Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,662 members, 7,801,914 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:45 AM

How To Check Your Individual TIN (tax Identification Nos) Online Using BVN/NIN - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How To Check Your Individual TIN (tax Identification Nos) Online Using BVN/NIN (24882 Views)

CBN To Freeze Bank Accounts Without BVN, NIN Starting April 2024 / No Tax Identification Number (TIN), No Bank Account - Finance Bill / Obasanjo: I Have Sent N5000 To Nigerian's Using Bvn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Check Your Individual TIN (tax Identification Nos) Online Using BVN/NIN by temitopealabi: 10:57pm On Oct 07, 2019
take control of your money... [url]Afriex.co[/url]
Re: How To Check Your Individual TIN (tax Identification Nos) Online Using BVN/NIN by obama30: 1:27am On Oct 08, 2019
Newphil:
Little did many Nigerian know that every one that is of taxable age and has obtained either BVN or NIN has been allocated a Tax Identification Number (TIN) by the Nigerian government.

The tax identification number (TIN) is a unique identifier for an individual or a company for the specific purpose of tax remittance and it is issued by the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS). As a business or individual, TIN is important because that is what shows that you are a registered taxpayer in Nigeria, and as you know that tax payment is made compulsory, every company, business, individual must have their own unique tax identification number.

Registered company/business will however need to Apply for TIN online separately. Follow the steps below to check your personal Tax Identification Number (TIN) with either BVN or NIN

- Visit https://tinverification.jtb.gov.ng/
- Select your Date of Birth.
- Select your preferred search criteria from the Select Criteria Dropdown-TIN or NIN or BVN or Registered Phone Number
- Provide the appropriate value based on the search criteria in Step 2 above
- Confirm you are not a robot by checking the reCAPTCHA Box
- Click the Search button

Source: https://www.naijabusiness.com.ng/featured/2019/check-individual-tin-tax-identification-number-online/

The poster may have take wee, everyone is eligible to pay Tax as Tax Identification Number (TIN) is already allocated to any one with BVN or NIN by the Nigerian government.
How many is allocated to Fulani’s, how many is allocated to Northern. How did Nigerian government care for jobless youths that go to bed with empty stomach and continue the next day without hope?
What Nigeria make in oil can develop entire West Africa not to talk about Nigerians living happily, Is only in Tax government remembering mass without minding how the citizens generate the TAX money.
For those that pays what is their security measure from their tax money? What is their healthy budget from government? Anyway we need job first before Tax abi they will start selling masses to generate the tax
Re: How To Check Your Individual TIN (tax Identification Nos) Online Using BVN/NIN by SouthSouth1914: 1:28am On Oct 08, 2019
charlsecy:
No, it doesn't work that way. Tax is legally compulsory; it doesn't matter if the government is responsible or not
That needs to change!
Re: How To Check Your Individual TIN (tax Identification Nos) Online Using BVN/NIN by yjgm(m): 6:28am On Oct 08, 2019
smasher1:

Why is the mind of the average Nigerian configured that everything is scam. I generated my certificate with my BVN and it shows my TIN number I registered four years ago.
Same here.
Re: How To Check Your Individual TIN (tax Identification Nos) Online Using BVN/NIN by charlsecy(m): 6:36am On Oct 08, 2019
SouthSouth1914:
That needs to change!
You expect the government to change that?
Re: How To Check Your Individual TIN (tax Identification Nos) Online Using BVN/NIN by Bonaventura(m): 7:39am On Oct 08, 2019
Newphil:
Little did many Nigerian know that every one that is of taxable age and has obtained either BVN or NIN has been allocated a Tax Identification Number (TIN) by the Nigerian government.

The tax identification number (TIN) is a unique identifier for an individual or a company for the specific purpose of tax remittance and it is issued by the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS). As a business or individual, TIN is important because that is what shows that you are a registered taxpayer in Nigeria, and as you know that tax payment is made compulsory, every company, business, individual must have their own unique tax identification number.

