Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,072 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:24 PM

Importance Of The Sunnah - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Importance Of The Sunnah (4173 Views)

Imam Ash-shafi'ee: The Grand Jurist For The Sunnah / How To Sleep According To The Sunnah / How We Are To Have Sex With Our Wives In Accordance To Sunnah- Friday Lecture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Importance Of The Sunnah by AbuTwins: 9:51am On Oct 09, 2019
Read the Definition of Sunnah

Proof of the importance of the Sunnah

(1) The Qur’aan speaks of the importance of the Sunnah, for example:

(a) Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “He who obeys the Messenger has indeed obeyed Allaah . . .” [al-Nisaa’ 4:80] Allaah described obedience to the Prophet (peace be upon him) as being a part of obedience to Him. Then He made a connection between obedience to Him and obedience to the Prophet (peace be upon him): “O you who believe! Obey Allaah and obey the Messenger . . .” [al-Nisaa’ 4:59]

(b) Allaah warns us not to go against the Prophet (peace be upon him), and states that whoever disobeys him will be doomed to eternal Hell. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “. . . And let those who oppose the Messenger’s commandment beware, lest some fitnah (trial, affliction, etc.) befall them or a painful torment be inflicted on them.” [al-Nur 24:63]

(c) Allaah has made obedience to His Prophet a religious duty; resisting or opposing it is a sign of hypocrisy: “”But no, by your Lord, they can have no Faith, until they make you [Muhammad] judge in all disputes between them, and find in themselves no resistance against your decisions, and accept (them) with full submission.” [al-Nisaa’ 4:65]

(d) Allaah commands His slaves to respond to Him and His Messenger: “O you who believe! Answer Allaah (by obeying Him) and (His) Messenger when he calls you to that which will give you life . . .” [al-Anfaal 8:24]

(e) Allaah also commands His slaves to refer all disputes to him: “. . . (And) if you differ in anything amongst yourselves, refer it to Allaah and His Messenger . . .” [al-Nisaa’ 4:59]

(2) The Sunnah itself indicates the importance of the Sunnah. For example:

(a) Al-Tirmidhi reported from Abu Raafi’ and others that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “I do not want to see any one of you reclining on his couch and, when he hears of my instructions or prohibitions, saying ‘I don’t accept it; we didn’t find any such thing in the Book of Allaah.’” Abu ‘Eesaa said: This is a saheeh hasan hadeeth. (See Sunan al-Tirmidhi, Shaakir edition, no. 2663).

Al-’Irbaad ibn Saariyah, may Allaah be pleased with him, reported that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “Would any of you think, reclining on his couch, that Allaah would only describe what is forbidden in the Qur’aan? I tell you, by Allaah, that I have warned and commanded and prohibited things that are as important as what is in the Qur’aan, if not more so.” (Reported by Abu Dawud, Kitaab al-Khiraj wa’l-imaarah wa’l-fay’).

(b) Abu Dawud also reported from al-’Irbaad ibn Saariyah, may Allaah be pleased with him, that “the Messenger of Allaah (peace be upon him) led us in prayer one day, then he turned to us and exhorted us strongly . . . (he said), ‘Pay attention to my sunnah (way) and the way of the Rightly-guided Khaleefahs after me, adhere to it and hold fast to it.’” (Saheeh Abi Dawud, Kitaab al-Sunnah).

(3) The scholars’ consensus (ijmaa’) affirming the importance of the Sunnah.

Al-Shaafi’i, may Allaah have mercy on him, said: “I do not know of anyone among the Sahaabah and Taabi’een who narrated a report from the Messenger of Allaah (peace be upon him) without accepting it, adhering to it and affirming that this was sunnah. Those who came after the Taabi’een, and those whom we met did likewise: they all accepted the reports and took them to be sunnah, praising those who followed them and criticizing those who went against them. Whoever deviated from this path would be regarded by us as having deviated from the way of the Companions of the Prophet (peace be upon him) and the scholars who followed them, and would be considered as one of the ignorant.

