Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,390 members, 7,808,378 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:10 AM

Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England (216813 Views)

Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (108) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Redder97(m): 5:14pm On Jun 28, 2020
dre11:

Liverpool deserve guard of honour- Guardiola

https://thenationonlineng.net/liverpool-deserve-guard-of-honour-guardiola/

Just felt proud that we are having it in the home ground of our rivals who took it from us by shear luck last year

Sheer luck? They deserve it more.
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by mindful01: 5:32pm On Jun 28, 2020
openmine:

I have not...you just didn't comprehend properly....i am not referring to the present!

This is where you saw manutd....now slowly read why i included manutd using what i have already highlighted!
Its not based on performance but the support base during that time!

How many big stars have Manu attracted in recent times
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Kenneth10110(m): 5:44pm On Jun 28, 2020
mindful01:

CHECK MY SIGNATURE BROH, WE HAVE VERY ACTIVE GROUP

Arsenal not Liverpool
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by openmine(m): 5:45pm On Jun 28, 2020
mindful01:

How many big stars have Manu attracted in recent times
Oga drop your sentiments for manutd and carefully read what i hightlighted......i was not referring to the present!
If i say a child grew up dreaming of playing for a club then,i would be implying that such child may have been watching these clubs during the mid and early 90s when the likes of manutd were dominant in the EPL....mancity just won their first EPL in 2012!
They haven't even won a UCL!
.....and FYI,i am a LFC supporter but without sentiments!
So relax!
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by marvin906(m): 5:53pm On Jun 28, 2020
Minemrys:

we have curtis j0nes and takumi as AM. We need a left back cover. Milner can't keep filling that role. We also need a CB cos lovren is leaving. We need a winger as shaqiri is leaving, and a real number 9 that is goal oriented.

shaqiri said he's not leaving...
and the real no 9 will bench who
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Minemrys: 6:09pm On Jun 28, 2020
marvin906:

shaqiri said he's not leaving...
and the real no 9 will bench who
bros, we can't keep using firmino 24/7. There are times we need to change tactics.
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by marvin906(m): 6:14pm On Jun 28, 2020
Minemrys:

bros, we can't keep using firmino 24/7. There are times we need to change tactics.

unless kloop is ready to sell origi nothing is gonna happen..
or do you be want us to go back to the dark ages where we had more than 4 striker's
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Minemrys: 6:18pm On Jun 28, 2020
marvin906:

shaqiri said he's not leaving... and the real no 9 will bench who
i d0n't think shaqiri would say openly that he is leaving. Even coutinho didn't.
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jun 28, 2020
SirMichael1:
Next season? Can't wait! The last time you guys won the league was with alex and it is an undeniable fact that he always bought his ways to trophies and that explain your trophy drought after he left? So how are you guys going to do it next season? Getting rashford and pogba to fall each time in the 18 yard? Or asking B. Fernandes to work strictly on fk and pks? Why do I always see cr7 in Bruno? Another Penaldo? More of Penandes? grin grin cheesy

TAA has been at the base of our attack and defense. He is that perfect modern day RB. His crosses so accurate that he's second to the best in chances created and assist ranking. Please where is Aaron? Tackling doesn't win you games, goals do. The earlier baby face offloads him and get a good RB, the better. cheesy

One day, a picture of TAA about to take a set piece will be in all museums the world over and AWB will be in Bolton Wanderers tacKling his carreer. cheesy cheesy
It seems some of your fellow Liverpool fans are retards. You really should advice them on how to have a civil discussion and how to engage in banter. Look at one idiot up there insulting me just because of football. I am out of here, I don’t like people who cannot have a simple discussion about football with a rival without being insulting.
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Minemrys: 6:45pm On Jun 28, 2020
openmine:

