Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,123 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:06 AM

Soldier Shares A Video From An Encounter With Boko Haram Terrorists In Borno - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldier Shares A Video From An Encounter With Boko Haram Terrorists In Borno (45818 Views)

Nigerian Army Kills 9 Social Media Influencers Who Work With Boko Haram (Photos) / Nigerian Soldiers Engage In A Fierce Gun Battle With Boko Haram Terrorists (Pix) / Gallant Nigerian Soldiers In A Live Gun Battle With Boko Haram Terrorists (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldier Shares A Video From An Encounter With Boko Haram Terrorists In Borno by latlat(m): 5:57pm On Oct 09, 2019
May the souls of the fallen heroes rest in peace...Amen
Re: Soldier Shares A Video From An Encounter With Boko Haram Terrorists In Borno by Rotji(m): 6:01pm On Oct 09, 2019
Luciferlove:
Weak soldiers angry

That's very insensitive of you to say, he said 'they kept coming' meaning they repelled them time and time again but the suicide guys no surrender. It means as we've always cried out that they ran out of ammunition and were outnumbered.

This is a country where terrorists have informants even in the Army, and they keep laying ambush after ambush. No matter how good you are, it takes grace to overcome an ambush.

Our National Assembly is not doing enough to protect these Soldiers, they need the very best of weapons and a hell lot of ammunition so they wouldn't always run out and be vulnerable as we've seen severally.

The military needs to find a way of getting rid of the bad eggs among them that are in the habit of selling their Colleagues out to the insurgents.

RIP to the gallant souls regrettably lost in such unfortunate manner.
Re: Soldier Shares A Video From An Encounter With Boko Haram Terrorists In Borno by chinchonglee(m): 6:03pm On Oct 09, 2019
Lanrexkay:
why don't you go there and be shooting at open field
Did i buy military form for dem

See as u dey talk as if dem force anybody join military??

If u see hw dis military guys dey assault civilians u nor go defend dem

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldier Shares A Video From An Encounter With Boko Haram Terrorists In Borno by chinchonglee(m): 6:04pm On Oct 09, 2019
akanbiaa:
And the pictures of the dead soldiers what do you have to say about that?
Dem dey kill/assault innocent citizens too because of d small power dem get. So its their luck if they die.

Zero sympathy for dem.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldier Shares A Video From An Encounter With Boko Haram Terrorists In Borno by davillian(m): 6:14pm On Oct 09, 2019
Lastanza:

Exactly my concern about this whole thing.
What is actually the place of airforce in this whole fight against Boko haram
Do you even see our army with radio.
I doubt if they can, Give a pin point location For Air bombardment.
They dont even work together...
Our soldiers should be modernise because they are still in WWII
Re: Soldier Shares A Video From An Encounter With Boko Haram Terrorists In Borno by Willie2015: 6:19pm On Oct 09, 2019
Psalm2423:

That's an ambush, it's hard to escape from an ambush. If they don't shoot, they'll die. If they shoot, they'll have a chance of survival. grin

Since the military is now charging soldiers for retreating, you don't expect them to run away, right? And you can't gather fast in an open field. The best thing is to duck and shoot, but you can only duck and survive when you're the attacker, which in this case they're not. Las Las, corruption is the cause of that situation. In a sane country with a functioning air force, you cannot stay up to 2 hours in battle without getting support.

If you also look at that video, the military has just one RPG, which is a shame, and the one mounting it always switches to his AK47 (1998 version grin). It's like they're prepared to die. So let's not blame tactics on this one, they didn't have time to prepare (the trucks there should be enough to let you know that this was an unexpected fight), and they're ill equipped. Foot soldiers don't fight in open fields, that's a task for tanks and jet fighters plus heavy artillery sometimes.

