Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,998 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:55 AM

Whale In Lagos(with Pics) - Food (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Whale In Lagos(with Pics) (64079 Views)

Whale Found @ Agaja Beach, Bonny Island, Rivers State, Nigeria / Feeding Lagos With Snake Pepper Soup / Lol:food-hungry Lagosians Hack On Dead, Smelly Whale - Food Is Ready (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by buzugee(m): 6:30pm On Nov 07, 2010
guddsid:

their ? and where are you from . Mars grin

thanks my brother abeg let him know grin

somebody gotta school these shark eating lunatics grin grin grin
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by phreakabit(m): 6:39pm On Nov 07, 2010

Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics)
« #278 on: Today at 05:44:47 PM »

I am almost convinced that 70% of Nigerians abroad are suffering from a condition of amongeism! Black on the outside, white/yellowish on the inside! They come to NL and open their mouth whenever issues at home is being discussed but can't use that same smeling mouth to fight back in their various "shanties" in oyinbo land where they are classed as "second class" and/or "children of slaves"!

The fact that the pictures used in this story has been doctored and these so called african-oyinbo couldnt spot it says it all!,  like someone has already said,  GET A LIFE YALL! Cool

Nigerian in Nigeria over here, but I am still very sane! If the pictures where doctored, I guess the vids where nursed right?? grin. BTW If you are a Nigerian abroad do your thing I am not mad @ you, just dont forget where you are from
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by Ranoscky(m): 6:44pm On Nov 07, 2010
phreakabit:

and their upside-down country?

Common shut up dia, Your Name no be moremi? Look at this Yoruba gal trying to form whitey for us sha!

You dey mind that maggot? undecided

guddsid:

their ? and where are you from . Mars grin

And maybe when we check where she stays and thinks she's in abroad, it might be "HAITI".
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by buzugee(m): 6:46pm On Nov 07, 2010
phreakabit:

Nigerian in Nigeria over here, but I am still very sane! If the pictures where doctored, I guess the vids where nursed right?? grin. BTW If you are a Nigerian abroad do your thing I am not mad @ you, just dont forget where you are from

yeah i made a blanket statement which was wrong. my bad. i know nigeria still has tonnes of citizens who have not left naija but still act rationally.
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by moremi2008(m): 6:53pm On Nov 07, 2010
Ranoscky:

You dey mind that maggot? undecided

And maybe when we check where she stays and thinks she's in abroad, it might be "HAITI".

Oh, you seem very upset at something. What is it that's making you mad? Poverty? Ignorance? Erectile Dysfunction? Let it all out on nairaland so we can get you some help, brother! All that pent-up anger is not good for your health. grin
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by 3kay945(m): 8:38pm On Nov 07, 2010
am here now, you guys can stop quarreling and arguing kiss
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by phreakabit(m): 8:55pm On Nov 07, 2010
am here now, you guys can stop quarreling and arguing Kiss

Are you a "SEA PORK " Eater or Not? Where do you stand, lol grin
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by invisible2(m): 9:07pm On Nov 07, 2010
Wetin dey happen here, any more whales washed up for moi to slice?
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by OmoTier1(m): 9:13pm On Nov 07, 2010
buzugee:

amongeism ? now you are just making up words  grin
smelling mouth ? do you go around kissing all nigerians in diaspora ? how do you know their mouth is smelling ?

what you call amongeism ? is actually 'enlightenment'  believe it or not some of the things that you nigerians who have never left the shores of nigeria do is straight up crude and barbaric. once you step away from the shores of nigeria and then you become like an outsider looking in ? thats when all the flaws become visible to you and you bow your head in shame. i think the govt needs to organise a program to let every citizen of nigeria visit another country for a month before returning back to nigeria ( although i know such a program would not work because all man will run and not return and nigeria will become empty  grin ) but yeah visit somewhere else then come back enlightened. it is not amongeism. it is enlightenment.  its amazing the wisdom you acquire when you are an outsider looking in. for example ? the practice of throwing tire on a human being and burning them alive because they stole something, this is just barbaric. but those who do it think if we condemn them, it is because we want to feel amongeism with oyinbo. far from the point. when you are outside looking in ? you see the barbarism for what it is. same with this rotten whale thing. on the outside looking in ? it looks terrible. but those of you who have never left naija just see it as a natural part of life. rotten smelly shark full of mercury and pathogens lands on the shore, oowwweeeeeeee let me go cut me a piece  grin crazy silly nigerians.

