Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,539 members, 7,801,509 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:18 PM

Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England (216432 Views)

Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (108) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Mobinga: 2:00pm On Jan 08, 2011
Poor Roy. Disgraced Out embarassed
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by RuuDie(m): 5:49pm On Jan 08, 2011
Mobinga:

Poor Roy. Disgraced Out embarassed

I wouldn't particularly say "disgraced". . . . but Roy has my sympathy all the same. Never really given time to make his mark and build his own team --- he's a decent manager and woulda at the very least steadied the ship given time.
Over to king kenny, lets see if he is any better!!?
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by bgees(m): 9:17pm On Jan 08, 2011
illusion2:

Unfortunately despite the 'phenomenal run' they ended up with nothing  tongue

Consistency is the name of the game (a marathon rather than a sprint) ,one reason I'm concerned for Mainz  smiley

they ended up winning nothing because a certain 'Ibisevic' got injured. and it didn't really matter considering where they were coming from and how they played .
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by bgees(m): 9:21pm On Jan 08, 2011
RuuDie:

I wouldn't particularly say "disgraced". . . . but Roy has my sympathy all the same. Never really given time to make his mark and build his own team --- he's a decent manager and woulda at the very least steadied the ship given time.
Over to king kenny, lets see if he is any better!!?

very funny. If he was given time as u said, we would be playing championship football next season.
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by jaephoenix(m): 7:13am On Jan 09, 2011
sorry been away 4 a while@dayo,blood of Jesus!Wonders, dey say, shall never end.So its a B ayern Munich fan dats insultin a Liverpool fan.Ewu,where we ve been u people ll never dream of goin.Imagine,just 4 chmps leag,1 uefa,1 super cup;comparin urself 2 a team dat has 5 champs leag,3 uefa,3 supercup.We may b in a bad patch now,Dayo,but I'd rather b a Liverpool fan dan Bayern,thank u.
UEFA gave d badge of honor to only 3 teams-Real Madrid,AC Milan n Liverpool.Dat badge is a constant reminder 2 other teams 2 emulate these clubs.It ll 4 eva b on their jerseys,even trainin kit
4 a fan of a club in a substandard league,u sure make a lot of noise.how many people talk about German league,how many stations(both local n satellite)show it?
imagine dem callin demselfves 'Reds' tryin 2 emulate us
Damn Dayo dear,pls RESPECT
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by slimshay(m): 8:20am On Jan 09, 2011
^^^I can tell you in advance. Even though he's an acute m0r0-n DK is gonna eat u up!!!
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Nobody: 10:08am On Jan 09, 2011
hmmm, at last.
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by illusion2: 8:04pm On Jan 09, 2011
bgees:

they ended up winning nothing because a certain 'Ibisevic' got injured. and it didn't really matter considering where they were coming from and how they played .

There's always an excuse for everything bro.
Anyway to matters arising,i can't wait for this season to end mehnnnn sad
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by HNIC(m): 8:43pm On Jan 09, 2011
cheesy
from ryan babel on twitter

Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Mobinga: 7:02am On Jan 11, 2011
Good Times Will Soon Be

Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by bgees(m): 5:36pm On Jan 19, 2011
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by HNIC(m): 12:29pm On Jan 24, 2011
Meireles' goal at the weekend
A contender for Goal of the Season?
Sure!
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by dayokanu(m): 7:21am On Jan 25, 2011
While you guys are still w@nking alone, I heard Ryan Babel is on his way to Hoffenheim
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by daylae(m): 11:40am On Jan 27, 2011
^^be certain of a better replacement.
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by illusion2: 4:51pm On Jan 28, 2011
Hello guys . . .its been a while. I've been on the road recently.

How una dey?
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by bgees(m): 7:26pm On Jan 28, 2011
[size=16pt]WE SIGNED SUAREZ!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin[/size]

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/reds-agree-suarez-deal

I can't believe it. We are in this deep mess, yet we can still attract top talent!!

[size=16[color=#990000][/color]pt]YNWA!!![/size]
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by duduspace(m): 10:16am On Jan 29, 2011
What kind of disrespect to Liverpool is this?  If I were Liverpool, I would sell Torres for anything above 35m and get in 1 more decent but defensive minded MF like Meireles as well as a competent and solid CB to fill in and replace Carragher in the long term. Ngog is coming along nicely and will only get better if given the right backing and yu've already got Suarez.
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by McCoy91(m): 11:51am On Jan 29, 2011
despite the dip in form this season el nino is a cult figure at anfield. Selling will. . .I won't exactly say, turn fans against Kenny. If Suarez adjusts superbly, Torres continues his improvement, we get Charlie Adam (oh Lord, please), master that art of passing that Kenny has brought along, who knows? Almost nothing is impossible. .
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by duduspace(m): 12:05pm On Jan 29, 2011
It is attachment to players like this that ultimately brings a club down. If he really likes the club, he won't be handing in a transfer request. Cesc never handed in a transfer request and everyone was telling us we should sell him.
No player is ever greater than a club, if he wants to go then let him go.
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by McCoy91(m): 12:27pm On Jan 29, 2011
^^ yeah, £50m plus drogba. Lol. Seriously, though, don't you think that maybe if we had not been so quick to consent to Alonso and Masc wanting out, we might still be sitting comfortably up there? Am asking this even though am someone who hates having discontent players around. Btw, for £40m or more, I don't mind Torres leaving. . . .by summer.
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by duduspace(m): 1:09pm On Jan 29, 2011
McCoy91:

