Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,432 members, 7,781,258 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:23 AM

Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? (33610 Views)

9 Nigerian Music Influenced Slangs And Their Meanings / Nigerian Music Groups That Have Broken Up (Photos) / 12 Most Popular Nigerian Music Videos On Youtube (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by landmark86: 7:22pm On Oct 11, 2019
1. The Remedies: In the 90s, the defunct hip hop group, The remedies, was a household name in the Nigerian music industry. At that time, there were very few artistes who could compete with them, considering their novelty and vigour. The group was made up Idris (now Eedris Abdulkareem) the rapper, Tony Tetuila the (sideliner and rhyme maker) and Eddie Remedy, the melodymaker.

73 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by landmark86: 7:24pm On Oct 11, 2019
2. Maintain: The Nigerian group consists of Tolu, Olu and Big Bamo. The trio rocked with hit songs such as I catch cold and Nibo la wa gbe lo from the late 90s right up to 2005 before they split. Only Olu maintain is still doing music now with hits like Olu in Brazil, Nawti and Yahooze.

56 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by landmark86: 7:26pm On Oct 11, 2019
3. Plantashun Boys: The Nigerian group was made up of 2face, Faze and Black face. The group reigned in the music industry between the late 90s and the early 2000s.

173 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by landmark86: 7:27pm On Oct 11, 2019
4. Trybesmen: The Nigerian group consisted of Eldee, Kaboom and Freestyle. Their first album was released in 1999 and received good airplay. Their hit singles included Trybal Marks and Shake Bodi. Freestyle and Eldee went on to release solo albums after the split of their group but it was only Eldee that kept on making an impact in the music industry

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by landmark86: 7:29pm On Oct 11, 2019
5. Styl-Plus: The Nigerian group was formerly STYL which consists of singers Shiffi, Tunde, Yemi and Lanre. but Lanre died, and Yemi left the group to pursue his career. They became Styl- Plus with the addition of Zeal.

The group gained a space in the music industry when they dropped the single Olufunmi which received massive airplay around Nigeria. They dropped three albums following their dominance in the music industry but has become defunct since their last album. Tunde also left the group and went solo.

342 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by landmark86: 7:31pm On Oct 11, 2019
6. KC Presh: The name was coined from both member’s names which are Kingsley and Precious. The  Nigerian group broke out when they won the Star Quest and since then went on to record a couple of songs after which they both decided to do solo albums and since then, the group has broken up.

30 Likes

Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by landmark86: 7:32pm On Oct 11, 2019
7. Mo’hits: The Nigerian group was co-owned by Micheal “Donjazzy” Collins and Dapo “D’Banj” Oyebanjo. It consisted of artistes like Wande Coal, D’Prince, Dr. Sid and K-Switch. The group broke up due to irreconcilable differences between D’Banj and Donjazzy and has birthed two record labels, Mavin Records and DB records.

224 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by donbachi(m): 7:37pm On Oct 11, 2019
Black reverendz

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by landmark86: 7:44pm On Oct 11, 2019
8. P-square: a musical group of indentical twins, Peter and Paul Okoye. The duo began their music and entertainment career mimming and dancing in various shows and church events in Jos, Plateau State, Nigeria where they grew up. In 2001, while at the University of Abuja, at a talent show competition they won the "Golden Tones - up & Coming Band" competition with the track "Kolo" from their debut production. This quickly shot them into prominence and their smooth R&B voice blend and modern african hip-hop beat ensured that songs such as "Last Nite", "Kolo" and "Igbedu" took the airwaves and dance halls by storm.

149 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by Roddyricch1(m): 8:03pm On Oct 11, 2019
I miss plantashun bois the most, their track "you and I" is still my fav till date.

66 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by emeijeh(m): 8:13pm On Oct 11, 2019
Styl plus jo.

Who would forget CALL MY NAME, TUNDE and THE PHONE NUMBER DISPLAYED AT THE END OF THE MISIC VIDEO? grin

184 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by Nobody: 10:06pm On Oct 11, 2019
Most people will say StylPlus

153 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by Babyjesus: 10:07pm On Oct 11, 2019
Non

3 Likes

Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by Bawizzo(m): 10:07pm On Oct 11, 2019
I miss the "four years don waka" crooners. That song made my last paper in gwags a memorable one.

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by pansophist(m): 10:07pm On Oct 11, 2019
No brainer, its Stylplus, a defunct rnb group, the backstreet boys of Nigeria.

I still listen to their music sometimes and can feel every string of emotions scattered in the melody. Awesomely talented boys.

208 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by KINGwax007(m): 10:07pm On Oct 11, 2019
Style plus & trybesmen

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by johnnyn1(m): 10:08pm On Oct 11, 2019
cheesy
You say miss group?
They are just group of boys smoking together grin cheesy

Modified
I miss them Psquare and Styl Plus. smiley

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by origima: 10:08pm On Oct 11, 2019
Oriental Brothers

78 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by wman(m): 10:09pm On Oct 11, 2019
In order of how much I miss them

1. Styl Plus
2. Plantashun Boyz
3. Mo'hits

I hardly miss the others.

I don't miss KC Presh in any way. They should be in the same class with Xproject and other groups that Nigerians don't really miss.

P-Square recently split so Nigerians haven't started missing them like that.

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by sorextee(m): 10:09pm On Oct 11, 2019
None of dem

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by Danelo(m): 10:09pm On Oct 11, 2019
Mo hits....was dope then

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by damosky12(m): 10:09pm On Oct 11, 2019
Remedies, Style plus, Mo hits.. Maintain.

Who remembers Remedy's
"omode meta n shere
shere o... wo n shere ayo.."

Maintain
"won je Abiola o se ijoba ti o Fi ku o
adupe won tun gbe fun Obasanjo o..."

Good ol days.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by Amstupid(m): 10:10pm On Oct 11, 2019
grin
I miss pdp most

Jonathan, dasuki, atiku, and saraki grin

82 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by BafanaBafana: 10:10pm On Oct 11, 2019
Plantation boys were the bomb back then. They and Remedies should be the oldest among these groups and started the Afro pop/ hip pop we have today.
Plantation boys had a unique sound which they called the "plantation flavour". Blackface once said that the flavour can only be heard when the 3 of them come together to do music. To me they ar the best group ever

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by tfash96(m): 10:10pm On Oct 11, 2019
None of them can gimme Joy and can make me enter another realm anytime I jam WESTLIFE.... oh my God...Gone are those days.. I'm short of words

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by addexx: 10:10pm On Oct 11, 2019
Zule zoo undecided

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by Tomyzino: 10:10pm On Oct 11, 2019
P Square oooo and Plantation boys

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by Yonce(f): 10:10pm On Oct 11, 2019
How about Resonance?
The Christian music group.

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by Nobody: 10:10pm On Oct 11, 2019
Style plus

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by AdemolaA2: 10:10pm On Oct 11, 2019
Mo hits

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by TotoNaRubber: 10:10pm On Oct 11, 2019
NONE NONE NONE

NONE

NONE

I need toto toto toto toto toooooo.... to

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? by Scatterscatter(m): 10:11pm On Oct 11, 2019
MO hits all the way

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Eleven Lines You will Surely Hear On Nigerian Songs... / Naija Artist Tops African Richest Musician Lists / Davido Reacts To His 3 Grammy Nominations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.