Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:55 PM

Train Shutdown: NRC Sympathises With Commuters, Says It Was Due To Construction - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Train Shutdown: NRC Sympathises With Commuters, Says It Was Due To Construction (9411 Views)

Abia Killings: Perpetrators Not Igbo, Ohanaeze Sympathises With Northerners / President Buhari Sympathises With Niger Republic Over Killing Of 137 People / Anambra Explosion: President Buhari Reacts, Sympathises With Victims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Train Shutdown: NRC Sympathises With Commuters, Says It Was Due To Construction by etrouble: 8:16am On Oct 11, 2019
The Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC) on Sunday said it sympathized with train commuters going through pains and difficulties due to the shutdown of daily operations of train services on the existing narrow gauge from Ijoko in Ogun to Ebute Meta-Apapa in Lagos.

Recall that the NRC suspended the daily operations of train services in the axis on Sept. 30. The suspension became necessary to fast track the completion of the new standard gauge, which required shifting of the existing narrow gauge and relaying it to accommodate the standard gauge rail line. The Minister of Transportation, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi, had on Sept. 23, announced November as the deadline for the trial services on the about-to-be- completed Lagos-Ibadan standard gauge rail line. The Lagos District Manager of NRC, Mr. Jerry Oche, told NAN that the corporation was not unconcerned about the difficulties many commuters were going through since the shutdown, urging them to be patient.

Oche, who said that the shutdown would last till mid-November, disclosed that NRC management was working with the contractor, China Civil Engineering Construction Company (CCECC) to deliver the project as projected. “Words cannot express how I feel about what the commuters are going through.

Don’t forget, I always say that it is not much about how much we make, but the services we render to the majority of people. “We bring succour and alleviate the suffering of thousands of Lagos residents. Now that we have shut down, I know a lot of people are having difficulties. “But we are, however, working with the Chinese contractor to see that the project is fixed within the set time. We should achieve what we wanted to achieve within the set time,’’ Oche said. He said that the district was also using the period of the shutdown to look inward and fix a lot of things, including the state of coaches and others.

“We want to see what improvement we can bring in by the time we are resuming. I really want to appeal to our passengers, without them for me, we are not complete. “Whether we are moving a hundred tonnes of goods or not, it does not matter; I am already missing the interactions we have on a daily basis,’’ he said. The NRC boss, who noted that MTTS services remained the hope of many of the less privileged commuters, said that the new track, when completed, would also lower the accident rate.

Oche added: “The Chinese (contractor) has commended the removal of the narrow gauge and the whole idea is for them to shift the old narrow gauge and lay a new one. “This is not just about completing the standard gauge, it is also about ensuring that we have a better narrow gauge. “The project itself entails the removal of the existing narrow gauge incomplete shift to accommodate the standard gauge. “We are supposed to have two standard gauges and the narrow gauge beside it.

You will notice a new narrow gauge around Agege, Iju, and Agbado. “All this while, because we were still running train services, the contractor had not been able to work on this axis. “Now that the standard gauge itself has got to this axis, what is remaining is for them to work, do this part and then we will meet the minister’s directive of starting the trial of Lagos-Ibadan standard gauge rail operations.’’ He said that the standard gauge which had gotten to Iju from Ibadan needed to get to Apapa, which necessitated the stop of operations on narrow gauge, to lay the standard gauge.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/10/train-shutdown-we-sympathise-with-commuters-says-nrc-boss/
Re: Train Shutdown: NRC Sympathises With Commuters, Says It Was Due To Construction by PureGoldh(m): 8:57am On Oct 11, 2019
Ok...This is a welcome development.. They should also extend it to the south East too

3 Likes

Re: Train Shutdown: NRC Sympathises With Commuters, Says It Was Due To Construction by chinavs9ja(m): 8:57am On Oct 11, 2019
Okay
Re: Train Shutdown: NRC Sympathises With Commuters, Says It Was Due To Construction by Briells: 8:59am On Oct 11, 2019
Ok. For your bumps and keloid natural solution, contact me on zero 8 zero 6 two 5 one 1 six one 0
Re: Train Shutdown: NRC Sympathises With Commuters, Says It Was Due To Construction by Badonasty(m): 8:59am On Oct 11, 2019
etrouble:
The Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC) on Sunday said it sympathized with train commuters going through pains and difficulties due to the shutdown of daily operations of train services on the existing narrow gauge from Ijoko in Ogun to Ebute Meta-Apapa in Lagos.