Tks for this piece...
I live in the North for some years...
Its a difficult terrain to fight using the Army conventional style...
U need to be trained in guerilla warfare ..... battled hardened...
U need to be on the offensive, hit and run tactics and relentless pursuit ..... using bush tracker...
fighting Day and Night.....U need to have air support .....
the NA lack all these qualities .....
Why cant the Buhari hire Private Mercenaries to deal with Boko Haram than using a standing army ....
It is cheaper and effective.. an example is the 72 mobile strike force and Barlow success during the Jonathan Admin.....
Its all about greed and money to be made from military contracts....

1 Like

Re: Soldier Shares A Video From An Encounter With Boko Haram Terrorists In Borno by Mutemenot(m): 6:23pm On Oct 09, 2019
Are the soldiers shooting for fun A trained soldier should shoot at target, I see no reason wasting bullets
Re: Soldier Shares A Video From An Encounter With Boko Haram Terrorists In Borno by kayusely70(m): 6:24pm On Oct 09, 2019
paiz:
May God protect you all
Today Is my birthday
Show some love to a brother
Happy birthday to you brother
Re: Soldier Shares A Video From An Encounter With Boko Haram Terrorists In Borno by davillian(m): 6:24pm On Oct 09, 2019
2sexycom:

Any Southerner still fighting this fight is a fool.

BH is a huge money spinner...
I have lost close friends to this war... not one or 2 I still have some there as we speak...
its an offence For the soldiers to complain we should speak For them...
I know they have abused some of us before but I feel we should speak Fr them
Re: Soldier Shares A Video From An Encounter With Boko Haram Terrorists In Borno by sizer07: 6:25pm On Oct 09, 2019
Boko haram arms suppliers, the War lords are really having a gud patronage whilst with the way the soldier said they kept coming like water. Most of the war lords are white. If you watch the movie WAR LORD, featuring Nicolas cage you will understand what I mean. This war might last for decades like war of FARC of Colombia terrorist that lasted for close to 59yrs because politicians and generals are using it as a there cash cow. The once that are on the line to be replaced already know that is a gold mind. I cant for see an end to this is war. So if any one on this forum has a relatives or friends, its best to advice them to take the root 999,its a code name for AWOL. my pals abt 3 of them did it. Most of there mates are now classify as MIA falling heros. Las las Nigeria is not worth dying for. The lans Corpral that died, his take home every month is 45k plus 1k daily allawee. That is what most of Those guys you see on the battle field earn. obsolete Equipments and guns,1950s armor thanks. Immagin a soldier will be killed cuz he ran out of bullets . I swear make the boko boys come meet all of us for Abuja. Sacrifice for Nigeria my foot

1 Like

Re: Soldier Shares A Video From An Encounter With Boko Haram Terrorists In Borno by davillian(m): 6:28pm On Oct 09, 2019
akanbiaa:
Exactly Timely Air support would have reduced the casualty greatly.
That tucano Cant do anything self... Just 10 modern Jets will do i. 15 mins them don Show
Re: Soldier Shares A Video From An Encounter With Boko Haram Terrorists In Borno by EniforraeI: 6:29pm On Oct 09, 2019
Eni4real
Re: Soldier Shares A Video From An Encounter With Boko Haram Terrorists In Borno by akanbiaa(m): 6:29pm On Oct 09, 2019
davillian:

That tucano Cant do anything self... Just 10 modern Jets will do i. 15 mins them don Show
The insurgents
Might have anti aircraft rocket launchers.

1 Like

Re: Soldier Shares A Video From An Encounter With Boko Haram Terrorists In Borno by davillian(m): 6:33pm On Oct 09, 2019
akanbiaa:
The insurgents
Might have anti aircraft rocket launchers.
Na RPG they Get and AA...
It Would be hard For them to hit those fast modern Jets...
Re: Soldier Shares A Video From An Encounter With Boko Haram Terrorists In Borno by davillian(m): 6:37pm On Oct 09, 2019
kadiri3:
IM SO SUPRISE HOW ARMY DON'T CONNECT WITH AIRFORCE ANYTIME THE ARE SHOOTING WITH B.H
I was thinking they have learn.....
every time bH go come engage Our Soldiers till they run out of bullets or their Guns begin hot...
When bullet Finish our soldiers go escape.
Re: Soldier Shares A Video From An Encounter With Boko Haram Terrorists In Borno by davillian(m): 6:42pm On Oct 09, 2019
udemzyudex:

I dey tell you,I wonder what the so called air force are doing.