(4) Common sense indicates the importance of the Sunnah.

The fact that the Prophet (peace be upon him) is the Messenger of Allaah indicates that we must believe everything he said and obey every command he gave. It goes without saying that he has told us things and given instructions in addition to what is in the Qur’aan. It is futile to make a distinction between the Sunnah and the Qur’aan when it comes to adhering to it and responding to it. It is obligatory to believe in what he has told us, and to obey his instructions.

The ruling concerning those who deny the importance of the Sunnah is that they are kaafirs, because they deny and reject a well-known and undeniable part of the religion.

Source

4 Likes

Re: Importance Of The Sunnah by true2god: 8:24am On Oct 10, 2019
Sunnah should not be a replacement for people's culture and commonsense. Life should never be made robotic by following the exact thought, words and behavioral pattern of a certain 7th century Arabian desert man.

8 Likes

Re: Importance Of The Sunnah by Rashduct4luv(m): 9:45am On Oct 10, 2019
true2god:
Sunnah should not be a replacement for people's culture and commonsense. Life should never be made robotic by following the exact thought, words and behavioral pattern of a certain 7th century Arabian desert man.

To you be your religion (of Trinitarianism/Paulinism) and to us is our religion (of Islamic Monotheism). It's not every time you should invade Muslims thread and chuck your mouth trying to decide how they should observe their religion. This is unwise, arrogant and foolish.

Follow your Jesus and Let us follow our Muhammad in peace.

Even your book you no go follow.

Proverbs 26:17 Interfering in someone else’s argument is as foolish as yanking a dog’s ears.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Importance Of The Sunnah by AbuTwins: 9:56am On Oct 10, 2019
true2god:

Is it not hypocrisy when you follow Jesus, Paul, Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Timothy, etc who probably were around almost 2000 years ago and you criticism us for following someone who came 1440 years ago?

Islam is Sunnah. Any culture against Islam is rejected by us.

How many of your cultural traditions do you still retain? Do you still visit fortune tellers, Charms/amulet peddlers, believe in superstitions, etc.
It's our life not yours.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Importance Of The Sunnah by true2god: 8:23am On Oct 11, 2019
AbuTwins:

Is it not hypocrisy when you follow Jesus, Paul, Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Timothy, etc who probably were around almost 2000 years ago and you criticism us for following someone who came 1440 years ago?

Islam is Sunnah. Any culture against Islam is rejected by us.

How many of your cultural traditions do you still retain? Do you still visit fortune tellers, Charms/amulet peddlers, believe in superstitions, etc.
It's our life not yours.
I follow my mum (PBUH) who groomed and taught me morals. Except Jesus, my mum is more important to me than Paul, Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Timothy, etc. I follow the sunnah of my late mum (PBUH) and my life is very fulfilled as a result.

1 Like

Re: Importance Of The Sunnah by Rashduct4luv(m): 11:08am On Oct 12, 2019
true2god:
I follow my mum (PBUH) who groomed and taught me morals. Except Jesus, my mum is more important to me than Paul, Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Timothy, etc. I follow the sunnah of my late mum (PBUH) and my life is very fulfilled as a result.

So you dress like her too? And since you use PBUH for your mum, that means she is dead too right?

So much of being too quick to type trash.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Importance Of The Sunnah by true2god: 12:02pm On Oct 12, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

So you dress like her too? And since you use PBUH for your mum, that means she is dead too right?

So much of being too quick to type trash.
My mum (PBUH) is late and what's wrong if I use PBUH for my mum? Can you show me where it is written in the Quran that PBUH must only be used for Mohammed?

You asked if I dress like her, that is a silly question. How do you want me to dress like my mum, being a man? I am not a 'Bobrisky' bro, I only follow the good deeds of my mum (her sunnah) and thank God I learnt from her (PBUH).

