Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:42 AM

Peter Olayinka Once Drank Garri To Go To Trainning - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Peter Olayinka Once Drank Garri To Go To Trainning (24404 Views)

AFCON: Peter Olayinka To Lead Eagles Attack Against Guinea-bissau / I Motivate Myself With Wizkid's Music Before Every Game - Peter Olayinka / 23yr Old Peter Olayinka Against Inter Milan (UCL Opener) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Olayinka Once Drank Garri To Go To Trainning by reportminds: 10:13am On Oct 09, 2019
Slavia Prague striker, Peter Olayinka, says he had a rough beginning as a young aspiring footballer.

The new Super Eagles invitee explained that he had little parental support, adding that his father didn’t think a career in football was possible.

“At first my dad didn’t support me,” he told Brilla FM.

According to him, things were tough to the extent that he could barely get food to eat before going for practice.

He said, “I was on the streets for a very long time, things weren’t easy. I suffered mostly growing up; things were difficult.

“I would drink garri and kuli-kuli or go on an empty stomach after practice. But I kept my focus and would pray for a breakthrough.

“Later he noticed I could make a living from it and he became my number one fan. He bought me playing kits and my boots.”

The 23-year-old is expected to make his debut for Nigeria on October 13 against Brazil at the National Stadium in Singapore.

Olayinka recently hit target against Inter Milan in the Champions League to become the first Nigerian to score on his Champions League debut since Yakubu Aiyegbeni’s hat-trick for Maccabi Haifa against Olympiakos in September 2002.

https://www.reportminds.com/2019/10/i-use-to-drink-garri-to-training.html

9 Likes

Re: Peter Olayinka Once Drank Garri To Go To Trainning by majamajic(m): 10:14am On Oct 09, 2019
me that train on empty stomach

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Olayinka Once Drank Garri To Go To Trainning by setobaba: 10:33am On Oct 09, 2019

A country like Nigeria is full of shits and major issues for surviving

14 Likes

Re: Peter Olayinka Once Drank Garri To Go To Trainning by hisexcellency34: 10:33am On Oct 09, 2019
And so?

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Peter Olayinka Once Drank Garri To Go To Trainning by bikerboy1(m): 10:33am On Oct 09, 2019
You now have my sympathy!

Congratulations!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Peter Olayinka Once Drank Garri To Go To Trainning by A305: 10:34am On Oct 09, 2019
Better than nothing, Biologically, the stomach doesn't recognize the kind of food you feed it. It just want to be fed with something. That you eating chicken today doesn't mean your stomach is super neat than folks still soaking garri. See that Lexus down my siggy

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Olayinka Once Drank Garri To Go To Trainning by RockHard: 10:34am On Oct 09, 2019
Is garri not food again??

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Olayinka Once Drank Garri To Go To Trainning by Vivos: 10:34am On Oct 09, 2019
WE WILL ALL TELL OUR SUCCESS STORIES, IN JESUS NAME

Abi I'm on the only rehearsing the lines and ways I'll tell my story and how I never gave, even in Buhari's regime

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Olayinka Once Drank Garri To Go To Trainning by tillaman(m): 10:34am On Oct 09, 2019
But now just like many others your story has changed we can only hope you don let it get to your and flop like Iheanacho our one time wonder kid
Re: Peter Olayinka Once Drank Garri To Go To Trainning by INTEGRITYA1(m): 10:34am On Oct 09, 2019
Success is only true revenge. Bravo
Re: Peter Olayinka Once Drank Garri To Go To Trainning by Vivos: 10:35am On Oct 09, 2019
RockHard:
it is food when you take it with chill water, groundnut, milk and coconut
but poverty when you drink it with salt bcoz sugar is even expensive nowadays

4 Likes

Re: Peter Olayinka Once Drank Garri To Go To Trainning by oyeb15: 10:35am On Oct 09, 2019
Na pounded yam he suppose eat go training

8 Likes

Re: Peter Olayinka Once Drank Garri To Go To Trainning by Criticaltemp: 10:35am On Oct 09, 2019
Abeg who never drink garri before.. One thing about success is DAT, any one who attends this height must become a motivational speaker with alot of stories to tell.. Who told u dat drinking garri os evil. Sorry, but there r people right now who just need a hand full of garri to survive.. Spare us this garri matters, just thank God grace located u during ur struggle days not grave.. God bless all our hussles.. Please when u become a success tomorrow, dont say things DAT will make others who r passing through that particular phase feel they aint lucky or gracefull in life. Every thing in life is according to God's plan

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Olayinka Once Drank Garri To Go To Trainning by Carmit(m): 10:35am On Oct 09, 2019
Lol...

