Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,435 members, 7,808,555 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:22 PM

When You Want Your Mind-Made husband. - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When You Want Your Mind-Made husband. (27061 Views)

Stop Looking For Ready-made Husband – Charly Boy Advise Nigerian Women / Opinion: If You Really Want Your Ex To Know You've Moved On, Stop Doing This! / When A Girl Says "I Don't Want Your Girlfriend To Come And Beat Me" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When You Want Your Mind-Made husband. by grimandevil: 1:22pm On Oct 20, 2019
Guest007:

Your portion isn't mine... Money is abundant in my reality. smiley

Small pikin d do u
Re: When You Want Your Mind-Made husband. by Nobody: 1:28pm On Oct 20, 2019
JONNYSPUTE:
. I agree. I keep wondering how a lady could not make a choice out of so many men that keep asking for their hands in marriage during their younger ages.It happened to two of my cousins, they are over 45 now. But what I couldn't understand was why it so. I knew then when I was growing up,they had numerous boyfriends and suitors.

They were looking for the likes of Dangote. The issue is the comparison they have with relations/friends; probably their friend or sister got married to a wealthy man this now turn a yardstick for choosing a man. If Mary could get married to Adenuga, I'm more beautiful I should get someone like him even better. Na so them go they till dem reach menopause.

2 Likes

Re: When You Want Your Mind-Made husband. by Cuteamigo1(m): 1:38pm On Oct 20, 2019
lefulefu:
in other places its normal for a lady to approach u or even give u sign if she likes you but in nigeria my brother it hardly happens
I agree not all women have the confidence to do this but with increase in education and exposure through social media trust me many women now shoot their shot. They are increasingly breaking the social barrier
Re: When You Want Your Mind-Made husband. by Nobody: 1:42pm On Oct 20, 2019
sisisioge:
Hmmm...all these long stories advising women to lower their standards just so they could quickly bear the prestigious title of "Mrs" sef.

No wonder we have a lot of unhappily married women who have resorted to either cheating rebelling against or simply unhappily accepting their fate in the resultant marriages. All because they settled for less due to the untoward pressure from the society... Alas, these men too end up cheating, abusing or even becoming suddenly single again in their middle age. Why, because the society have equated success to marriage, therefore every female of marriageable age should count herself lucky to be asked to bear that title before it becomes too late. Divorce, unhappy marriages, domestic violence, etc are reactions to unmet expectations.

Take a poll around NL posts (family session), gist in beer parlours, the neighbourhood or simply sit on your Nana's laps to hear gist. Marriage is a lifetime commitment that could turn awry if not done well. Slow down, know what you want, seek and don't settle for less. May God bless us with good people.

How about those women who went for what they want, unfortunately the man doesn't want them. They only end up being used and dumped.
Re: When You Want Your Mind-Made husband. by Toks2008(m): 1:48pm On Oct 20, 2019
BiggyB242:

How about those women who went for what they want, unfortunately the man doesn't want them. They only end up being used and dumped.

Ironically many ladies prefer this option.
Re: When You Want Your Mind-Made husband. by airprinz(m): 1:59pm On Oct 20, 2019
LadyGCrueDKilaB:
Story I can never marry or date a broke hass grin grin
You must be in your early or mid 20s for saying this. When you are 30 and still single, let's watch whether you will recap that statement of yours...Idiot keep fooling yourself

1 Like

Re: When You Want Your Mind-Made husband. by grimandevil: 2:01pm On Oct 20, 2019
Guest007:

Your portion isn't mine... Money is abundant in my reality. smiley

Small pikin d d worry u
Re: When You Want Your Mind-Made husband. by Nobody: 2:03pm On Oct 20, 2019
Toks2008:

Ironically many ladies prefer this option.