I do agree that we lost our brand due to inconsistency and poor management of our earlier success!
Though liverpool are getting to that stage,consistency will definitely be attained with competing and improving!
This will also include patience from the owners and players during difficult times...fergie also had his down period at manutd but the then owners believed and backed him and they came back again!
That won't be a problem. Fsg always gives chances. It's for them to support in terms of buying players and kn0wing when to sell and when n0t to. The stories i hear abt fsg is that, they usually sell playerz fr0m their club to their direct rivals. Imagine selling van dijk to man u? Fsg is that way with bost0n red sox. And they're g0od at making fans lower expectati0ns. For instance, they are okay with us winning just 1 trophy a seas0n. B4 the start of the seas0n, they told J. K to focus on just the Epl and Ucl. The players had to c0nvince J. K they wantd to go to Doha. So, you see, i d0n't trust fsg. Other owners would want to go for everything.

True!
Though i felt coutinho should have stayed for atleast a year before leaving barca....his attitude when he wanted to go was unacceptable!
Though i won't mind having him back at anfield cheesy cheesy
that's the problem, if he had waitd, the m0ve may n0t have happened. Yea, i'd want coutinho back. He loves the club. And he'd give his all if granted a sec0nd chance.

Success has many friends!
In addition,they saw the progress and they were willing to be patient!
So credit to them to some extent!

I made mention of timing because he is coming from a league that is so flexible...and its easy to target all competitions available!
Pep recently echoed Klopp's concern about the timing and muddled up fixtures in the english football!
Most managers dont like the idea of having too many fixtures esp during christmas and new year but none has been able to speak up!
Imagine putting a league cup fixture 2 days before a world club cup semi finals in far away dubai....who does that?
grin grin
As long as he remains competitive towards the title and champions league,no one will give notice to the FA and carabao cup(that offers no better incentives other than pocket money and some mini glory cheesy)....when the english Fa is ready,they will review their heavily jam-packed fixtures just to make money!
bros, forget that timing crap abeg. In prior seas0ns that we didn't play Cwc, did we win the FA or league cup? What of this seas0n when he gave chelsea the quarter final on a platter? And we were points ahead in the Epl? Or that mess up against ATM? N0w, we for dy Ucl in a free august seas0n. J. K or fsg better go for all. No trophy is t0o big or small. What of in a seas0n where we slip the league or Ucl? So we go trophyless that seas0n? I want clubs to fear us and to be that, we need to win even the c0mmunity shield. J. K wey dy talk, him no win german puskas abi DFB trophy?

First i think is really unfair and unfortunate that you label their feat a 'fluke'.....
Fluke is an unlikely chance or occurrence
.....this is a team that was second last year and only missed by just one point to eventual winners mancity and yet still came back in this season, despite many predicting their fall,to win the EPL with just 7 games to spare....the earliest club to have achieved such feat so far in the league!
You can refer to the EPL win of blackburn rovers or leicester city as a fluke but certainly not that of liverpool!
Mancity knew before now that they only had just one good defender after the exit of Kompany but Pep believed in the likes of Stones and Nicolas Otamendi but they failed him woefully! Is that the fault of liverpool?
I do have my issues with Lovren whom i believe will be leaving by the end of this season,but including fantastic 'fabinho' with weak lovren in the same category is really hilarious and at the same time preposterous grin grin
Well thats your opinion!
what i am saying is, had we been forced to rely on lovren and a make shift CB for half the seas0n, we would've felt it.

Mancity unfortunate with VAR?
Ohh please....that's an unwanted excuse! grin
As if they are not the main beneficiaries of VAR decisions esp penalties which they always miss grin grin
that one dy, but in their games against man u, var did them bad. N0t that i pity them sha.

ok[/quote]
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by saydfact(m): 6:54pm On Jun 28, 2020
We Neve Walk Alone.

King of the world �
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by ojay85: 7:07pm On Jun 28, 2020
How can I join Liverpool fan zone Lagos Chapter please...... we need to celebrate our victory

1 Like

Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by SirMichael1: 7:23pm On Jun 28, 2020
sylvalord:
It seems some of your fellow Liverpool fans are retards. You really should advice them on how to have a civil discussion and how to engage in banter. Look at one idiot up there insulting me just because of football. I am out of here, I don’t like people who cannot have a simple discussion about football with a rival without being insulting.
Apologies for that. I cautioned few when i came it earlier. You have to understand that some people are naturally angry people and respond angrily, thereby saying things that would make a person be like them. Angry.

