Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,777 members, 7,802,386 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:28 PM

My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada (76591 Views)

My Terrible Experience At Onitsha Motor Park / My Weird & Creepy Experience At Erin Ijesha Waterfalls / Photos From My Christmas Experience At Udo Udoma Park In Uyo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by Drenimarcus(m): 12:30am On Jan 02, 2020
justwise:

Why are you surprised at that? I'm a historian or claimed to be an expert on Canadian history?

Mr justwise, I do need your help sir. I made a quote on lionlee216 thread regarding his WhatsApp and I would like it deleted. Thank you.
Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by Hadampson(m): 12:36am On Jan 02, 2020
Gaba10:
Canadian are the nicest people in the whole wide world.

That's not true. You can't generalize based on what OP posted.

Every country has the good and bad people.

The problem we have is that we tend to see the whites as superior. Anything they do is good but if a black man should do the same, we can term it to something else.

Let's change for good please. This is a new year.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by Hadampson(m): 12:47am On Jan 02, 2020
sircrabo:
I really wish the world has good things to say about Nigeria and Nigerians the way people speak about canadians

The hospitality NIGERIANS usually give the foreigners cannot be seen in any country in the world.

Unfortunately, the media has propagated bad things about Nigeria which has made Nigeria seem like a war zone to most foreigners.

No doubt, Nigeria is nothing to write home about but we can't turn blind eyes to the beautiful tourist attractions the country has.

Here are some good reviews about Nigerians smiley

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by googi: 12:51am On Jan 02, 2020
Nigerians, Naija, OmoNaija na God I take beg una. Return Nigeria to the land where milk and wara flow.

Make your land, your town or fillage a better place to live. If you are too young ask your parents about Nigeria.

There is nothing in Canada that you cannot enjoy in your village except vanities. Right now in Canada, black children cannot buy a house like their parents did 20 or 40 years ago. Hard to believe myself until I saw a study in Toronto Star. I posted it here months ago but nobody paid attention.

Do you believe that Lagosians used to take pride in the fact that if a stranger enters Lagos in the morning, before nightfall, he would be fed, clothed and given a place to sleep.

It could never happen in Canada. Even in those days Canada would give you good education, no matter where you live unlike United States. So, it was a place to raise children.

But they would not give you professional jobs. You stood a better chance in the States. Yet Canadians would tell you not to go there because they hate blacks in the US.

Nigerians, do not fool yourselves, Nigeria is the only country you have.

Hate it or leave it and jump from frying pan to fire. Some of you already experience that you cannot claim rights outside Nigeria.

Stop fooling and selling fantasy to others. Nigeria is the only place a man would order a Star and Esiewu for everybody. Not in Canada!

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by Hadampson(m): 12:51am On Jan 02, 2020
Kvdag:
Canada is the best country on earth. I can testify to it

Maybe to you. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by Hadampson(m): 12:53am On Jan 02, 2020
olendave:
I have been hearing canada! canada! canada!

Who is that fellow that God want to use to take me to canada. pls show up now.

Don't wait for somebody to take you there. Take a step smiley
Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by Nobody: 1:03am On Jan 02, 2020
googi:
Nigerians, Naija, OmoNaija na God I take beg una. Return Nigeria to the land where milk and wara flow.

Make your land, your town or fillage a better place to live. If you are too young ask your parents about Nigeria.

There is nothing in Canada that you cannot enjoy in your village except vanities. Right now in Canada, black children cannot buy a house like their parents did 20 or 40 years ago. Hard to believe myself until I saw a study in Toronto Star. I posted it here months ago but nobody paid attention.

Do you believe that Lagosians used to take pride in the fact that if a stranger enters Lagos in the morning, before nightfall, he would be fed, clothed and given a place to sleep.

It could never happen in Canada. Even in those days Canada would give you good education, no matter where you live unlike United States. So, it was a place to raise children.

