Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:17 AM

‘You Have To Provide Your Identity Cards’ - Army To Nigerians - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘You Have To Provide Your Identity Cards’ - Army To Nigerians (45714 Views)

Your Identity Is Still Unknown - Okowa Tells Tinubu / All Herdsmen In Ebonyi To Carry Identity Cards - Government / Group Supports 'Operation Show Your Identity', Faults Falana (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘You Have To Provide Your Identity Cards’ - Army To Nigerians by Onitola2: 1:48pm On Oct 09, 2019
FarahAideed:

Dont the Nigerian Police already ask for a form of identity when they stop you?

Please name the advanced country where their Army stops people on the road to ask them for IDs ?
its same thing na, same I d you'll show police. I believe those places with more security challenges are to comply more.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘You Have To Provide Your Identity Cards’ - Army To Nigerians by PDJT: 1:57pm On Oct 09, 2019
Oluwasaeon:
What about those with just the temporary national ID card ? How do they expect the thing to fit in a pocket or wallet ?

-Lol. Laminate and wear am for your neck. Nigerians una trouble just entered Next Level, I was told. grin

-I remember back in the dark days when if you can’t identify yourself, soldier boy go brutalise you and take your girlfriend with him. You know the rest.

-Democratic Republic of Biafra can’t come any quicker.
Re: ‘You Have To Provide Your Identity Cards’ - Army To Nigerians by Eteka1(m): 2:02pm On Oct 09, 2019
FarahAideed:

The Nigerian constitution very explicit as regards the role of the Nigerian armed forces and provisos guiding their deployment and I can tell you for free the Constitution doesn't avail the Nigerian military and civil policing role except where the Constitution is suspended and martial law enacted by way of declaration of of emergency approved by both Legislative houses ... You are not a very smart person And that's your reason for supporting such a failed govt I guess .. tell me on thing the Buhari govt has got right that is making you support them ? Just one thing !!!!
I can see how smart you are, not being able to quote relevant sections of the constitution to prove your baseless allegations.

Tell me, did you not ever see the army checkpoints and patrols carrying out stop and search during the time of Obasanjo and Goodluck Jonathan?

The Buhari government has ended fuel scarcity, is successfully constructing railways, promoting the agricultural sector, carrying out massive social investment programs like Npower etc.

There are many more reasons why I do support the present government. I do not however attack those who do not.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘You Have To Provide Your Identity Cards’ - Army To Nigerians by Jahzmin007: 2:05pm On Oct 09, 2019
The COAS said the operation is meant to curtail the movement of bandits, kidnappers, armed robbers, ethnic militia and other criminals.

Let's see...

1 Like

Re: ‘You Have To Provide Your Identity Cards’ - Army To Nigerians by awetaiye2015: 2:06pm On Oct 09, 2019
engrfaruq:
Good one, but let NIMC expedite the release of the cards.

My brother, is it NIMC that will tell u to bring 2,500 to register u? They will tell u that government did not provide them petrol, laminating paper and machine. After that, it will take another 5 years to get the original?
So do we now pay to get ID card for ourself and yet expect us to carry it all about? Recently my wallet was stolen and all my Working ID and voter's card were inside. A country that is not safe, that ur ID can be stolen and used for robbery?
This government is the most clueless I've even seen and will ever see.
Re: ‘You Have To Provide Your Identity Cards’ - Army To Nigerians by PDJT: 2:11pm On Oct 09, 2019
Onitola2:
in all advanced countries, u must always be with ur identity, it's a normal thing. How can you prove innocence u can't I. D urself

-Nigeria has failed you and many more on here. Is it up to citizens of a country to prove their innocence or for the law enforcers to prove a citizen guilty of breaking the law?
-Meanwhile, there is no country in the world where citizens must carry their ID’s. Even immigrants are not mandated to carry their IDs about. You sit in your shithole and be mentioning advance countries up and down.
Re: ‘You Have To Provide Your Identity Cards’ - Army To Nigerians by Nobody: 2:19pm On Oct 09, 2019
Nnamdi Kanu come and see
Re: ‘You Have To Provide Your Identity Cards’ - Army To Nigerians by StaffofOrayan(m): 2:26pm On Oct 09, 2019
You have to understand that a lot of Nigerians have never been free,
University students still get punished,
Employees get beaten by employers
Police slaps citizens at the slightest provocation.

In civilized countries, only immigration is allowed to question you about your immigration status AS LONG AS A LAW HAS BEEN BROKEN.

If you understand this country and it's citizens, you can only weep

gypsey:
Gbam!! even immigrants are not required to carry ID, only if nercerssary, and in some countries. Because if it turns out I am not an immigrant if i am stopped, i will not take it kindly.
Re: ‘You Have To Provide Your Identity Cards’ - Army To Nigerians by ogbuefi677(m): 2:35pm On Oct 09, 2019
Essential:
Good it is time to eliminate all biafra citizens in Nigeria. 90 percent of killings and crime in Nigeria and South Africa is committed by them.
As old as you are?
SMH
Re: ‘You Have To Provide Your Identity Cards’ - Army To Nigerians by litaninja(m): 2:38pm On Oct 09, 2019
Lol. A couple of hundred thousands want to profile 200 million? Continue.
Meanwhile, no need to go round the country looking those who are security threats....they're right there sacking you from your bases.
leemao
Re: ‘You Have To Provide Your Identity Cards’ - Army To Nigerians by kushme: 2:52pm On Oct 09, 2019
Racoon:
shocked Profiling all Nigerians? What you need is intel on how criminals/terrorists operate which the govt & security agencies fully know but choose to act otherwise.

