Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,460 members, 7,781,329 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:35 PM

The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. (4484 Views)

The Trinity Doctrine Is a False doctrine and it is Unbiblical. / The Trinity And Identity Of God / The Appearance Of The Sign Of The Son Of Man In Heaven And The Coming Of Jesus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by Nobody: 5:54am On Oct 12, 2019
haywizzy007:
May God forgive you for calling Jesus YAHWEH
yahweh is a trinity of persons
Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by Nobody: 5:55am On Oct 12, 2019
Blabbermouth:

Do you have a mind?
I have a mind but my mind is not a person on its own
Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by Nobody: 6:01am On Oct 12, 2019
Blabbermouth:

What about the spirit? I tell you again, the holy spirit is part of God (as a person). It is the spirit of God...
there is no where in the bible where it was inferred that the Holy Spirit was a part of God. But rather

2 Corinthians 3:17
Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

The Holy Spirit is God not a part of God.

The trinity is not 1+1+1 but rather 1×1×1.

It is not that the Father is part of God, the Son is part of God and the Spirit is part of God but rather
The Father is God
The Son is God
and The Holy Spirit is God
But One God.
Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by Nobody: 6:02am On Oct 12, 2019
blueAgent:

Really?

You claim to understand it yet the Catholic Church and Bible commentators label it a mystery that cannot be understood.

It's obvious you are on your on.
what is important is that it is from the bible.
Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by Nobody: 8:12am On Oct 12, 2019
Blabbermouth:

Actually, I want to learn. What does it entail? The foremost is 1. Doing the will of God. But, is that all there is to loving God?
Yes it is!

Doing the Will of God is not just the foremost, but the only thing you need to do to love God perfectly.

But it is easier said than done, because the Will of God is a hundred percent about God and no less.

So it's obviously hard, but with God it's possible, hence my saying that if you're truly willing, you'd be able to achieve it with God.

God bless.
Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by haywizzy007(m): 8:32am On Oct 12, 2019
solite3:
yahweh is a trinity of persons
Continue basking in your spiritual darkness
Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by Blabbermouth: 8:58am On Oct 12, 2019
solite3:
I have a mind but my mind is not a person on its own
1 Corinthians 2:11 For who knows a person's thought except the spirit (mind) of that person which is in him.
Physically, your mind is the spirit of your body(flesh). Just as you've said, the mind is not a person on its own it is one with you. The spirit exhibiting characteristics of a person is why I tell you its a persona. Moreover, the definition of a spirit even restricts it as being classified as a person. All you have is THE SPIRIT OF GOD. And not, THE SPIRIT and GOD. God bless.
Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by Blabbermouth: 9:02am On Oct 12, 2019
blueAgent:

All through the Bible the spirit is reffered to as the Spirit of God, I think it is better we stick to that.

There is big difference in saying Mr John is a dog and saying Mr John's dog.

I concur, it's better that way rather than brew up confusion with the Trinity doctrine.
[Even though it is written "God is Spirit". (So saying God is the father, God is Holy spirit is 100% biblical and True)But a lot of people will be confused, so I agree with " The spirit of God" it is straightforward]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by Blabbermouth: 9:15am On Oct 12, 2019
solite3:
there is no where in the bible where it was inferred that the Holy Spirit was a part of God.
You still haven't grasped the concept of persona, the spirit is not something you can separate. The mind cannot be separated from the person [you even confirmed this]. Everywhere in the bible it is written The spirit OF God and not the spirit and God. Don't you get? Mind, body, soul, spirit are never and will never be a separate entity from a person. Even when it is written Spirit if I ask you, whose spirit? You will say Of God . Exactly!!! We do not have "The Jesus of God" because Jesus and GOD are separate persons. Is it clear?
Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by shadeyinka(m): 9:24am On Oct 12, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
"5In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:
6Who, being in very nature a God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to His own advantage;
7rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness.
"
- Philippians 2:5-7

I didnt re-open any wound, it is an opened wound, it is an unattended to and left like that, already open wound

[img]https://s3/images/OutNowJesusjnr.gif[/img]
Smh, shadeyinka come and see this your unrepentant self-proclaimed prophet here again
Can't someone just please march out jesusjnr with his poisonous claws and fangs contribution from this thread ni? angry angry angry
The jesusjnr leopard doesnt change its spots, a leopard can't and doesn't change its spots, this a leopard, who cant get rid of its spots. jesusjnr has just confirmed that leopards never changes their spots
I very well understand you. Jesusjnr is certainly not a teacher of the word and he doesn't have some major gifts that would have kept him balanced like Discernment of Spirits, Knowledge and Wisdom. He jumps hastily to ascribe all "revelations" to God thereby leading people astray.

