Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,514 members, 7,808,877 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:25 PM

My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada (76621 Views)

My Terrible Experience At Onitsha Motor Park / My Weird & Creepy Experience At Erin Ijesha Waterfalls / Photos From My Christmas Experience At Udo Udoma Park In Uyo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by ajl: 6:46pm On Jan 01, 2020
I can say Canada is probably one of the very few western countries I can say nice things about. I have lived there before and in couple of other countries and I can compare, most especially with their "demon" neighbour to the south and their "evil" aunty across the atlantic ocean to the east.

Canada provided an haven of safety for some of the enslaved offsprings of our forebearers that were sold into slavery. And these days some of us choose Canada as a place to further our education or settledown to escape the "demon" politicians at home. Of course like every western countries, one still can't escape racism as a black African. But if I have to rate Canada and the US, Canada I will score 3 on a scale of 10 while I rate US 9 on same scale.

While we note all these good things about another country, it is because most of the individuals from that country choose to be Citizens and not Idiotic Barbarians or Tribalists. Nigeria is where it is today because most of us choose to be Idiotic Barbarians and Tribalists rather being a citizen. As you enjoy the comfort offered by Canada, at the back of your mind remember you also have a country. If we all cut and run, in another few decades the Chinese and other foreigners would be happy to have the nation we refused to elevate or build with our soul and sweat.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by Neoteny(m): 6:46pm On Jan 01, 2020
In Nigeria if they did pay, they'd ask for a group selfie only to gloat on Facebook starting with:

"So we met this poor struggling family and my hubby paid for their meal, the look of gratitude in their teary eyes made us thank Daddy GO for our blessings, many more to come this 2020 in jeebus name, hallelujah and amen. #RCCG"

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by Nowenuse: 6:46pm On Jan 01, 2020
maternal:

Hahaha took me years to master the politricks. Years!!!! Now I have mastered it, I run these fake oyibo devils. But what makes me laugh and feel sad is when a new immigrant comes here and you warn them. They never listen and fall for these fake devils until they get burned then vex.

OMG! Please I need you and Salford1 to lecture me on this like ASAP. I already secured a job in Canada and will be moving over there to resume by next month. I really really need to know what you guys are trying to say.
More enlightenment for fellow compatriots pls

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by justwise(m): 6:48pm On Jan 01, 2020
sacx:

Correlation between what he said and Christianity?

Yes.
Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by Nowenuse: 6:49pm On Jan 01, 2020
REDBULL1:

Boss, you and salford1 can help prospective immigrants by posting a rule book sort of on smartly handling these workplace issues.

Seriously, i'll personally be pleased to read. Thanks smiley

Exactly I need it to. I'll be moving there like next month to resume a job Pls you guys should tag me if something like that is done.
Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by Sirevangel(m): 6:50pm On Jan 01, 2020
Mizwisdom:
Why was my previous post deleted? grin

Like I posted before, one Nigerian paid for the flight tickets of more than 700 stranded country folks in S.A does that make all Nigerians kind? what of the bro who gave N1 million to a beggar and translator right here in Nigeria? so because one White person pays your meal and complements your baby it means all Canadians are nice grin

I thought we where supposed to leave all this 2019 characters behind us?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by monfizzy(m): 6:50pm On Jan 01, 2020
That’s the difference between blacks and Caucasians, while the former crave for gratitude and you telling them thanks and sometimes even worship them in return for a favour, the latter just do good for humanity and doesn’t bother about receiving thanks.

I’ve had several cases in the UK where an unknown stranger did me huge favour seeking for their identity to be anonymous or just do a kind gesture while hurriedly moving away without waiting for thanks. If a black person had done this, they’ll capture it on camera, post on IG etc for cheap claps.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by sacx: 6:50pm On Jan 01, 2020
justwise:

Yes.

That's not Christianity but mysticism

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by MJBOLT: 6:50pm On Jan 01, 2020
with all this nice comments maybe i should get married to a canadian granny

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by Nowenuse: 6:52pm On Jan 01, 2020
monfizzy:
That’s the difference between blacks and Caucasians, while the former crave for gratitude and you telling them thanks and sometimes even worship them in return for a favour, the latter just do good for humanity and doesn’t bother about receiving thanks.

I’ve had several cases in the UK where an unknown stranger did me huge favour seeking for their identity to be anonymous or just do a kind gesture while hurriedly moving away without waiting for thanks. If a black person had done this, they’ll capture it on camera, post on IG etc for cheap claps.