then because of mercury poisoning if your liver shuts down or if you give birth to a kid with 9 toes on each feet, you go come say na juju dem do for you grin
Carry go sit don! I feel sorry for most of you NIDS! You guys often think 'cos you are a second class citizen abroad with "fake" arrangee marriage papers that means you are exposed and more intelligent! utter rubbish I say!, FYI, I have being there, and there is nothing about oyinbo life that you can convince me with! As some one who have worked among the creame la creame of engineering in the UK,France,Canada and China seen their dirty side of the daily lives of these so called oyinbos, I think it was safe for me to conclude that lots of you NIDS are truly suffering from a disease I call "amongeism". Go ask the brits why they are still fox hunting! have you been to Wales? go to rural Aberdeen and seelife for yourself! Have you been to downtown paris? Blois? Nice?, dude, like I said before, GET A LIFE YALL,  continue to listen to white man rubbish, see how they have preached global warming sermon to the lacks and at the same time they are quickly building their industeries to mass produce the so called "climate change" goods. IF YOU THINK WE CAN CHANGE NIGERIA BY LOOKING THROUGH THE WHITE MAN'S LENSES, THEN YOU MUST BE DAY DREAMING, GO ASK CHINA AND BRAZIL, AND THEIR ANSWER WILL ALWAYS REMAIN; GROW AT YOUR OWN PACE, DO NOT LET ANYONE DICTATE ANYTHING TO YOU, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, BELIEVE THAT WHAT YOU HAVE IS THE BEST THAT THE WORLD HAS GOT! Finally, let our people chop their whale jare' you smelling mouth try make you first use that mouth take fight your second class status before ou go dey worry about Naija and their whale eating people
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by invisible2(m): 9:22pm On Nov 07, 2010
Omo tier, dont mind the bush men who ran away from their fatherland and are praying to become oyibo by force. If you see how they bite their tongues several times trying to imitate oyinbo accents, they will gladly chop oyibo shait and smile about it. Let them pretend, small time we start rejecting the prodigals.
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by Jimali: 10:20pm On Nov 07, 2010
Why all the vexed debates and posturing on this reality that is common to Naija? Nigeria has always been and remains a state where the unwritten law is Buyers beware or eaters beware, you buy merchandise or eat food from all sources at your own risk. You do not need the government or another man to tell you what to eat or not to eat. we all have some sense or moral judgement as well as what each of us can stomach. The people eating the dead and maybe rotten whale meat may find it a delicacy and may not suffer from any ill effect. so also those that do not eat also do well for themselves. Life is full of ups and downs and we all have to take risks or remain stationary. the people who ate the whale meat or sold the whale meat were only taking a gamble and were aware of the slogan" Eaters beware, eat at your own risk". please NL 's stop all the name calling. it never breeds for a sensible and progressive discussion.
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by buzugee(m): 11:24pm On Nov 07, 2010
Omo_Tier1:

Carry go sit don! I feel sorry for most of you NIDS! You guys often think 'cos you are a second class citizen abroad with "fake" arrangee marriage papers that means you are exposed and more intelligent! utter rubbish I say!,  FYI, I have being there, and there is nothing about oyinbo life that you can convince me with! As some one who have worked among the creame la creame of engineering in the UK,France,Canada and China seen their dirty side of the daily lives of these so called oyinbos, I think it was safe for me to conclude that lots of you NIDS are truly suffering from a disease I call "amongeism". Go ask the brits why they are still fox hunting! have you been to Wales? go to rural Aberdeen and seelife for yourself! Have you been to downtown paris? Blois? Nice?, dude, like I said before, GET A LIFE YALL,   continue to listen to white man rubbish,  see how they have preached global warming sermon to the lacks and at the same time they are quickly building their industeries to mass produce the so called "climate change" goods. IF YOU THINK WE CAN CHANGE NIGERIA BY LOOKING THROUGH THE WHITE MAN'S LENSES, THEN YOU MUST BE DAY DREAMING, GO ASK CHINA AND BRAZIL, AND THEIR ANSWER WILL ALWAYS REMAIN; GROW AT YOUR OWN PACE, DO NOT LET ANYONE DICTATE ANYTHING TO YOU, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY,  BELIEVE THAT WHAT YOU HAVE IS THE BEST THAT THE WORLD HAS GOT! Finally, let our people chop their whale jare' you smelling mouth try make you first use that mouth take fight your second class status before ou go dey worry about Naija and their whale eating people
if you ask me, i think you and invisible get some kinda inferiority complex to oyinbo people. you guys keep mentioning them all the time. what has this got to do with oyinbo ? you do know that living in diaspora does not mean that you are living in oyinbo country right ? there is jamaica, st kitts, barbados, antigua, trinidad, costa rica, botswana, namibia, zambia,  puerto rico,  gambia, ghana, south africa etc etc , so why do you guys keep bringing up oyinbo ? are you guys dumb enough to think that oyinbo is the only one with countrys that africans live in ?
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by tpia5: 11:30pm On Nov 07, 2010
funny videos.

one does have to wonder why whales are washing up on lagos beaches however.

is there increased sonar activity in the area or what.

