Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,330 members, 7,780,858 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:56 AM

A Nairalander Escapes Suspected "One Chance" Robbers/ Ritualists - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / A Nairalander Escapes Suspected "One Chance" Robbers/ Ritualists (23502 Views)

4 One Chance Robbers Were Caught Beaten, And Disgraced (videos/pictures) / One Chance Robbers Caught In Wuse, Abuja (pics/video) / 'One-Chance' Robbers Attack Woman With Spanner In Abuja (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Nairalander Escapes Suspected "One Chance" Robbers/ Ritualists by Apeshy101(m): 10:48pm On Oct 08, 2019
My ex employer fired her warehouse attendant on Saturday, 21st September. She needed someone to take over till she finds a suitable replacement.

She called me me and I obliged. So since then I've been going to the warehouse everyday. Due to the nature of the work ( overseeing offloading and onloading, supply, and reconciliation of acct at the end of each day), I usually come home late (around 8-10pm).

I live in the same street with her so she do drop me off sometimes. I usually go home with public transit any day she goes home earlier (she has kids to attend to), while going home, I branch at her place to drop off some cash realised from the days sales ( three stores).

Today was quite the most stressful day I have had since the temporary take over ( offloading, several supplies, a new attendant to put through things, and finally reconciling acct for the day.)

Closed by 9:15pm, boarded a bus from Old Park to New Market.

Typing...

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Nairalander Escapes Suspected "One Chance" Robbers/ Ritualists by Apeshy101(m): 11:29pm On Oct 08, 2019
Alighted from the bus and boarded a tricycle (Keke) at new Market bound for Ugbo-Odogwu.

The place is usually deserted at by this time and no Keke is site.

Walked over a tricycle with 3 occupants and and the driver making a total of 4 persons.

I was downcast as we were two ( I was in company of my neighbor).
Well, I told the guy that we were too and but the passengers all chorused "no problem" almost in unison.

The three passengers all alighted, one went to sit at the front, the second went to "hang" the at the driver's left side, the third person came down and never entered back, leaving only my neighbor and I to the back seat.

That's where my first suspicion started!

All the already seated passengers left the comfortable part of the Keke they sat just for you and your friend to be comfortable?
My brother something is not right!
typing...

NB: THE WAREHOUSE IS LOCATED ALONG OKPARA AVENUE, ENUGU WHILE I LIVE AT GOLF ESTATE, GRA. THERE IS NO DIRECT PUBLIC TRANSIT FROM OKPARA AVENUE TO GOLF ESTATE EXCEPT YOU TAKE "KEKE DROP" BUT ITS TOO COSTLY (1K TO AND FRO), SO I PLY OLD PARK-NEW MARKET AND FROM NEW MARKET-OGBO ODOGWU (ALIGHT AT "STEP", TO AND FRO IS 2H) AND STROLL INTO MY STREET IN THE ESTATE.

6 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Escapes Suspected "One Chance" Robbers/ Ritualists by Apeshy101(m): 11:48pm On Oct 08, 2019
The driver turned on the ignition, then asks,
Driver: you go reach Ugbo Odogwu?
Me: No, I go drop for step
Other Passengers: (almost in unison) Ha, na our area. So all us go just come down there)
Driver: Okay na, bring money now, I no wan delay for that place, you know say e don late.
Me: Okay, (hands him to the money)

My second suspicion;

Ehhn, why driver come dey ask if I go reach Ogbo Odogwu, normally na if I reach where I dey stop I go tell am na, why him first dey ask?

Okay na, all the passengers wey first me enter go all drop at step, why him no collect their money na? Na only me him see.

Why the famzing, all the passengers just dey claim say Golf na their area with this Kain "Kai Kai " smell? With all these their low life look? (Not offence intended Sha, just thinking to my self)
Typing...

8 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Escapes Suspected "One Chance" Robbers/ Ritualists by Apeshy101(m): 11:58pm On Oct 08, 2019
The driver stopped on the gas and the "Keke" came to life, with little roaring it soared.

A million thoughts ran through my mind.

I turned to my neighbor, we locked eyes. I could read his mind from the expression on his face!

Dude was thinking same thing with me.
Na there I confirm say "we don enter".