You aren't far from the truth, that's why you see this women trying to change their man and you wonder why can't they just leave.
Re: When You Want Your Mind-Made husband. by sisisioge: 2:35pm On Oct 20, 2019
BiggyB242:

So glad you're seeing the light...it is very wise for a woman or a man to continue to wait until they meet the person whose ideologies and theirs jive so as to avoid stories that touch. Simple. Even on this forum we have supposedly very eligible bachelors in their forties that are unmarried...now this can't be because there are shortage of women, right? It mostly likely would be that they've not met the one. May God help us all.
Re: When You Want Your Mind-Made husband. by sisisioge: 2:42pm On Oct 20, 2019
BiggyB242:

You aren't far from the truth, that's why you see this women trying to change their man and you wonder why can't they just leave.

Right. Why marry someone you would require to change eventually when you could just have kept looking until you get what you need in a partner? Again, settling for what's just available is counter productive eventually... No wonder, the society is mostly dysfunctional. By the way, you know this affects men who settle for less too. It is well.
Re: When You Want Your Mind-Made husband. by Nobody: 2:44pm On Oct 20, 2019
sisisioge:

So glad you're seeing the light...it is very wise for a woman or a man to continue to wait until they meet the person whose ideologies and theirs jive so as to avoid stories that touch. Simple. Even on this forum we have supposedly very eligible bachelors in their forties that are unmarried...now this can't be because their are shortage of women, right? It mostly likely would be that they've not met the one. May God help us all.

My friend. These brothers in their forties can still find a woman who wants them but the probability of our aunts at that age finding a man is very slim. Most of these men don't want to settle down, still enjoying the single hood not that can't find the one.

1 Like

Re: When You Want Your Mind-Made husband. by Blackmiserable(m): 2:50pm On Oct 20, 2019
Toks2008:
Do you know that 99% of ladies who are still single at marriageable ages have no business with singlehood?

Many ladies pray to GOD every now and then for a spouse but unknown to them, GOD has blocked his ears to their prayers...WHY? Because God has already given them a spouse but they rejected his choice for them due to the preconceived unrealistic standards they have already created in their minds of what a good husband should be. The average woman does not really want a good man or a good husband in the real sense but what she wants is her own fantasy idea of what a good husband is supposed to be, in order words, she already has her MIND MADE HUSBAND...

Whilst men may get away with this mind-made choice because they are at a vantage position due to their ability to walk up to any lady of their choice, a lady may find It very difficult to do the same...maybe things would have been easier if ladies can walk up to the man that has their standards to decisively woo them and make them fall for them, propose to them and stay married to them shocked

Whilst I totally agree that it is perfectly ok to set a standard as regards the type of husband you want, it is sacrosanct that you do not cross that line from realistic standards to fantasy and you can't pray to GOD to give you a good husband and at the same time give him conditions...if you want GOD to lead a good husband to find you then allow him to do just that.

*Work on yourself to be independent financially and you won't care if your man is jobless, broke or earns 30k per month at the moment cos the state of being broke or poor is relative and temporary.
*Sixpack or a good body frame does not equate to a good husband.
*A big dck is not a guaranty that he will be a good husband.
*That he is rich does not mean you are also rich.
*You will hardly find a rich man that will be there for you whenever you need him.
*It is very unrealistic to expect a good husband to act or look like the super romantic sexy F boys you have met in the past and hoping to turn a F boy into a husband is lame.
*A man is not supposed to be cute like ladies who are regarded as the fairer sex or must be tall to be considered a good husband...what a man needs to have is a genuine desire for you.
*You can never date a pastor, a divorcee, can't marry a man with kids, you can't date a workaholic and you want a rich man, you can't be with a guy who is not fluent, who talks too much, he has to belong to a certain tribe, religion or even church denomination, must have a certain skin color, must have good dress sense, must be based abroad or from a certain country, he must not be too young or too old as if age gap is a prerequisite for a good marriage...
*He texts you or calls you too much or so into you and you feel he is not your type!...would you rather prefer he cares less?
*You want a good guy or husband but you have bad manners, you act and dress indecently and your nude or semi-nude pics and videos are all over social media and you dare crave for a good man angry
*Your feelings for a man as important as it is can not guaranty that he will have the same feelings for you and if you marry a man you have feelings for but does not have true feelings for, sister you are finished maritally.
*You Have friend-zoned and you keep friend-zoning the good guys and running after bad boys like a jinxed lady and you still talk about how difficult it is to find good men...
*You don't want to build a life with him cos you feel he will leave or cheat on you if he is made...strange!... I can go and on highlighting a series of unrealistic standards many ladies look for in a prospective good husband.

