Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,290 members, 7,780,668 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:04 PM

Getting A Job With A Diploma In Info Systems Mngt - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Getting A Job With A Diploma In Info Systems Mngt (2360 Views)

What Can A Diploma In Business Management Do To Your Career Anyway? A Study / Difficulties In Getting Job With Degree In Geology And Geophysics In Nigeria / Difficulties In Getting Job With Degree In Geology And Geophysics In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Getting A Job With A Diploma In Info Systems Mngt by stead: 7:54pm On May 19, 2007
hi fellow nairalanders just registered today, nd am loving it. Am a student of aptech wordwide in abuja and studying  (ADSE)advance diploma in software  engineering under the ACCP career program which is divided into three laps (DISM)diploma in info systems management,(HDSE)higher diploma in software engineering and ,(ADSE)advance diploma in software engineering . am presently in d first lap (DISM) but would be rounding up pretty soon , my main problem is dat am thinking of gettin a job with d certificate(DISM) will it be possible to get a job? (hav gat no degree) cuz i wld like 2 get some experience b4 i finish all d courses , so if ure an employer would u employ me? not wanting 2 sound concieted i knw ill be better than a graduate of computer science , cuz of d level of training in aptech. so wat do u guys think do i hav a chance ? your advice and contribution will make a diffrence .thanks
Re: Getting A Job With A Diploma In Info Systems Mngt by otuonye(m): 11:38pm On May 21, 2007
@poster,

My brother,

Honestly, you have done well for yourself. Enrolling in that course and graduating is not an easy task. Although, university education is good, a professional course [like the one you are currently undergoing] might help you a lot.

Just like you said, a lot of Computer Science graduates may not be able to implement the solutions you are taught at APTECH. So, I think you might have an edge.

What they taught us in the University is not what we face at interviews [as computer science graduates]. The questions and situations we face at interviews is a lot higher than what we were taught in school

However, you still need to think of going to further your education.

Anyway, me I wan ask you certain questions:

Whether them dey teach well for APTECH?
When their scholarship programme dey come up?
Which city wey you dey do this your programme [because me sef, I wan join APTECH very soon].

Jojo
Re: Getting A Job With A Diploma In Info Systems Mngt by Pelumiv(m): 9:46pm On Oct 07, 2007
Sorry that I'm not answering your question but want to ask you a question. I just want to know the duration of the ACCP COURSE and also the entrance requirement as well as the fee. Thanks in advances
Re: Getting A Job With A Diploma In Info Systems Mngt by lumide007(m): 9:31pm On Oct 09, 2007
hello stead, am glad i came accross this topis cos' am going to start the programme this november though i already have a third class degree in industrial chemistry but i think is not good enough for me.As for your plans to further your stody,i wld suggest you go for a masters after your prog. with aptech,i hope you know that with your three yrs in aptech you get yourself a B.Sc computing.Gud luck stead
pelumiv;aptch runs 4 three yrs with flexible exit at the end of every yr.570k for the two yrs in nigeria then direct entry into uk university where u will be awarded B.Sc computing with 8000pounds approx.2mil.
Re: Getting A Job With A Diploma In Info Systems Mngt by michaelwe1(m): 3:50am On Oct 10, 2007
stead:

hi fellow nairalanders just registered today, nd am loving it. Am a student of aptech wordwide in abuja and studying (ADSE)advance diploma in software engineering under the ACCP career program which is divided into three laps (DISM)diploma in info systems management,(HDSE)higher diploma in software engineering and ,(ADSE)advance diploma in software engineering . am presently in d first lap (DISM) but would be rounding up pretty soon , my main problem is that am thinking of gettin a job with d certificate(DISM) will it be possible to get a job? (hav gat no degree) because i would like 2 get some experience before i finish all d courses , so if ure an employer would u employ me? not wanting 2 sound concieted i knw ill be better than a graduate of computer science , because of d level of training in aptech. so what do u guys think do i hav a chance ? your advice and contribution will make a diffrence .thanks

I will love to see more response to this
Re: Getting A Job With A Diploma In Info Systems Mngt by lumide007(m): 11:35am On Oct 10, 2007
you get a certification ater ur first yr i.e DISM
second yr;higher diploma in system engineering[HDSE]
Third yr;advanced diploma in system engineering which will be obtained in the UK.
Re: Getting A Job With A Diploma In Info Systems Mngt by 2009DOREEN(f): 1:01pm On Oct 10, 2007
I HEREBY ASK FOR ASSISTANT ON ANY OND COURSE FOR ME AS A PARTTIME STUDENT IN UR SCHOOL
Re: Getting A Job With A Diploma In Info Systems Mngt by Sugarprinc: 1:34pm On Jun 26, 2008
hi all , i am Rahim from pakistan doing ACCP from Aptech And i am in 2nd year and doing internship in aandesigners , They have offer me job right After The internship but i wanna go for a much better job then this , So it will Be a great help if you guys suggest any job for me , Do tell me

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Set Up A Tissue Paper Factory / Job Opportunities For Biological Science Graduates. / How Do I Tell My Boss I Want To Quit?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.