But they would not give you professional jobs. You stood a better chance in the States. Yet Canadians would tell you not to go there because they hate blacks in the US.

Hate it or leave it and jump from frying pan to fire. Some of you already experience that you cannot claim rights outside Nigeria.

Stop fooling and selling fantasy to others. Nigeria is the only place a man would order a Star and Esiewu for everybody. Not in Canada!
There will be a time you will fall into financial difficulty from losing your job or unexpected expenses suddenly come up and need help to pay rent/mortgage, car payment and other expenses. Majority of native Canadians and Nigerians live paycheck to paycheck in Canada. Nigerians are the only people you can rely on when you fall on hard times and your parents back home when you live in Canada. That is when you will realize your fellow Nigerian are some of the nicest people. A Nigerian will lend you money and may even ask you not to pay the balance if you borrow money

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by Hadampson(m): 1:28am On Jan 02, 2020
googi:

You can't claim your rights in Nigeria too

Canada do give professional jobs but you need to do some evaluations. You can't expect to work with a certificate from a third world country in a first world country. It's not acceptable and I'm sure you will agree with me on that.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by Hadampson(m): 1:35am On Jan 02, 2020
Vanhooijdonk:

There will be a time you will fall into financial difficulty from losing your job or unexpected expenses suddenly come up and need help to pay rent/mortgage, car payment and other expenses. Majority of native Canadians and Nigerians live paycheck to paycheck in Canada. Nigerians are the only people you can rely on when you fall on hard times and your parents back home when you live in Canada. That is when you will realize your fellow Nigerian are some of the nicest people. A Nigerian will lend you money and may even ask you not to pay the balance if you borrow money. No Canadian will ever lend you money- it is every man/woman for himself in this society.

Nigerians that passed their limits. The sensible NIGERIANS are not included.

@2nd bolded... A Canadian has sent me some money even without asking for it. The way you people generalize hastily amaze me.

Like i said in one of my previous posts, every country has the good and bad people.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by sokkatua: 1:40am On Jan 02, 2020
hisgrace090:
Canadians live a very descent lifestyle.

A friend told me how their policemen walks around the land unarmed ready to render one help or the other to either people who lost their way or return lost item to the rightful owner all with lovely smile.

Hahahahahaha,That is blatant lie ,dont be fooled by this feel good stories Canadian police dont hesitate to use violence when dealing with black people.I dont know where people are getting this impression that Canada is Eldorado

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by Kirinwa: 1:46am On Jan 02, 2020
Mizwisdom:
Why was my previous post deleted? grin

Like I posted before, one Nigerian paid for the flight tickets of more than 700 stranded country folks in S.A does that make all Nigerians kind? what of the bro who gave N1 million to a beggar and translator right here in Nigeria? so because one White person pays your meal and complements your baby it means all Canadians are nice grin

He didn't say that. Can't you see that most are sharing loving story about Canadians.

Since you don't have any experience, why not shut da fvck up niggar!
Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by Kirinwa: 1:50am On Jan 02, 2020
7Alexandre:

Maybe because of your negativity.

Most folks hate people with bad energy.

You know those people who wanna talk about the negatives only while ignoring the positive side.

Also couple with the fact that such negativity is coming from a woman.

Both you Mizwisdom & Timesup234 are like 5 & 6.

I always avoid people like that.

Because they never motivate you but tend to draw you into their territory with negative energy which is bad for human living.

Their matter tire me.
Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by googi: 2:09am On Jan 02, 2020
In which country apart from African countries can you work with a foreign certificate?

You cannot work with British medical degree in the USA. Even within US you have to pass state exams except where there is reciprocity to practice law.

The point here is not foreign degree, it is about well qualified African Canadians or African Americans that finished at Ivy league universities and found themselves jobless at the end of recruitment process by employers. Can you understand how hard it is to counsel them?

You guys must stop using lucky tokens as an example of success abroad. Indeed, it is one of the point of contentions between Africans and African Americans. If they are well qualified, how could children of foreigners find professional jobs in positions their fathers and mothers died for?