No matter how you pray and no matter the number of the singles summit you attend, If you are not ready to forget your false standards and make a serious compromise, you may remain single for a very very long time. l believe that the most paramount desire of an unmarried lady is to have a GOOD husband who will love and care for her and any other thing should be secondary and when you pray to GOD FOR a husband, blank your mind from any Imaginary standard you have created for yourself and allow GOD HAVE HIS WAY or simply develop the balls to approach any guy that matches your imagination and stop bothering GOD.

Stop bothering God? LMAO!!!!

Haha, thank you.
Re: When You Want Your Mind-Made husband. by sisisioge: 2:51pm On Oct 20, 2019
BiggyB242:

My friend. These brothers in their forties can still find a woman who wants them but the probability of our aunts at that age finding a man is very slim. Most of these men don't want to settle down, still enjoying the single hood not that can't find the one.

Oh, my mistake then. I must have been hearing/seeing things grin grin

By the way, dont limit yourself to naija shore alone. Women are still killing it out there in their thirties, forties and even fifties. Although I must agree that men got to kill it far longer than that. Again, stop thinking within alone...the world is far outreaching out there smiley
Re: When You Want Your Mind-Made husband. by Nobody: 2:54pm On Oct 20, 2019
sisisioge:

Right. Why marry someone you would require to change eventually when you could just have kept looking until you get what you need in a partner? Again, settling for what's just available is counter productive eventually... No wonder, the society is mostly dysfunctional. By the way, you know this affects men who settle for less too. It is well.

No you got it all wrong, the standard most women talk about today is materialistic (physical appearance and financial capabilities). Ask any woman what kind of man she wants, it will be centred on those two things I have mentioned. Mary end up getting married to rich man with a smoking/drinking habit, that habit she tries to change.

My opinion is you should be able to give what you want, so it is with respect to "standard". Those standard should be realistic because at the end you might never get such kind of man, probably to late when you realise.

1 Like

Re: When You Want Your Mind-Made husband. by sisisioge: 2:57pm On Oct 20, 2019
BiggyB242:

No you got it all wrong, the standard most women talk about today is materialistic (physical appearance and financial capabilities). Ask any woman what kind of man she wants, it will be centred on those two things I have mentioned.

My opinion is you should be able to give what you want, so it is with respect to "standard". Those standard should be realistic because at the end you might never get such kind of man, probably to late when you realise.

Of course! Standards should be within realistic measures. Even Disney world knows this by now.
Re: When You Want Your Mind-Made husband. by Nobody: 3:01pm On Oct 20, 2019
sisisioge:

Oh, my mistake then. I must have been hearing/seeing things grin grin

By the way, dont limit yourself to naija shore alone. Women are still killing it out there in their thirties, forties and even fifties. Although I must agree that men got to kill it far longer than that. Again, stop thinking within alone...the world is far outreaching out there smiley

I'm speaking from Nigeria point of view, that's where we are. When our sister has watch too much zee world and forget they are in Nigeria. In the western world a woman can have 4 kids with different men and still find a man try that in Naija, even with just a kid no mother will want his son to get married to a woman with a kid esp if he doesn't have any yet.
Re: When You Want Your Mind-Made husband. by sisisioge: 3:11pm On Oct 20, 2019
BiggyB242:

I'm speaking from Nigeria point of view, that's where we are. When our sister has watch too much zee world and forget they are in Nigeria. In the western world a woman can have 4 kids with different men and still find a man try that in Naija, even with just a kid no mother will want his son to get married to a woman with a kid esp if he doesn't have any yet.

