Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,789 members, 7,802,465 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:55 PM

Peter Olayinka Once Drank Garri To Go To Trainning - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Peter Olayinka Once Drank Garri To Go To Trainning (24395 Views)

AFCON: Peter Olayinka To Lead Eagles Attack Against Guinea-bissau / I Motivate Myself With Wizkid's Music Before Every Game - Peter Olayinka / 23yr Old Peter Olayinka Against Inter Milan (UCL Opener) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Olayinka Once Drank Garri To Go To Trainning by kheny12(m): 10:40am On Oct 09, 2019
I thank God for my life.Even though I am not born with sliver spoon,my parents will make sure I don't go to sleep empty stomach when am still young.May God bless all parent and may they reap the fruit of their labour.
Re: Peter Olayinka Once Drank Garri To Go To Trainning by Oluwasaeon(m): 10:40am On Oct 09, 2019
Florblu:
Must every successful individual in this country have a bad/rough past?
I wonder
Re: Peter Olayinka Once Drank Garri To Go To Trainning by davillian(m): 10:41am On Oct 09, 2019
u even see garri eat.
you are lucky
Re: Peter Olayinka Once Drank Garri To Go To Trainning by wink2015(m): 10:43am On Oct 09, 2019
reportminds:
Slavia Prague striker, Peter Olayinka, says he had a rough beginning as a young aspiring footballer.

The new Super Eagles invitee explained that he had little parental support, adding that his father didn’t think a career in football was possible.

“At first my dad didn’t support me,” he told Brilla FM.

According to him, things were tough to the extent that he could barely get food to eat before going for practice.

He said, “I was on the streets for a very long time, things weren’t easy. I suffered mostly growing up; things were difficult.

“I would drink garri and kuli-kuli or go on an empty stomach after practice. But I kept my focus and would pray for a breakthrough.

“Later he noticed I could make a living from it and he became my number one fan. He bought me playing kits and my boots.”

The 23-year-old is expected to make his debut for Nigeria on October 13 against Brazil at the National Stadium in Singapore.

Olayinka recently hit target against Inter Milan in the Champions League to become the first Nigerian to score on his Champions League debut since Yakubu Aiyegbeni’s hat-trick for Maccabi Haifa against Olympiakos in September 2002.

https://www.reportminds.com/2019/10/i-use-to-drink-garri-to-training.html

Why must "Garri" or "Garri drinking" always be used to describe poverty in Nigeria?

Garri is just a food item in one of the menu list as far as Nigerian food is concerned.

3 Likes

Re: Peter Olayinka Once Drank Garri To Go To Trainning by Celexralno: 10:44am On Oct 09, 2019
Sometimes I think if I will ever going to make it in my football carrier
I wish my parents were rich things would have been more easy for
Re: Peter Olayinka Once Drank Garri To Go To Trainning by Lordjb: 10:44am On Oct 09, 2019
Okay
Re: Peter Olayinka Once Drank Garri To Go To Trainning by Omoslim26: 10:47am On Oct 09, 2019
why is he making it seem as though drinking garri is a bad thing radarada even OBJ and Tinubu sef dey drink garri

2 Likes

Re: Peter Olayinka Once Drank Garri To Go To Trainning by Nobody: 10:48am On Oct 09, 2019
chaiiii just once??
Re: Peter Olayinka Once Drank Garri To Go To Trainning by gbishman: 10:49am On Oct 09, 2019
Idiot, garri na poison
Re: Peter Olayinka Once Drank Garri To Go To Trainning by Favour1990(m): 10:49am On Oct 09, 2019
Alagbagbuogi dia .....as if u are d only one who have drank garri
Re: Peter Olayinka Once Drank Garri To Go To Trainning by SkinnyNigga: 10:50am On Oct 09, 2019
Criticaltemp:
Abeg who never drink garri before.. One thing about success is DAT, any one who attends this height must become a motivational speaker with alot of stories to tell.. Who told u dat drinking garri os evil. Sorry, but there r people right now who just need a hand full of garri to survive.. Spare us this garri matters, just thank God grace located u during ur struggle days not grave.. God bless all our hussles.. Please when u become a success tomorrow, dont say things DAT will make others who r passing through that particular phase feel they aint lucky or gracefull in life. Every thing in life is according to God's plan
I am curious.. who are these kids and which country is that ?
Re: Peter Olayinka Once Drank Garri To Go To Trainning by Sesughray: 10:51am On Oct 09, 2019
Ah! Garri to training, that one na steady diet since the coming of Christ.
Re: Peter Olayinka Once Drank Garri To Go To Trainning by naijaauction100: 10:54am On Oct 09, 2019
No Pain,No Gain
Get the best out of these deals

