Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,337 members, 7,780,887 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:48 AM

About.brontok.a Is Killing My Laptop: Please Help Me! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / About.brontok.a Is Killing My Laptop: Please Help Me! (4013 Views)

Someone Please Help Me, Slow Internet Is Killing My Business / Please Help Recycler Is Killing My System! / How To Use The Sim Card Slot On My Laptop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

About.brontok.a Is Killing My Laptop: Please Help Me! by PHEESAYOUR(m): 9:45pm On May 19, 2007
MY LAPTOP IS INFECTED WITH A VIRUS( about.brontok.a) PLEASE CAN YOU TELL ME WHT TO DO, I HAVE DELETED IT MANY TIMES BUT IT WON'T GO, HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: About.brontok.a Is Killing My Laptop: Please Help Me! by naijacutee(f): 11:42pm On May 19, 2007
Can you go to the "Run" menu, type in "regedit", search for it and disable it from there?
Re: About.brontok.a Is Killing My Laptop: Please Help Me! by Nobody: 8:25pm On May 21, 2007
download a free anti-virus prefarably avg anti-virus and run it on your system about bronkton also attacked
my system and flashdrive before so i know what you are talking about
Re: About.brontok.a Is Killing My Laptop: Please Help Me! by lagoshost(m): 10:13pm On May 21, 2007
The best is just to back up your files and reformat.

It is better!
Re: About.brontok.a Is Killing My Laptop: Please Help Me! by Nobody: 4:25pm On May 22, 2007
@ PHEESAYOUR ,
make u no mind them all, just go get AVAST anti-virus ver 4.6 or 4.7, and also try kaspersky antivirus as well.
They will get rid of that virus in all their hidden locations.
Dont try any other things apart from the solution am giving out, if you go tamper with yur registry just know yur system is gone forever.
Re: About.brontok.a Is Killing My Laptop: Please Help Me! by 3dhunter(m): 8:27pm On May 23, 2007
i had the same problem and i used AVG free download to solve it. you can mail me for more information
Re: About.brontok.a Is Killing My Laptop: Please Help Me! by Nobody: 10:15am On May 24, 2007
@ 3d_hunter ,
what is it that you are talking, the poor helpless guy is asking for your help and you are saying email me for more info, why not spit it out here on the thread.
You guys just place yourselves on the step you never belong.

My guy PHEESAYOUR,just go get either kaspersky or avast antivirus at the popular OTIGBA MARKET (COMPUTER VILLA).

Stay cool, anything for a fellow nairalander.
Re: About.brontok.a Is Killing My Laptop: Please Help Me! by fitinwell: 6:43pm On May 24, 2007
Hello download avast 4.7 or 4.6 and try update the anti virus online after updating it will automatically detect the virus after scanning and ask it to delete permanetly that's all

Bolaji -- 08028088179
Web developer
www.bolajimedia.com
Re: About.brontok.a Is Killing My Laptop: Please Help Me! by 3dhunter(m): 7:08pm On May 24, 2007
@ enitan2002 
i have already told him what to do, which you can see if you care to read all that i wrote.

but what if he does not know how to follow my instructions.

your suggestions are ok. give us more and stop attacking tongue cheesy
Re: About.brontok.a Is Killing My Laptop: Please Help Me! by abohrandy: 7:55pm On May 24, 2007
i will also suggest Avast and try the option that runs in dos mode that is before the the xp files load on the memory.
and also try to update the virus datatbase.
Re: About.brontok.a Is Killing My Laptop: Please Help Me! by ladips(m): 10:01am On Jun 01, 2007
brontok was a one time reigning virus wen i was in skool then. i helped pple to solve dat probs by installing Antivir anitivirus on their systems.Go to google and type DOWNLOAD Antivir.Cheerz
Re: About.brontok.a Is Killing My Laptop: Please Help Me! by larryoncol(m): 11:11am On Jun 01, 2007
just download an AVG anti virus it's free and do a full system scan, you will be amazed at the results.

larry
Re: About.brontok.a Is Killing My Laptop: Please Help Me! by ayonline: 8:42am On Jun 01, 2009
Get Any Internet Security not AntiVirus.
Free Antivirus is not as effective as Internet Secuitry. For Example if you open webpage which is corrupt or has trojan or worm your IS will notify you and close the page. Like all this scamming site

Have Virtually used nd tested all antivirus name it AVAST,AVG,AVIRA,PANDA,eScan,NOD32,KAS. with the worst virus u can imagine. Trust me what u av is not virus, when you come across virus u would understand

I use Norton Internet Security with 3YR License and i recommend it. It heals ur infected file instead of delete.
Really cool i dnt av to worry till 2012

Just Google Search
Re: About.brontok.a Is Killing My Laptop: Please Help Me! by Meristem: 8:23am On Oct 14, 2011
@OP I'm sorry but my WORST virus experience was with that virus, around 2008: I didnt know it was still around, it will make u feel like BURNING YOUR LAPTOP TO GET RID OF IT. The bad news? It's too late to fight it. Just backup and format ur HDD if u can. All tha best.
Re: About.brontok.a Is Killing My Laptop: Please Help Me! by folafola(m): 4:26pm On Oct 14, 2011
download avast internet security it will clean it off and even secure your system, i have a 2 year registration of avst internet security

(1) (Reply)

Best Among Avast, Norton, Kaspersky, Avira, Panda Etc Anti-virus / [s]Used 2019 Dell G3 3590 For Sale [/s] Sold / Hot Airtel Cheats

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.