A millions ways out started running through mind in split seconds,

Thought 1: Just place a call your Madam's husband and tell him to come wait you at step
Logic: what if you call him now but he is not at home, if this people are robbers or ritualists, you have just given them good validation of your vulnerability.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Nairalander Escapes Suspected "One Chance" Robbers/ Ritualists by Apeshy101(m): 12:03am On Oct 09, 2019
Thought 2:

Why not place a fake call your daddy.
Tell him to come wait you for step.
"Good evening daddy, pls I closed late and kinda stranded, come to step and wait for me. Pls hurry up, I'm on my way now, don't forget your double barrel... Alright, bye"

Logic: What if they actually get to step but didn't see anyone waiting for you there?

My brother, you are finished

8 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Escapes Suspected "One Chance" Robbers/ Ritualists by Apeshy101(m): 12:07am On Oct 09, 2019
Thought 3

Just keep your cool and follow them, if you get to step and they reduced to stop, just jump out from the Keke.

Logic: What if you jump out and die?
What if you jump and becomes critically injured and and couldn't escape?
What if you jump down and they chased and after you?

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Nairalander Escapes Suspected "One Chance" Robbers/ Ritualists by Apeshy101(m): 12:12am On Oct 09, 2019
Thought 4:

Follow them, when you get to step and they refused to stop, make sure you cause accident, it's a do or die

Logic: survival is plausible Sha.
But since they are four and we are two, what if they over power us?

No one will come to your rescue at this odd hours ohh.

4 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Escapes Suspected "One Chance" Robbers/ Ritualists by 2SWT(f): 12:17am On Oct 09, 2019

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Nairalander Escapes Suspected "One Chance" Robbers/ Ritualists by Apeshy101(m): 12:23am On Oct 09, 2019
These and many more are thoughts were running through my mind.

Just then we were approaching SARS out post. The Estate has 3 major entrance, one of them is located along Enugu- Onitsha Express way.

My neighbor just told them to stop us at SARS.

At this point I was relieved.

Why have I not thought of this since?

It will prolong the trekking but 99% safe!

The driver pretended not to hear, so I repeated it to him. This time very loud. (I swear the SARS men heard).

The driver knowing that they had little chance of escaping if they tried shit, stopped.

I hopped down like a from and vooom inside the SARS (you will pass through SARS if you are entering the estate from that side).

We greeted some of them and continued our trekking.

My neighbor tapped me and said "just look back"

Na so I turned only to see that these people are still at that spot ohh.
We slowed our pace to see if they will go but they remained there probably staring at us too!

Typing....

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Nairalander Escapes Suspected "One Chance" Robbers/ Ritualists by Apeshy101(m): 12:36am On Oct 09, 2019
We discussed as we trekked, my friend was thinking almost same thing with me.

Finally arrived our street, second to the last one the estate.

Looking up to the step where we were supposed to drop, there parked a haulage van

Looking closely, I could spot 3 persons looking down from the step to the estate.

To be sure I was not hallucinating, I told my neighbor to look there and he saw same thing.

We raised our pace and went inside.

This truck could have just been broken down along that road but my instinct is saying otherwise?

Of all places to break down, whY must it be step?

Why were there be 3 people?

Why were the 3 people looking down at the estate?

I thought when your vehicle breakdown at odd hours, you will have to shift from the scene to avoid being attacked by bandits?

If the truck could be fixed tonight, why were they not on it?

What if these were actually robbers?

or even ritualists?

Typing....

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Nairalander Escapes Suspected "One Chance" Robbers/ Ritualists by Kvngfrosh(m): 1:21am On Oct 09, 2019
grin
Oya type

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Nairalander Escapes Suspected "One Chance" Robbers/ Ritualists by Nobody: 1:34am On Oct 09, 2019
I think this should be in the crime section. Or are they one-chance rapists? grin grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander Escapes Suspected "One Chance" Robbers/ Ritualists by Nobody: 1:35am On Oct 09, 2019
TheGiftedOne:
F

This man kept space and went to bed. What haven't I seen here? grin grin grin

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Nairalander Escapes Suspected "One Chance" Robbers/ Ritualists by Apeshy101(m): 7:12am On Oct 09, 2019
Early this morning around 6:15 am.

I went to step to check if the "broken down" truck is still there but it was no where to be found.

This just confirmed my suspicion.

My neighbor came over some minutes ago, some we been discussing about the incident but to my surprise, niqga can't really remember how he got into the Keke at the first place.

We been arguing whether it was only him and I were at the back seat or there was someone else besides us.

I have explained but niqqa still can't wrap his head around it.