^^ yeah, £50m plus drogba. Lol. Seriously, though, don't you think that maybe if we had not been so quick to consent to Alonso and Masc wanting out, we might still be sitting comfortably up there? Am asking this even though am someone who hates having discontent players around. Btw, for £40m or more, I don't mind Torres leaving. . . .by summer.

Maybe, but it was Rafa who unsettled Alonso by lusting after Gareth Barry and then replaced him with an injury prone Aquilani, Mascherano wanted out because things had already fallen apart. If you don't sell Torres now, you run the risk of poor performances and him leaving for a lot less than 40m in the summer.
Get the money, buy quality players for yur team and rebuild. There is really no use playing big team now, he that is down needs fear no fall.
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by McCoy91(m): 2:02pm On Jan 29, 2011
Its not possible to woo and hope to get a world class striker between now and monday. And yes, we still have a long way to fall. The coach enjoys a popularity now that might begin to wane if he lets Torres go now and you know how that has affected our club before.
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by duduspace(m): 3:06pm On Jan 29, 2011
I don't think the fans would be wise to turn on Dalglish if he lets Torres go. In this instance, it is the player forcing a move and not the club selling him. Do you really think Arsene would have held on to Cesc if he put in a transfer request? The only player who has put in a transfer request at Arsenal was Kolo Toure and he withdrew it very quickly and it didn't become public knowledge until he was sold in the summer.

In a situation where it becomes a public knowledge and its not just that the player is angling for more money like Rooney then wahala go dey. Particularly when another club is offering this kinda money, its in Liverpool's interest to take that money and not end up with a sulking player on their hands whose value reduces daily. How many years remain in his contract sef?
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by bgees(m): 8:13pm On Jan 29, 2011
Torres has already dug his own grave. His betrayal is just so painful. The guy is a greedy bastard.

He could have done better by handing in transfer request in the summer and not at this time when everyone is still happy about the Suarez capture.

If I was in the club's management. I would reject his transfer request(which they have already done), start a bidding war between Chelsea and Man City and any other club. Then , sell him for nothing less than 40 million.

and just to destroy the rest of his career, I'd sell him to Chelsea, where his career will go down fast.
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by bgees(m): 12:31am On Jan 30, 2011
Suarez just had his Liverpool medical.

There are also rumours that Torres'agent started this whole wahala. Torres had written the transfer request when we were not busy in the transfer market. his silly agent allegedly submitted when Suarez had signed.

Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by A40(m): 7:39am On Jan 30, 2011
Na him go first hand in transfer request? Yall better force him to stay! Last time I checked he was under contract
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by RuuDie(m): 8:49am On Jan 31, 2011
bgees:

very funny. If he was given time as u said, we would be playing championship football next season.

Very funny. . . . lets see what mascot "King Kenny" will do --- maybe he will somehow magically wrestle back 1 of the 4 UCL spots!
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by dayokanu(m): 5:27pm On Jan 31, 2011
Shebi Tevez sef hand in transfer request?  Rooney nko?

Well the guy is tired of being trophyless, Not all players are hopeless like Arsenals who can withstand half a decade of trophylessness.

In other news, Andy Carroll rumoured to Liverpool for 35m GBP. Is England the headquarters of stupidity? This is way more than Villa, Dzeko or Zlatan
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by manmustwac(m): 6:53pm On Jan 31, 2011
Andy Carrol is on his way to liverpool for a medical after agreeing a £35 million shocked shocked pound transfer fee.
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by duduspace(m): 7:31pm On Jan 31, 2011
dayokanu:

In other news, Andy Carroll rumoured to Liverpool for 35m GBP. Is England the headquarters of stupidity? This is way more than Villa, Dzeko or Zlatan

Na so some people dey talk say make Arsenal buy Cahill for 20m, dem no know say we no dey take cap clean yansh. Anyway, its just more money for Mike Ashley to buy liquor, I don't expect Newcastle to do anything meaningful with the money.  grin
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by ritchboy(m): 7:43pm On Jan 31, 2011
35m for Carroll? grin grin grin

There's a new sheriff maga in town. . . NESV! cheesy
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:48pm On Jan 31, 2011
e be like dese english pple don decide to open shop dey scam all d foriegn ownees, all dese tins dey ridiculous. haha, buh liverpool disappoint me sha, why? sake of say make dem nor talk say dem dey milk liverpool? ridiculous.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (108) (Reply)

Paris Saint-gemain FC Fan Thread: Les Rouge-et-bleu..."Revons plus grand" / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) / Manchester City Fan Thread!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.