Hadampson:

You can't claim your rights in Nigeria too

Canada do give professional jobs but you need to do some evaluations. You can't expect to work with a certificate from a third world country in a first world country. It's not acceptable and I'm sure you will agree with me on that.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by therajah: 2:11am On Jan 02, 2020
Kindness is common thing in canada. Pple give others stuffs free of charge a lot!!

Mizwisdom:

Like I posted before, one Nigerian paid for the flight tickets of more than 700 stranded country folks in S.A does that make all Nigerians kind? what of the bro who gave N1 million to a beggar and translator right here in Nigeria? so because one White person pays your meal and complements your baby it means all Canadians are nice grin
Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by Nobody: 2:40am On Jan 02, 2020
One thing Nigerians should end in 2020 end is being Uncle Tom's-worshiping oyinbo people and foreigners at the expense of their own people. Nigerians are just as nice Canadians, it is the leaders that are evil.

There are many Nigerians supporting their entire extended families who are feeling the effects of the harsh economic environment and church/mosque members.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by needful: 3:16am On Jan 02, 2020
My Canada, peaceful land of milk and honey, the nicest people as far as north America is concerned. For those bad mouthing Canada on their work ethics, u need to go back to naija where ur colleagues cover up for u whenever u mess up. As for canadian colleagues, u get reported at a slightest mistake and our naija doesnt feel good about it. That is their own work ethics, accept it or return to naija where una dey loathe with pen simple. As for me, am enjoying it and will still do because it simply make me a honest soul.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by salford1: 3:35am On Jan 02, 2020
Vanhooijdonk:
One thing Nigerians should in 2020 end is being Uncle Tom's-worshiping oyinbo people and foreigners at the expense of their own people. Nigerians are just as nice Canadians, it is the leaders that are evil.

There are many Nigerians supporting their entire extended families who feeling the effects of the harsh economic environment and church/mosque members.
End of discussion.

Nigerians both home and abroad also give out stuffs, pay for strangers dinner, dash strangers money, give free rides, give awesome tips etc yet, no one makes a thread about it, or turn it to hot topic for market like we have seen on this thread grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by CandidNotes: 4:06am On Jan 02, 2020
Canadians have AUDIO niceness; they smile and are polite and even APPEAR helpful to your face but you won't believe the degree of betrayal and wickedness they would spring on you. You would be shocked that this "nice" person actually hates you. The difference between Canadians and Americans is that Americans are the devil you know, i.e, they don't pretend but Canadians are the Angels you don't know, i.e. You find out that the "nice" angel was actually a vicious demon with a mask on... I'm just trying to warn you my country people to spare you the pain your innocence may cause you...

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by madjune(m): 4:08am On Jan 02, 2020
This is the sort of posts Nigerians love.

People who are like angels ready to dash them heaven and earth without working for it and even if indeed they're angels; Nigerians will pay them back with ingratitude.

Already, they're spoiling provinces and regions over there with negative acts to show we wake up etc.

It was like this here in US years ago before Nigerians started duping their women and naive teens.

Sad.
Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by RaptorX: 4:33am On Jan 02, 2020
salford1:

