Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,900 members, 7,802,915 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:11 AM

My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada (76594 Views)

My Terrible Experience At Onitsha Motor Park / My Weird & Creepy Experience At Erin Ijesha Waterfalls / Photos From My Christmas Experience At Udo Udoma Park In Uyo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by YorubaPrince: 7:39pm On Jan 01, 2020
tongue
Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by Cousin9999: 7:40pm On Jan 01, 2020
Canadians are trash, just like Americans. Just because a wild animal doesn't eat you, it doesn't make them your friends. And I don't say that to discourage you from going there.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by bekpo(m): 7:41pm On Jan 01, 2020
Aaronsrod:

I caution all Nigerians against this 'Thanksgiving'! You see how we approach Halloween!?!

The same evil Oyinbo spirits whe give them flight and televisions also makes them appear as angels.

Once they take your emotional power you fall into their web of demonicalsim.

If they approach you with smiles, FLEE!!

That's how they approached us with smiles and b feeding our monkey with their milk every morning and evening with their Panzy, unknown to us they where targeting our monkey. When everyone weren't at home, they came steal our monkey from d cage. Their smile is pregnant with meaning!

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by Hero2k9: 7:41pm On Jan 01, 2020
7Alexandre:

Maybe because of your negativity.

Most folks hate people with bad energy.

You know those people who wanna talk about the negatives only while ignoring the positive side.

Also couple with the fact that such negativity is coming from a woman.

Both you Mizwisdom & Timesup234 are like 5 & 6.

I always avoid people like that.

Because they never motivate you but tend to draw you into their territory with negative energy which is bad for human living.

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by TheManOfTheYear: 7:41pm On Jan 01, 2020
Stormyweather:
my lecturer shared a similar experience. They just moved to Canada and Needed to get a washing machine urgently, they found one that the price was really higher than their budget but felt they could beat it down. They Approached the young couple selling it and after bargaining, they paid and went to look for a truck to bring it Home. When they got Home, the wife opened the washing machine and saw an envelope with more than thrice the money they paid, there was a small Note there that read "we love your family and hope you settle in Soon, please do reach out if you need any assistance.". That was really touching. This happened over 10 years ago.
Maaaaaad oooh.
In Nigeria they will even bill you more the instance they notice you're foreigners.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by pansophist(m): 7:45pm On Jan 01, 2020
The only thing that pisses me off about Canada is how they treated the aboriginals. Apart from that, Canada and Canadians are nice people generally. Even though they share a border with the Yankees, they have managed to stay away from the wars and all the bully their neighbors engaged in all around the world.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by africandollar: 7:46pm On Jan 01, 2020
AkeNathan:

Please can you share a story with us that we may draw valuable lessons from it. ( workforce stories )

Some of us here have landed a job in Canada and will depart here for there in coming months.

My wife studies there and my friends work there so it’s not from a personal point of view albeit a true one since it’s coming from people I trust. The lesson is just to be wise and not be too open with them until you’ve studied them and understand their ‘modus operandi’ else you would be giving up too much too soon. For example, in a group project, you could discuss an idea with Canadians in your group only to find them develop that idea and make it their own without any reference to you. Some also could promise to pick you up in their car for a function in front of everyone only to let you down later without any reasonable excuse...it goes on and on but the main thing is just to be wise in dealing with them. Also you would get flashes of racism but the important thing is not to react but to rather find an opportunity to get back subtly at them...that’s just the way it is if you want to gain their respect.

18 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jan 01, 2020
Would love to visit Canada soon.
Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by Stallion93(m): 7:52pm On Jan 01, 2020
The same Canada that 1 Nitwit of an Human being, Nigerian at that even, made a thread here about how difficult and Frustrating life can be over there, Saying all the Rubbish on the need to remain in Nigeria..........
Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by merits(m): 7:52pm On Jan 01, 2020
9ja pple go soon spoil Canada,some people will hire or kidnap beautiful or handsome pikin and display them for free food and awuff things.
Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jan 01, 2020
maternal:

Hahaha took me years to master the politricks. Years!!!! Now I have mastered it, I run these fake oyibo devils. But what makes me laugh and feel sad is when a new immigrant comes here and you warn them. They never listen and fall for these fake devils until they get burned then vex.
I found this true and the reason has less to do with race and nationality. I think it has to do with the fact in Nigeria, majority follow the Christian or Muslim religion, and the followers are taught to treat people with respect and follow certain commandments.