I have already concluded that the Nigerian government and the Nigerian Army ( the service chief) don't want this war to end.

I only pity the soldiers putting their lives on the line,wasted effort. A whole Nigerian Army with all the Billions can't hit these guys hard ,very hard with good weapons.

I remember the other thread where the soldier was killed because he ran out of bullet,no backup nothing nothing.

Tufia.
the thing tire me I swear...
Why cant there be a Final assault From every direction with Nigerian army and other countries Close to the border.
Re: Soldier Shares A Video From An Encounter With Boko Haram Terrorists In Borno by obiekunie2: 6:44pm On Oct 09, 2019
alizma:

[s]God bless you for your observation. Though there are some bad eggs among these guys but your observation is one of the reasons why we need to pray and encourage this guys. It is not easy to fighting terrorists in the north. No cover, someone can see you from a very long distance without any obstruction. Only those who have not been to the core north come to nairaland to say trash.[/s]

trash talk!

i guess the bokoharam shooting at them have special covers made to cover them!

fact is - the nigerian army are not motivated to fight!

their big ogas are hugely benefiting from the war and therefore doesnt want it to end. period!

the military top brass are cumulatively sacrificing the poor soldiers!

any solider that allowed himself to be used in this war is doing himself!

2 Likes

Re: Soldier Shares A Video From An Encounter With Boko Haram Terrorists In Borno by davillian(m): 6:44pm On Oct 09, 2019
Lastanza:

Exactly my concern about this whole thing.
What is actually the place of airforce in this whole fight against Boko haram
i think our com is still very poor and we dont even have modern Jets..
Re: Soldier Shares A Video From An Encounter With Boko Haram Terrorists In Borno by akanbiaa(m): 6:46pm On Oct 09, 2019
davillian:

Na RPG they Get and AA...
It Would be hard For them to hit those fast modern Jets...
But are you sure the Air Force or Army have the fast modern jets?
Re: Soldier Shares A Video From An Encounter With Boko Haram Terrorists In Borno by Olugbanko: 6:54pm On Oct 09, 2019
Who else notices that not one of the fallen soldiers on display has a ballistic vest on? Isn't that suicidal?
Re: Soldier Shares A Video From An Encounter With Boko Haram Terrorists In Borno by JonDon12: 7:06pm On Oct 09, 2019
gaetano:
The insurgency war is big business for the top generals. It's an avenue for them to make money. If we were serious, we should have fired none performing generals and replace them with serious minded military men.

There are no serious minded military men. The Nigerian Army is and has always been corrupt. First of all promotion is not on a merit basis. It is basically on patronage or tribe. So you have incompetency amongst the officer ranks. Secondly, the equipment and ammunition is all compromised due to corruption. Thirdly, the morale of the men is very low. They know that they are being sent into a compromised fight against a much more determined enemy. That is a big killer. Buhari is a stupid liar. He promised to defeat BH and then comes out and says they are technically defeated. Bubu is worst leader Nigeria ever had. He has had the same COAS Buratai for 6 yrs now. Jonathan fired 6 but Bubu continues on a path of incompetence

2 Likes

Re: Soldier Shares A Video From An Encounter With Boko Haram Terrorists In Borno by Neoteny(m): 7:07pm On Oct 09, 2019
At 0.14 a bullet whizzed extremely close to the camera guy
Re: Soldier Shares A Video From An Encounter With Boko Haram Terrorists In Borno by Nobody: 7:07pm On Oct 09, 2019
9gerian:
What’s more saddening is seeing them exchanging fire with insurgents like they are mates.