Recall that the NRC suspended the daily operations of train services in the axis on Sept. 30. The suspension became necessary to fast track the completion of the new standard gauge, which required shifting of the existing narrow gauge and relaying it to accommodate the standard gauge rail line. The Minister of Transportation, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi, had on Sept. 23, announced November as the deadline for the trial services on the about-to-be- completed Lagos-Ibadan standard gauge rail line. The Lagos District Manager of NRC, Mr. Jerry Oche, told NAN that the corporation was not unconcerned about the difficulties many commuters were going through since the shutdown, urging them to be patient.

Oche, who said that the shutdown would last till mid-November, disclosed that NRC management was working with the contractor, China Civil Engineering Construction Company (CCECC) to deliver the project as projected. “Words cannot express how I feel about what the commuters are going through.

Don’t forget, I always say that it is not much about how much we make, but the services we render to the majority of people. “We bring succour and alleviate the suffering of thousands of Lagos residents. Now that we have shut down, I know a lot of people are having difficulties. “But we are, however, working with the Chinese contractor to see that the project is fixed within the set time. We should achieve what we wanted to achieve within the set time,’’ Oche said. He said that the district was also using the period of the shutdown to look inward and fix a lot of things, including the state of coaches and others.

“We want to see what improvement we can bring in by the time we are resuming. I really want to appeal to our passengers, without them for me, we are not complete. “Whether we are moving a hundred tonnes of goods or not, it does not matter; I am already missing the interactions we have on a daily basis,’’ he said. The NRC boss, who noted that MTTS services remained the hope of many of the less privileged commuters, said that the new track, when completed, would also lower the accident rate.

Oche added: “The Chinese (contractor) has commended the removal of the narrow gauge and the whole idea is for them to shift the old narrow gauge and lay a new one. “This is not just about completing the standard gauge, it is also about ensuring that we have a better narrow gauge. “The project itself entails the removal of the existing narrow gauge incomplete shift to accommodate the standard gauge. “We are supposed to have two standard gauges and the narrow gauge beside it.

You will notice a new narrow gauge around Agege, Iju, and Agbado. “All this while, because we were still running train services, the contractor had not been able to work on this axis. “Now that the standard gauge itself has got to this axis, what is remaining is for them to work, do this part and then we will meet the minister’s directive of starting the trial of Lagos-Ibadan standard gauge rail operations.’’ He said that the standard gauge which had gotten to Iju from Ibadan needed to get to Apapa, which necessitated the stop of operations on narrow gauge, to lay the standard gauge.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/10/train-shutdown-we-sympathise-with-commuters-says-nrc-boss/

Same old shit

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Train Shutdown: NRC Sympathises With Commuters, Says It Was Due To Construction by MosakuAW(m): 8:59am On Oct 11, 2019
This is one of the reason for unusual traffic jam on Lagos/Abeokuta express way. People who reside in Ijoko, Alagbole, Iju Ishaga etc now ply the road instead of rail.

Some do park their cars @home to ride on train, now they ply their car on the road bringing in more cars on that route.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Train Shutdown: NRC Sympathises With Commuters, Says It Was Due To Construction by fmlala: 8:59am On Oct 11, 2019
ok
Re: Train Shutdown: NRC Sympathises With Commuters, Says It Was Due To Construction by thundafire: 8:59am On Oct 11, 2019
So y DNT u guys complete it b4 using it always looking for way to steal