Even I can't remember any of their faces if I see them now but I would blame it on the darkness of the night.

Pls be mindful of any vehicle you enter. I can't really say these people are ritualists or not, but it's better safe than sorry.

Learn to observe usual things that shouldn't happen in out of routine.

Never doubt your instincts.

You may be wrong sometimes but right most of the times.

Christmas is at the corner, avoid movements at odd hours.

Above all, God saved me.

NB: STEP IS AN UNDER PASS ALONG ENUGU-ONITSHA EXPRESSWAY. IF YOU ARE COMING FROM NEW MARKET, YOU WILL GET TO STEP BEFORE FLYOVER.
ITS A SHORT CUT TO ENTER GOLF ESTATE FROM THE EXPRESS WAY.

104 Likes 6 Shares

Re: A Nairalander Escapes Suspected "One Chance" Robbers/ Ritualists by Apeshy101(m): 7:55am On Oct 09, 2019
You can share your experience if you have had such before

See
Lalasticlala
Mynd44

I would appreciate if people learn from this, kindly move this to front page.

4 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Escapes Suspected "One Chance" Robbers/ Ritualists by vizkiz: 8:03am On Oct 09, 2019
lol

Smh....
Re: A Nairalander Escapes Suspected "One Chance" Robbers/ Ritualists by 24kmagic: 8:08am On Oct 09, 2019
Whe me for here de stay outside reach 1am without fear of anything like ritualist or kidnapper.

Truly, Middle belt is a safe haven

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Escapes Suspected "One Chance" Robbers/ Ritualists by Apeshy101(m): 8:36am On Oct 09, 2019
DOMINGOPAPI:
Reatualist shocked

Seems you want to kidnap us with your grammar.
No vex ohh

I didn't proof read.

Pic1: My street that leads up to step

Pic2: The over view of step ( underpass)
Pic3: The short cut leading up to step
Pic3: where I would have alighted

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Nairalander Escapes Suspected "One Chance" Robbers/ Ritualists by Apeshy101(m): 8:42am On Oct 09, 2019

Re: A Nairalander Escapes Suspected "One Chance" Robbers/ Ritualists by Lsofdk(m): 9:51am On Oct 09, 2019
Apeshy101:
You can share your experience if you have had such before

See
Lalasticlala
Mynd44

I would appreciate if people learn from this, kindly move this to front page.
If you are going to be hopping on public transports during late hours, you may want to be cautious about staying out too late.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Nairalander Escapes Suspected "One Chance" Robbers/ Ritualists by A305: 11:22am On Oct 09, 2019
Oga make I no lie, I nor understand shigbien but thank goodness, you were saved by your train of thoughts because I didn't read where they actually kidnapped you. However see that Lexus down my sig nature.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander Escapes Suspected "One Chance" Robbers/ Ritualists by Erolow(f): 11:22am On Oct 09, 2019
wow!
Re: A Nairalander Escapes Suspected "One Chance" Robbers/ Ritualists by yeyeboi(m): 11:22am On Oct 09, 2019
Ok
Re: A Nairalander Escapes Suspected "One Chance" Robbers/ Ritualists by Erolow(f): 11:22am On Oct 09, 2019
Lsofdk:

If you are going to be hopping on public transports during late hours, you may want to be cautious about staying out too late.

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Escapes Suspected "One Chance" Robbers/ Ritualists by emmabest2000(m): 11:22am On Oct 09, 2019
We are in mber months
Everyone need to be more careful

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Nairalander Escapes Suspected "One Chance" Robbers/ Ritualists by Fredlongs(m): 11:24am On Oct 09, 2019
Ain't u just lucky... Thank God for u
Re: A Nairalander Escapes Suspected "One Chance" Robbers/ Ritualists by KAHBOOM: 11:25am On Oct 09, 2019
Lols cheesy

Dem wanted to mine ur skull

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Escapes Suspected "One Chance" Robbers/ Ritualists by Criticaltemp: 11:25am On Oct 09, 2019
O swear that place is lonely n scary

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Nairalander Escapes Suspected "One Chance" Robbers/ Ritualists by Nobody: 11:27am On Oct 09, 2019
Good you listened to your spirit.

Thank God for your life.

15 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Scam Bait That Has Gone Too Far (419eater.com) / Customers Reportedly Kill Commercial Sex Worker In Jigawa / Herdsmen Kill 2 Soldiers, Take Captive; Burn Operational Vehicle In Benue/Taraba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.