Our military’s fire power, gadgets and technology should be more sophisticated and intimidating to the insurgents. That’s the only way to end the madness.

The insurgents need to feel foolish anytime they encounter our military. Only then will they abandon the avoidable war and embrace peace. angry

Just imagine a whole army with ak 47 rifles without scope, no body armour, no snipers no air support no artillery support and exposed to enemy fire 360 degrees. We can never win this war like this even if they fight for 100 years. Our are army should be using white phosphorus on these boko haram suckers. Smh
Re: Soldier Shares A Video From An Encounter With Boko Haram Terrorists In Borno by Wallace2107: 7:33pm On Oct 09, 2019
Luciferlove:
Weak soldiers angry
your generation is weak.u failed thing.
Re: Soldier Shares A Video From An Encounter With Boko Haram Terrorists In Borno by davillian(m): 7:47pm On Oct 09, 2019
akanbiaa:
But are you sure the Air Force or Army have the fast modern jets?
They dont have...
There was a time they bought 7 tucano
the price they bought those 7 Jets can buy 15 F15

2 Likes

Re: Soldier Shares A Video From An Encounter With Boko Haram Terrorists In Borno by godofuck231: 7:50pm On Oct 09, 2019
ZzZzzzzzzzzzzzz:
the dogs will be ripped apart by bullets
simply put you haven't been attacked by one then
Re: Soldier Shares A Video From An Encounter With Boko Haram Terrorists In Borno by swdigitals(m): 7:58pm On Oct 09, 2019
Kai. When will this war end bikonu. I am tired of seeing young fellows that are mostly my age mates suffer and die everyday because they took up the mantle to fight for this country Nigeria.
Re: Soldier Shares A Video From An Encounter With Boko Haram Terrorists In Borno by swdigitals(m): 7:59pm On Oct 09, 2019
davillian:

They dont have...

Somebody somewhere or a group of people done pocket the change, inflate the price to cover their tracks. Rubbish country
Re: Soldier Shares A Video From An Encounter With Boko Haram Terrorists In Borno by akanbiaa(m): 8:07pm On Oct 09, 2019
davillian:

They dont have...
But don't you think this Boko Haram menace it's the Western powers that gain most by possibly supplying both sides with weapons and supplies to sustain the war as long as possible so they can sell their weapons and enrich their NGOs and their affiliates, if you have studies CIA even if it's films you will notice same pattern with Boko Haram of what do you think?
Re: Soldier Shares A Video From An Encounter With Boko Haram Terrorists In Borno by Nigeriadondie: 8:10pm On Oct 09, 2019
walexy100:

God punish you for saying that.

No matter how brave you are as soldiers, if the enemies outnumber you, it's either you retreat or get killed. Forget bravery in a situation like this.
But they are brave to shoot shiites or IPOB

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soldier Shares A Video From An Encounter With Boko Haram Terrorists In Borno by Ezechimaobim(m): 8:17pm On Oct 09, 2019
My heart is with you all the brave soldiers out there fighting for our dear(corrupt) country..
Re: Soldier Shares A Video From An Encounter With Boko Haram Terrorists In Borno by davillian(m): 8:18pm On Oct 09, 2019
akanbiaa:
But don't you think this Boko Haram menace it's the Western powers that gain most by possibly supplying both sides with weapons and supplies to sustain the war as long as possible so they can sell their weapons and enrich their NGOs and their affiliates, if you have studies CIA even if it's films you will notice same pattern with Boko Haram of what do you think?
Our army runs away leaving weapons, vehicles and other Items for them
BH that attack the baracks sometimes.
They have money to buy weapons From ransom FG Pay them.
Our borders are open.
I cant say if the CIA is involved havnt done the research

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari Rejects Nigerian Peace Corps Bill / President Buhari And CBN Governor Godwin Emefiele Arrives Addis Ababa / Protests In Benin As INEC Announces Results (Photos Video)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.