I think it's like a microbiologist trying to be a general purpose surgeon. He will kill many.

The scripture is clear on this:
....And the Word was God!
.....by the Word All things that were made are made

If he doesn't understand how God can be the Father and Yet the Son(Word) and Yet the Holy Spirit, he should learn rather than propounding his own theories.

2 Likes

Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by Nobody: 10:30am On Oct 12, 2019
Blabbermouth:

1 Corinthians 2:11 For who knows a person's thought except the spirit (mind) of that person which is in him.
Physically, your mind is the spirit of your body(flesh). Just as you've said, the mind is not a person on its own it is one with you. The spirit exhibiting characteristics of a person is why I tell you its a persona. Moreover, the definition of a spirit even restricts it as being classified as a person. All you have is THE SPIRIT OF GOD. And not, THE SPIRIT and GOD. God bless.

The spirit and mind are not the same
Romans 8:27
And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

Note that the Spirit has mind meaning he is not the mind.

The evidence found in the bible has already nullified those claims that the is a persona not a person besides Why did you ignore evidences where the Spirit speak distinctly from Jesus and the Father and addressed as a separate person by Jesus.
Cleary the Spirit is not a persona but a person stop misleading people by your heresy, stick to the bible and stop head knowledge.
Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by Nobody: 10:39am On Oct 12, 2019
Blabbermouth:

You still haven't grasped the concept of persona, the spirit is not something you can separate. The mind cannot be separated from the person [you even confirmed this]. Everywhere in the bible it is written The spirit OF God and not the spirit and God. Don't you get? Mind, body, soul, spirit are never and will never be a separate entity from a person. Even when it is written Spirit if I ask you, whose spirit? You will say Of God . Exactly!!! We do not have "The Jesus of God" because Jesus and GOD are separate persons. Is it clear?

No I believe you dont know what persona is,
How can you refer to someone who has the completely characteristics of person as a persona,

Difference between a person and a perona

Persona is a derived term of person.
As nouns the difference between persona and person is that persona is a social role while person is an individual; usually a human being.

Note that The Lord was separated from his Spirit.

Isaiah 48:16
Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord GOD, and his Spirit, hath sent me.

This shows that the Lord God with his Spirit sent someone. This is not one God playing different role or one person playing different peronality.
Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by johnydon22(m): 10:41am On Oct 12, 2019
blueAgent:

I have never seen trinitarians answer this questions.

I think you are confusing Trinitarian doctrine with Unitarian doctrine.

Trinitarian doctrine does not say God the father, Son and Holy Ghost are one person. That's the opposite of what they say.

The doctrine states that God the father is a different person from the Son who in turn is different from the HG

But they are all together God.

Unitarian however says that the Father, Son and Holy Ghost are one person.

Don't conflate the two doctrines
Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by Blabbermouth: 10:45am On Oct 12, 2019
solite3:

The spirit and mind are not the same
Romans 8:27
And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

Note that the Spirit has mind meaning he is not the mind.

The evidence found in the bible has already nullified those claims that the spirit is a persona not a person besides Why did you ignore evidences where the Spirit speak distinctly from Jesus and the Father and addressed as a separate person by Jesus.
Cleary the Spirit is not a persona but a person stop misleading people by your heresy, stick to the bible and stop head knowledge.
I used mind to represent the spirit in physical realm. And to help you understand what I meant. Not the other way you have postulated. I have never in any way spoken or preached heresy here.
The bible which is never fickle taught me "The spirit of God" not "The spirit and God". That is all there is to it, God bless.
The last thing I would implore you to do for meh and you would see. " How is it possible that the Son and the Father being different persons are one?." Answer this question and everything is settled.
Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by johnydon22(m): 10:46am On Oct 12, 2019
blueAgent:

Note: There is nothing like God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit in the Bible.

