Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:31 AM

Pictures From Onitsha Youth Ofala Carnival - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Pictures From Onitsha Youth Ofala Carnival (19943 Views)

Pictures From Ofala Festival In Anambra State / Onitsha Ofala Festival Of Obi Of Onitsha Kicks Off- PICTURES / Ooni Of Ife Arrives Onitsha For The Obi Of Onitsha Ofala Festival- PICTURES (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures From Onitsha Youth Ofala Carnival by id4sho(m): 1:25pm On Oct 11, 2019
EzekaUdenee:
[s][/s] shatap
Sir yes Sir

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Onitsha Youth Ofala Carnival by Nobody: 1:26pm On Oct 11, 2019
Astark:
onista got it from Benin's, read your history. Check the palace picture of some kings in delta, river bayelsa States and you'll see it. It symbolizes authority in Benin culture

Very wrong.

Even we have Omu Anioma held by woman in Delta state
Re: Pictures From Onitsha Youth Ofala Carnival by EzekaUdenee: 1:27pm On Oct 11, 2019
Astark:
oh i didn't know that one. But why do the women uses that symbol?
not all women ooo
a specific group of women and they held much authority in the society that's why they wear red cap too

Unlike other igbo towns Onitsha people don't joke with that red cap
no matter how highly you're placed or amount of money you have you can't wear it

it's only meant for Onitsha chiefs (ndi ichie), Omu(like that lady is putting on the costume) and the Obi of Onitsha
Re: Pictures From Onitsha Youth Ofala Carnival by EzekaUdenee: 1:27pm On Oct 11, 2019
[s]
id4sho:

Sir yes Sir
[/s]
[s]
id4sho:

make I follow you sharply before I miss out
[/s]
Re: Pictures From Onitsha Youth Ofala Carnival by Astark: 1:28pm On Oct 11, 2019
EzekaUdenee:
not all women ooo
a specific group of women and they held much authority in the society that's why they wear red cap too

Unlike other igbo towns Onitsha people don't joke with that red cap
no matter how highly you're placed or amount of money you have you can't wear it

it's only meant for Onitsha chiefs (ndi ichie), Omu(like that lady is putting on the costume) and the Obi of Onitsha
I meant the staff she's holding not the costume
Re: Pictures From Onitsha Youth Ofala Carnival by EzekaUdenee: 1:30pm On Oct 11, 2019
Astark:
I meant the staff she's holding not the costume
to show you how highly those women are placed

Only the Omu and igwe held that staff

It's part of Onitsha custom also Omu anioma held it too

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Onitsha Youth Ofala Carnival by Sofistcatdmoron: 1:33pm On Oct 11, 2019
id4sho:
So DEVELOPERS have culture?

Re: Pictures From Onitsha Youth Ofala Carnival by FuckDaMods: 1:37pm On Oct 11, 2019
eternityk:

U look up to us like your elder brother
Go and sleep.. We don't think about you fools at all but everytime you will be masturbating with us in your head.
Re: Pictures From Onitsha Youth Ofala Carnival by Sofistcatdmoron: 1:39pm On Oct 11, 2019
Astark:
A woman is not suppose to hold that, very disrespectful to the benins
omu it is held by the female in onitsha south east and onitcha ,,south south

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Onitsha Youth Ofala Carnival by Numismatic(m): 1:40pm On Oct 11, 2019
id4sho:
COPY COPY since time immemorial.
Hausa man horse and Oyibo carriage wagon.

I didn't know I haff sence, sence will not kee me.
Chest beaters, come and beat me.

It's a carnival.. With your windpipe nostrils you still don't have sense..