Infilterate these criminal elements intelligently otherwise they will also get the IDs yet go unnoticed.They're more smarter than you guys.

This move is an obvious sign of cluelessness about the insecurity challenge these dumbasses have no iota of solution.

Meanwhile, this is a state governor fraternizing with armed fulani terrorists in a forest in Kastina in the name of peace.What the shame of a nation.

I aint supporting no political party but this comment is smart.
Re: ‘You Have To Provide Your Identity Cards’ - Army To Nigerians by golddeejay(m): 3:07pm On Oct 09, 2019
ID Cards of which company or Country exactly. Naija is a joke.
Re: ‘You Have To Provide Your Identity Cards’ - Army To Nigerians by seunjungle1(m): 3:15pm On Oct 09, 2019
I have known for long that this Buratai as kinkin sense but now proofing to me that he has no sense at all.
How long will it take those ba5tard niggas to produce fake card?
Re: ‘You Have To Provide Your Identity Cards’ - Army To Nigerians by orisa37: 3:44pm On Oct 09, 2019
Another Subterfuge.. It's the duty of Internal Security and not of the Army. So the COAS should stop issuing irrelevant Orders in this our Democracy
Re: ‘You Have To Provide Your Identity Cards’ - Army To Nigerians by adaifx: 3:57pm On Oct 09, 2019
post=82974070:
In every sane countries, every citizen over the age of 18 must have atleast a form of identity.

It prevent loads and loads of issues.

The problem in this part of the world is how to make it easy for the citizens to get.

On the same breath, Nigerians will always wait till the dying minute to start registering for their ID's in cases like this.
We've seen that many times prior now.

We go all dey alright las las in this country!
You and your cohorts who brought in people who don’t understand how to run a country are always fast apportioning blames to the citizens. Some persons have done their NIMC since 3 years ago and still yet to get the ID. Is it how it is done in the sane countries you are pointing at, also let me also state here that if you want to compare sane country ways and that of Nigeria don’t be selective,compare wholly cause sane countries don’t bring their military personnel to check civilians identity why then do we have the police.
Re: ‘You Have To Provide Your Identity Cards’ - Army To Nigerians by ada9ja(f): 4:26pm On Oct 09, 2019
FarahAideed:

Believe me if you meet me in person you will marry me because na enjoyment and better love I go take kill you ..My type no reach 20 for Nigeria .

Rich kid
Re: ‘You Have To Provide Your Identity Cards’ - Army To Nigerians by undigeh: 4:36pm On Oct 09, 2019
akelicious:

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/thenationonlineng.net/army-to-demand-identity-cards-from-nigerians/amp/

Have the NA forgotten that they had once reported that most Boko Haram were found in possession of National ID cards, while many law abiding Nigerians have no National ID card. Not that they have not registered, they have done it for many years ago but ID is yet to be issued to them.
I'm one of such. I registered from the very first time ID card registration started. After some years, some people started getting theirs, mine was not given. After another years of waiting, I went to the state capital to complain, there I was told mine was not printed. I asked if it could be printed for me while I was waiting. I was told that design was phase out so I should wait for whenever the printing of new design will commence.
I eventually registered for the new one in October 2014 and a large receipt was given to me to use in collection of portable ID card. Five years is gone, am still left with that unportable document showing that I am awaiting collection of National ID card I have registered some years back. It is that ID card am waiting for, that NA are asking me to carry about for identification.
It didn't take Boko Haram that long to get theirs.
Today, NA are killing Boko Haram in scores, the next few days Boko Haram killing Nigerian soldiers and many missing during Boko Haram ambush. No one is leading in the battle no one is lacking behind in the war. A game of equalizer all the time.

I will never give up my hope in God, my prayers is that even if victory is not in sight, God should shield and protect our soldiers in the battle front.
Re: ‘You Have To Provide Your Identity Cards’ - Army To Nigerians by GhostWisperer: 5:25pm On Oct 09, 2019
No army man has the right to ask me for my identity card.

Buhari has lost it.
Re: ‘You Have To Provide Your Identity Cards’ - Army To Nigerians by franklyfrank: 5:41pm On Oct 09, 2019
The police men that were killed in taraba identified themselves with police identity cards, yet they were killed.
Re: ‘You Have To Provide Your Identity Cards’ - Army To Nigerians by ivandragon: 5:47pm On Oct 09, 2019
Commentor:

In Arizona, should the police suspect criminal activity (his suspicion cannot easily be determined) you are obligated to provide ID upon request.