I agree with you that Jesus came out from the father, as this can be proved with Bible verses and Jesus on words.

but the Holyspirit is not a God but the spirit of God, it is not a person distinct as the father and son are, but it is the spirit of God and his son which represents their presence,power, will, mind.

Note no where in the Bible are we told to worship or pray to the Holyspirit.
Biblically, the holy spirit is implied to be a person or at least a distinct agent.

Besides, wouldn't the spirit of God be God?

I do not think the spirit of a being is distinct from the same being.

And spirit connotes duality of being.
Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by Blabbermouth: 10:54am On Oct 12, 2019
solite3:

Isaiah 48:16
Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord GOD, and his Spirit, hath sent me.
@the bolded... Do you now see what I meant? The lord God and HIS spirit. Simple {possessive pron.} English. The spirit is HIS, they are not separated. If they are, Isaiah would have said "The Lord God and the Spirit" .....
My definition of persona
The persona is everything a person is (all characteristics of a person) except that it cannot have a separate identity of its own. It is owned by the person and thus it is one with the person.
The spirit is for God, it is of Him. The bible everywhere says "The spirit of God" not "The spirit and God". A person is not possessed!!!!
Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by Blabbermouth: 11:05am On Oct 12, 2019
johnydon22:
Biblically, the holy spirit is implied to be a person or at least a distinct agent.

Besides, wouldn't the spirit of God be God?

I do not think the spirit of a being is distinct from the same being.
You cannot call the holy spirit a person [in the literal sense]....
Because if you do, you have contradicted your last paragraph which is totally true.
Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by Nobody: 11:11am On Oct 12, 2019
Blabbermouth:

I used mind to represent the spirit in physical realm. And to help you understand what I meant. Not the other way you have postulated. I have never in any way spoken or preached heresy here.
The bible which is never fickle taught me "The spirit of God" not "The spirit and God". That is all there is to it, God bless.
The last thing I would implore you to do for meh and you would see. " How is it possible that the Son and the Father being different persons are one?." Answer this question and everything is settled.

This below is an heresy,

Blabbermouth:
The Jehovah witness body believes that Jesus Christ is not the Most-High-God while some other christian body believes that Jesus Christ is God himself. Who is right and who is wrong?
The answer is, NO ONE IS WRONG. It just depends on the basis from which you have stated your view.
Heb 1:8
But of the Son he says, "Your throne, O God, is forever and ever, the scepter of uprightness is the scepter of your kingdom."
John 1:1
"In the beginning was the word, the word was with God and THE WORD WAS GOD"
The above bible verses are one of the core reasons some Christian believe that Jesus Christ is actually God-The father.
THE ENLIGHTENMENT I {Who is Christ}
Out of the rib of man was the woman formed, so that in many likeness, she shall be like the Man. Out of the spirit was the word formed and of the word was Christ formed {made manifest as flesh and given an entity of his own}. Thus, Christ became an independent personality of his own.

Do you know what God saw in Christ? He saw His reflection, his exact imprint of nature and the radiance of His own Glory (Check out Heb 1:3) and for this , God was most pleased with him and he gave him the greatest honor of all. He begat Christ and made him his Son. And it was made established that Christ is the son of the Most-High-God. There is so much more to this, he that reads let him learn.
Well, let us shed more light...
On the keys......

You even claim Jehovah witnesses are not wrong!
Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by Nobody: 11:16am On Oct 12, 2019
Blabbermouth:

Before answering your question,
Answer mine

Define a persona? Define a person? Answer the questions below

How come the Holy Spirit speaks distinct from the father,
Has a mind of His own
Jesus refferred to him as He, meaning a different person?

