Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,179 members, 7,807,569 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:26 PM

Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (75) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England (216763 Views)

Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (108) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by openmine(m): 3:52pm On Jun 14, 2022
EerinLakatabu:
He isn’t getting above that at Bayern. Why do you think Gnabry wants to leave Munich ? All the best to Mane! I wish it was Salah being sold though.

Salah wants to stay hoping a contract will be signed but nevertheless,salah wants to stay....mane wants to leave even if he was offered a new contract....I wish him well!
He will always remain a legend at LFC!
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Silentgroper(m): 5:35pm On Jun 14, 2022
AnfieldFan:

Wrong... Bayern will pay him above that...Way above that....
Ok. Lets watch nd see.. If e enter 250. Mke i knw wetin happen..
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by openmine(m): 7:11pm On Jun 14, 2022
Liverpool FC have completed the signing of Darwin Nunez from Benfica, subject to the successful granting of a work permit and international clearance.

The Uruguayan forward has signed a long-term contract with the Reds after finalising personal terms and completing a medical at the AXA Training Centre.

Get your ‘Darwin 27’ LFC shirt at our online store now

Nunez arrives at Anfield after two seasons in Portugal with Benfica, where he scored 48 goals from his 85 appearances in all competitions.

The 22-year-old has also earned 11 senior caps for Uruguay to date, after making an international debut in October 2019.

“I’m really happy and delighted to be here at Liverpool. It’s a massive club,” Nunez told Liverpoolfc.com in his first interview.

“I’d like to thank my partner and my parents and my son, who is a real source of pride for me. They’ve been really important to me in the stages in my career. I’m really proud of them, and for the work we do, me and my partner, as a team and I’m grateful to her that I’m here.

“It’s a pleasure to be here in Liverpool and I’m very happy to be a part of this great club.

“I’ve played against Liverpool and I’ve seen them in lots of games in the Champions League, and it’s my style of play. There are some great players here and I think it’s going to suit my style of play here.

“As I say, I’ve watched quite a lot and it’s a very big club and I hope I can give everything that I’ve got in order to help the team.”

Nunez’s career in first-team football started at Club Atletico Penarol, having risen through the youth ranks at the Uruguayan club.

He then earned a move to Spain with second-tier side UD Almeria, spending the 2019-20 campaign there before joining Benfica.

1 Like

Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by AnfieldFan: 7:22pm On Jun 14, 2022
�Officially: Liverpool have confirmed the signing of Darwin Nunez subject to international clearance and work permit approval. Initial fee of £64m and deal could end up totalling £85m if personal/team targets are met. Player has signed a six-year contract.
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by AnfieldFan: 7:22pm On Jun 14, 2022
• Liverpool made an enquiry for Erling Haaland but dropped out of contention when the finances required to do a deal was revealed.

• Liverpool held talks with Kylian Mbappe before he signed a new 3 year deal with PSG.

• Liverpool have broken their transfer record to sign Darwin Nunez.

FSG have been looking to make a statement!
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by uniqueuser(m): 4:34pm On Jun 16, 2022
Silentgroper:
Ok. Lets watch nd see.. If e enter 250. Mke i knw wetin happen..
The weekly wages on qoute is actually 350k
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Silentgroper(m): 5:36pm On Jun 16, 2022
uniqueuser:

The weekly wages on qoute is actually 350k
on quote.. It's nt fixed yet..
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by EgusiShankly: 11:11pm On Jun 18, 2022
AnfieldFan:

FSG have been looking to make a statement!

Those stringy Yanks. Buy midfielder that is an obvious need for the team, they are waiting till next summer
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Minemrys: 3:34pm On Jun 19, 2022
EgusiShankly:

Those stringy Yanks. Buy midfielder that is an obvious need for the team, they are waiting till next summer
I think we are going to change system this season and use less Midfield. I see us using double 6 pivot Midfield of Fabinho, Thiago, Henderson, Keita, Chamberlain, Trent this season. A 4-2-3-1or 4-4-2. Don't forget Jota is also a midfielder.
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Nobody: 11:04am On Jun 20, 2022
Minemrys:

I think we are going to change system this season and use less Midfield. I see us using double 6 pivot Midfield of Fabinho, Thiago, Henderson, Keita, Chamberlain, Trent this season. A 4-2-3-1or 4-4-2. Don't forget Jota is also a midfielder.