Black people all over the world just have a tendency and culture of showing off. I really wonder why this is so.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by socialmediaman: 6:53pm On Jan 01, 2020
ajl:
I can say Canada is the probably one of the very few western countries I can nice things about. I have lived there before and couple of countries and I can compare, most especially with their "demon" neighbour to the south and "evil" aunty across the ocean to the east.

Canada provided an haven of safety for some of the enslaved offsprings of our forebearers that were sold into slavery. And these some of us choose Canada as a place to further our education or settledown to escape the "demon" politicians at home. Of course like every western countries, one still can't escape racism as a black African. But if I have rate Canada and the US, Canada I will 3 on a scale of 10 while rate US 9 on same scale.

While we note all these good things about another country, it is because most of the individuals from that country choose to be Citizens and not Idiotic Barbarians or Tribalists. Nigeria is where it is today because most of us choose to be Idiotic Barbarians and Tribalists rather being a citizen. As you enjoy the comfort offered by Canada, at the back of your mind remember you also have a country.

True! although going back centuries, it seems Africa in general hasn't changed much in terms of the culture of intimidation and excessive control. It shows the task on our hands because as they saying goes, "wetin concern agbero with overload", many people don't know better. They're not taught better in schools (if they attend), the only values they hold today is the one society taught them. nevertheless, its our individual choice(s) at the end of the day, everyone is held accountable for their actions.
Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by justwise(m): 6:55pm On Jan 01, 2020
sacx:

That's not Christianity but mysticism
You reached that conclusion in isolation, have a look at his profile and read that post again then you will see how it relates to Christianity
Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by bezimo(m): 6:56pm On Jan 01, 2020
Mizwisdom:

Like I posted before, one Nigerian paid for the flight tickets of more than 700 stranded country folks in S.A does that make all Nigerians kind? what of the bro who gave N1 million to a beggar and translator right here in Nigeria? so because one White person pays your meal and complements your baby it means all Canadians are nice grin

Yes I can tell you most of them have a welcoming, friendly and helpful disposition having lived here for 5 yrs.So suck it up and accept the fact.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by Rynne: 6:58pm On Jan 01, 2020
Lalaska:
my lecturer shared a similar experience. They just moved to Canada and Needed to get a washing machine urgently, they found one that the price was really higher than their budget but felt they could beat it down. They Approached the young couple. selling it and after bargaining, they paid and went to look for a truck to bring it Home. When they got Home, the wife opened the washing machine and saw an envelope with more than thrice the money they paid, there was a small Note there that read "we love your family and hope you settle in Soon, please do reachout if you need any assistance.". That was really touching. This happened over 10 years ago.
Wow, that's really nice. The country becomes better because we receive and give kindness and the cycle goes ground.

That is why Nigeria is a tough place to live,we are a very unkind people always looking for ways to take advantage of oursekves, whether in business,play or in religion.
Most country will survive an economic downturn,but its difficult to survive in a toxic environment..

9 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by monfizzy(m): 6:58pm On Jan 01, 2020
Nowenuse:

Black people all over the world just have a tendency and culture of showing off. I really wonder why this is so.

I think Blacks are innately insecure and always crave for public validation to compensate for their insecurity. The act of showing off and unnecessary attention seeking is a way of obscuring one’s shortcomings.

8 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by sacx: 7:03pm On Jan 01, 2020
justwise:
You reached that conclusion in isolation, have a look at his profile and read that post again then you will see how it relates to Christianity

I know what Christianity is and I insist that post doesn't define it. Whatever he said was simply his opinion.

5 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by AreaFada2: 7:04pm On Jan 01, 2020
maternal:

Hahaha took me years to master the politricks. Years!!!! Now I have mastered it, I run these fake oyibo devils. But what makes me laugh and feel sad is when a new immigrant comes here and you warn them. They never listen and fall for these fake devils until they get burned then vex.
Like almost anywhere packaging can be deceptive. There are good and nasty people everywhere. In successful countries, people in smaller, more relaxed cities are friendliest because they are under less daily stress.