This is not true cheesy. Police are always armed in Canada. It's in some European countries that you would find unarmed policemen.
Most of what this folks know about Canada is based on hearsay.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by salford1: 4:41am On Jan 02, 2020
RaptorX:
Most of what this folks know about Canada is based on hearsay.
Absolutely.
As we can tell from the mis-information on this thread.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by Nobody: 4:48am On Jan 02, 2020
CandidNotes:
Canadians have AUDIO niceness; they smile and are polite and even APPEAR helpful to your face but you won't believe the degree of betrayal and wickedness they would spring on you. You would be shocked that this "nice" person actually hates you. The difference between Canadians and Americans is that Americans are the devil you know, i.e, they don't pretend but Canadians are the Angels you don't know, i.e. You find out that the "nice" angel was actually a vicious demon with a mask on... I'm just trying to warn you my country people to spare you the pain your innocence may cause you...
There are nice Canadians but like any relationship it some takes some time to build trust and friendship.Don't go in with a naive mindset that everyone is friendly there like you would in any other country or you will regret when you encounter the kind of people outlined above with the AUDIO niceness. So, when they betray you and show you their true evil nature you won't be shocked.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by Dannyko: 5:04am On Jan 02, 2020
Lalaska:
So my wife and I took a few days off. It's pre thanksgiving and we decided to have lunch at a restaurant. We went with our 11 month old baby and sat beside a couple that were wrapping up their own lunch. They admired our beautiful baby and gave the usual compliments - "oh she's so cute", "How old is she" etc.
They left before us and when we concluded, asked for the bill. We received the shock of our lives when the waiter told us the couple had paid for our lunch, that they liked our baby. We were so surprised and didn't even have the opportunity to say thank you to them. These guys are super nice here and we indeed feel very grateful. Happy thanksgiving to all Canadians.
My family had a similar experience when we landed in August 2019.We went to a particular McDonald's right there in Downtown Edmonton waiting for a family friend and a white guy bought Burger for my hubby and I and got Icecream for our children(He saw that our table was empty). We were dazed.Canadians are so wonderful!I love my experience here.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by Cousin9999: 5:26am On Jan 02, 2020
There must be people in here trolling for their scammer visa/immigration/job services.

It could also be Canadian organizations trolling for desperation and cheap labor. Or Canadian universities trying to lie their way to more foreign $tudent$.

Beware if it sounds too good to be true. These could be human traffickers in here.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by Dannyko: 5:33am On Jan 02, 2020
Austeeenxx:
The way these people are talking about Canada, i am beginning to think it is the Biblical Heaven i read about during my Sunday school days.
Lol,Canada is not heaven but I can assure you it's way better than Nigeria;I honestly have no regrets moving here.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by Dannyko: 5:44am On Jan 02, 2020
salford1:

Hmmm. The workforce .. one needs to master the politics. If not, the intimidation, bullying, backstabbing, throwing others under the bus, subtle racism etc can be very overwhelming. However, I have mastered the art.

They are also not all nice outside the corporate world. I have had a few not so pleasant experience inside trains, car parks, inside aeroplanes etc. The fake smiles can be deceiving, so I always have my guards on just in case grin.

Overall, Canada is a pleasant country to live in.

Your words about the workforce is somewhat true!
Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by Airoflaw(m): 5:46am On Jan 02, 2020
Crownbefitsme:
In Nigeria here..
They will tell you dat dey have paid for your food

N also remind d waiter
Some waiters are not smiling
Some of them will still collect money for the food they paid for
cause we dont trust the waiter not to collect another money from them..
I do pay for someone i know in a bus or taxi.. But i need to tell the person. So the driver/conductor no go scam dem(some people can be criminals claiming smartness) Agbero .. grin
Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by adewumiopeyemi(m): 6:32am On Jan 02, 2020
By ending of this year am moving there to meet my brothers and mother

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by Mummymahdi(f): 6:41am On Jan 02, 2020
Mizwisdom:

Ur post was deleted because of ur negativity no one here is against Nigerians the OP was only showing how good Canadians are giving whole heatedly most Nigerians will shout to tell u I have settled ur bills so that the waiters won't collect double. And so u could say thank u. Allow ur self to loved and be loved Humanity is more than boundaries. Regions. Ethnicity and religion s

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada by Wallace2107: 6:49am On Jan 02, 2020
edoairways:
That is good. Am planning to relocate there, how is their weather over there?
very hot @ xmas grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

G20 Summit: Donald Trump's Motorcade Vs Vladimir Putin's Motorcade In Japan / Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? / NIGERIANS IN LONDON The Never Told Stories

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.