Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,947 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:48 PM

"How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard (31376 Views)

My HOD Was Sacked For Defending The Rights Of Members Of His Department / Meet Moses Onamade Who Never Went To Secondary School But Was HOD In UNILAG / Driver Survives Disastrous Crash At UNN PG Hostel (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by mercyviv(f): 7:44am On Oct 09, 2019
Tallesty1:
No country has a problem bro, it's usually the people
God bless you a million times sir. I've always said this, we're our own problem. You say your leaders are the problems, how are you any better from them? Is Buhari, Jonathan, obj, and the rest of them from Sudan? Our leaders reflects the typical Nigerian socio-political and economic vices. A typical Nigerian sees his office and position as one to be used for personal exploitation. An ordinary security manning the gate will simply tell one guest that the boss isn't on seat, but will quickly usher in another guest because the latter was "smart" enough to have greased his palms. You see teachers stealing and selling school materials some that were procured to be distributed for free to their pupils. Abeg, its too early to carry Nigeria problem for head.

4 Likes

Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by Yakarii: 7:44am On Oct 09, 2019
[s]
solmusdesigns:

why wont they misbehave... its like signing a free cheque and giving them to do any how with it
[/s]
Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by ultimate77(m): 7:46am On Oct 09, 2019
Grupo:
He should have forged the signature na.

In a country like Nigeria, you have to give rascality for rascality.

Back then in the same UNN, we'd forge and sign the HOD's signature on course registration forms and still submit the same form to him and he wouldn't know.

aaHaha the registerer was not always on seat for more then 2 months to sign my last form that will and me collect my statement of result which I'll use for nysc.. Omo I just look him signature from others, nack the signature and still summited to him an moved on....no time
Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by MicroSweet(m): 7:51am On Oct 09, 2019
It's so pathetic to see Nigerian University Dons act like hungry, needy and poor fellows. They demand money and material things, and even sex from their poor subjects. They act like their students owe them a price for every progress the students have made or wish to make. Why condescend to such despicable and contemptuous lifestyle? Have some pride, folks!

3 Likes

Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by raylandmark: 7:53am On Oct 09, 2019
sammirano:
HOD no respect dean, thats new. Where i come from if dean is coming hod stands. Na wa for this people oo.
If the Dean and the H. O. D dey the same academic rank (Prof) I doubt if he go respect the respect the Dean
Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by lollybizzu(m): 7:53am On Oct 09, 2019
Sterope:
It is his choice to give him a bottle of wine. The HOD was merely asked to do his job. The university and the government are already paying for his service. You are exactly part of the problem. Corruption enabler!.

Thank you grin

Mind you, I'm never in support of the man did and I'll never do such in my life.
I derive joy in helping people.

I tell my mum thank you after every meal.

Learn to show appreciation it does not remove anything from you dear; it will only help you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by lilachiever(m): 7:53am On Oct 09, 2019
sammirano:
HOD no respect dean, thats new. Where i come from if dean is coming hod stands. Na wa for this people oo.

Look at you... There are some lecturers (not HOD/Dean) that can make or mar even the VC
Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by mabea: 7:55am On Oct 09, 2019

1 Like

Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by mabea: 7:56am On Oct 09, 2019
sammirano:
It is possible he has something on the Dean.
Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by jacksol(m): 7:56am On Oct 09, 2019
lollybizzu:

Is it bad to show appreciation?

Mind you appreciation could be "ordinary" thank you.
I'm not in support of what the useless man did but at the same time, remember he signed the first one without demanding anything.

Even God demands our appreciation in form of thanks giving when he does something for us.

Still my opinion. And remember, we learn everyday.

Many of you get it wrong often.
It's the HOD's job to sign those transcripts. It's corruption to expect or demand a reward for doing your job.
Like someone has said above, it should be a thing of pride and a sense of accomplishment for him that the students he teaches are winning external awards.
It's highly immoral for him to accept even a bottle of wine from an indigent student. How far can N200k go for a student in one year these days?
I went thru school when Fed. govt scholarship was N520, but I lived on it and even bought a Honda bike in the 2nd year.
And I can't recall tipping anyone to get it.
Everything is going downhill these days.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by Grupo(m): 7:57am On Oct 09, 2019
ultimate77:

aaHaha the registerer was not always on seat for more then 2 months to sign my last form that will and me collect my statement of result which I'll use for nysc.. Omo I just look him signature from others, nack the signature and still summited to him an moved on....no time

Hahaha. Naija matter tire person sha.

But I no fit do that kind thing again o. As per say man don grow now.
Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by lilachiever(m): 7:58am On Oct 09, 2019
I for one had a similar experience in the SPV scholarship application that just closed.

The requirements stated that I get my current result stamped and signed by my HOD then upload, but Mr Guy refused to sign saying he needs to see the application form.