No biggie. I'll drop by your thread time to time. Hopefull i'll get a warm reception.
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by openmine(m): 7:41pm On Jun 28, 2020
Minemrys:

That won't be a problem. Fsg always gives chances. It's for them to support in terms of buying players and kn0wing when to sell and when n0t to. The stories i hear abt fsg is that, they usually sell playerz fr0m their club to their direct rivals. Imagine selling van dijk to man u? Fsg is that way with bost0n red sox. And they're g0od at making fans lower expectati0ns. For instance, they are okay with us winning just 1 trophy a seas0n. B4 the start of the seas0n, they told J. K to focus on just the Epl and Ucl. The players had to c0nvince J. K they wantd to go to Doha. So, you see, i d0n't trust fsg. Other owners would want to go for everything.

Oga i dont pay attention to mere speculations as you have said above!
So the players convinced klopp to play in a world club cup trophy?
....and FSG are okay with a trophy per season?
Do you have proof of your assertions?
Please dont say stuffs based on hearsay or beer parlour gist!
Lets do facts! Please!

Minemrys:

bros, forget that timing crap abeg. In prior seas0ns that we didn't play Cwc, did we win the FA or league cup? What of this seas0n when he gave chelsea the quarter final on a platter? And we were points ahead in the Epl? Or that mess up against ATM? N0w, we for dy Ucl in a free august seas0n. J. K or fsg better go for all. No trophy is t0o big or small. What of in a seas0n where we slip the league or Ucl?

There is no crap in what he is saying!
The English football on its own is too jammed!
This is why he needed to make some trophies a priority esp the major ones!
So what would you have him do if he had a major tournament like the world club cup and the FA puts a league cup fixture 2 days later?
Well the buck stops at his table and no one can truly blame him for prioritizing two major trophies in UCL and EPL over the FA cup and league cup!
Until the FA reviews the fixtures of the FA and carabao cup,he will keep doing what he has been doing and he has my support! Simple!

Lastly,its unfortunate you said they messed up against ATM and Chelsea.....after giving their all last year esp travelling days to dubai and playing during christmas and new year,its expected that some of the players will be obviously showing signs of fatigue which was too obvious when we met an average team like Bournemouth and only managed a 2-1 win over them!
Nobody esp fans want to lose a match but it will happen and when it does,it must not weigh us down to the point where we blame a manager that has taken us to this humongous height!
Its when you are down that you know what you are made of.....we lost to chelsea and ATM but we are now celebrating the ultimate trophy that had eluded us for many years all thanks to Klopp!

Minemrys:

So we go trophyless that seas0n? I want clubs to fear us and to be that, we need to win even the c0mmunity shield. J. K wey dy talk, him no win german puskas abi DFB trophy?

Maybe i didn't make myself explicit enough for you to comprehend!
The German league where Klopp comes from suspends their league for Christmas and resume on the second week of the new year!
This will ensure the players get the needed rest....the players though paid huge amount of funds are not machines...even machines need rest!
This flexibility in the German league ensures that top clubs like Dortmund and Bayern can compete in different trophies which includes the DFB trophy(likened to the FA cup in England) like you rightly pointed out without resting any of their star players!
Same is applicable in other top leagues like Spain and Italy except the English league where you have to play 10 games(which includes Fa cup matches) inside 12 days!

Minemrys:

what i am saying is, had we been forced to rely on lovren and a make shift CB for half the seas0n, we would've felt it.

But the same Lovren played along side VVD when Gomez was off form and matip injured and he did okay though we all know his shortcomings
No one likes to lose most of their star players,however,you have to manage until these players are back fit.....i remember last season when Fabinho and Henderson were asked to play the role of CB!

