Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,202 members, 7,807,683 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:20 PM

There'll Be Another Civil War If Nigeria Breaks Up With Biafra –Emir Of Argungu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There'll Be Another Civil War If Nigeria Breaks Up With Biafra –Emir Of Argungu (3161 Views)

Relocation Of CBN: There'll Be Consequences If Tinubu Doesn't Reverse - Ndume / Soyinka: Herdsmen Cows Invaded My Home, Police Lied. There'll Be Suya Feast Next / RECAP: BREAKING: There'll Be War If They Rig This Election, Says Uche Secondus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

There'll Be Another Civil War If Nigeria Breaks Up With Biafra –Emir Of Argungu by KEVIND: 7:28pm On Oct 09, 2019
Alhaji Samaila Muhammed Mera, the Emir of Argungu, has warned that Nigeria risks another devastating civil war if the calls for the country’s break up are not halted.

The first class monarch and foremost traditional ruler said the nation is better off as one entity.

The monarch pointed out that if Nigeria was separated today, each of these ethnic groups would start rising against each other, waging supremacy war and this would lead to another civil war.

He said, “I am not a constitutional lawyer or politician. Whatever restructuring would take place in this country, my sincere advice is that we are better off to remain one Nigeria than divided into pieces,” he was quoted by Sun.

“I keep on telling my friends in the South-East, South-South regions of Nigeria that it will be a sad day for me whenever any one of them would have to collect visa before they could visit me. There is strength in number, unity.

“We are over 150 million now in term of our population and there was a forecast that before end of this century, Nigeria’s population would exceed 300 million making us the most populous nation behind China and Indian.

“If you look around the world today, the most successful nations are those with highest population. Like I said, our problem is that we are not patient with our leaders.

“Just imagine, if Igbo break away, how many land space do they have? The same thing with Yoruba, the same thing with us in the Northern region.

“Every part of this country has something to offer to other regions. We are better the way we are now. Whatever our grievances are, let us embrace dialogue and address our differences.

“Whenever I hear our people are agitating for Biafra here, another region calling for break up, I feel sad.

“We must not forget what happened to Albania, Yugoslavia, and others when they separated into seven nations.

“Their country was the most vibrant nation in Europe in term of economy. But today, they are small nations with inadequate resources to cater for their citizens.

“This should be a big lesson to us. If we break up, all of us would suffer for it, because we have many ethnic groups and tribes across the country.

“If we were separated today, each of these ethnic groups would start rising against each other, waging supremacy war.

“May God forbid, that would be the beginning of civil war. Instead, we should continue to pray for our leaders, unite for the country’s survival and development.

“We need to fully tap our potential. We were made to understand that Zamfara state is the richest state in Nigeria in term of gold deposits.

“Have we fully utilized this potential? Also Kebbi state is blessed with gold and other mineral resources.

“In fact, each state across Nigeria has two or more natural resources that could change the economy of this country for better. We were also told that there are large deposits of gas in the Northeast.

“Let us bring all these potentials out, utilise them and I am optimistic that all these threats of breaking away, restructuring and others would be history in our country.”

https://dailypost.ng/2019/10/05/emir-reveals-may-lead-another-civil-war-nigeria/
Re: There'll Be Another Civil War If Nigeria Breaks Up With Biafra –Emir Of Argungu by kinzation(m): 7:29pm On Oct 09, 2019

True though

Nigeria shouldn't bother or think of splitting up
Re: There'll Be Another Civil War If Nigeria Breaks Up With Biafra –Emir Of Argungu by Generalnomercy: 7:33pm On Oct 09, 2019
Only of Igbos are given their rightful place in Nigeria...