How am I to get hardcopy of application of a scholarship that's online?

Baba refused o and didn't sign till scholarship application ended.

That thing dey pain die. We move on
Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by kunlef1: 7:58am On Oct 09, 2019
kaorama:
I finished from UNN. Results are not provided at department level. It is the responsibility of exams & records department.

I don't think he was necessarily referring to results. He said needed the HOD's signature. I think MTN need to review its procedures. An original copy of the results from Exams & Records should suffice. I can't remember having any business with my HOD when I was on such scholarship (not MTN) several years ago.
Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by LadySarah: 8:00am On Oct 09, 2019
sinkhole:
Why not give the HOD's name or at least the particular department and the year of event?

He will supply the name to MTN.

Life!Alot of the think that life ends there in their offices.
If not that my school put laws in place that monitored such excesses and that in actually met very good ones.I would have stereotyped that.
mtcheww
Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by Calito1(m): 8:03am On Oct 09, 2019
Corrupt lecturers in Laspotech Insurance department. Kayode Ogunlami, Henry Olufawo and Mr Oloyede, these men are demons sleeping with female students & should be monitored by the school mgr, or dismissed.

4 Likes

Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by tiwiex(m): 8:05am On Oct 09, 2019
ayokellany:
If you ain't bold enough to name the lecturer or the Dean then shut the fucq up.

Don't worry. His name will soon appear. He mentioned MTN which puts some credibility to his story. You don't seem to be interested in the credibility of the story. You just looking for who to shame for entertainment. He is just interested in sharing his story and hopefully MTN will do the needful.

6 Likes

Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by OlujobaSamuel: 8:06am On Oct 09, 2019
sammirano:
Lol, you know sey na internal political post, so some Dean are appointed by the HOD.
Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by WarriIntellect(m): 8:10am On Oct 09, 2019
Grupo:
He should have forged the signature na.

In a country like Nigeria, you have to give rascality for rascality.

Back then in the same UNN, we'd forge and sign the HOD's signature on course registration forms and still submit the same form to him and he wouldn't know.

Mad ohhhh

1 Like

Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by ultimate77(m): 8:11am On Oct 09, 2019
Grupo:

Hahaha. Naija matter tire person sha.

But I no fit do that kind thing again o. As per say man don grow now.

Na so na.. You know how annoying it is when you are done with final year and for flimsy reasons you are held back at school.. 2010.. So much growth sha... Na my kukuma day sign now. I know how far. Nigerians are just so so what I don't understand.

My kid bro won a scholarship for 200k every session.. The brewing company staff which it must pass through kept collecting 130k and left the guy with 70k which they even pay late.. Till he graduated he just got for 2 sessions.

1 Like

Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by pafisayo(m): 8:20am On Oct 09, 2019
adanny01:

Bro, not part o.

Nigerians are the whole of Nigeria's problems.

Nigeria is what Nigerians make it. There is nothing wrong with this country or any country for that matter, it is the people that make or break the country.

Corruption - Nigerians
Violence - Nigerians
Internet fraud - Nigerians
We don't even think in National unity or progress, everyone thinks for his own stomach. Without putting out heads together this country is bound to fail now or in future.

Please loud it!
Pretty much most public Servants working at all FG parastatals ministries etc are corrupt ‘
From Esta-code allowance promotion auctions government properties being acquired illegally bribe and all .
Almost every Nigerian is a victim ‘ some people on this forum with their fancy English always Shouting “ Corrouption Clueless lifeless propaganda etc probably had all the comforts giving to them in life by their Civil servant parents who are part of these corroupt system .
I once told my friend he probably never did eat one single honest grain of Rice all through his school year cos his Dad happens to be a custom office and yea He brings home a lot of bags weekends when e comes home .
Local Governments workers nkor ? They only go on Mondays by Wednesdays they would leave their well polished shoes with sock just behind their Desk . To sign one piece of paper you have to part with 500naira .
Traders too’ they will start selling a bag of Rice they bought in total for 10k meant to be sold at 12k for 19 just a day after the border was closed! All just in anticipation that they will buy their next Goods at a higher price but still calculate profit based on the higher prices they will end up paying ... las las na Nigerians they suffer am.
Police are practically Armed robbers
Soldiers are official bullies
Agbero be tasking law abiding citizens to line up there pockets them go call am NURTW. ( money that can go a long way to clear Drainage of the particular area where these tickets are being sold to bike keke taxis’ fix potholes fix street lights etc .
Some of your Favourite Elders and Deacons in church’ 2 out of their 3 sons are doing Yahoo!
The Duplex that Deacon and Deaconess just finished na yahoo money be the Pillar .
They will still mount pulpit on Sunday .
Alfa will finish wasssss and still prepare concoctions for yahoo boy to aid scam or for Runs girl to control someone’s father .
Nigerians are Nigeria’s problem .
Politicians’ if anyone One of them makes Heaven!!! It is well

