Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,448 members, 7,808,600 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:06 PM

NIPOST Mail Network Collapses Nationwide As Contractors Withdraw Vehicles - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / NIPOST Mail Network Collapses Nationwide As Contractors Withdraw Vehicles (16454 Views)

Spar Shopping Mall In Calabar Collapses, Customers Feared Trapped (Video) / JUST IN: Shoprite Closes Down Nationwide, As Workers Fear For Their Lives / FIRS, NIPOST Battle Over Control Of Stamp Duties Funds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NIPOST Mail Network Collapses Nationwide As Contractors Withdraw Vehicles by dontbothermuch: 7:56am On Oct 10, 2019
veramani31:
This is very bad. I can imagine many lost and stolen parcels. How is this even possible that you don't pay for a service rendered.
sad

I tell you. So many parcel on transit would be lost, even the ones that recently reached the post office. I trust nipost guys what they can do.
Re: NIPOST Mail Network Collapses Nationwide As Contractors Withdraw Vehicles by soullove1881(m): 7:58am On Oct 10, 2019
helinues:
Has NIPOST been working before?

Be well informed first!!!.

Sending mail through Nipost is like handling your packages to Sloth to deliver for you
Re: NIPOST Mail Network Collapses Nationwide As Contractors Withdraw Vehicles by helinues: 7:58am On Oct 10, 2019
Odunolumide:

lies

Are you a Nipost staff
Re: NIPOST Mail Network Collapses Nationwide As Contractors Withdraw Vehicles by Rexnegro(m): 7:58am On Oct 10, 2019
Mutemenot:
As if they were functional before . The worst mistake I made was using Nipost to receive a package from Europe. It took over 2 months and several calls to get to my location .
yours is even better don't let me say what happened to us cos the narration is annoying and almost unending story. nipost ? never again since we discovered a much more better option
Re: NIPOST Mail Network Collapses Nationwide As Contractors Withdraw Vehicles by Blue3k(m): 7:58am On Oct 10, 2019
The postal service relies on the partnership with about 10 private partners who provide trucks for the daily distribution of mail and parcels to all parts of Nigeria.

Nigeria can budget money to buy politicans cares every year but not the NIPOST? These guys hsve their priorities outbof wack.
Re: NIPOST Mail Network Collapses Nationwide As Contractors Withdraw Vehicles by Theoarhics: 8:02am On Oct 10, 2019
TheGiftedOne:
So long as
FEDEX
UPS
DHL
TRANEX
etc are still floating, no probs. But pls how much would it cost to send a parcel to SA? Who has an idea?
last I checked it was 27k
Re: NIPOST Mail Network Collapses Nationwide As Contractors Withdraw Vehicles by dayleke: 8:03am On Oct 10, 2019
Odunolumide:

yes and efficient. My dad once sent me something and I received it the next day.

Seriously?
I don already put them for stuffs like "Ori Olokun" or "Oranmiyan staff", "National theater" at al.
Re: NIPOST Mail Network Collapses Nationwide As Contractors Withdraw Vehicles by Dannieln1: 8:03am On Oct 10, 2019
3rdavefarms:
Yes we told them never to vote for someone who doesn’t understand how Governement work , who doesn’t believe in working systems but they refused us , they voted against us, they fight us , now see where everything grounded Us all

Will Nigeria be great Again ?
Nigeria will NEVER be great again
Re: NIPOST Mail Network Collapses Nationwide As Contractors Withdraw Vehicles by sinkhole: 8:03am On Oct 10, 2019
They better not crash now as my parcel from aliexpress is on its way shocked
Re: NIPOST Mail Network Collapses Nationwide As Contractors Withdraw Vehicles by Naijaarchive(m): 8:04am On Oct 10, 2019
My AliExpress shipment undecided

Where is the revenue now going... Considering its owned by the government...
Re: NIPOST Mail Network Collapses Nationwide As Contractors Withdraw Vehicles by handsomeyinka(m): 8:04am On Oct 10, 2019
TheGiftedOne:
So long as
FEDEX
UPS
DHL
TRANEX
etc are still floating, no probs. But pls how much would it cost to send a parcel to SA? Who has an idea?
Ask xenophobia rider
Re: NIPOST Mail Network Collapses Nationwide As Contractors Withdraw Vehicles by nauto6: 8:04am On Oct 10, 2019
Nawa
Re: NIPOST Mail Network Collapses Nationwide As Contractors Withdraw Vehicles by nlPoster: 8:04am On Oct 10, 2019
Ember months.
Re: NIPOST Mail Network Collapses Nationwide As Contractors Withdraw Vehicles by icedbreez(m): 8:05am On Oct 10, 2019
GidiWoodsMan:
Nigeria will probably collapse before the cow-mallam is done.