3 Likes

Re: Pictures From Onitsha Youth Ofala Carnival by Kennyswagz1(m): 1:49pm On Oct 11, 2019
I thought onistha was Dubai. With what am seeing here, it's full of brown roof
Re: Pictures From Onitsha Youth Ofala Carnival by nwanyionitsha: 1:55pm On Oct 11, 2019
Ok

Re: Pictures From Onitsha Youth Ofala Carnival by nwanyionitsha: 1:57pm On Oct 11, 2019
Sofistcatdmoron:

omu it is held by the female in onitsha south east and onitcha ,,south south
Which one is Onitsha South east and south south?
Re: Pictures From Onitsha Youth Ofala Carnival by goaldynman(m): 1:58pm On Oct 11, 2019
eternityk:

Y copying Lagos three statues

Are you saying there are no Yoruba person residing in onisha; who might decide to participate in the carnival?!!
Re: Pictures From Onitsha Youth Ofala Carnival by nonix22(m): 2:00pm On Oct 11, 2019
Onicha Amaka wink
Re: Pictures From Onitsha Youth Ofala Carnival by Sofistcatdmoron: 2:17pm On Oct 11, 2019
nwanyionitsha:
onitsha in anambra state and onitcha in delta
Re: Pictures From Onitsha Youth Ofala Carnival by Kalashnikov102(m): 2:23pm On Oct 11, 2019
EzekaUdenee:
lalasticlala good morning
So you dey here..na me be Kimkomgrin
Re: Pictures From Onitsha Youth Ofala Carnival by Juniorangel(m): 2:45pm On Oct 11, 2019
Ife eji Abu onicha Erika...
Re: Pictures From Onitsha Youth Ofala Carnival by EzekaUdenee: 2:53pm On Oct 11, 2019
nwanyionitsha:
we have Onicha ugbo and onicha olona

the guy is correct

but we're talking about the popular onicha here cheesy
Re: Pictures From Onitsha Youth Ofala Carnival by EzekaUdenee: 2:54pm On Oct 11, 2019
Kalashnikov102:
So you dey here..na me be Kimkomgrin
lol
Re: Pictures From Onitsha Youth Ofala Carnival by FortuneDeGreat(m): 3:06pm On Oct 11, 2019
id4sho:

Go and die, no one is gonna kill you grin grin
Re: Pictures From Onitsha Youth Ofala Carnival by Truthbites: 3:09pm On Oct 11, 2019
LZAA:

You just love mazi kanu and want to venerate him
Immhotep and GMBuharii must hear thisgrin

Wetin be Immohotep?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures From Onitsha Youth Ofala Carnival by Nobody: 3:11pm On Oct 11, 2019
Truthbites:

Wetin be Immohotep?
kiss kiss

Cc lzaa gmbuharii

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pictures From Onitsha Youth Ofala Carnival by buchilino(m): 3:20pm On Oct 11, 2019
id4sho:

NO NEED BEATING U, COS SOMETHING ELSE IS ALREADY DOING DAT 2 U
Re: Pictures From Onitsha Youth Ofala Carnival by LZAA: 3:29pm On Oct 11, 2019
immhotep:

kiss kiss

Cc lzaa gmbuharii
grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures From Onitsha Youth Ofala Carnival by iPhoneRepairer: 4:10pm On Oct 11, 2019
If only Nigeria could tap into the power of tourism
Re: Pictures From Onitsha Youth Ofala Carnival by khalhokage(m): 4:39pm On Oct 11, 2019
Astark:
oh i didn't know that one. But why do the women uses that symbol?

Because it's not Benin culture it's Onitsha culture.

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Onitsha Youth Ofala Carnival by pazienza(m): 5:15pm On Oct 11, 2019
Here is Igwe Orizu Nnewi with the same sword.
Is Nnewi Bini as well?

People should stop this rubbish, mbok.

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Onitsha Youth Ofala Carnival by Nononoble: 5:27pm On Oct 11, 2019
cool
Re: Pictures From Onitsha Youth Ofala Carnival by nwanyionitsha: 10:31pm On Oct 11, 2019
EzekaUdenee:
we have Onicha ugbo and onicha olona

the guy is correct

but we're talking about the popular onicha here cheesy
OK,thought he was talking about the lgs in Anambra.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures From Onitsha Youth Ofala Carnival by nwanyionitsha: 10:32pm On Oct 11, 2019
Sofistcatdmoron:

onitsha in anambra state and onitcha in delta
OK.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma / Important Drums Of The Yoruba People / Giving And Recieving With The Left Hand.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.