Jota,midfielder?
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Lordsagna: 11:30am On Jun 20, 2022
Kloppo:

Jota,midfielder?
False 9 I guess....more like firmino
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Nobody: 11:41am On Jun 20, 2022
Lordsagna:

False 9 I guess....more like firmino

No don't think so....he was a left winger and supporting striker for wolves before we bought him

3 Likes

Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Minemrys: 7:32pm On Jun 20, 2022
Kloppo:

Jota,midfielder?
Sure. He has played as one for Liverpool before in a 4-4-2. He has dropped deeper in a few games before.
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Neimar: 8:07pm On Jun 20, 2022
No longer Champions of England undecided
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by openmine(m): 9:23pm On Jun 20, 2022
Liverpool 'ready swap deal bid' for Nicolo Barella who Jurgen Klopp wants 'at all costs'
Liverpool could be set to offer Naby Keita in exchange for Inter Milan midfielder Nicolo Barella according to reports. The Italian side are rumoured to have placed a £77 million transfer fee on Jurgen Klopp's target, which is beyond what the Anfield side are willing to pay. They are therefore looking at adding Keita to the deal in order to bring the price down.
Barella is one of the key stars within the Inter squad and has another four years on his contract, hence the high asking price. The 39-times capped international played 48 games in all competitions for the Serie A runners up last season, scoring four goals and contributing a further 13 assists.
Keita joined Liverpool in a £50million deal in 2018, inheriting Steven Gerrard’s famous number eight shirt. He has failed to properly impress at Liverpool, however, often finding himself left on the bench at the expense of the preferred midfield trio of Thiago, Fabinho and Jordan Henderson. Now he could be set to leave the club as a makeweight in a deal for the former Cagliari midfielder.

My Opinion: Still a rumor but will be delighted to have a player like Barella in that midfield!
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Silentgroper(m): 10:05pm On Jun 20, 2022
Although i've nt watch barella play but anything to have keita out seems okay to me.

2 Likes

Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Minemrys: 6:52am On Jun 21, 2022
openmine:
Liverpool 'ready swap deal bid' for Nicolo Barella who Jurgen Klopp wants 'at all costs'
Liverpool could be set to offer Naby Keita in exchange for Inter Milan midfielder Nicolo Barella according to reports. The Italian side are rumoured to have placed a £77 million transfer fee on Jurgen Klopp's target, which is beyond what the Anfield side are willing to pay. They are therefore looking at adding Keita to the deal in order to bring the price down.
Barella is one of the key stars within the Inter squad and has another four years on his contract, hence the high asking price. The 39-times capped international played 48 games in all competitions for the Serie A runners up last season, scoring four goals and contributing a further 13 assists.
Keita joined Liverpool in a £50million deal in 2018, inheriting Steven Gerrard’s famous number eight shirt. He has failed to properly impress at Liverpool, however, often finding himself left on the bench at the expense of the preferred midfield trio of Thiago, Fabinho and Jordan Henderson. Now he could be set to leave the club as a makeweight in a deal for the former Cagliari midfielder.

My Opinion: Still a rumor but will be delighted to have a player like Barella in that midfield!
Fabrizio Romano has proved it's false. Liverpool are planning to give Keita a new contract. No more signings unless Klopp sees something in pre season.
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by openmine(m): 9:38am On Jun 21, 2022
Minemrys:

Fabrizio Romano has proved it's false. Liverpool are planning to give Keita a new contract. No more signings unless Klopp sees something in pre season.
Read my opinion below on that news

Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by openmine(m): 9:52am On Jun 21, 2022
Silentgroper:
Although i've nt watch barella play but anything to have keita out seems okay to me.
Watched him during the euros!
Was behind Italy's drive to the finals!
Dynamic,skillful,fast,can hold the ball at very important areas...an absolute hole player(cool
The last season he had an injury later on which marred intermilan's drive for d scudetto!
To be honest,I have watched keita at RB Leipzig and I can't believe wat I am watching him play at LFC!
He hasn't even played his 50% potential of what he did at Germany!
I assume injury and the fact that he is aging!
Forget about his 25 official age....keita is in his early 30s or late 30s!
He played his best footy at Germany!
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by AnfieldFan: 3:02pm On Jun 21, 2022
EgusiShankly:

E tire me Sir grin
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by AnfieldFan: 6:09pm On Jun 29, 2022
New pitch....Next season..

Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by AnfieldFan: 6:09pm On Jun 29, 2022
This boy sef ....Make e no whine us ooo.. grin grin

Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by AnfieldFan: 6:10pm On Jun 29, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_EYVNPf6w4

Just something to smile at...A magician performing.. cool cool
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by AnfieldFan: 6:15pm On Jun 29, 2022
Kloppo
Silentgroper
Finesse
CapDan21
Minemrys
Openmine
Uniqueuser

How do y'all feel about FSG's decision to go into next season without adding a CDM...I understand we are keeping Ox, Morton could be given more game time as a CDM...Fabio can play as a 10, Bobby will be a 10 too...I really wanted Barella, maybe we go back for him in January...

Elliot will have more chances to play his preferred right wing in cup games , since Salah never gets injured..

All in all, I feel like if we get Barella(I know it's not happening), we might tip City to the league...
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by openmine(m): 7:43pm On Jun 29, 2022
AnfieldFan:
Kloppo
Silentgroper
Finesse
CapDan21
Minemrys
Openmine
Uniqueuser

How do y'all feel about FSG's decision to go into next season without adding a CDM...I understand we are keeping Ox, Morton could be given more game time as a CDM...Fabio can play as a 10, Bobby will be a 10 too...I really wanted Barella, maybe we go back for him in January...

Elliot will have more chances to play his preferred right wing in cup games , since Salah never gets injured..

All in all, I feel like if we get Barella(I know it's not happening), we might tip City to the league...
Yeah i wish we could get Barella but he comes at a very high price in excess of 95m which may not seem feasible for the club and whether he is available or wants to play for LFC is another issue!
Another player we could go for is Tielemans which i feel is a decent midfielder!
However,transfer window closes by the end of August...so lets wait and see!
Another
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by CAPdan21(m): 8:07pm On Jun 29, 2022
AnfieldFan:
Kloppo
Silentgroper
Finesse
CapDan21
Minemrys
Openmine
Uniqueuser

Omoh we need another midfielder...our midfield options apart from the main 3 is surprisingly poor...Ox has regressed, keita moves from one extreme to the other, either very good or very poor, Jones has failed to step up despite his massive talent, Calvarlho and Elliot are still relatively unproven...Even in the first 3 Thiago is injury prone, and hendo really felt his age last season...My thinking is that they want to go for Bellingham next season when he'll probably be available...
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Minemrys: 2:24am On Jun 30, 2022
AnfieldFan:
Kloppo
Silentgroper
Finesse
CapDan21
Minemrys
Openmine
Uniqueuser

I think the plan is to see what happens in pre season.
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by AnfieldFan: 8:55am On Jun 30, 2022
CAPdan21:

Omoh we need another midfielder...our midfield options apart from the main 3 is surprisingly poor...Ox has regressed, keita moves from one extreme to the other, either very good or very poor, Jones has failed to step up despite his massive talent, Calvarlho and Elliot are still relatively unproven...Even in the first 3 Thiago is injury prone, and hendo really felt his age last season...My thinking is that they want to go for Bellingham next season when he'll probably be available...