All these footballers always turn to inspirational speakers after dem Don blow. grin

Make we kuku dey ASPIRE to INQUIRE grin

7 Likes

Re: Peter Olayinka Once Drank Garri To Go To Trainning by engrkaz(m): 10:35am On Oct 09, 2019
Osimhen scores on his debut too.
Re: Peter Olayinka Once Drank Garri To Go To Trainning by lemon10(m): 10:36am On Oct 09, 2019
Everybody has his or her own success story to tell. Thank God he finally made it
Re: Peter Olayinka Once Drank Garri To Go To Trainning by Imstrong2(m): 10:36am On Oct 09, 2019
No pain no gain!
Re: Peter Olayinka Once Drank Garri To Go To Trainning by FuckDaMods: 10:36am On Oct 09, 2019
Things were tough and you were in the streets for a very long time, yet you are claiming 23years with that your rough face.

6 Likes

Re: Peter Olayinka Once Drank Garri To Go To Trainning by Nobody: 10:36am On Oct 09, 2019
See in this life ehn, ANYTHING, absolutely ANYTHING is POSSIBLE once you set your mind to achieve it, even HEAVEN and GOD can't stop you, as long as it's not against Humanity... Congrats Man!!!

2 Likes

Re: Peter Olayinka Once Drank Garri To Go To Trainning by Blinkers: 10:37am On Oct 09, 2019
cool

I'm happy that Peter Olayinka finally got recognized. This should be done for all pur players who fought tooth and nail through our devilish sport and economic climate to get to the highest stage of professional football.

Instead of running after spoilt kids like Tammy Abraham who were raised by another system and always embarass them. The English football team can decide what they want since they raised him and he feels more at home there.

We always want to reap where we haven't sown instead of looking inwards and developing our talents. The snub by Victor Moses should have taught these incompetent fools a lesson.

1 Like

Re: Peter Olayinka Once Drank Garri To Go To Trainning by Nobody: 10:38am On Oct 09, 2019
Not easy at all, may I receive that kind of Favour too, I pray I receive a helper from nairaland someday, someone whom God will touch.
Re: Peter Olayinka Once Drank Garri To Go To Trainning by Nobody: 10:38am On Oct 09, 2019
Everyone have stories. Both bitter and sweet.
Re: Peter Olayinka Once Drank Garri To Go To Trainning by imam07: 10:38am On Oct 09, 2019
reportminds:
Slavia Prague striker, Peter Olayinka, says he had a rough beginning as a young aspiring footballer.

The new Super Eagles invitee explained that he had little parental support, adding that his father didn’t think a career in football was possible.

“At first my dad didn’t support me,” he told Brilla FM.

According to him, things were tough to the extent that he could barely get food to eat before going for practice.

He said, “I was on the streets for a very long time, things weren’t easy. I suffered mostly growing up; things were difficult.

“I would drink garri and kuli-kuli or go on an empty stomach after practice. But I kept my focus and would pray for a breakthrough.

“Later he noticed I could make a living from it and he became my number one fan. He bought me playing kits and my boots.”

The 23-year-old is expected to make his debut for Nigeria on October 13 against Brazil at the National Stadium in Singapore.

Olayinka recently hit target against Inter Milan in the Champions League to become the first Nigerian to score on his Champions League debut since Yakubu Aiyegbeni’s hat-trick for Maccabi Haifa against Olympiakos in September 2002.

https://www.reportminds.com/2019/10/i-use-to-drink-garri-to-training.html

Nah normal thing in naija.
Re: Peter Olayinka Once Drank Garri To Go To Trainning by Chingykay77(m): 10:38am On Oct 09, 2019
RockHard:

I don't just understand again o
any small thing like this you will hear i used to drink garri meaning now that they are rich they don't drink garri anymore even Obasanjo sef still dy drink garri D'banj has his own garri Factory and you are now saying "I USED TO DRINK GARRI" nigga play ball to score goals even your bosses which are Okocha and Kanu still dy drink garri

Pls don't come and make everyone think garri na for poor people

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Olayinka Once Drank Garri To Go To Trainning by Uruan2023: 10:39am On Oct 09, 2019
Hmmmmm

U don even see food chop.

It will be better with all the dream chasers.

The sun will shine on us someday
Re: Peter Olayinka Once Drank Garri To Go To Trainning by Seun360(m): 10:39am On Oct 09, 2019
majamajic:
me that train on empty stomach
I tire o.
Re: Peter Olayinka Once Drank Garri To Go To Trainning by mozona(m): 10:39am On Oct 09, 2019
if what is saying is true, then he is more than 23yrs
Re: Peter Olayinka Once Drank Garri To Go To Trainning by Florblu(f): 10:39am On Oct 09, 2019
Must every successful individual in this country have a bad/rough past?

2 Likes

Re: Peter Olayinka Once Drank Garri To Go To Trainning by Psalm2423(m): 10:40am On Oct 09, 2019
When people day use Garri break 7 days fast. grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pogba Offers Reward After His House Was Robbed During Atletico Match / Tactical Switch Earned Us Victory Against Cote D'ivoire - Finidi George / Jay Jay Okocha Visits The Super Eagles Ahead Of Cote D'ivoire Clash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.