Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,124 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:17 AM

Buhari Laments On The State Of Oil Community Despite Shell’s 40-year Operation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Laments On The State Of Oil Community Despite Shell’s 40-year Operation (398 Views)

Ogene Knocks Soludo Over Lack Of Efforts To Resolve Anambra Oil Community Crisis / Omoyele Sowore Laments On The Sorry State Yaba Railway Station (Pics) / Nigerians Seeking Greener Pastures Abroad Hurting Our Pride, Buhari Laments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Laments On The State Of Oil Community Despite Shell’s 40-year Operation by Naija247blog: 2:04pm On Oct 11, 2019
President Muhammadu Buhari has in a statement reported by NAN says he felt touched and sad to know that OML-25 host communities are pleading to have primary schools in 2019 after up to 40 years of oil exploration.

Reports has it that President Muhammadu Buhari expressed his displeasure during the official reopening of the OML-25 Flow Station in Belema, Akuku-Toru Local Government Area (LGA) of Rivers on Thursday 11th September, 2019.

He assured the people through a representative, Senior Special Assistant on Niger Delta Affairs, Sen. Ita Enang, of the host communities that the narrative would change.

“We have been to the host communities, and I want to assure you that we have seen your situation by ourselves."

“I felt touched when in the address by your leaders, they are asking for a school in 2019 after 40 years of producing oil for Nigeria."

“I am also saddened to hear that while producing 44,000 barrels of oil per day for the past 40 years through Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC), that you’re now asking for a hospital."

“I want to assure you that we will not just provide schools, we will provide complete community life for all the host communities of OML-25,” he said.

According to President Buhari, the Federal Government will work with the state that is receiving the 13 per cent Derivation, Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) and find out what they have particularly done for the communities.

“We will work with the Presidential Amnesty Office and the Ministry of Niger Delta Affairs; we will redirect the budget so that the oil revenue will take care of the people."

“I felt a lot when I scooped the water that you drink about 30 minutes ago, and the oil from the water is still on my palms with which I fetched the water."

“On behalf of Nigeria, I apologise to you, this situation in this country under President Buhari and Ministers of Petroleum Resources and Niger Delta Affairs will definitely change for the better for all of us,” he added.

The president in a statement also commended Mr Tein Jack-Rich, President and Founder of Belemaoil Producing for showing deep interest to impact on the host communities.

“Every community should look for, and treasure their indigenes who care about their interests."

“I thank you for bringing peace to these communities in effecting the reopening of OML-25 and reconciling the government, NNPC, and SPDC with the host communities for the betterment of Nigeria.”

“We are here at the right time because the 2020 Budget was submitted to the National Assembly two days ago."

“We will take it to them to see what is provided for you, and redirect the budget to capture the interest of oil-producing communities like you that are facing the same challenge,” he said in conclusion.

Source: https://naija247blog.home.blog/2019/10/11/buhari-laments-on-the-state-of-oil-community-despite-shell-spending-up-to-40-years-there/

Re: Buhari Laments On The State Of Oil Community Despite Shell’s 40-year Operation by Unbiased1: 2:19pm On Oct 11, 2019
What of the state government? Big IGR but stupid and poor development and vision less leaders
Re: Buhari Laments On The State Of Oil Community Despite Shell’s 40-year Operation by Racoon(m): 2:34pm On Oct 11, 2019
Just imagine the hypocrisy. sad And what about your government failed Ogoni-Cleanup project that was promised with fanfare in 2016?.How did you helped them back then in 1978 and now as Minister of Petroleum?

What have the northerners owing oil wells as well as the central government done to better the lives of the inhabitants of the Niger Delta @ present let alone multi-conglomate companies like Shell?

Remember this was one of the grievances of the participants of the Late Major Gideon Gwarzo Orkar military coup of April 22 1990? Charity begins from home.
Re: Buhari Laments On The State Of Oil Community Despite Shell’s 40-year Operation by OfoIgbo: 3:17pm On Oct 11, 2019
Since UN gave Goodluck Jonathan a critical post, this man has been running around trying to suck GEJ's d==k.
First he had a meeting with him yesterday in Aso Rock. Today he is an advocate for the Niger delta region. grin grin

He is fighting tooth and nail to ensure that GEJ doesn't give IPOB a listening ear from his very strategic UN position
Re: Buhari Laments On The State Of Oil Community Despite Shell’s 40-year Operation by Racoon(m): 3:21pm On Oct 11, 2019
OfoIgbo:
Since UN gave Goodluck Jonathan a critical post, this man has been running around trying to (curry) GEJ's favour

First he had a meeting with him yesterday in Aso Rock.Today he is an advocate for the Niger delta region.He is fighting tooth and nail to ensure that GEJ doesn't give IPOB a listening ear from his very strategic UN position
Perhaps this your assertion may be truth.
Re: Buhari Laments On The State Of Oil Community Despite Shell’s 40-year Operation by etrouble: 5:11pm On Oct 11, 2019
And their son was President for about 6 years.

(1) (Reply)

Monica Describes Umahi As The Pride Of Ndi-igbo. / Minimum Wage: Osibanjo Presides Today FEC Meeting Approved Quick Payment / Gov. AbdulRazaq Redeems Promise To Fix Omu Aran Road One Week After

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.