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by ShootThemAll(m): 8:21am On Oct 09, 2019
overdrive:
Hod's name please
Dr. Boniface Anyaka. He did the same thing to me.
Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by damilola4162(m): 8:21am On Oct 09, 2019
Take Herat bro I also got scholarship in Europe, Cyprus, I suppose to start school this October but due to fund($2600 USD) I could not go....
Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by Ezeudo7: 8:22am On Oct 09, 2019
From experience this Lecturers cant stand boys becos we usually dont have money to give and we dont have any other thing to offer. Dr. Olowe of Bus. Admin Faculty held on to my id and I could nt enter a hall to write exam that year at unilag 2nd gate..Quite a distance and I had to trekked the distance more than 4 times to explain to him that without the ID they wont allow me to enter the exam hall at DLI. I gave up when I found out he knew what he was doing.
Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by OSUigboFlatHead(f): 8:22am On Oct 09, 2019
mrvitalis:

I'm a graduate of UNN and its one of the best experience of my life ...no where is perfect but better than any south western school that are full of tribalism
Keep fooling yourself
Check UNN workforce staff for igbos and other tribes and compare it with unilag and judge yourself. A school that not install a non tribal person as HOD let alone Dean or vc.

Just keep fooling yourself.
Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by sugarboy212(m): 8:22am On Oct 09, 2019
The Hod fit don be former Dean or probably he even taught the present dean then, but that did not justify his wicked act.

Fairfield Apartments, Abijo, Ajah, Lagos is selling fast- premium location, notable landmark features such as Novare Lekki Mall, Lagos Business School and so on. Wonderful Lakeside Living. 2 bedroom apartments sells for 10.5 million , 3 bedroom apartments sells for 12 million , 3 bedroom penthouse sells for 15 million, all available for sale. Buy one and win an all expense paid trip to Dubai, buy 6 apartments and get a free 2 bedroom apartments. Mortgage plans for 5 and 10 years available. Call me now/ whatsapp for more details +2348023536207/+2347055533718.

sammirano:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by Nobody: 8:22am On Oct 09, 2019
The worst part of it is the pathetic self unaware greed. They say this is the difference with Nigerian corruption.

It has no shame, no filter, no decorum. You can be sure the hod Dey curse Buhari every day

An old man has no problem shaking down a poor kid young enough to be his son for a cut of a measly 200k. So the man would have actually taken 20k from the boy?

1 Like

Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by ShootThemAll(m): 8:23am On Oct 09, 2019
sinkhole:
Why not give the HOD's name or at least the particular department and the year of event?
Dr. Boniface Anyaka, Electrical Engineering. He did the same thing to me.
Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by martowskin1(m): 8:26am On Oct 09, 2019
lollybizzu:

Showing appreciation is not because you've been oppressed. It is not bribery. It is an act, a habit, a personal culture that cannot be overemphasized.

Guy you better cultivate that habit. It will help you especially if we are in the same part of the world.

Peace.

My brother u no lie sha, this part of the world is on its own

1 Like

Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by mrvitalis(m): 8:27am On Oct 09, 2019
OSUigboFlatHead:

Keep fooling yourself
Check UNN workforce staff for igbos and other tribes and compare it with unilag and judge yourself. A school that not install a non tribal person as HOD let alone Dean or vc.

Just keep fooling yourself.
In unn its easier for a Yoruba man to get admission to Igbo man because its a national university

Igbo's even claim north just to get admission ...how many Yoruba's leave the south west ...we go use post come beg Una ?

1 Like

Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by babyfaceafrica: 8:30am On Oct 09, 2019
badoh:
The HOD's act is total vindictive and highly condemnable. However, I admonish the OP to also learn the act of giving. That's Nigerian people mentality. There's nothing bad if you buy just a bag of rice for the HOD. He will be so happy including his wife. I'm not encouraging this but its just one of the things you will have to contend with in life.
He should buy a bag of rice for HOD?...because?

1 Like

Re: "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard by ShootThemAll(m): 8:33am On Oct 09, 2019
kaorama:
I finished from UNN. Results are not provided at department level. It is the responsibility of exams & records department.
Stop saying what you don't know. Results are marked, signed and submitted to Exam Officer( a lecturer) in each department, the Exam officer signs and submit it to HOD for vetting and signing, after that its moved to Exams and Records. If HOD doesn't sign, Exams and Records won't attend to your results.

Same thing happened to me in same department, Electrical Engineering. I lost my scholarship because of same Lecturer even when my CGPA was above 4.0.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Largest Universities In Nigeria? / My Younger Sister Is Too Dull. / Photo Of An Old University Of Ibadan Meal Voucher

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.