@ 7 gallons of ororo- now you see why whaling is big business. All that blubber no be joke.

almost every part of a whale is useful.

doesnt mean i support unrestricted whaling though- whales are cute or something.

the thing huge sha.
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by ezeagu(m): 12:28am On Nov 08, 2010
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by tpia5: 12:38am On Nov 08, 2010
yes, that's why many people turn vegetarian.

a dead animal is not a pretty sight.

however, food is essential for survival.

hence most can still eat meat even after seeing an abbatoir.
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by ezeagu(m): 12:56am On Nov 08, 2010
It's one thing being dead, it's another thing being rotten.
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by tpia5: 1:31am On Nov 08, 2010
^^what signs of rot are you seeing because I'm wondering if we're looking at the same photo.

if you eat dried fish, you've also eaten something rotten.

anyway!

instead of all this unnecessary hoopla, what people need to be doing is identify the type of whale it was.

From that picture, I assume it's probably a baleen whale due to the shape of it's head and the dark blue colour.

humpback?

Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by lastpage: 1:34am On Nov 08, 2010
@buzeegee and omo-tier1.

I have been following the spats between two of you and l must add that TOW OF YOU ARE GOOD MEN, two of you are striking at the 'SAME THING" but from different perspective!
Both of you want a better Nigeria!
One thinks we should copy good things from "abroad".
The other feels we can be good without copying anyone and that "oyinbo" has nothing to offer us.

Well, l appreciate people like you two, because you have the interest and dignity of your country-men at heart.

On a sober mood, WE CANNOT COPY ANY COUNTRY, WHOLESALE!
Every country has its own dark under-belly.
We then must be "smart like the Chineese", COPY ANYTHING GOOD FROM ANYONE grin

For example, on this whale issue, there are pictures already on the U-Tube depicting Nigerians as cannibals.
I have posted a comparison below, one in Nigeria, one from Ireland.
Both occurred on the same day, its the same type of whale that were "beached". Haaba

In one scenario, some were rescued, after it became a "tourist attraction", and thirty died among them but NONE was EATEN!
In our own scenario, only ONE WHALE was beached, that one was butchered and eaten!

I remember in 2004 or thereabout, the same event happened at one of those beaches in V/I and l left my office to have a look (Never seen a "life" Whale before then). By the time we got there, it was "butcher-fest"! All manner of dangerous weapons were used to scatter the Whale!

The questions that arise are:
**Is that the right thing to do?
**Can eating such animal not be dangerous to the health of the scavengers?
**Does "poverty and hunger", have anything to do with such ravenous scavenging?
Does such image portray us as "evolution-nized" beyond the impression that our haters want to paint about us?

We need to reflect on these things without being sentimental.
We are a great nation, a great people but to truly ascend to our greatness, we need to look ourselves in the face and tell ourselves the truth.

LET US COPY FROM OTHERS (OYINBO OR ANYONE) WHAT IS GOOD AMONGST THEM WHILE WE AVOID THE BAD THINGS THAT THEY DO.

That cant be too difficult to understand, cant it?

Instead of directing valuable energy at each others throat (and we all do this occassionally!  grin )
lets spare it and use it constructively, together, an amalgamation of the"nationalist and the enlightened": Thats what l call "winning team"!
Now Jonathan is in trouble!

Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by Princek12(m): 2:28am On Nov 08, 2010
To all the people who, by comparing the whale to eating stock fish, see nothing wrong with eating the beached whale:

You guys forget that a whale is beached either because it is dead or because it is sick, and can therefore no longer swim. In this case, the whale was dead and was smelling, which indicates that the whale had been dead for sometime. Only God knows for how long. So if, for example, the whale died about 5000 km from land, it may have taken a couple of days for the ocean current to bring the whale on shore. So, it is the equivalent of eating a fish that has been killed for days and has not been preserved by freezing or refrigerating; but we can say that the salt in the ocean slowed down the decomposition process. Overall, those who ate that whale risked their health just to eat some stinky, smelly fish. My two cents.
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by DapoBear(m): 3:35am On Nov 08, 2010
Spoiled meat isn't good for you, does a lot more harm than good. Hopefully it works out well for those who ate the whale meat and they do not sicken.
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by buzugee(m): 5:23am On Nov 08, 2010
tpia@:

^^what signs of rot are you seeing because I'm wondering if we're looking at the same photo.

anyway!

instead of all this unnecessary hoopla, what people need to be doing is identify the type of whale it was.

