Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,453 members, 7,808,611 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:16 PM

Budget: National Assembly Sets November 28 Target For Passage - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Budget: National Assembly Sets November 28 Target For Passage (4716 Views)

Kaduna Assembly Sets Up Committee To Probe El-Rufai / Port-Harcourt Serial Killing: Rivers Assembly Sets Up Committee To Curb It / BREAKING: Lagos Assembly Sets Up Committee To Probe Ambode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Budget: National Assembly Sets November 28 Target For Passage by wwwihy: 11:20am On Oct 09, 2019
The National Assembly on Tuesday said it would pass the 2020 Appropriation Bill on November 28, 2019.

The Chairman of the House Committee on Media and Public Affairs, Mr Benjamin Kalu, made this known when he addressed journalists after the budget presentation by President Muhammadu Buhari. He stated that the lawmakers had the desire to reverse the budget calendar to January-December.

Kalu said, “We are committed to realising this switch from what it used to be to what it ought to be – January-December budget calendar. Luckily enough, the House has inaugurated all the standing committees. The House, in order, to achieve this objective of reversing the calendar will be suspending the plenary – not suspending the House – to enable us to go into our various committees to interact with the MDAs (ministries, departments and agencies. To achieve that, we have set up a road map.”

The House’ spokesman said while the appropriation bill was presented on Tuesday, the House would debate the general principles of the budget on Wednesday and Thursday, after which it would be passed for second reading and referred to the standing committees, also known as Sub-Committees on Appropriations.

Kalu also said the House would adjourn plenary on Thursday till October 30, 2019, to allow the committees to hold budget defence sessions with Federal Government ministries, departments and agencies.

https://punchng.com/nassembly-sets-november-28-target-for-budget-passage/

3 Likes

Re: Budget: National Assembly Sets November 28 Target For Passage by Runaway: 11:31am On Oct 09, 2019
Extension arm of the executive.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget: National Assembly Sets November 28 Target For Passage by Samwize1243(m): 11:32am On Oct 09, 2019
Ok
Re: Budget: National Assembly Sets November 28 Target For Passage by Eboski(m): 11:32am On Oct 09, 2019
Rubber stamp national assembly, continue to please the president.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Budget: National Assembly Sets November 28 Target For Passage by PassingShot(m): 11:32am On Oct 09, 2019
At least we are sure that this budget will not be stolen like under Sarathief.

The greedy backstabber will be licking his wounds in one corner already.

That's how children of hate, frustration and anger (by their comments here, you can know them) can help you end your career if you allow them.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Budget: National Assembly Sets November 28 Target For Passage by Muyiwaipere(m): 11:32am On Oct 09, 2019
Some of them go Don dey price private jet down grin

1 Like

Re: Budget: National Assembly Sets November 28 Target For Passage by Opinedecandid(m): 11:33am On Oct 09, 2019
Rubber stamp NA

2 Likes

Re: Budget: National Assembly Sets November 28 Target For Passage by EmmyUrch: 11:33am On Oct 09, 2019
You mean this useless national assembly owned by Buhari's cabal?

1 Like

Re: Budget: National Assembly Sets November 28 Target For Passage by Eboski(m): 11:34am On Oct 09, 2019
Rubber stamp national assembly, they will not take their time to go through the budget but just to please the president.

5 Likes

Re: Budget: National Assembly Sets November 28 Target For Passage by Goldencheese(m): 11:34am On Oct 09, 2019
If passed that would be early as govt would be able to work in 2020. But this govt needs to do more...

1 Like

Re: Budget: National Assembly Sets November 28 Target For Passage by solmusdesigns: 11:34am On Oct 09, 2019
tongue

Shame on Saraki and Dogara shame on thier supporters..

Federal Pensioners and NYSC corpers wouldnt have thier pension and allowance delayed because of a 7 month delay in passage due to padding

for the first time since 1999, we are going back to january to december budget cycle like a reasonable country

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget: National Assembly Sets November 28 Target For Passage by Successlane: 11:35am On Oct 09, 2019
Runaway:
Extension arm of the executive.

As long as it's for the good of all, nothing spoil.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget: National Assembly Sets November 28 Target For Passage by MoIbrahim: 11:35am On Oct 09, 2019
Ha!
Re: Budget: National Assembly Sets November 28 Target For Passage by docadams: 11:36am On Oct 09, 2019
Time we restore sanity to the whole budgeting process. Traces of a responsible NASS and executive gradually creeping into our democratic space. Kudos to both arms of government.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget: National Assembly Sets November 28 Target For Passage by Nobody: 11:36am On Oct 09, 2019
If that is what is good for the country then so be it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget: National Assembly Sets November 28 Target For Passage by Nobody: 11:37am On Oct 09, 2019
Successlane:

I am with you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget: National Assembly Sets November 28 Target For Passage by MoIbrahim: 11:38am On Oct 09, 2019
Abi o. Their mates are spending 7 months to pass annual budget to be implemented for 12 months, they now want to spend 2 months.
Not nice! grin

Eboski:
Rubber stamp national assembly, they will not take their time to go through the budget but just to please the president.

