Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,035 members, 7,807,102 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:33 AM

Should I Still Go Back To The First Job That Rejected Me? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Still Go Back To The First Job That Rejected Me? (470 Views)

Can You Take A Job That Pays Less Than N50,000 As A BSc Holder? / Police Honour Garba Rabo And Jamilu Buhari Who Rejected N1 Million Bribe / Meet Abdullahi Lawal, EFCC Official Who Rejected N100M Bribe From Chinese (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Still Go Back To The First Job That Rejected Me? by Omuneizzy6(m): 11:23pm On Oct 10, 2019
Hello Nairalanders, I went for a little commercial break. for now I'm back missed you guys.

Please help me Out.
Early part of this year I submitted an application to a school, which I was invited for an interview after waiting for some time.
I went there but the interview was to form any topic of your choice and teach for five minutes, though other test was given. I tried my best even in the area of class and time management. but the mistake I made during the interview was to punish a student by asking him to kneel down..

After the interview the proprietor called me and counted all my errors but he really emphasizes in the area of punishing a student. he also advised me not to be too aggressive to that extend incase I go to somewhere else to teach.by this statement I noticed I'm off already. but then its too late to apologize.. he said I will hear from them. later I found out that they have recruited the person of their choice.

Before the beginning of this first term I met a lady, she was complaining that she needs a teacher in her school. I told her I can try, I hate to show up, she asked me to bring my papers which I did. later she asked me to come and start teaching immediately.

Some weeks later I saw that man that said I will hear from him in my school. talking with my proprietress in her office maybe they are friends.

I don't know what they discussed. this man has been calling me to come and teach in his school that the person they recruited is not that serious.

CEO's we should not judge a book by its cover.
little mistakes can be corrected..

concerning the payment, the man told me 25k while my proprietress started with 19k
should I go back or stay put?.
Re: Should I Still Go Back To The First Job That Rejected Me? by Nobody: 11:40pm On Oct 10, 2019
Omuneizzy6:
Hello Nairalanders, I went for a little commercial break. for now I'm back missed you guys.

Please help me Out.
Early part of this year I submitted an application to a school, which I was invited for an interview after waiting for some time.
I went there but the interview was to form any topic of your choice and teach for five minutes, though other test was given. I tried my best even in the area of class and time management. but the mistake I made during the interview was to punish a student by asking him to kneel down..

After the interview the proprietor called me and counted all my errors but he really emphasizes in the area of punishing a student. he also advised me not to be too aggressive to that extend incase I go to somewhere else to teach.by this statement I noticed I'm off already. but then its too late to apologize.. he said I will hear from them. later I found out that they have recruited the person of their choice.

Before the beginning of this first term I met a lady, she was complaining that she needs a teacher in her school. I told her I can try, I hate to show up, she asked me to bring my papers which I did. later she asked me to come and start teaching immediately.

Some weeks later I saw that man that said I will hear from him in my school. talking with my proprietress in her office maybe they are friends.

I don't know what they discussed. this man has been calling me to come and teach in his school that the person they recruited is not that serious.

CEO's we should not judge a book by its cover.
little mistakes can be corrected..

concerning the payment, the man told me 25k while my proprietress started with 19k
should I go back or stay put?.

A very nice opportunity to demonstrate your worth. Don't turn down the offer outrightly, this is what you should do:
Tell him 25k is not OK for you to switch over, tell him you can accept the offer if the pay is 36k
Do that and watch his reaction.

But why did you punish a student in an interview? Lol I was in a secondary school during my NYSC I did not punish anyone throughout my stay.
Re: Should I Still Go Back To The First Job That Rejected Me? by pocohantas(f): 11:50pm On Oct 10, 2019

It is well...
God help the Nigerian graduate.
Re: Should I Still Go Back To The First Job That Rejected Me? by MrBrownJay1(m): 12:13am On Oct 11, 2019
Yeah...i would also suggest you try to get a bit more (salary wise)
Re: Should I Still Go Back To The First Job That Rejected Me? by HarunaWest(m): 12:22am On Oct 11, 2019
pocohantas:

It is well...
God help the Nigerian graduate.
Amen ..pray for us

1 Like

Re: Should I Still Go Back To The First Job That Rejected Me? by doggedfighter(f): 7:54am On Oct 11, 2019
Are both jobs worth it?

(1) (Reply)

One Most Precious Resource You Should Be Very Smart With In Your Career / Commercial LED Outdoor Lighting / Oil Will Still Be Relevant In The World For The Next 50yrs To Come.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.