From your answer, given above, Is the holy Spirit a persona or a person?
Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by Blabbermouth: 11:18am On Oct 12, 2019
solite3:

You even claim Jehovah witnesses are not wrong!
Did you see where I said it depends on the basis on which you have based your claim... The JWs I have seen stated that "It wasnt the most High God that was crucified, it was Jesus, Son of the most High God". I sensed they meant Jesus and God are two separate person but one.
Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by Blabbermouth: 11:20am On Oct 12, 2019
solite3:

Before answering your question,
Answer mine

Define a persona? Define a person?
I have already.
My definition of persona

The persona is everything a person is (all qualities of a person) except that it cannot have a separate identity of its own. It is owned/possessed by the person and thus it is one/same with the person.
Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by Nobody: 12:18pm On Oct 12, 2019
Blabbermouth:

I have already.
]My definition of persona

The persona is everything a person is (all qualities of a person) except that it cannot have a separate identity of its own. It is owned/possessed by the person and thus it is one/same with the person.

The persona means the qualities of a person right?

And I have shown you that the Holy Spirit is not a quality but a person.
Can a quality Speak and hear? Can a quality have emotion and mind of his own?

Ability to have cognition, speak, hear and have emotions these are what make a person, and these are the very qualities the Holy Spirit display.
Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by Anas09: 12:31pm On Oct 12, 2019
blueAgent:

This is just Human explanation not Bible.
Okay
Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by Anas09: 12:33pm On Oct 12, 2019
haywizzy007:
May God forgive you for calling Jesus YAHWEH
If Jesus is not YHWH but you believe He is the Lord, the Saviour, the alpha and Omega, the beginning and the End, the creator of the whole world,, then you make up two gods for yourself hence become an idol worshiper.
Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by Blabbermouth: 12:46pm On Oct 12, 2019
solite3:

The persona means the qualities of a person right?

And I have shown you that the Holy Spirit is not a quality but a person.
Can a quality Speak and hear? Can a quality have emotion and mind of his own?

Ability to have cognition, speak, hear and have emotions these are what make a person, and these are the very qualities the Holy Spirit display.
What I see as a persona is more than just qualities. Read the message you quoted again. Persona is everything a person is except from a DISTINGUISHED IDENTITY. The bible said "The spirit of God" not "The spirit and God"
Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by orisa37: 12:51pm On Oct 12, 2019
Jesus is, 'cos He is still always around, Son of Man Son of God Heir to The Throne The Lamb that was slain The Four Living Creatures The Twenty four Elders wearing Crown and The One sitting on The Throne.
Jesus Christ The Righteous is a MIRACLE. Believe That
Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by Nobody: 8:15pm On Oct 12, 2019
Blabbermouth:

Did you see where I said it depends on the basis on which you have based your claim... The JWs I have seen stated that "It wasnt the most High God that was crucified, it was Jesus, Son of the most High God". I sensed they meant Jesus and God are two separate person but one.

I was a Muslim but now i'm one of Jehovah's Witnesses to the glory of JEHOVAH!

If you don't know the menace of a theory, you can't debunk such theory with efficacy.

The evil in the TRINITY fallacy!

[b]When God sent Jesus and declared him as (his son) it means "this person is his representative who serves as a ROLE MODEL for the entire human race". If you're able to imitate Jesus in thoughts, words and actions God will grant you the privilege to live forever, this is God's arrangement from the beginning before Adam brought us under sin and death! Romans 5:12 compared to Romans 6:23

Now this is where the evil in TRINITY fallacy is hiding! If you're to imitate Jesus as your role model, you must see matters from his point of view and take things as it comes just as he also did. For instance, most religionists thought it's a curse for someone not to get married, for a couple not to have children or for someone to be selfless. Whereas Jesus taught us through words and actions that singleness, childlessness and selflessness can be blessings from God! Matthew 19:10-15

So if you're not seeing Jesus as a messenger of God who has come (in the flesh) to lay examples for you by denying himself of Sex, Marriage, Children, Riches, Material possessions, Family ties, praying for those who cursed him and declining Political appointments all to remain loyal to his own God and Father, but thinking Jesus is God himself. How easy can you (or even expect people to) imitate such a personality?