7 Likes

Re: There'll Be Another Civil War If Nigeria Breaks Up With Biafra –Emir Of Argungu by Nobody: 7:34pm On Oct 09, 2019
S*hut the f*uck up man

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: There'll Be Another Civil War If Nigeria Breaks Up With Biafra –Emir Of Argungu by gurujoe(m): 7:37pm On Oct 09, 2019
Where there is no unity and inclusiveness they are bounds to be wars. The Housa, Igbo and Yoruba must come together to move this country ahead. Anyone one trying to undo the other is calling for chaose

1 Like

Re: There'll Be Another Civil War If Nigeria Breaks Up With Biafra –Emir Of Argungu by festacman(m): 7:38pm On Oct 09, 2019
God bless Alhaji Samaila Muhammed Mera, the Emir of Argungu for those words of wisdom. Nigeria is bigger and better together although more should be done to give every every one a sense of belonging.
Re: There'll Be Another Civil War If Nigeria Breaks Up With Biafra –Emir Of Argungu by ProSongWriter: 7:38pm On Oct 09, 2019
They are always scared... Lol.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: There'll Be Another Civil War If Nigeria Breaks Up With Biafra –Emir Of Argungu by OfoIgbo: 7:39pm On Oct 09, 2019
It will seem as though since I advised Junaid to jump into the Argungu, the emir of Argungu has seen it worthwhile to get into this Biafran argument grin grin grin grin HRH must be reading my writings fervently cool cool cool cool

As I've written previously, the ball is on the side of the court of the north. Igbos have drawn a line. 2023 presidential primaries better bring up Igbo presidential candidates in the major parties, otherwise a chain of events that will lead to the final breakup of the nation would have been kicked off.

5 Likes

Re: There'll Be Another Civil War If Nigeria Breaks Up With Biafra –Emir Of Argungu by Nobody: 7:41pm On Oct 09, 2019
kinzation:
True though
Nigeria shouldn't bother or think of splitting up

Are you okay?

I know you must be a yoruba man..
I don't know what this unity preaching has brought to you guys...haba..

6 Likes

Re: There'll Be Another Civil War If Nigeria Breaks Up With Biafra –Emir Of Argungu by Nobody: 7:44pm On Oct 09, 2019
“I keep on telling my friends in the South-East, South-South regions of Nigeria that it will be a sad day for me whenever any one of them would have to collect visa before they could visit me. There is strength in number, unity.

Please stay in your Argungun, nobody is coming to see you...

We are not coming....Inukwa visiting..

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: There'll Be Another Civil War If Nigeria Breaks Up With Biafra –Emir Of Argungu by hisgrace090: 7:45pm On Oct 09, 2019
There is war already in Nigeria due to injustice.

2 months after closure of Enugu airport for runway prepare report reaching us is that the fed gov have done nothing in that place but if its elsewhere they'll work day and night.

Emir should call them to do the right thing now.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: There'll Be Another Civil War If Nigeria Breaks Up With Biafra –Emir Of Argungu by valentineuwakwe(m): 7:45pm On Oct 09, 2019
Sincerely this Emir is right. ....He is the first one to sincerely say the truth about our oneness but we need to address certain injustices and iron out past grievances. ..I don't knw of you but I still believe in this country...
Nigeria we hail thee!

1 Like

Re: There'll Be Another Civil War If Nigeria Breaks Up With Biafra –Emir Of Argungu by meeky007(m): 7:45pm On Oct 09, 2019
ProSongWriter:
They are always scared... Lol.
yes ooo Unity beggars everywhere

2 Likes

Re: There'll Be Another Civil War If Nigeria Breaks Up With Biafra –Emir Of Argungu by Mightyhaiz: 7:47pm On Oct 09, 2019
Champion an equitable Nigeria instead of writing meaningless epistles

8 Likes

Re: There'll Be Another Civil War If Nigeria Breaks Up With Biafra –Emir Of Argungu by BuhariAdvocate: 7:48pm On Oct 09, 2019
Honestly the greatest problem we have in Nigeria is unemployment .people are really suffering and it's not created by this present government. If elites could help the poor i think this nonsense will stop.
Re: There'll Be Another Civil War If Nigeria Breaks Up With Biafra –Emir Of Argungu by BuhariAdvocate: 7:50pm On Oct 09, 2019
There's no grievance in anywhere if all Nigerians living a good life you will not see agitation in anywhere.
valentineuwakwe:
Sincerely this Emir is right. ....He is the first one to sincerely say the truth about our oneness but we need to address certain injustices and iron out past grievances. ..I don't knw of you but I still believe in this country...
Nigeria we hail thee!
Re: There'll Be Another Civil War If Nigeria Breaks Up With Biafra –Emir Of Argungu by Zikora1000(f): 7:51pm On Oct 09, 2019
Emir of Argungu, I don't have anything to tell you. let me reserve my words for my Igbo brothers that will be stupid enough to apply for visa just to visit you when Biafra comes. mana oburukwa ma Biafra oga abia, oga abia! maka na ukwa lu o oge ya, oga adariri!