However, Canada is mostly an atheist country and that might explain what you and I observed. Atheists don't live by any rules or dogma.
If people in your workplace or social circle are mostly Christian for example,you will not have any issues.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by cococandy(f): 7:57pm On Jan 01, 2020
We love Canada. Always visit at any chance we get. I especially love it over there.

If not more money, I prefer Canada to America

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by justwise(m): 8:02pm On Jan 01, 2020
pansophist:
The only thing that pisses me off about Canada is they treated the aboriginals.
Apart from that, Canada and Canadians are nice people generally. Even though they share a border with Yankees, they have managed to stay away from war and involve in all the bully their neighbours engaged in all around the world.

Canada or Australia?

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by dasparrow: 8:02pm On Jan 01, 2020
monfizzy:

I think Blacks are innately insecure and always crave for public validation to compensate for their insecurity. The act of showing off and unnecessary attention seeking is a way of obscuring one’s shortcomings.

You know, you don't know all black people on earth so stop generalizing. You are black aren't you? Okay. So since you are innately insecure and always crave for public validation to compensate for YOUR insecurity and you go on seeking attention to obscure your own shortcomings does not mean every black person is like you.

You Nigerians stay on Nairaland with your miserable selves constantly bad mouthing the black race as if doing so constantly will one day turn you into a white person.

Read my lips. No white person will respect a self hater like you. You won't earn any brownie points being a self hater. You have low self esteem and hate that you are black so stop projecting your self hate on black people worldwide. This is a new year. Change!

17 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by civilserva: 8:04pm On Jan 01, 2020
Lalaska:
So my wife and I took a few days off. It's pre thanksgiving and we decided to have lunch at a restaurant. We went with our 11 month old baby and sat beside a couple that were wrapping up their own lunch. They admired our beautiful baby and gave the usual compliments - "oh she's so cute", "How old is she" etc.
They left before us and when we concluded, asked for the bill. We received the shock of our lives when the waiter told us the couple had paid for our lunch, that they liked our baby. We were so surprised and didn't even have the opportunity to say thank you to them. These guys are super nice here and we indeed feel very grateful. Happy thanksgiving to all Canadians.

This is how humans behave, not here in Nigeria we very bitter persons

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by alphaNomega: 8:06pm On Jan 01, 2020
maternal:

Hahaha took me years to master the politricks. Years!!!! Now I have mastered it, I run these fake oyibo devils. But what makes me laugh and feel sad is when a new immigrant comes here and you warn them. They never listen and fall for these fake devils until they get burned then vex.

I'd like you to give an example
Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by blessingsonflee(f): 8:08pm On Jan 01, 2020
justwise:

This is the aspect of Christianity I detest. Deceiving people with all sorts of unproven spiritual mongering
don’t mistake Christianity with religion.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by Agugbadin: 8:09pm On Jan 01, 2020
KevMitnick:
Canada is a nice place with really nice people.

Nigerians seeing your post will rush to that country and spoil it with drugs the way they spoiled South Africa

4 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by IpobAntidote: 8:09pm On Jan 01, 2020
Canadians are nice but it's not all hunky dory.
The only place I have been robbed in my life is Toronto.
I hang out in cities all over the world including Lagos at night and I have never had a robbery experience except for Toronto.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jan 01, 2020
alphaNomega:

I'd like you to give an example
Just remember the heart of man is desperately wicked.And shine your eyes whichever city or country you go to and don't let a smile fool you.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by pansophist(m): 8:12pm On Jan 01, 2020
justwise:
[b]

Canada or Australia?

Canada
Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by aspirebig: 8:13pm On Jan 01, 2020
In Nigeria, someone will be rich and very stingy.

Is well.
Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by justwise(m): 8:14pm On Jan 01, 2020
pansophist:

Canada

I'm not sure where you got that from

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by justwise(m): 8:16pm On Jan 01, 2020
blessingsonflee:
don’t mistake Christianity with religion.