Minemrys:

that one dy, but in their games against man u, var did them bad. N0t that i pity them sha.

You can call games where VAR went against them but have you called games where it favoured them?
Twice VAR favoured them against Tottenham yet they missed their penalty!
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jun 28, 2020
SirMichael1:
Apologies for that. I cautioned few when i came it earlier. You have to understand that some people are naturally angry people and respond angrily, thereby saying things that would make a person be like them. Angry.

No biggie. I'll drop by your thread time to time. Hopefull i'll get a warm reception.
Apologies accepted. cool

You are welcome to visit the Manchester United thread anytime. But be warned, the guys there can be savage sometimes. grin

Before I forget; AWB>>>>>>TAA all day, twice on match days grin
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by SirMichael1: 12:20am On Jun 29, 2020
sylvalord:
Apologies accepted. cool

You are welcome to visit the Manchester United thread anytime. But be warned, the guys there can be savage sometimes. grin

Before I forget; AWB>>>>>>TAA all day, twice on match days grin
Disclaimer: After reading this, you're sure to have a bad day. For manures only.

Sleep with this... 'TAA is the most valuable RB in the world right now'. Aaron realizing that 'cross and inshallah' made TAA the most valuable and not tackling, dude started going forward and began to cross. grin grin ;

As usual TAA rewritting standards. smiley ANYWAYS, Come watch as we unravel the mystery behind the etihad stadium on thursday.
cheesy
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Nobody: 6:23am On Jun 29, 2020
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by yachal: 11:23am On Jun 29, 2020
On the Anfield pitch giants were slain
Manchester United groaned in pain
Guardiola's head hangs at the entrance
Chelsea wish'd it was just a trance

Even in difficult times our fans smiled
The forever wait came to an end
You 'll NevA walk Alone, we sang
Miles apart, but together at heart

One day, I will be dead
And on my tombstone, it must be read
"Here lies the guy, who was a red
Everything Liverpool filled his head"

For corona virus, the world stopped
I looked up and li'pool topped
And after three decades, The Reds pop
Thanks to the normal one, Jurgen Klopp!

3 Likes

Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jun 29, 2020
yachal:
[s]On the Anfield pitch giants were slain Manchester United groaned in pain Guardiola's head hangs at the entrance Chelsea wish'd it was just a trance
Even in difficult times our fans smiled The forever wait came to an end You 'll NevA walk Alone, we sang Miles apart, but together at heart
One day, I will be dead And on my tombstone, it must be read "Here lies the guy, who was a red Everything Liverpool filled his head"
For corona virus, the world stopped I looked up and li'pool topped And after three decades, The Reds pop Thanks to the normal one, Jurgen Klopp![/s]
Trash
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Minemrys: 1:14pm On Jun 29, 2020
yachal:
On the Anfield pitch giants were slain Manchester United groaned in pain Guardiola's head hangs at the entrance Chelsea wish'd it was just a trance
Even in difficult times our fans smiled The forever wait came to an end You 'll NevA walk Alone, we sang Miles apart, but together at heart
One day, I will be dead And on my tombstone, it must be read "Here lies the guy, who was a red Everything Liverpool filled his head"
For corona virus, the world stopped I looked up and li'pool topped And after three decades, The Reds pop Thanks to the normal one, Jurgen Klopp!
nice poem, kopite. Walk On! With hope in your heart!
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jun 29, 2020
handelex:
Trash
Manure fan spotted.
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by openmine(m): 6:36pm On Jun 29, 2020
yachal:
On the Anfield pitch giants were slain
Manchester United groaned in pain
Guardiola's head hangs at the entrance
Chelsea wish'd it was just a trance

Even in difficult times our fans smiled
The forever wait came to an end
You 'll NevA walk Alone, we sang
Miles apart, but together at heart

One day, I will be dead
And on my tombstone, it must be read
"Here lies the guy, who was a red
Everything Liverpool filled his head"

For corona virus, the world stopped
I looked up and li'pool topped
And after three decades, The Reds pop
Thanks to the normal one, Jurgen Klopp!