3 Likes

Re: Importance Of The Sunnah by Demmzy15(m): 2:09pm On Oct 12, 2019
true2god:
My mum (PBUH) is late and what's wrong if I use PBUH for my mum? Can you show me where it is written in the Quran that PBUH must only be used for Mohammed?

You asked if I dress like her, that is a silly question. How do you want me to dress like my mum, being a man? I am not a 'Bobrisky' bro, I only follow the good deeds of my mum (her sunnah) and thank God I learnt from her (PBUH).
Honestly, it's paining me you don't have sense embarassed cry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Importance Of The Sunnah by Rashduct4luv(m): 4:53pm On Oct 14, 2019
true2god:

We dress like Muhammad. We obey him. We pray as he prayed. All our acts of worship are as he does. Why is this?

Allah says:
“Indeed in the Messenger of Allah you have an excellent example to follow for him who hopes in Allah and the Last Day and remembers Allah much.” (Al-Quran 33:21)

Now tell us scriptural why you follow the Sunnah of your mum?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Importance Of The Sunnah by true2god: 6:09pm On Oct 14, 2019
Rashduct4luv:
Sahih true2god VOL 1, BOOK1, HADITH 101: Narrated Joy Oluwaseun Akintunde,

Our mum (PBUH) used wake up early in the morning to gather the family for early morning prayer. She will always read from the book of Psalms and after the reading she will call upon our eldest brother, Oluwasegun Akintunde, who will lead the prayer and worship section.

This is the scriptural way I follow the sunnah of my mum (PBUH).

3 Likes

Re: Importance Of The Sunnah by true2god: 6:15pm On Oct 14, 2019
Demmzy15:
Honestly, it's paining me you don't have sense embarassed cry
Calm down bro. Everyday 'nobe' fight.

2 Likes

Re: Importance Of The Sunnah by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:23am On Oct 15, 2019
true2god:
Sahih true2god VOL 1, BOOK1, HADITH 101: Narrated Joy Oluwaseun Akintunde,

Our mum (PBUH) used wake up early in the morning to gather the family for early morning prayer. She will always read from the book of Psalms and after the reading she will call upon our eldest brother, Oluwasegun Akintunde, who will lead the prayer and worship section.

This is the scriptural way I follow the sunnah of my mum (PBUH).

You are simply a clown. We don't toy with our religion this way.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Importance Of The Sunnah by AbuTwins: 7:56am On Oct 18, 2019
shocked
Re: Importance Of The Sunnah by true2god: 9:35am On Oct 18, 2019
Rashduct4luv:
You are simply a clown. We don't toy with our religion this way.
You can call this a weak hadith (to me it is a strong hadith), the same way sahih Bukhari has weak and fabricated hadith as well.

4 Likes

Re: Importance Of The Sunnah by Nairamaker246: 10:33am On Oct 18, 2019
Yes, very important cos innovation needs to be totally destroyed. We all need to return to the Stone Age.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Importance Of The Sunnah by Rashduct4luv(m): 10:39am On Oct 18, 2019
true2god:
You can call this a weak hadith (to me it is a strong hadith), the same way sahih Bukhari has weak and fabricated hadith as well.

Can you quote a fabricated hadith from Sahih Bukhari?

If you can't find any then may God punish you for the lies on the Imam. You just keep behaving like a dingbat!
Re: Importance Of The Sunnah by fortran12: 11:15am On Oct 18, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

We dress like Muhammad. We obey him. We pray as he prayed. All our acts of worship are as he does. Why is this?

Allah says:
“Indeed in the Messenger of Allah you have an excellent example to follow for him who hopes in Allah and the Last Day and remembers Allah much.” (Al-Quran 33:21)

You dress like Mohammed, do u also put on makeup like him too?
Re: Importance Of The Sunnah by Newnas(m): 11:52am On Oct 18, 2019
true2god:

Stop deceiving yourself Mister.