All the same thing. You can't separate chips from potatoes
Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by LaIabobo: 8:17pm On Jan 01, 2020
Mboi:
My friend, a tall huge black guy went for training in Canada, can't remember the City. He said when they went to one busy restaurant like that, they were looking at him like they've seen a monkey. He said it was embarrassing to him.

salford:

He likely we for training in a very small city. They might actually be friendly but just suprised or shocked to see a non-white person in town if they are not used to seeing one.

I remember working in a very small town where the toddler could not keep his/her eyes of me all through our(myself and 5 other white colleagues) time at the restaurant. grin. The parents were sort of embarrased.

We have had an hire at work who said he had not seen a black person in real life till he entered University.

While there are racist pricks out there, there are also people just shocked or suprised and would stare. The brave ones would come over to discuss American football thinking you are American - Ignorance.

Please..... Staring doesn't make them racist.

If a white man enters a village in Ogun state, I bet the villagers would stare at the white man, and stare along following him everywhere he go.

Sometimes, they just haven't seen someone of that color and it "amazes" them. They are only ignorant and unexposed.

6 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by milky3(f): 8:19pm On Jan 01, 2020
hisgrace090:
Canadians live a very descent lifestyle.

A friend told me how their policemen walks around the land unarmed ready to render one help or the other to either people who lost their way or return lost item to the rightful owner all with lovely smile.
these are system that works
Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by SoNature(m): 8:20pm On Jan 01, 2020
CastedDude:
Some pained people should keep on killing themselves because they cant leave the shores of Nigeria. Canadians are really nice people and relocating abroad is a very good move. God bless u guys who have shared their lovely stories. Cant wait to hear more.

For those planning on relocating to Canada, please don't go over there and finish the little reputation that Nigeria has left.

Everywhere Nigerians go, they export crime and unruly behavior.

Canada is good because their people made it so.

Those who contributed in destroying Nigeria now want to run away to Canada.

I plead that you don't export your evil deeds that are usually covered with religion

You are travelling to a country where the law works...if you do anyhow, you go see anyhow

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by seguno2: 8:20pm On Jan 01, 2020
Lalaska:
So my wife and I took a few days off. It's pre thanksgiving and we decided to have lunch at a restaurant. We went with our 11 month old baby and sat beside a couple that were wrapping up their own lunch. They admired our beautiful baby and gave the usual compliments - "oh she's so cute", "How old is she" etc.
They left before us and when we concluded, asked for the bill. We received the shock of our lives when the waiter told us the couple had paid for our lunch, that they liked our baby. We were so surprised and didn't even have the opportunity to say thank you to them. These guys are super nice here and we indeed feel very grateful. Happy thanksgiving to all Canadians.

Why can’t Nigerians, especially the ones who have visited/lived in Canada, behave like this
Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by RaptorX: 8:22pm On Jan 01, 2020
Not surprised by the comments on NL on any topic like this, it always the same black man evil white man good narrative. You people never dissapoints, very predictable with the oyinbo ass licking,

5 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by pansophist(m): 8:23pm On Jan 01, 2020
justwise:

I'm not sure where you got that from

It is quite a common knowledge that the treatment of the first nations by the Canadian government has not been good, I am surprised you do know about this.

https://origins.osu.edu/article/canada-s-dark-side-indigenous-peoples-and-canada-s-150th-celebration

8 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by inquisitiv: 8:24pm On Jan 01, 2020
AkeNathan:

Please can you share a story with us that we may draw valuable lessons from it. ( workforce stories )

Some of us here have landed a job in Canada and will depart here for there in coming months.

Is it possible to share how you got the job in Canada while in Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by einsteine(m): 8:26pm On Jan 01, 2020
pansophist:
The only thing that pisses me off about Canada is they treated the aboriginals. Apart from that, Canada and Canadians are nice people generally. Even though they share a border with Yankees, they have managed to stay away from war and involve in all the bully their neighbours engaged in all around the world.

Canada has participated in every single war the US has fought. There are Canadian soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

G20 Summit: Donald Trump's Motorcade Vs Vladimir Putin's Motorcade In Japan / Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? / NIGERIANS IN LONDON The Never Told Stories

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.