3 Likes

Re: Budget: National Assembly Sets November 28 Target For Passage by Happyguy201: 11:38am On Oct 09, 2019
I don't know whether this happens to anyone. People approach me these days asking me to buy food for them. Ladies, men and even children. I don't know what's happening

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Budget: National Assembly Sets November 28 Target For Passage by DuBLINGreenb(m): 11:40am On Oct 09, 2019
Paddy paddy na so dem be
I hope no padding of budget
All these Paddington bear's we we carry put for that house only God knows
Re: Budget: National Assembly Sets November 28 Target For Passage by nwamabo247(m): 11:40am On Oct 09, 2019
Alright.A cry for help dear nairalanders plz help me out in any way you can in this my destiny destroyer condition see my signature link thread for details .thanks
Re: Budget: National Assembly Sets November 28 Target For Passage by Ulaga12: 11:41am On Oct 09, 2019
[s]
solmusdesigns:
Shame on saraki and Dogara shame on thier supporters
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Budget: National Assembly Sets November 28 Target For Passage by lakesider(m): 11:42am On Oct 09, 2019
Happyguy201:
I don't know whether this happens to anyone. People approach me these days asking me to buy food for them. Ladies, men and even children. I don't know what's happening

idiot , if u have give , if u dont have dont come to social media to act like u are on good guy

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Budget: National Assembly Sets November 28 Target For Passage by jahsharon: 11:43am On Oct 09, 2019
Bye bye to nonsense and Saraki

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Budget: National Assembly Sets November 28 Target For Passage by jahsharon: 11:44am On Oct 09, 2019
Happyguy201:

Since you have been going from thread to thread posting this family story of yours, kindly advice your begging family members to go and learn Yahoo Yahoo. They can do that for some months before EFCC fishes them out and jail them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget: National Assembly Sets November 28 Target For Passage by helinues: 11:44am On Oct 09, 2019
We hope so
Re: Budget: National Assembly Sets November 28 Target For Passage by Bolustical: 11:44am On Oct 09, 2019
God bless the Kwara people for denying him his return to the National Assembly,

So a budget can be passed this fast. To all those who chased him out of the APC to meet his doom in PDP. Thank you, all.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Budget: National Assembly Sets November 28 Target For Passage by frowland(m): 11:46am On Oct 09, 2019
Successlane:

You think some people care? Some here are so hopeless and jobeless that passing the bill early makes no sense to them whatsoever. In fact, anything good news causes convulsion to them.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Budget: National Assembly Sets November 28 Target For Passage by Nobody: 11:47am On Oct 09, 2019
Issues from this budget

1.Very very little for capital expenditure....a lot for recurrent. That means our civil service AND national assembly is bloated. The truth is, reducing either would lead to strikes, labour unrest, poltical unrest.

2.And the fact is, subsides, especially on power and petrol , are chopping a lot of the money

3.A good thing is that we now know VAT is going on educaiton, health and so on.

4.Bad thing...obvious that government is not too sure IF they can raise the money. Rasing the money for the last budget has proven to be problematic.

5.Oil was at $58 per barrel today. Our breakeven price is $140 per barrel. Meaning...we are losing $80 per barrel....so we are going to keep on borrowing and raisng taxes. Meanwhile, this might force some diversificaiton. (Sadly, I don't see the government enforcing diversificaiton in the economy. ).

6. What needs to be done then?

a) REMOVE FUEL SUBSIDIES. LET MARKETERS CHARGE THE PRICES THEY WANT . Yes, oil would shoot up to N300 and above per liter...but in return, we would get more refinereis, more infrastructure, and more revenue and jobs within the next 10 years. We would also have savings up to N2 trillion per annum.

b) CUT THE SIZE OF THE NATIONAL ASSEMBLY . Italy is doing it. Why can't we.?

c) CUT JOBS IN THE CIVIL SERVICE. At the moment, it is bloated, and congested. And sucking money

d) Raise taxes. Toll gates for government roads . VAT

e) Really fight corruption.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Coronavirus Will End In April, 2020. / 936 Students Abducted From Nigerian Schools In Six Months / Pictures Of New Lagos In 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.