Registered company/business will however need to Apply for TIN online separately. Follow the steps below to check your personal Tax Identification Number (TIN) with either BVN or NIN

- Visit https://tinverification.jtb.gov.ng/
- Select your Date of Birth.
- Select your preferred search criteria from the Select Criteria Dropdown-TIN or NIN or BVN or Registered Phone Number
- Provide the appropriate value based on the search criteria in Step 2 above
- Confirm you are not a robot by checking the reCAPTCHA Box
- Click the Search button

Source: https://www.naijabusiness.com.ng/featured/2019/check-individual-tin-tax-identification-number-online/

Please what is meant by appropriate value?

1 Like

Re: How To Check Your Individual TIN (tax Identification Nos) Online Using BVN/NIN by aminho(m): 8:04am On Oct 08, 2019
Advancedman:

What is appropriate value?

Same question I'm asking
Re: How To Check Your Individual TIN (tax Identification Nos) Online Using BVN/NIN by Newphil: 8:05am On Oct 08, 2019
aminho:

Same question I'm asking
Bonaventura:

Please what is meant by appropriate value?

That is any of the value that you choose to use between BVN, NIN or Phone number, you input them
Re: How To Check Your Individual TIN (tax Identification Nos) Online Using BVN/NIN by jefy(m): 8:15am On Oct 08, 2019
bolafez:

go and check it. You have been given.

I registered mine last month and got the TIN automatically.
hi,just want to find out, the TIN given to you automatically,via your email i guess. Can the printed version be used officially,or you need get an official TIN document from the FIRS duely stamped ? Am just curious.
Re: How To Check Your Individual TIN (tax Identification Nos) Online Using BVN/NIN by Bonaventura(m): 8:26am On Oct 08, 2019
Newphil:

That is any of the value that you choose to use between BVN, NIN or Phone number, you input them
input them,how?
Re: How To Check Your Individual TIN (tax Identification Nos) Online Using BVN/NIN by Akshow: 8:29am On Oct 08, 2019
interesting
Re: How To Check Your Individual TIN (tax Identification Nos) Online Using BVN/NIN by Newphil: 8:35am On Oct 08, 2019
Bonaventura:

input them,how?

You input the "appropriate value" (BVN, NIN or Phone nos) in the next line "Search Value"
Re: How To Check Your Individual TIN (tax Identification Nos) Online Using BVN/NIN by code7x: 9:50am On Oct 08, 2019
OlujobaSamuel:
Are you sure that it's not when I give them my BVN or NIN that dey go generate the pin?
If the pin is readily available, make dem send am to the BVN or NIN contact as SMS na
Just my thoughts
Re: How To Check Your Individual TIN (tax Identification Nos) Online Using BVN/NIN by bolafez(m): 9:32pm On Oct 08, 2019
jefy:

hi,just want to find out, the TIN given to you automatically,via your email i guess. Can the printed version be used officially,or you need get an official TIN document from the FIRS duely stamped ? Am just curious.

TIN is TIN

you don't need FIRS to get anyone again.

CAC and FIRS have made things easy unlike before that You need to do some things before getting it.

it comes automatically when your business name is registered now.
Re: How To Check Your Individual TIN (tax Identification Nos) Online Using BVN/NIN by jefy(m): 10:05pm On Oct 08, 2019
bolafez:

TIN is TIN

you don't need FIRS to get anyone again.

CAC and FIRS have made things easy unlike before that You need to do some things before getting it.

it comes automatically when your business name is registered now.
oh,ok,thanks
Re: How To Check Your Individual TIN (tax Identification Nos) Online Using BVN/NIN by jamace(m): 1:02pm On Feb 14, 2022
Ok. Who has done this and gotten his/her TIN?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

UK Group Raises Alarm Over "Genocide On Christians In Nigeria" / Sheikh Gumi: If Coup Plotters Are Pardoned, Why Not Bandits / Pictures From NNPP Campaign Rally In Bauchi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.