Re: Peter Olayinka Once Drank Garri To Go To Trainning by jaxxy(m): 10:55am On Oct 09, 2019
What’s wrong with that? Whats wrong with eating garri to train? That’s the problem with Nigerian players now he eats sharwama to train then becomes fat and lazy and struggling with fitness on the pitch cos of reckless enjoyment.

3 Likes

Re: Peter Olayinka Once Drank Garri To Go To Trainning by Mccullum: 11:02am On Oct 09, 2019
RockHard:
Is garri not food again??

Gari is food, if you drink it hopelessly without no choice that's the painful side of it that make it different with one who drunk it with joy, happiness and satisfaction. it's one of the bad experience to ever had in life.
Re: Peter Olayinka Once Drank Garri To Go To Trainning by Weedhustler: 11:04am On Oct 09, 2019
Is not a new stuvv na go n ask Ronald n messi.
Re: Peter Olayinka Once Drank Garri To Go To Trainning by Wuzyurdaddy(m): 11:11am On Oct 09, 2019
Normal level na*

It's good for balance
Re: Peter Olayinka Once Drank Garri To Go To Trainning by Nobody: 11:11am On Oct 09, 2019
Yeye, u know how how many of us don go field with empty stomach? For Europe na big deal, here in 9ja na daily routine. Just thank God abeg.

Checkout YTD Pro version 1.10 for downloading YouTube videos.

All issues with android 8.1 and 9 have been fixed

Check it out on nairaland here:
https://www.nairaland.com/5426569/youtube-video-downloader-ytd-pro

Download it here:
https://ytd-pro.en.aptoide.com/
Re: Peter Olayinka Once Drank Garri To Go To Trainning by Princeofasia: 11:15am On Oct 09, 2019
why do nogerians see this as bad food. garri and enough groundnut is the best food for training. here in los angeles that simple food cost 10k
Re: Peter Olayinka Once Drank Garri To Go To Trainning by adenigga(m): 11:17am On Oct 09, 2019
Criticaltemp:
Abeg who never drink garri before.. One thing about success is DAT, any one who attends this height must become a motivational speaker with alot of stories to tell.. Who told u dat drinking garri os evil. Sorry, but there r people right now who just need a hand full of garri to survive.. Spare us this garri matters, just thank God grace located u during ur struggle days not grave.. God bless all our hussles.. Please when u become a success tomorrow, dont say things DAT will make others who r passing through that particular phase feel they aint lucky or gracefull in life. Every thing in life is according to God's plan

This man, you're are a genius!

I love your comment.
It's not among players alone, check the so called nollywood industry too.

Lot of people are passing through a lot in life, few are getting there, small time you will be hearing I hawk pure water, this & that.
They should spare us all this stories!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Olayinka Once Drank Garri To Go To Trainning by Erolow(f): 11:21am On Oct 09, 2019
Hmmmmm....... Nigerians always have it rough. Chasing your goals and making something for yourself is extremely tough in this country. You just have to keep pushing, no matter what.