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: There'll Be Another Civil War If Nigeria Breaks Up With Biafra –Emir Of Argungu by Racoon(m): 7:54pm On Oct 09, 2019
Nigeria have always been @ war since pre-independence because the forced marriage of Lord Lugard have never and will never work.

How can Nigeria make progress with a country that is unjustly skewed towards sustaining some feudal powerlords in govt @ the expense of others?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: There'll Be Another Civil War If Nigeria Breaks Up With Biafra –Emir Of Argungu by austinsmat(m): 7:57pm On Oct 09, 2019
The problems with northerners it that they knows the true, fairness and equity is the secret.

2 Likes

Re: There'll Be Another Civil War If Nigeria Breaks Up With Biafra –Emir Of Argungu by mabea: 7:58pm On Oct 09, 2019
valentineuwakwe:
Nigeria we hail thee!
Are you really sure of what you just typed? Any institution that keeps doing the same thing over and over again without changing tactics or method will no doubt produce the same result. I ask again are you sure Nigeria is redeemable in view of present realities?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: There'll Be Another Civil War If Nigeria Breaks Up With Biafra –Emir Of Argungu by Uyomeyouyo: 8:03pm On Oct 09, 2019
OfoIgbo:
It will seem as though since I advised Junaid to jump into the Argungu, the emir of Argungu has seen it worthwhile to get into this Biafran argument grin grin grin grin HRH must be reading my writings fervently cool cool cool cool

As I've written previously, the ball is on the side of the court of the north. Igbos have drawn a line. 2023 presidential primaries better bring up Igbo presidential candidates in the major parties, otherwise a chain of events that will lead to the final breakup of the nation would have been kicked off.

@bolded Who are you deceiving

Who doesn't know Igbos are desperately yearning for VP to a Fulani grin
Re: There'll Be Another Civil War If Nigeria Breaks Up With Biafra –Emir Of Argungu by gidgiddy: 8:04pm On Oct 09, 2019
The Northerners are not fooling anyone. They reason they want Nigeria to stay united is not put of love but out of love of "free oil money"

Had this Oil been in the North, the North would have declared 'Arewa Republic long before Ojukwu declared Biafra

“If you look around the world today, the most successful nations are those with highest population. Like I said, our problem is that we are not patient with our leaders.

Just imagine, if Igbo break away, how many land space do they have?

Somebody should tell this man that Switzerland has a population of just 8 million people and is roughly the size of Abia state and Enugu state combined. Yet Switzerland is the 13th richest country in the world and has a higher GDP than Nigeria. You can have all the land and population in the world, what matters is what you have to offer. Bigger does not always mean better and in the case of Nigeria, bigger has meant disaster

Let Northerners stop deceiving anyone, their love of "One Nigeria" does not go beyond 'Oil'

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: There'll Be Another Civil War If Nigeria Breaks Up With Biafra –Emir Of Argungu by Earthquake1: 8:11pm On Oct 09, 2019
These people are really concerned about Biafra

We are breaking up whether you like it or not

Idiot!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: There'll Be Another Civil War If Nigeria Breaks Up With Biafra –Emir Of Argungu by helinues: 8:12pm On Oct 09, 2019
Emir of what?
Re: There'll Be Another Civil War If Nigeria Breaks Up With Biafra –Emir Of Argungu by Earthquake1: 8:13pm On Oct 09, 2019
[s]
festacman:
God bless Alhaji Samaila Muhammed Mera, the Emir of Argungu for those words of wisdom. Nigeria is bigger and better together although more should be done to give every every one a sense of belonging.
[/s]

We don't want to do again is it by force??

Unity beggar

4 Likes

Re: There'll Be Another Civil War If Nigeria Breaks Up With Biafra –Emir Of Argungu by Earthquake1: 8:16pm On Oct 09, 2019
By 2023 I will conduct a referendum in all the Igbo states, if the results are successful we respectfully seceed

The union has not worked

4 Likes

Re: There'll Be Another Civil War If Nigeria Breaks Up With Biafra –Emir Of Argungu by Nobody: 8:25pm On Oct 09, 2019
No Wonder their plan is to mount 50+ toll gates all over south east so as to perfect their genocide plans.