Oh...another of my mistakes o. I assumed the OP was talking about women in general or at the least, our women both home and abroad considering that he was writing from the comfort of the abroad grin. Besides, NL has women from around the globe reading it. Also, haven't you heard that naija folks are running abroad by the dozen everyday? Hmmm

No vex...let's just agree that all of us will be alright last last. Enjoy the rest of your afternoon.
Re: When You Want Your Mind-Made husband. by Nobody: 3:26pm On Oct 20, 2019
BiggyB242:

When toasting man or a woman, get am for mind say them fit use you and dump. It's part of the game. It's normal nau
Re: When You Want Your Mind-Made husband. by Nobody: 3:50pm On Oct 20, 2019
condemn:

When toasting man or a woman, get am for mind say them fit use you and dump. It's part of the game. It's normal nau

Women can say "no" from the onset "at the stage of toasting", but you know our Naija men are cheap they hardly say no to a woman advances.
Re: When You Want Your Mind-Made husband. by Nobody: 3:53pm On Oct 20, 2019
BiggyB242:

Women can say from the onset "at the stage of toasting", but you know our Naija men are cheap they hardly say no to a woman advances.

Me i nor cheap oh. I dey turn women down back to back as long as them nor be my spec

1 Like

Re: When You Want Your Mind-Made husband. by Nobody: 3:58pm On Oct 20, 2019
sisisioge:

Oh...another of my mistakes o. I assumed the OP was talking about women in general or at the least, our women both home and abroad considering that he was writing from the comfort of the abroad grin. Besides, NL has women from around the globe reading it. Also, haven't you heard that naija folks are running abroad by the dozen everyday? Hmmm

No vex...let's just agree that all of us will be alright last last. Enjoy the rest of your afternoon.

Okay, I was referring to Nigerian women in Nigeria. Have a nice day.
Re: When You Want Your Mind-Made husband. by djon78(m): 4:35pm On Oct 20, 2019
Don’t wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles & less than perfect conditions. So what. Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow more stronger, more skilled, more self-confident & more successful You.
Re: When You Want Your Mind-Made husband. by favy19(f): 4:54pm On Oct 20, 2019
you are correct,am hoping to get the ryt one soon no tym to check tym again,standard ke

1 Like

Re: When You Want Your Mind-Made husband. by Lxgking(m): 5:01pm On Oct 20, 2019
Toks2008:
Do you know that 99% of ladies who are still single at marriageable ages have no business with singlehood?

Many ladies pray to GOD every now and then for a spouse but unknown to them, GOD has blocked his ears to their prayers...WHY? Because God has already given them a spouse but they rejected his choice for them due to the preconceived unrealistic standards they have already created in their minds of what a good husband should be. The average woman does not really want a good man or a good husband in the real sense but what she wants is her own fantasy idea of what a good husband is supposed to be, in order words, she already has her MIND MADE HUSBAND...

Whilst men may get away with this mind-made choice because they are at a vantage position due to their ability to walk up to any lady of their choice, a lady may find It very difficult to do the same...maybe things would have been easier if ladies can walk up to the man that has their standards to decisively woo them and make them fall for them, propose to them and stay married to them shocked

Whilst I totally agree that it is perfectly ok to set a standard as regards the type of husband you want, it is sacrosanct that you do not cross that line from realistic standards to fantasy and you can't pray to GOD to give you a good husband and at the same time give him conditions...if you want GOD to lead a good husband to find you then allow him to do just that.