You greatly underestimate Nigeria my brother, we survived Sani Abacha didn't we?

Nigeria is made of pure leather. Low quality but made to last.
Re: NIPOST Mail Network Collapses Nationwide As Contractors Withdraw Vehicles by engrfaruq(m): 8:07am On Oct 10, 2019
AutoJoshNG:
Nigeria Postal Service (NIPOST) is currently experiencing a nationwide collapse in distributing mails, parcels and cargo as their private partners withdraw operational vehicles over non-payment for services rendered over many months.

The postal service relies on the partnership with about 10 private partners who provide trucks for the daily distribution of mail and parcels to all parts of Nigeria.

In an attempt to get NIPOST management to clear arrears of payments for services which have run into four months, the mail and parcel haulers embarked on an indefinite strike on Monday morning.

It was learnt that the notice issued to the organisation over the outstanding charges expired Sunday night with no attempt made by the management to convince the operators not to withdraw their vehicles which constitute a vital link in the discharge of NIPOST’s core mandate of efficient and timely mail movement across the country

Mrs. Lorretto Nwakanma who is NIPOST Chief Operating Officer had no comment when she was contacted. However, she directed all enquiries to the Corporate Communications Manager, who she later assured would revert with information on the development.

Also contacted on phone, the General Manager of NIPOST’s Mail Route Network, Mr. Yalpilami, confirmed that the 10 transport companies collaborating with the organisation in the mail movement partnership, commenced a nationwide strike Monday, but declined further comments.

“Of course, they have withdrawn their services, but that is all I can tell you. To get any further information, you have to contact our headquarters in Abuja. I am not in a position to give you the information you are asking for,” Yalpilami said.

According to some concerned observers, this nationwide collapse would be injurious to business transactions and the economy if not addressed swiftly.

A source at the NIPOST Shomolu zonal office informed our reporter that the partnership with the haulers would be lapsing in a few weeks. He added that refusal to pay the four-month arrears might be the management’s subtle way of signaling to the present private partners that their contracts might not be renewed in order to pave way for fresh logistics companies.

https://autojosh.com/nipost-mail-route-network-collapses-nationwide/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun

Hmm
Re: NIPOST Mail Network Collapses Nationwide As Contractors Withdraw Vehicles by SoNature(m): 8:09am On Oct 10, 2019
Mutemenot:
As if they were functional before . The worst mistake I made was using Nipost to receive a package from Europe. It took over 2 months and several calls to get to my location .

It's functional, but just not efficient.

I picked up my Payoneer card from Germany at Nipost this Monday.

Just like you, I made lots of calls. Nobody informed me that they were in possession of the card.

Went to Ketu, Ikeja and Ojodu Berger post offices grin

I noticed that they weren't organized.

But I like the fact that one baba I met at Ikeja office kept ressasuring that nothing would happen to my card...that knowing the exact office where it was would only take some time.

The next time I visit Ikeja, I will give that man something..we need more of such people in this country.

I had the options of choosing between Nipost ($13) or DHL ($40). As a Naija boy, I went for Nipost. Finally, it took me nearly a month to pick it up. DHL was one week guaranteed. grin

However, God knows I won't make that mistake receiving stuff through Nipost again. grin
Re: NIPOST Mail Network Collapses Nationwide As Contractors Withdraw Vehicles by bamdexfarms(m): 8:11am On Oct 10, 2019
oz4real83:
in sane societies, govt-owned institutions compete side by side with private ones. This gives you freedom of choice. It also helps to reduce cost because if the cost of the private businesses and services are too expensive, people will go to govt-owned ones which are normally cheaper. We can't kill public institutions all because private ones that you mentioned are around.