That's not exactly correct if I may say.

In fact, Arizona was one of the states that kicked against a certain law passed by the Federal Government requiring possession of ID cards to access certain federal installations.

The US does not even have a centralised ID card system, so saying it is compulsory to have one is not true as there is no obligation to carry one except you do a duty/acrivity that so requires it (like driving, you must have a driver's licence)...

However, when there is reasonable suspicion that a crime has been committed or a subsisting security situation, a person may be asked to 'properly' identify themselves.

I stand to be corrected though...

For the case of Nigeria, it is advisable to have an identity card, but even criminals have ID cards so saying Nigerians must show it does not exactly resolve whatever security challenges the FG is trying to address.

Besides, it should be the police & civil defence doing this.
Re: ‘You Have To Provide Your Identity Cards’ - Army To Nigerians by CioAngels(f): 7:21pm On Oct 09, 2019
akelicious:

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/thenationonlineng.net/army-to-demand-identity-cards-from-nigerians/amp/
Oga, do Nigerians have Identity cards or is the A3 paper we are given is what you are calling identity? That blanket is not even accepted in Passport office. Does it have number self?
Re: ‘You Have To Provide Your Identity Cards’ - Army To Nigerians by CioAngels(f): 7:28pm On Oct 09, 2019
Racoon:
shocked Profiling all Nigerians? What you need is intel on how criminals/terrorists operate which the govt & security agencies fully know but choose to act otherwise.

Infilterate these criminal elements intelligently otherwise they will also get the IDs yet go unnoticed.They're more smarter than you guys.

This move is an obvious sign of cluelessness about the insecurity challenge these dumbasses have no iota of solution.

Meanwhile, this is a state governor fraternizing with armed fulani terrorists in a forest in Kastina in the name of peace.What the shame of a nation.
They are stylishly telling the criminals to obtain their own ID cards, after all, Nigeria is been made the foreigners terrorist country.
Re: ‘You Have To Provide Your Identity Cards’ - Army To Nigerians by CioAngels(f): 7:36pm On Oct 09, 2019
No sane ID card since 2014, i am still carrying blanket as identity card which is Nigerian official ID. What a Shane.
Re: ‘You Have To Provide Your Identity Cards’ - Army To Nigerians by ddjay: 7:48pm On Oct 09, 2019
HONESTLY I WONDER WHICH SCHOOL AND TRAINING THIS PEOPLE IN UNIFORM CALLED NIGERIA ARMED FORCES HAVE, EVEN TOGO OR BENIN CANNOT BE THIS MYOPIC AND TOTALLY NAIVE... WHAT A GREAT HIGHT OF GROSS INCOMPETENCE, THIS MAN THINKS BANDITS DONT HAVE ID CARDS OR WHAT
Re: ‘You Have To Provide Your Identity Cards’ - Army To Nigerians by Nobody: 9:29pm On Oct 09, 2019
The statement by the military spokesperson is laughable if not downright despotic in all its ramifications. Make no mistake about it, Nigeria is by no means a democracy but a dictatorship in disguise. Since when has the military become a tool to use to control the citizens in a supposedly civil and democratic society? This is what was seen in Nazi Germany and other countries ruled by dictators. The sad part about the whole thing is that the two other co-equal branches of government...Judiciary and Legislature are absent and very silent. The legislative branch has totally abdicated its role as a check on an errant president while the judiciary is awash with corruption and dare not perform its constitutional role as an independent arbiter. This single act by this despotic regime should be seen as a wake up call to all citizens including those who have always supported any and all the illegalities that have been committed by this government. The great Maya Angelou said, "When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time." Buhari had shown Nigerians in the past that he is nothing but an ethnic hustling, gworo chewing, not fit to lead, pea brained, despicable, illiterate tyrant who was foisted on the good people of Nigeria. Nigerians should be on guard because the little right that they have as far as freedom is concerned is about to be taken away.
Re: ‘You Have To Provide Your Identity Cards’ - Army To Nigerians by DedeNkem: 10:24pm On Oct 09, 2019
Are we back in a military regime? What the hell is going on in this useless country? Is the army now replacing the police?

This bruntata id*iot is focused on harassing and killing innocent citizens, instead of fighting Boko Haram and Fulani terrorists!
Re: ‘You Have To Provide Your Identity Cards’ - Army To Nigerians by Southsoul: 11:19pm On Oct 09, 2019
akelicious:

How many of you observe that anytime we Refuse Ruga-like agenda...we get it more worse...
Kai,abeg let's beg bubu for any known & unknown offences to him from Nigerians,even for refusing him in the 3 general elections previousluly before accepting him in the last election of 2015....who knows maybe he still mad with Nigerians for rejecting him thrice....now you are rejecting his Ruga,ruga.
Carry means of identification for military,habah?
Our freedom is gradually becoming a mirage that can lead to carnage.
May God punish all the people that vote for Apshit

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Obasanjo Endorses Buhari / Fashola Calls For A Change In House Rent Collection System In Nigeria / Buhari Storms Ogun For ‘operation 40-40’ -

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.