Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,810 members, 7,802,599 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:05 PM

4 Days Vacation In Ghana - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 4 Days Vacation In Ghana (2612 Views)

Tourists On Vacation In Africa See Python Inside Their Engine(video+pic) / Perfect Vacation In Badagry / How To Have A Nice Vacation In Ghana? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Days Vacation In Ghana by laserboy(m): 8:32pm On Nov 05, 2010
Hello N/Ls, I am planning to have a four day vacation in Ghana this Xmas. Can someone kindly tell me where and how to get hotels ranging from N5,000 - N10,000? I'll be travelling with my wife and baby girl. I really need you guys to help me out, thanks.
Re: 4 Days Vacation In Ghana by Abrantie: 8:00pm On Nov 06, 2010
Re: 4 Days Vacation In Ghana by Quincy1(m): 10:43pm On Nov 06, 2010
@ Poster,

Contact titi.travels.tours@gmail.com for assistance and tour guide.
Read similar thread: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-70164.160.html
Re: 4 Days Vacation In Ghana by laserboy(m): 6:08pm On Nov 07, 2010
@ Abrantie, thanks so very much as the link you gave me gave me answers to my questions.
I finally made my reservation with Meaglent Hotel. Accra, Ghana. you can check them out @ http://meaglent.com/

Their on-line service is excellent as I got my confirmation in less than 5 mins.

I hope to gist you more about them when I return. Once more BIG thanks to you Abrantie.
Re: 4 Days Vacation In Ghana by Abrantie: 8:59pm On Nov 07, 2010
Well, glad you found one you like but be aware the hotel is not in Accra central. It's a bit "remote" to my liking, but that may be perfect for you. Actually, it's on the way to Aburi, home of the Aburi Botanical Gardens (http://www.google.com.gh/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=Aburi+Gardens&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=). That road is under construction so traffic can be a b*tch so you'd have to plan your daily schedule to avoid unnecessary trips back and forth to the hotel.
Re: 4 Days Vacation In Ghana by laserboy(m): 9:12pm On Nov 07, 2010
@ Abrantie, Guess you live in Ghana. Which hotel in accra withing $50-$80 would u recomend?
Pls i need ur assistance.
Re: 4 Days Vacation In Ghana by Abrantie: 9:53pm On Nov 07, 2010
Your initial selection is nice, but I'm not sure how you intend to spend all 4 days. If you'd be visiting other towns (I prefer to use "towns" instead of "cities") then you could split your reservations into various hotels for your convenience.

Frankies Hotel & Restaurant is in a great location, in the thick of things at a decent price.

One which is not listed (and I'm sure a lot are not) is called Maple Leaf Hotel in Achimota (Kingsby). I've never stayed there but it can't be more than $60. I have a girlfriend who lives around there and I like the neighborhood. I think there's also a Nigerian presence in the area because I usually stroll past a Nigerian restaurant near Kingsby circle.

Regardless, your first choice is good. A cab ride from there to Accra proper should be around $7-$10 so you can budget for that.
Re: 4 Days Vacation In Ghana by laserboy(m): 9:22pm On Nov 08, 2010
@ Abrantie, thanks bro. Actually I love the interiors and everything about Meaglent Hotels. I started having doubts wen u said dat the access road is bad and that it is not situated in Accra town. Could u pls tell me, how many minutes drive from there to accra central and and how far is it from Labadi Beach? Thanks for your great infos and assistance sp far. Hoping to read from u soon. CHEERS!!!

I dont know if it will be possible for u to give me ur cell numb. I could call you so we can have detailed discussion about this whole thing bothering me. Thanks.
Re: 4 Days Vacation In Ghana by Abrantie: 1:24pm On Nov 11, 2010
From Meaglent to Accra CBD or Labadi, by taxi/private car, should take about 1 hr, between the hours of 8AM to 8PM (M-Sat). Labadi beach is popular but gets crowded on not very clean at times. However, you can still have fun if there are events on the day you choose to go. If you're willing to be adventurous, there are nicer beaches just outside Accra, with accommodation.

laserboy, I'm usually on NL so no need for cell contact.

http://www.world66.com/africa/ghana/beaches

The above site doesn't list coco beach, which I'd recommend, and it's located near sakumono / Tema area -- not too far from Labadi.
Re: 4 Days Vacation In Ghana by thameamead(f): 2:00pm On Dec 14, 2010
Re: 4 Days Vacation In Ghana by janetjane(m): 12:48pm On Dec 21, 2010
pls can you say anything on hostels in ghana for someone like me ,who will prefer staying in an hostel over there??/ will be waiting to hear from you,
Re: 4 Days Vacation In Ghana by tatafla(m): 3:16pm On Dec 22, 2010
For hostels check out the Salvation Army hostel at Osu, I think it is cool

(1) (Reply)

Is 3 Million Naira Enough To Move To Uk Or Europe ? / She Left A High Paying Job In Nigeria For USA / All Five People Onboard Titanic Sub Are All Very Sadly Dead, Ocean Gate Confirms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.