If you are interested in learning new digital marketing skills at no cost, check my signature below
Re: Peter Olayinka Once Drank Garri To Go To Trainning by Yemiseun(m): 11:30am On Oct 09, 2019
I heard the telephone interview on Brila FM yesterday Morning......... Baba God, answer my Prayers too
Re: Peter Olayinka Once Drank Garri To Go To Trainning by Truthbites: 11:32am On Oct 09, 2019
You are lucky now we can't afford garri!... this is not news I beg. Bubu want us to drink our pee and pupu... because his policies ain't friendly to the economy or the poor . trust me footballer, if na this era, u for nor see the kuli kuli chew join the Garri
Re: Peter Olayinka Once Drank Garri To Go To Trainning by greatsodade(m): 11:39am On Oct 09, 2019
majamajic:
me that train on empty stomach

YOUR BREAK THROUGH IS COMING THEN...
Re: Peter Olayinka Once Drank Garri To Go To Trainning by nauto6: 11:55am On Oct 09, 2019
I know
Re: Peter Olayinka Once Drank Garri To Go To Trainning by mechanics(m): 12:16pm On Oct 09, 2019
hisexcellency34:
And so?
hmmmm, he's just telling you not to give up, it's an inspiration for those intending to commit suicide due to one suffering or the other.
Re: Peter Olayinka Once Drank Garri To Go To Trainning by isaiahethan: 12:40pm On Oct 09, 2019
reportminds:
Slavia Prague striker, Peter Olayinka, says he had a rough beginning as a young aspiring footballer.

The new Super Eagles invitee explained that he had little parental support, adding that his father didn’t think a career in football was possible.

According to him, things were tough to the extent that he could barely get food to eat before going for practice.

He said, “I was on the streets for a very long time, things weren’t easy. I suffered mostly growing up; things were difficult.

“I would drink garri and kuli-kuli or go on an empty stomach after practice. But I kept my focus and would pray for a breakthrough.

“Later he noticed I could make a living from it and he became my number one fan. He bought me playing kits and my boots.”

The 23-year-old is expected to make his debut for Nigeria on October 13 against Brazil at the National Stadium in Singapore.

Olayinka recently hit target against Inter Milan in the Champions League to become the first Nigerian to score on his Champions League debut since Yakubu Aiyegbeni’s hat-trick for Maccabi Haifa against Olympiakos in September 2002.

Garri na crime
Re: Peter Olayinka Once Drank Garri To Go To Trainning by jamesfadairo(m): 12:51pm On Oct 09, 2019
reportminds:

congrats, but all these stories aren't touching enough, a lot of average Nigerians drink garri with kulikuli while growing up. besides you haven't gotten to the limelight of your career, its the first time I'm hearing this name
Re: Peter Olayinka Once Drank Garri To Go To Trainning by liver123(m): 1:04pm On Oct 09, 2019
All these one saying is garri not food. Wait until you drink garri not because you want to drink it but because it is the only option left that is when you will understand what the guy is saying.
Re: Peter Olayinka Once Drank Garri To Go To Trainning by 2shure: 1:32pm On Oct 09, 2019
I had two satchets on noodles last nite with egg and sausage. Rain rain go away. It never did,drove evryone selling out from 6pm to 9pm ystdy. Aboki no dey sell better tin.
Re: Peter Olayinka Once Drank Garri To Go To Trainning by RICHOLAC(m): 1:44pm On Oct 09, 2019
Vivos:
WE WILL ALL TELL OUR SUCCESS STORIES, IN JESUS NAME

Abi I'm on the only rehearsing the lines and ways I'll tell my story and how I never gave, even in Buhari's regime
You are not o, infact i have perfected on my grass to grace story. Baba God go make happen.

1 Like

Re: Peter Olayinka Once Drank Garri To Go To Trainning by Gbengar07: 4:24pm On Oct 09, 2019
And so ? Who no dey drink garri . abeg spare me the mumu talk

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do Footballers Marriage Last Than Other Celebrities? / Pogba Offers Reward After His House Was Robbed During Atletico Match / Belgium Vs USA - World Cup (2 - 1) On 1st July 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.