4 Likes

Re: There'll Be Another Civil War If Nigeria Breaks Up With Biafra –Emir Of Argungu by meccuno: 8:28pm On Oct 09, 2019
[s]
KEVIND:
Alhaji Samaila Muhammed Mera, the Emir of Argungu, has warned that Nigeria risks another devastating civil war if the calls for the country’s break up are not halted.

The first class monarch and foremost traditional ruler said the nation is better off as one entity.

The monarch pointed out that if Nigeria was separated today, each of these ethnic groups would start rising against each other, waging supremacy war and this would lead to another civil war.

He said, “I am not a constitutional lawyer or politician. Whatever restructuring would take place in this country, my sincere advice is that we are better off to remain one Nigeria than divided into pieces,” he was quoted by Sun.

“We are over 150 million now in term of our population and there was a forecast that before end of this century, Nigeria’s population would exceed 300 million making us the most populous nation behind China and Indian.

“Just imagine, if Igbo break away, how many land space do they have? The same thing with Yoruba, the same thing with us in the Northern region.

“Every part of this country has something to offer to other regions. We are better the way we are now. Whatever our grievances are, let us embrace dialogue and address our differences.

“Whenever I hear our people are agitating for Biafra here, another region calling for break up, I feel sad.

“We must not forget what happened to Albania, Yugoslavia, and others when they separated into seven nations.

“Their country was the most vibrant nation in Europe in term of economy. But today, they are small nations with inadequate resources to cater for their citizens.

“This should be a big lesson to us. If we break up, all of us would suffer for it, because we have many ethnic groups and tribes across the country.

“If we were separated today, each of these ethnic groups would start rising against each other, waging supremacy war.

“May God forbid, that would be the beginning of civil war. Instead, we should continue to pray for our leaders, unite for the country’s survival and development.

“We need to fully tap our potential. We were made to understand that Zamfara state is the richest state in Nigeria in term of gold deposits.

“Have we fully utilized this potential? Also Kebbi state is blessed with gold and other mineral resources.

“In fact, each state across Nigeria has two or more natural resources that could change the economy of this country for better. We were also told that there are large deposits of gas in the Northeast.

“Let us bring all these potentials out, utilise them and I am optimistic that all these threats of breaking away, restructuring and others would be history in our country.”

https://dailypost.ng/2019/10/05/emir-reveals-may-lead-another-civil-war-nigeria/
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: There'll Be Another Civil War If Nigeria Breaks Up With Biafra –Emir Of Argungu by LOMBARDY(m): 8:29pm On Oct 09, 2019
All I hear him talking about is population population population...what has population done for us?? The China and India you're salivating about, can you compare it with Nigeria??

U don't want to do the right thing, but you're afraid of secession...

This one Biafrans are even doing sef is small...when I pioneer our own secession, the world will be shocked...

I'll make us available in any terms you want, be it forcefully or peacefully..

Rubbish!!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: There'll Be Another Civil War If Nigeria Breaks Up With Biafra –Emir Of Argungu by kinzation(m): 8:29pm On Oct 09, 2019
MelesZenawi:

Are you okay?

I know you must be a yoruba man..

I don't know what this unity preaching has brought to you guys...haba..
A quick question for you.

What is/are the benefits we stand to derive if we all go our separate ways?
Re: There'll Be Another Civil War If Nigeria Breaks Up With Biafra –Emir Of Argungu by meccuno: 8:29pm On Oct 09, 2019
[s]
festacman:
[/s]

1 Like

Re: There'll Be Another Civil War If Nigeria Breaks Up With Biafra –Emir Of Argungu by buhariguy(m): 8:29pm On Oct 09, 2019
That is why biafra wil never come to pass

(1) (2) (Reply)

"Yahoo Boys Association"- Woman Police Yells At Protesters In Benin- PICS/VIDEO / SE/SS should not join the south west endcow campaign yet / How Olayomi Koiki Media Betrayed Igboho?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.