Workplaces will always have bullies, gossips and snitches. Wisdom is needed handling them.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by Coldie(m): 7:05pm On Jan 01, 2020
People are always nice to foreigners, but some Nigerian's spoil everything

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by ajl: 7:06pm On Jan 01, 2020
monfizzy:

Stop that trash talk. Usual.sense of self-hate. I bet the western media do more of what you claim when their authorities or citizens do some good deeds for 3rd world countries. Their are millions of Nigerians that do uncountable good deeds that no one hear about. If you want me to relate my own personal experience I will do so here. You don't know me personally so I can't feel I am blowing my horn for the need of self gratification. As a Yoruba who lived/studied in Canada and worked in one of their institutions, I connected and partly funded (a non-yoruba) researcher from Nigeria. Today, the man is a professor and now collaborate with teams in Canada. I can go on and on. So stop demonizing your kind. In fact it is the western culture that have a system for self-gratification in place. Rather, on our side some stupid individuals do this but not in the way it is done in the west. You know nothing about what you are driving at.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by coming2america: 7:14pm On Jan 01, 2020
Lalaska:
So my wife and I took a few days off. It's pre thanksgiving and we decided to have lunch at a restaurant. We went with our 11 month old baby and sat beside a couple that were wrapping up their own lunch. They admired our beautiful baby and gave the usual compliments - "oh she's so cute", "How old is she" etc.
They left before us and when we concluded, asked for the bill. We received the shock of our lives when the waiter told us the couple had paid for our lunch, that they liked our baby. We were so surprised and didn't even have the opportunity to say thank you to them. These guys are super nice here and we indeed feel very grateful. Happy thanksgiving to all Canadians.

Try Newark or Baltimore in the American NE and see. They will put their own bill on you
Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by Nastofar(f): 7:18pm On Jan 01, 2020
CastedDude:
Some pained people should keep on killing themselves because they cant leave the shores of Nigeria. Canadians are really nice people and relocating abroad is a very good move. God bless u guys who have shared their lovely stories. Cant wait to hear more.
Guy try and focus on something positive. You're too pessimistic

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by Stormyweather(m): 7:19pm On Jan 01, 2020
Amanda4life:

I'm almost dying here
why?
Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by africandollar: 7:21pm On Jan 01, 2020
Not all Canadians are nice people, from when you start studying and eventually start working you would see how they can be backstabbers and tricky monsters who care for nothing but themselves and getting successful at your expense.

Be warned not all glitters is gold but surely you can also become a master at playing their game.

12 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by frozen70(f): 7:25pm On Jan 01, 2020
Those one's knows what it is to love and share

We are here struggling with frustration and depression

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by clive2u(m): 7:26pm On Jan 01, 2020
news like this makes me want to go to Canada my country very soon. 2020 my year of Canada. Amen
Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by jimcaddy(m): 7:27pm On Jan 01, 2020
Can every Nigerian leave for Canada? Even if one Nigerian in every houshold goes to Canada, Canada won't contain us. We are too much in this country. We spoilt our own country, now we want to run away. Shey if Canadians too decide to spoil their own country, will there be somewhere Nigerians will go to? Why are Indians trooping to Nigeria. And Nigerians are running to India? Indians love Nigeria because we treat whites better than we treat ourselves. Even an Egyptian can come to Nigeria to work and claim white guy. I think it's a problem with the black race. Blacks have a serious problem. And the truth is we don't know we have a problem...

19 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by chiboy1116: 7:29pm On Jan 01, 2020
Mizwisdom:

stfu , Canadians are naturally nice . Americans even joke about it always.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by YorubaAmaka(m): 7:29pm On Jan 01, 2020
hmmm

Okay kwa
Observing in 3D wink

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jan 01, 2020
africandollar:
Not all Canadians are nice people, from when you start studying and eventually start working you would see how they can be backstabbers and tricky monsters who care for nothing but themselves and getting successful at your expense.

Be warned not all glitters is gold but surely you can also become a master at playing their game.

Please can you share a story with us that we may draw valuable lessons from it. ( workforce stories )

Some of us here have landed a job in Canada and will depart here for there in coming months.
Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by TheManOfTheYear: 7:39pm On Jan 01, 2020
Lalaska:
So my wife and I took a few days off. It's pre thanksgiving and we decided to have lunch at a restaurant. We went with our 11 month old baby and sat beside a couple that were wrapping up their own lunch. They admired our beautiful baby and gave the usual compliments - "oh she's so cute", "How old is she" etc.
They left before us and when we concluded, asked for the bill. We received the shock of our lives when the waiter told us the couple had paid for our lunch, that they liked our baby. We were so surprised and didn't even have the opportunity to say thank you to them. These guys are super nice here and we indeed feel very grateful. Happy thanksgiving to all Canadians.
My love for Canada. Say a word of prayer for me. I'm wanna come to Canada.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom Christmas's Village Home To All Christian Tourists... Photos / G20 Summit: Donald Trump's Motorcade Vs Vladimir Putin's Motorcade In Japan / Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.