*Work on yourself to be independent financially and you won't care if your man is jobless, broke or earns 30k per month at the moment cos the state of being broke or poor is relative and temporary.
*Sixpack or a good body frame does not equate to a good husband.
*A big dck is not a guaranty that he will be a good husband.
*That he is rich does not mean you are also rich.
*You will hardly find a rich man that will be there for you whenever you need him.
*It is very unrealistic to expect a good husband to act or look like the super romantic sexy F boys you have met in the past and hoping to turn a F boy into a husband is lame.
*A man is not supposed to be cute like ladies who are regarded as the fairer sex or must be tall to be considered a good husband...what a man needs to have is a genuine desire for you.
*You can never date a pastor, a divorcee, can't marry a man with kids, you can't date a workaholic and you want a rich man, you can't be with a guy who is not fluent, who talks too much, he has to belong to a certain tribe, religion or even church denomination, must have a certain skin color, must have good dress sense, must be based abroad or from a certain country, he must not be too young or too old as if age gap is a prerequisite for a good marriage...
*He texts you or calls you too much or so into you and you feel he is not your type!...would you rather prefer he cares less?
*You want a good guy or husband but you have bad manners, you act and dress indecently and your nude or semi-nude pics and videos are all over social media and you dare crave for a good man angry
*Your feelings for a man as important as it is can not guaranty that he will have the same feelings for you and if you marry a man you have feelings for but does not have true feelings for, sister you are finished maritally.
*You Have friend-zoned and you keep friend-zoning the good guys and running after bad boys like a jinxed lady and you still talk about how difficult it is to find good men...
*You don't want to build a life with him cos you feel he will leave or cheat on you if he is made...strange!... I can go and on highlighting a series of unrealistic standards many ladies look for in a prospective good husband.

No matter how you pray and no matter the number of the singles summit you attend, If you are not ready to forget your false standards and make a serious compromise, you may remain single for a very very long time. l believe that the most paramount desire of an unmarried lady is to have a GOOD husband who will love and care for her and any other thing should be secondary and when you pray to GOD FOR a husband, blank your mind from any Imaginary standard you have created for yourself and allow GOD HAVE HIS WAY or simply develop the balls to approach any guy that matches your imagination and stop bothering GOD.
I hope this makes sense.

just wowed!!!! shocked
Re: When You Want Your Mind-Made husband. by abbatoir(m): 7:51pm On Oct 20, 2019
Fountainofyouth:

True sometimes, one time I met my heart desire then found out down there is too small for my heart desire, I left him grin

Point is, all you want can't be packaged in one person, you just have to make do with it anyhow, but for me presently, I got a full package wink
But rather you got what you deserve... no luck in nature... trust me!
Re: When You Want Your Mind-Made husband. by Divay22(f): 9:42pm On Oct 21, 2019
airprinz:
You must be in your early or mid 20s for saying this. When you are 30 and still single, let's watch whether you will recap that statement of yours...Idiot keep fooling yourself
Learn to respect someone's opinion smiley
Re: When You Want Your Mind-Made husband. by Nobody: 12:40am On Oct 22, 2019
grimandevil:

Small pikin d d worry u

This is a compliment grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: When You Want Your Mind-Made husband. by Nobody: 12:49am On Oct 22, 2019
The first 2 comments changed their original comment for LIKES cheesy cheesy cheesy

Artificial world or what grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin abeg add more smiles grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy grin grin grin grin grin
Re: When You Want Your Mind-Made husband. by Nobody: 12:56am On Oct 22, 2019
Error corrected embarassed
Re: When You Want Your Mind-Made husband. by airprinz(m): 4:29am On Oct 22, 2019
Divay22:

Learn to respect someone's opinion smiley
There are some opinions that need not to be respected. Hers is an example of it

1 Like

Re: When You Want Your Mind-Made husband. by chigoizie7(m): 10:55pm On Nov 11, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
Exactly.... It all lies in the ability to be smart, or should I say lucky to know the right one when he shows up. For an average lady, how many guys approached her in her single days? Out of the several or few that approached her, her type might have been there.

Well, you are correct. But in some other cases, she might as well find herself in a very tight situation that she could not give that heart desire a chance .

Let’s say I am her heart desire, like I am the full package, but by the time I came across to her, she was already in a relationship with someone , who was a little bit close to the full package, this not giving me any chance.

In such situations, I would not have advised her to ditch her current guy to try to explore with me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ladies What Do Guys Really Do That Annoys You? / Twitter User Exposes A Lady Who Used Her Photos To Seek For Partner On Twitter / Checkout This Oyinbo (white) Groom's Amazing Dancesteps At His Wedding (pic/vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.