From that picture, I assume it's probably a baleen whale due to the shape of it's head and the dark blue colour.

humpback?

what are ya ? a connoisseur of whale types ? grin grin
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by Nobody: 5:47am On Nov 08, 2010
The bottom line is: Yorubas got this amazing longer throat. Poor dead whale cry

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-547157.0.html#msg7099447
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by buzugee(m): 6:00am On Nov 08, 2010
lastpage:

@buzeegee and omo-tier1.

I have been following the spats between two of you and l must add that TOW OF YOU ARE GOOD MEN, two of you are striking at the 'SAME THING" but from different perspective!
Both of you want a better Nigeria!
One thinks we should copy good things from "abroad".
The other feels we can be good without copying anyone and that "oyinbo" has nothing to offer us.

Well, l appreciate people like you two, because you have the interest and dignity of your country-men at heart.

On a sober mood, WE CANNOT COPY ANY COUNTRY, WHOLESALE!
Every country has its own dark under-belly.
We then must be "smart like the Chineese", COPY ANYTHING GOOD FROM ANYONE grin

For example, on this whale issue, there are pictures already on the U-Tube depicting Nigerians as cannibals.
I have posted a comparison below, one in Nigeria, one from Ireland.
Both occurred on the same day, its the same type of whale that were "beached". Haaba

In one scenario, some were rescued, after it became a "tourist attraction", and thirty died among them but NONE was EATEN!
In our own scenario, only ONE WHALE was beached, that one was butchered and eaten!

I remember in 2004 or thereabout, the same event happened at one of those beaches in V/I and l left my office to have a look (Never seen a "life" Whale before then). By the time we got there, it was "butcher-fest"! All manner of dangerous weapons were used to scatter the Whale!

The questions that arise are:
**Is that the right thing to do?
**Can eating such animal not be dangerous to the health of the scavengers?
**Does "poverty and hunger", have anything to do with such ravenous scavenging?
Does such image portray us as "evolution-nized" beyond the impression that our haters want to paint about us?

We need to reflect on these things without being sentimental.
We are a great nation, a great people but to truly ascend to our greatness, we need to look ourselves in the face and tell ourselves the truth.

LET US COPY FROM OTHERS (OYINBO OR ANYONE) WHAT IS GOOD AMONGST THEM WHILE WE AVOID THE BAD THINGS THAT THEY DO.

That cant be too difficult to understand, cant it?

Instead of directing valuable energy at each others throat (and we all do this occassionally!  grin )
lets spare it and use it constructively, together, an amalgamation of the"nationalist and the enlightened": Thats what l call "winning team"!
Now Jonathan is in trouble!
thanks for the kind words my brother and you have said it all. you have hit the nail on the head. all these people do not know that we now live in a global village. there are eyes everywhere now. you have to always put your best foot forward so as to put the rest of us in a good light. we are not a self sufficient nation and hence have to depend on others for some form of sustainment so how we present ourselves to the world will go a long way in getting the kind of respect we deserve during any kind of negotiations. it is imperative for every nigerian to put their best foot forward in presenting us to the world. these rotten shark scavenging nuts just set us back 100 years. this shyttt will be all over youtube for the world to see
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by sourtruth: 10:51am On Nov 08, 2010
[/size]

NIGERIANS ARE THE BIGGEST CRITICS TO THEIR OWN

YOU WHO IS JUDGING THEM FOR EATING AN ALREADY DEAD WHALE, YOU ARE NO BETTER THAN THEM,  LIVE AND LET LIVE!!!

YOUR OWN ATROCITIES THAT THE CAMERAS DONT SEE IS WHY U THINK UR BETTER??

YOU DO NOT KNOW THEIR PERSONAL STORIES SO DONT JUDGE THEM

IF THE WHALE IS ROTTEN, THEY WILL GET THEIRS, WHAT THEY EAT WONT MAKE U SHIT SO LEAVE THEM BE.[size=8pt][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by ezeagu(m): 10:53am On Nov 08, 2010
tpia@:

anyway!

humpback?

Umm, you're looking at this picture right?