Because of the amount of chances we create and the addition of Fabio, I'm not really peeved we are not getting him this summer.. I need Barella before Bellingham...But Fsg waiting till next season when more teams will vie for his signature is an excuse that has already been set in motion...If they truly wanted him, sell off Ox, get him...Swap Keita for Barella and balance 30-40 m....
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by AnfieldFan: 8:59am On Jun 30, 2022
openmine:

Yeah i wish we could get Barella but he comes at a very high price in excess of 95m which may not seem feasible for the club and whether he is available or wants to play for LFC is another issue!
Another player we could go for is Tielemans which i feel is a decent midfielder!
However,transfer window closes by the end of August...so lets wait and see!
Another

Barella isn't going for 95 mill, not even close...As for coming to Liverpool, every player wants to go to a more successful and competitive league... Don't fall for FSG's shenanigans...

I've seen Tielemans play, and he's not special...His work rate is suspect, the game tends to pass him by, similar to how the game sometimes passes Keita by...We need a Midfielder that can and is willing to get into the thick of the action, and Barella does that...Man was a prominent figurehead behind Italy's last Euros win....
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by openmine(m): 9:16am On Jun 30, 2022
AnfieldFan:

Barella isn't going for 95 mill, not even close...As for coming to Liverpool, every player wants to go to a more successful and competitive league... Don't fall for FSG's shenanigans...

I've seen Tielemans play, and he's not special...His work rate is suspect, the game tends to pass him by, similar to how the game sometimes passes Keita by...We need a Midfielder that can and is willing to get into the thick of the action, and Barella does that...Man was a prominent figurehead behind Italy's last Euros win....
Inter values him more than that and he doesn't intend leaving inter Milan!
The player hasn't signified an interest to leave serie-A or inter Milan for the EPL or LFC hence it will be madness to make such request!
LFC must go for players with the desire to play for LFC not because they were forced to accept a fee and play in the EPL for money like De Jong!
So far FSG has proven to be quite instrumental in their purchases and have avoided the temptation to be as exorbitant like the manutd owners!
If you need a player and he is unavailable, you look for another alternative!
I love Barrella and I would love him to play for LFC but he loves Milan and may not leave until his early 30s to a less serie-A club or to the american major soccer league....they are not really good travellers around europe like EPL players!
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by AnfieldFan: 9:49am On Jun 30, 2022
openmine:

The player hasn't signified an interest to leave serie-A or inter Milan for the EPL or LFC hence it will be madness to make such request!
LFC must go for players with the desire to play for LFC not because they were forced to accept a fee and play in the EPL for money like De Jong!
So far FSG has proven to be quite instrumental in their purchases and have avoided the temptation to be as exorbitant like the manutd owners!
I love Barrella and I would love him to play for LFC but he loves Milan and may not leave until his early 30s to a less serie-A club or to the american major soccer league....they are not really good travellers around europe like EPL players!

What are you on about?
Did Nunez seek a move, did Diaz, did Mane seek a move before we went for him?

Did Bobby seek a move from Hoffeinham, did Fabio tell anyone he wanted to come to Liverpool before we went for him, you approach a club and a player's agent if you're interested....

Barella is playing in Milan, if Liverpool table an offer, Barella won't reject it...Who told you we are forcing him to come to us, did we force Salah to come to us?

As for Inter valuing him at 95 mill, that's irrelevant if there is no release clause..
His current market value is 70m, most players go below their market value, offer Keita and 30-40m and you're good to go..
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by AnfieldFan: 9:57am On Jun 30, 2022
openmine:

How is Barella unavailable, where did you get this info?

Did we table an offer that was rejected?

Barella is available, Inter are looking to make money because they know it's unlikely they will be able to keep him till 2026. He's 25 now, has had a fantastic two seasons of football, the smart move is to cash out now...He could be in a long-term injury next season and derail his chances of moving... Barella is here because he hasn't had any significant interest from big clubs, what if Bayern or PSG become interested next season, it means we then get into a bidding war...

Dortmund just slapped a 103m Euros price tag on Jude, someone we could have gotten for 60 this summer....And I already predicted we would have to compete for his signature next summer before I saw the update..

If Barella doesn't come, it won't be because he doesn't want to play for Liverpool like you're insinuating, it would most likely be for footballing reasons..

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (108) (Reply)

Paris Saint-gemain FC Fan Thread: Les Rouge-et-bleu..."Revons plus grand" / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) / Manchester City Fan Thread!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.