Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,767 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:31 PM

Sergio Aguero Reveals How He Learned To Play Guardiola's Way Style Of Football - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sergio Aguero Reveals How He Learned To Play Guardiola's Way Style Of Football (373 Views)

Has Anyone Notice This In The Super Eagles Style Of Play??? / Jurgen Klopp: 'Sergio Ramos Is Cancer To The Game Of Football' / Sergio Aguero Faints, Taken To Hospital At Halftime As Nigeria Defeats Argentina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sergio Aguero Reveals How He Learned To Play Guardiola's Way Style Of Football by stevespack(m): 8:56pm On Oct 11, 2019
Indeed Pep Guardiola taught Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero the intricacies of his tactical philosophy over dinner when the Spanish coach first arrived in English, it has been revealed.

Many thought Guardiola's appointment at the Etihad would see Aguero's role in the team diminish. He often criticised the forward, demanding more from him, and then went and signed Gabriel Jesus.
There was also concern that Aguero's time may be coming to an end when the pair were pictured in discussion at Italian restaurant Salvi's in Manchester in January 2017.
But, in the latest serialisation of the new book 'Pep's City: The Making of a Superteam', it has been revealed that Guardiola planned the dinner to help Aguero learn his tactical style.
The manager wanted his striker to press more, hold onto the ball better and work as hard as the rest of the first team squad were to grasp Guardiola's style.
In an extract published by The Sun on Thursday night, Aguero said: 'Pep asked me to try a new way of playing and I had to adapt. It wasn't easy but I had no choice.
'My game is totally different now from what I was doing five years ago at City. A total transformation. At that meal, we talked about loads of things.
'We kept postponing it and then when we finally met up, we talked about work for 20 minutes or so. The rest of the meal we spent chatting about other stuff, family, life in general.'
The 31-year-old remains a crucial player for the reigning Premier League champions and has cemented himself as the club's No 1 striker, seeing of the threat of Jesus.
He has 103 goals in his three full seasons and the first eight games of the new campaign under Guardiola, helping City to successive domestic titles.
Aguero admits he needed time to adapt to Guardiola's style but now sees the benefits of his tactics.
He added: 'When Pep arrived I was a bit taken aback by his intensity, it wasn't always easy to understand what he wanted.
'With Pep, it can feel like he's putting a lot of pressure on you. You start thinking, "I've got to play well" and only end up putting even more pressure on yourself.
'But I understood pretty quickly that's just how he is. Pep is super intense. He won't leave you alone for a second. There are no off days.
As a ManCity fan what do you think?
http://kingshost..com/2019/10/sergio-aguero-reveals-how-he-learned-to.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

Rohr: We’ll Invite More New Players To Super Eagles For Next Friendly Game / FOOTBALL POOLS 2019/2020 WEEK 28 / Sadio Mane Secures Win For Liverpool With VAR Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.