[center]www.nairaland.com/attachments/346904_whale_lekki_jpgf8f2446aeaead224f58bc4418e27b0e2 [/center]

With all the broken skin and brownish water around, and with the browning of its usually white underneath and the fact that it would have probably been floating around dead for days in polluted water, it is clearly rotten. I don't know what market you shop for stock fish (whale cemetery?), but I only see dried stock fish that was killed by the fishermen in whatever European country it came from, not whale carcass.
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by invisible2(m): 11:35am On Nov 08, 2010
ezeagu:

[center]www.nairaland.com/attachments/346904_whale_lekki_jpgf8f2446aeaead224f58bc4418e27b0e2 [/center]

With all the broken skin and brownish water around, and with the browning of its usually white underneath and the fact that it would have probably been floating around dead for days in polluted water, it is clearly rotten. I don't know what market you shop for stock fish (whale cemetery?), but I only see dried stock fish that was killed by the fishermen in whatever European country it came from, not whale carcass.

Person wey dey house sabi the price for market.
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by sunnyprof: 11:40am On Nov 08, 2010
Animal Conservation!! its not in our Culture.  

I saw this happen on Bonny Island around year 2000 also. The dead whale was skimmed to the ground, even the bone became monuments in some homes.

So this not a problem in Nigeria. Which rich person, organization or Government had time to see to such rescue excercise except there is money to share or if it is given out as Contract (for loyalty sake). We don't even have setup for such rescue here.

It is not about poverty, it only shows we like to devour free opportunities. This is NIgerian lifestyle.
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by buttkick: 12:07pm On Nov 08, 2010
whales dont get stranded ashore only cos they died. they can loose their way due to confusing tracking signals which they follow in their long journeys in the belly of the seas. they then wander to shallow waters which might, as in this case, be the lagos barbeach shores
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by invisible2(m): 12:13pm On Nov 08, 2010
sunnyprof:

Animal Conservation!! its not in our Culture.  

I saw this happen on Bonny Island around year 2000 also. The dead whale was skimmed to the ground, even the bone became monuments in some homes.

So this not a problem in Nigeria. Which rich person, organization or Government had time to see to such rescue excercise except there is money to share or if it is given out as Contract (for loyalty sake). We don't even have setup for such rescue here.

It is not about poverty, it only shows we like to devour free opportunities. This is NIgerian lifestyle.
So, which country doesnt like to devour free opportunities or because we like to yab Nigeria specially.
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by tpia5: 2:29pm On Nov 08, 2010
Princek12:

To all the people who, by comparing the whale to eating stock fish, see nothing wrong with eating the beached whale:

You guys forget that a whale is beached either because it is dead or because it is sick, and can therefore no longer swim. In this case, the whale was dead and was smelling, which indicates that the whale had been dead for sometime. Only God knows for how long. So if, for example, the whale died about 5000 km from land, it may have taken a couple of days for the ocean current to bring the whale on shore. So, it is the equivalent of eating a fish that has been killed for days and has not been preserved by freezing or refrigerating; but we can say that the salt in the ocean slowed down the decomposition process. Overall, those who ate that whale risked their health just to eat some stinky, smelly fish. My two cents.

buttkick:

whales dont get stranded ashore only cos they died. they can loose their way due to confusing tracking signals which they follow in their long journeys in the belly of the seas. they then wander to shallow waters which might, as in this case, be the lagos barbeach shores

thank you buttkick.
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by tpia5: 2:32pm On Nov 08, 2010
@princek

if the whale had died sometime ago, chances are it would have sunk to the bottom of the sea, not that it would be washed ashore 5000km away.

if that were the case, seeing whale carcasses would be the norm, not a rarity.

beached whale means it was alive, not dead, when it was first sighted.

buzugee:

what are ya ? a connoisseur of whale types ? grin grin

actually, i am.

i find them fascinating.

i've always wanted to go whale watching someday.
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by tpia5: 2:39pm On Nov 08, 2010
ezeagu:

which whale has a white underbelly? Certainly not this one.

find out which type it is and only then can you know what colour it's underbelly is supposed to be. This isnt a fish nah.

the skin colour is normal [dark blue] and doesnt show any sign of the rot you're talking about.

the exposed blubber could be because somebody cut away the skin- those look like knife marks.

yes, there's sand on the beach. What's your point?

even living whales are covered with barnacles and bite marks from past battles so i dont see what the big deal is.

i guess you've never seen an animal slaughtered and dressed before hence your squeamishness.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

You Can Eat Only One Thing From This Plate / Black Spaghetti. This Is What It Looks Like. Can You Eat This? / Soldier, Faith Ogochukwu Kills African Civet In Her Farm (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.