Superb! smiley
Permission to copy please?
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by openmine(m): 6:43pm On Jun 29, 2020
Just thinking.....The spanish goalkeeper Adrian who just signed this season for Liverpool must be a very fortunate guy.....

He spent most of his playing career at west ham and won nothing!

Not even a league cup medal!

But the moment he came to Liverpool, he won the Uefa Super cup,World club cup and now the EPL in just one season!

Amazing! cheesy

This life sha!

Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jun 29, 2020
SirMichael1:
Disclaimer: After reading this, you're sure to have a bad day. For manures only.

Sleep with this... 'TAA is the most valuable RB in the world right now'. Aaron realizing that 'cross and inshallah' made TAA the most valuable and not tackling, dude started going forward and began to cross. grin grin ;

As usual TAA rewritting standards. smiley ANYWAYS, Come watch as we unravel the mystery behind the etihad stadium on thursday.
cheesy
LiVARpool will cheat their way to a 1-0 win on thurday. Its is known tongue
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by SirMichael1: 8:14pm On Jun 29, 2020
openmine:
Just thinking.....The spanish goalkeeper Adrian who just signed this season for Liverpool must be a very fortunate guy.....

He spent most of his playing career at west ham and won nothing!

Not even a league cup medal!

But the moment he came to Liverpool, he won the Uefa Super cup,World club cup and now the EPL in just one season!

Amazing! cheesy

This life sha!
That's what we do. We make any player's shortwhile memorable. Look at all these star players from jadon sancho to timo werner trying to get into liverpol because they know how better their carreers will move further. I can bet my 3 balls that if messi leaves camp nou, he'll want to come to anfield.

cc: Sylvalord

1 Like

Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Sniper4real(m): 3:32pm On Jul 01, 2020
This place too dry sha
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by shurlar50(m): 8:22am On Jul 02, 2020
openmine:

grin grin grin
He is now worth more than that today
Lmao, imagine saying Mane is a bit overpriced for that small amount now�
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by openmine(m): 2:06pm On Jul 02, 2020
shurlar50:

Lmao, imagine saying Mane is a bit overpriced for that small amount now�
grin grin
The best bargain so far is andrew robertson!
I can't even believe that moreno was even playing ahead of him....as soon as moreno got injured,Robertson grabbed the opportunity with his hands and legs cheesy

1 Like

Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Minemrys: 2:12pm On Jul 02, 2020
openmine:

grin grin
The best bargain so far is andrew robertson!
I can't even believe that moreno was even playing ahead of him....as soon as moreno got injured,Robertson grabbed the opportunity with his hands and legs cheesy
same way, we'll never imagine an academy player benching one of our fr0nt 3 should chance be given.
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by openmine(m): 2:46pm On Jul 02, 2020
Minemrys:

same way, we'll never imagine an academy player benching one of our fr0nt 3 should chance be given.
Abi?
That's a possibility ohh
Who would ever believe that TAA would take d place of Clyne and now neco is breathing down his neck!
Meanwhile,Brewster is banging different types of goals currently!
He recently scored a lovely freekick for Swansea....if these younger players can compete with the senior players,we may not need to buy much in d summer transfer window!

1 Like

Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Minemrys: 3:04pm On Jul 02, 2020
openmine:

Abi?
That's a possibility ohh
Who would ever believe that TAA would take d place of Clyne and now neco is breathing down his neck!
Meanwhile,Brewster is banging different types of goals currently!
He recently scored a lovely freekick for Swansea....if these younger players can compete with the senior players,we may not need to buy much in d summer transfer window!
just wait for eliott and j0nes. N0w that the league is w0n, i want J. K to gather liver play those guys. To be fair, i d0n't see us buying next seas0n. We still have harry wils0n oh.

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (108) (Reply)

Paris Saint-gemain FC Fan Thread: Les Rouge-et-bleu..."Revons plus grand" / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) / Manchester City Fan Thread!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.