Good point. Here in Germany, DHL is government owned and it is the best and cheapest.
Re: NIPOST Mail Network Collapses Nationwide As Contractors Withdraw Vehicles by cicero(m): 8:15am On Oct 10, 2019
Ahh everything about Nigeria get major issue, what is all these? I hope the black nations of the world are not designed to be colonized before they can make progress?
Re: NIPOST Mail Network Collapses Nationwide As Contractors Withdraw Vehicles by Nobody: 8:16am On Oct 10, 2019
Mutemenot:
Silly attitude, just to condemn your beloved country.
Have you heard about a letter that took over 80 years to reach it destination in US?
Do mail delivery service work in most American inner drug, crime ridden cities?
In the UK a letter was posted in Nov 19, 1919 and it arrived it's destination in 2008 that is 89 years
Talk is cheap in Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIPOST Mail Network Collapses Nationwide As Contractors Withdraw Vehicles by TheGiftedOne(m): 8:23am On Oct 10, 2019
Blakjewelry:

Those guys you mentioned their price will murder you except you are not using them for business, na all these local courier company sure pass

Please which local one do you recommend. I had contracted NIPOST before but they said destination SA is on hold. But I really need to send the parcel.
Re: NIPOST Mail Network Collapses Nationwide As Contractors Withdraw Vehicles by Royalfurnitures: 8:24am On Oct 10, 2019
If NIPOST like, let them close down completely, Nigerians already have alternatives to their services

Check out my signature for quality and durable furniture for your homes and offices
Re: NIPOST Mail Network Collapses Nationwide As Contractors Withdraw Vehicles by ArticleBeast: 8:27am On Oct 10, 2019
helinues:

Are you a Nipost staff
Lies. I use them all the time and they have always delivered. I guess your location crew are thieves

1 Like

Re: NIPOST Mail Network Collapses Nationwide As Contractors Withdraw Vehicles by litaninja(m): 8:28am On Oct 10, 2019
Lmao
Re: NIPOST Mail Network Collapses Nationwide As Contractors Withdraw Vehicles by govomotors: 9:04am On Oct 10, 2019
Was about asking the same question.
Re: NIPOST Mail Network Collapses Nationwide As Contractors Withdraw Vehicles by GianlucaVerde(m): 9:14am On Oct 10, 2019
itswell10:
Chaiiiii. My aliexpress ooooooooooooooooo

Abeg what's the implication on Aliexpress shipping?
Re: NIPOST Mail Network Collapses Nationwide As Contractors Withdraw Vehicles by Gazzy88(m): 9:22am On Oct 10, 2019
GianlucaVerde:

Abeg what's the implication on Aliexpress shipping?
Relax even they steal your items, you can always get a refund from aliexpress but I doubt it. I've been using nipost for 4 years now and the experience have been great. I even have an insider that alerts me whenever my items arrive. Currently have up to 30 items incoming via nipost.

2 Likes

Re: NIPOST Mail Network Collapses Nationwide As Contractors Withdraw Vehicles by mokt(m): 9:22am On Oct 10, 2019
Omo, I no fit laugh or vex. I'm glad Iv not used this werey people to enter wahala last week.
Re: NIPOST Mail Network Collapses Nationwide As Contractors Withdraw Vehicles by Mutemenot(m): 9:23am On Oct 10, 2019
indigene:

Have you heard about a letter that took over 80 years to reach it destination in US?
In the UK a letter was posted in Nov 19, 1919 and it arrived it destination in 2008 that is 89 years
Talk is cheap in Nigeria

My friend keep off, Nipost is the worst Courier to speak of.
Re: NIPOST Mail Network Collapses Nationwide As Contractors Withdraw Vehicles by capitalzero: 9:24am On Oct 10, 2019
oz4real83:
in sane societies, govt-owned institutions compete side by side with private ones. This gives you freedom of choice. It also helps to reduce cost because if the cost of the private businesses and services are too expensive, people will go to govt-owned ones which are normally cheaper. We can't kill public institutions all because private ones that you mentioned are around.

very correct. for poor people
Re: NIPOST Mail Network Collapses Nationwide As Contractors Withdraw Vehicles by capitalzero: 9:27am On Oct 10, 2019
indigene:

In the UK a letter was posted in Nov 19, 1919 and it arrived it destination in 2008 that is 89 years
Talk is cheap in Nigeria

Do not mind them. nipost is not as bad as people think

1 Like

Re: NIPOST Mail Network Collapses Nationwide As Contractors Withdraw Vehicles by Nobody: 9:28am On Oct 10, 2019
icedbreez:

You greatly underestimate Nigeria my brother, we survived Sani Abacha didn't we?

Nigeria is made of pure leather. Low quality but made to last.

I will let you in on the big secret of Nigeria (even though it's hidden in plain sight):

In the event those crooks in Abuja are unable to sell crude oil for a straight period of a month max, Nigeria will collapse into complete anarchy. The only thing propping this country up is oil revenue.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How a Novice Started Making Money on Amazon KDP. / Inflation Soars To 21.82% Amid Naira Redesign / 18 African Countries Grew GDP Above 5% In 2017—afdb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.