Even encyclopedia confirms that Jesus was only known during his lifetime as a teacher, nothing more.

But your Saul came and said that one holy evil spirit whispered some things to him. It ordered him to change his name to Paul, tell people that he saw Jesus resurrect and fabricate the doctrine of paraclete (Trinity).

Then he started documenting all the things that the spirit whispered to him. Those whisperings are what you call the Bible today.

So your religion is better refered to as paulism or paulinity or something similar, not Christianity. And that's why Paul was ranked higher than Jesus among the top influencers of humanity - after Muhammad (Peace be upon him).

All those your flimsy doubts are for gullible folks like you. Don't say it when erudite folks are around.

1 Like

Re: Importance Of The Sunnah by DennisEche(m): 12:02pm On Oct 18, 2019
true2god:
YOUR INTELLIGENCE IS TOO MUCH FOR THEM
Re: Importance Of The Sunnah by true2god: 12:12pm On Oct 18, 2019
Rashduct4luv:
Can you quote a fabricated hadith from Sahih Bukhari? If you can't find any then may God punish you for the lies on the Imam. You just keep behaving like a dingbat!
Re: Importance Of The Sunnah by Newnas(m): 12:22pm On Oct 18, 2019
Nairamaker246:
Yes, very important cos innovation needs to be totally destroyed. We all need to return to the Stone Age.

The Innovation that Islam condemns is innovation in religious matters. That's because Islam is complete and perfect. Innovation is only needed for improvement.

As for worldly matters there's nothing wrong with innovation in it. Rather, the Qur'an implicitly encourages us to innovate in our worldly affairs.

2 Likes

Re: Importance Of The Sunnah by Newnas(m): 12:22pm On Oct 18, 2019
true2god:

Answer simple question.
Re: Importance Of The Sunnah by Newnas(m): 12:26pm On Oct 18, 2019
true2god:

@emboldened. Every intelligent person knows that your case is dismissed.

1 Like

Re: Importance Of The Sunnah by Rashduct4luv(m): 12:26pm On Oct 18, 2019
true2god:

You have an extreme affinity for falsehood and foolish jokes.
Re: Importance Of The Sunnah by true2god: 12:46pm On Oct 18, 2019
DennisEche:

YOUR INTELLIGENCE IS TOO MUCH FOR THEM
Thanks bro, we will keep educating our Muslim brothers.
Re: Importance Of The Sunnah by true2god: 1:21pm On Oct 18, 2019
Rashduct4luv:
Can you quote a fabricated hadith from Sahih Bukhari? If you can't find any then may God punish you for the lies on the Imam. You just keep behaving like a dingbat!
Cool down bro, I am not a lazy student. See the hadith below and confirm which is true and which is fabricated.

Re: Importance Of The Sunnah by true2god: 1:24pm On Oct 18, 2019
Rashduct4luv:
You have an extreme affinity for falsehood and foolish jokes.
You have to apologize for lying against me bro.
Re: Importance Of The Sunnah by Demmzy15(m): 1:43pm On Oct 18, 2019
fortran12:

You dress like Mohammed, do u also put on makeup like him too?
Can we return to our discussion? I still have many questions I'm yet to ask undecided
Re: Importance Of The Sunnah by fortran12: 2:08pm On Oct 18, 2019
Demmzy15:
Can we return to our discussion? I still have many questions I'm yet to ask undecided
Ok. Just mention me so I cn reply.
Re: Importance Of The Sunnah by true2god: 2:43pm On Oct 18, 2019
Newnas:
All those your flimsy doubts are for gullible folks like you. Don't say it when erudite folks are around.
Mr Erudite, I have answered the question but I am yet to see your feedback. Hope you are back from friday prayer.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Best Way To Start Ramadan: Seven Tips / First Day Of Ramadan / Tremendous Dua Asking Allah For 22 Things

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.