Of course many will think all those things Jesus did will never be their own portion! They'll say it's for Jesus (who is NOT human but God himself) That's why Apostle John made it clear that whoever did not accept Jesus as someone who came in the flesh(can be imitated since he came and lived as human) is not of God! 1 John 4:2

So Jesus is NO part of any Godhead, he came as a messenger of God. The concept of sonship indicates that Adam's descendants who have inherited sin, can rightly become God's children again if they're able to learn from Jesus whom he introduced to us as his son! Matthew 17:5

Adam our human father was God's son {Luke 3:38} but he rebelled against his heavenly father and sold us all to slavery under sin and death! So Jesus now replaced Adam to reconcile us back to God {1Corinthians 15:44-45}

That's why Isaiah called Jesus the "everlasting father" for all those who become God's children through faith in him, unlike our first human father Adam who is DEAD forever, Jesus our new father lives forever! Isaiah 9:6
Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by Blabbermouth: 9:04pm On Oct 12, 2019
Maximus69:

I was a Muslim but now i'm one of Jehovah's Witnesses to the glory of JEHOVAH!
.. ...
The Trinity doctrine is actually confusing thus the need to create the thread. It is ideal to see things as God is the father, Christ the Son, and the Holy spirit of God and they are all one. Than the confusing trinity doctrine. I from the little I know and have been shown believe either ways, your stand on Trinity is inconsequential as long as you don't promote polytheism .
And as imitators of Christ, it is all best we focus on seeking and loving God with our body, heart, mind and everything there is to us.
Let love lead, God bless.
Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by Nobody: 9:26pm On Oct 12, 2019
Blabbermouth:

What I see as a persona is more than just qualities. Read the message you quoted again. Persona is everything a person is except from a DISTINGUISHED IDENTITY. The bible said "The spirit of God" not "The spirit and God"
a persona cannot have a seprate identity of its own because it is not a person unlike the Holy Ghost who has an identity of his own.
Jesus describe called the holy Spirit a "He" meaning a separate person with an identity from Jesus and the father.

Using the term persona to describe the Holy Spirit is all wrong , from your definition, a persona is the characteristics of an individual that distinguish him from another, the holy Spirit is not a character of God who dont have an identity but an individual of the Godhead.
Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by Nobody: 9:28pm On Oct 12, 2019
Blabbermouth:

The Trinity doctrine is actually confusing thus the need to create the thread. It is ideal to see things as God is the father, Christ the Son, and the Holy spirit of God and they are all one. Than the confusing trinity doctrine. I from the little I know and have been shown believe either ways, your stand on Trinity is inconsequential as long as you don't promote polytheism .
And as imitators of Christ, it is all best we focus on seeking and loving God with our body, heart, mind and everything there is to us.
Let love lead, God bless.
The trinity is confusing right? That is because human being cannot understand divinity in its its fullest but what is important is that it is taught in the bible.
Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by Blabbermouth: 9:41pm On Oct 12, 2019
solite3:
a persona cannot have a seprate identity of its own because it is not a person unlike the Holy Ghost who has an identity of his own.
Jesus describe called the holy Spirit a "He" meaning a separate person with an identity from Jesus and the father.

Using the term persona to describe the Holy Spirit is all wrong , from your definition, a persona is the characteristics of an individual that distinguish him from another, the holy Spirit is not a character of God who dont have an identity but an individual of the Godhead.
Its becoming an argument and no longer an enlightenment so I will stop here.
You can't just say "The spirit" it always calls for "whose spirit?" and we say "Of God". If it is a separate entity, it would stand alone like everything we call person and not be " Of anything "....
YOUR MIND GETS ANGRY, YOUR MIND THINKS, YOUR MIND TALKS TO YOU, YOUR MIND EXCITES, YOUR MIND IMAGINES, YOUR MIND DEVICE EVIL ACTIONS.
This is all true for everyone, is the mind therefore a person? No, I can technically distinguish it from me, but its not a separate entity as it cannot exist outside me.
You might still not comprehend, therefore I will probe further with this question. Answer me with all honesty...
How can Jesus despite being a separate person from The most high God be one with Him?
Re: The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. by Blabbermouth: 9:43pm On Oct 12, 2019
solite3:
The trinity is confusing right? That is because human being cannot understand divinity in its its fullest but what is important is that it is taught in the bible.
I thank God it is inconsequential, it would have misled a lot of people....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

DAILY Devotional: Every Word Of God For Daily Living By Pastor Paul Rika / I Want To Be The Anti-christ / Atheists Of Nairaland Come In Let's Discuss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.