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Train Shutdown: NRC Sympathises With Commuters, Says It Was Due To Construction by Peacefulgold(m): 8:59am On Oct 11, 2019
Ok ooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Train Shutdown: NRC Sympathises With Commuters, Says It Was Due To Construction by berbs: 8:59am On Oct 11, 2019
Little wonder shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Train Shutdown: NRC Sympathises With Commuters, Says It Was Due To Construction by leofab(f): 9:01am On Oct 11, 2019
Poor Nigerians
Re: Train Shutdown: NRC Sympathises With Commuters, Says It Was Due To Construction by NnwachukuOkike: 9:01am On Oct 11, 2019
The day IPOB will shutdown the graveyard called nigeria, the whole world will testifies that IPOB are the real children of Chukwu Abiama.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Train Shutdown: NRC Sympathises With Commuters, Says It Was Due To Construction by StrikeBack(m): 9:02am On Oct 11, 2019
grin
When you turn right it's CRCC
Turn left CRCC

When it's time to pay back these fools would probably be Dead.

I fear for the future of this country
Re: Train Shutdown: NRC Sympathises With Commuters, Says It Was Due To Construction by Kaybaba5(m): 9:03am On Oct 11, 2019
Good development
Re: Train Shutdown: NRC Sympathises With Commuters, Says It Was Due To Construction by Pabloosas(m): 9:03am On Oct 11, 2019
Re: Train Shutdown: NRC Sympathises With Commuters, Says It Was Due To Construction by Okoroawusa: 9:06am On Oct 11, 2019
Ok
Re: Train Shutdown: NRC Sympathises With Commuters, Says It Was Due To Construction by yesloaded: 9:08am On Oct 11, 2019
Re: Train Shutdown: NRC Sympathises With Commuters, Says It Was Due To Construction by NnwachukuOkike: 9:15am On Oct 11, 2019
PureGoldh:
Ok...This is a welcome development.. They should also extend it to the south East too

South South and Southeast stopped being part of the graveyard called zoological fulani republic of since October 1st.
Re: Train Shutdown: NRC Sympathises With Commuters, Says It Was Due To Construction by etrouble: 9:15am On Oct 11, 2019
Badonasty:

Same old shit

Same pathetic wailer. Go and die.
Re: Train Shutdown: NRC Sympathises With Commuters, Says It Was Due To Construction by etrouble: 9:16am On Oct 11, 2019
NnwachukuOkike:
The day IPOB will shutdown the graveyard called nigeria, the whole world will testifies that IPOB are the real children of Chukwu Abiama.

Tell your Chukwu Abiama that I said it is mad. Where was your Chukwu Abiama when my people used over three million of your fathers, brothers and uncles for pepper soup and suya?
Re: Train Shutdown: NRC Sympathises With Commuters, Says It Was Due To Construction by NnwachukuOkike: 9:19am On Oct 11, 2019
etrouble:

Tell your Chukwu Abiama that I said it is mad. Where was your Chukwu Abiama when my people used over three million of your fathers, brothers and uncles for pepper soup and suya?

See mumu/fool. undecided
Re: Train Shutdown: NRC Sympathises With Commuters, Says It Was Due To Construction by NnwachukuOkike: 9:26am On Oct 11, 2019
etrouble:

nigeria and nigerians/Egyptians we see today in Biafraland, we will see them no more.

1 Like

Re: Train Shutdown: NRC Sympathises With Commuters, Says It Was Due To Construction by OhiOfIhima: 10:00am On Oct 11, 2019
Hoodbilonia:
Glass staircase.
Rapture is when you miss a step at the glass staircase.

It baffle me too.. glass staircase, it seem horrible to me. well, d design is cool by way!
Re: Train Shutdown: NRC Sympathises With Commuters, Says It Was Due To Construction by komodapson(m): 10:39am On Oct 11, 2019
This is magnificent... But I'm bothered with cleaning and slippery
Re: Train Shutdown: NRC Sympathises With Commuters, Says It Was Due To Construction by Badonasty(m): 11:50am On Oct 11, 2019
etrouble:

Same pathetic wailer. Go and die.

Your entire generation will go and die

(1) (Reply)

Defection: Zamfara Gov Matawalle Free To Decide His Political Future – PDP / Addax’s Latest Oil Discovery Is Not Good News For Imo State / The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.