Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,876 members, 7,802,818 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:35 PM

What Made You Pick Interest In Programming - Programming (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Made You Pick Interest In Programming (73703 Views)

Do Certificates Matter In Programming / If You Are To Advice Between Python And Java, Which Would You Pick? / Differences Between Testing And Debugging In Programming Of Software Application (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Made You Pick Interest In Programming by tslim0404(m): 11:40am On Nov 22, 2019
MountainView:
Hello there, my fellow programmers and aspiring , now let me ask you,

Why did you choose to become a programmer??

For me, i picked interest after watching the TV series Kyle XY and I've enjoyed the journey so far...

How can I be a good programmer
Re: What Made You Pick Interest In Programming by tslim0404(m): 11:41am On Nov 22, 2019
ambitiouschap:
I choose it since I was in jss1 just because of the colour the notepad brings when coding then, but now I want to be an app and web developer.

but the journey is quite challenging because I only have a midrange phone.

How can you be of help for a learner like me
Re: What Made You Pick Interest In Programming by shegzhkn: 11:53am On Nov 22, 2019
MountainView:

What are your thought about it?
where do i start from sef?
Re: What Made You Pick Interest In Programming by MountainView: 12:00pm On Nov 22, 2019
shegzhkn:

where do i start from sef?

Anywhere
Re: What Made You Pick Interest In Programming by shegzhkn: 1:06pm On Nov 22, 2019
MountainView:

Anywhere

First , inputting into search bar and clicking search , it makes the search button 'unclickable' and then takes more than two century to bring out search result page.

Secondly, creating separate tab for different website (olist , jumia ,etc) is that really necessary ?
why not develop a strong algorithm to put the best of the best on top ,kind of your own pagerank and hummingbird

Did you develop the mobile app natively or u use the website codebase to build the app ?
Re: What Made You Pick Interest In Programming by Maskyy(m): 1:24am On Nov 23, 2019
Wow lots of aspirer programmers and experience ones... I "hello world" you all.

Following the trend from the start till now, have been reading some comments on *YouTube* video as a form of learning for beginners. Nope, this is not right. Don't learn from YouTube, you will hardly see the mistake, which is part of the code learning, sometimes called BUGS.

As a beginner in programming, learn by theory. I repeat it, learn by theory. Read that book until you fall and rise from that mistake, and later you'll understand the "why's" and "how's" of the code.

To all my boss here, Am a software developer, front end precisely. ******No details*****

You love web right, start from here......

1. https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Learn/ (start from HTML, CSS , JavaScript...... At this point you can choose your part yourself)

2. **Google search w3school site( cool for everyone and there explanations are superb)

3. Open a github account and Try to understand how github work for a start. Not hard at all but leave it aside if you don't get it easily. That will be later.

4. Get yourself a codepen account. (If you don't know what to do with, leave it aside, later on you will).

5. Get yourself a LinkedIn account if you can. Start building your portfolio from the start. Don't leave it aside. Get use to the network. It's not a social network like fb, instag, its a professional platform.

6. After few training, register with codewar.... Learn by coding. You must code. Yes you must for a better understanding.

7. Freecodecamp is nice. Check it. It may work for you.

Yap... I will recommend these books...
1. Jon duckett HTML and CSS
2. Jon duckett JavaScript and jquery.
3. Eloquent JavaScript (new edition)

Pls afford a premium lesson, either online or offline. There's a greater merit in having a strong tutor.

Also join platform and community that talk about what you do. Either on fb or elsewhere. Try to get to those better than you.

You can find some free books on pdfdrive site (I wish to have such an online library too)

What else friends... Pls feel free to work with templates. Download lots of free templates and check there codes. With that you will learn more.

This should be the first, I don't why I place it here... Algorithm, data structure (some said it's a compt. Science school package. Whatever for non compt. Scie., get books online and understand the little you can at least for a start).

To end the whole talk... Once you embark on this journey, you won't stop learning ooooo. Maybe until you have something to rest on (not deaths but rich enjoyment i.e money$$$). Don't worry, there's too much money in the industry....

If you can trust your ability apply for Andela code competition or internship.

Also apply for site like codewar monthly competition.

Again, I greet all my Seniors here.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Made You Pick Interest In Programming by Eggovic: 8:54am On Nov 23, 2019
Re: What Made You Pick Interest In Programming by larryplaytv(m): 10:37am On Nov 23, 2019
[quote][/quote]Who will teach me how to program
I want to learn programming language
Re: What Made You Pick Interest In Programming by Maskyy(m): 10:57am On Nov 23, 2019
larryplaytv:
Who will teach me how to program
I want to learn programming language

Two ways to learn....

1. Self - taught.
2. Pay to get a tutor either private or learning institutes.

Pros and cons of the two sides......

If you want to go fast, go alone. And if you want to go far, move in group.

Simple truth.. If you will go alone, you'll earn extra experience ( trial and error in codes) on your journey.

And if you move in group, you will learn fast if you're the type, even go far too. But your experience with a fearless lonely eagle can't be a match. You understand.

Check my list up there if you like web development.

There are other packages too. If you've being following this trend.. You'll see a place where others were listed.

Android and iOS
Web development
Software development
Artificial intelligence
Game development

Bro.. and lots more

7 Likes

Re: What Made You Pick Interest In Programming by Red2C(m): 6:14pm On Nov 23, 2019
My elder brother wrote a batch script that could add to numbers, men!! When he showed it to me it was like I was staring at Jesus. grin. I was 11 then, five years now and I programming still fascinates me.
Re: What Made You Pick Interest In Programming by larryplaytv(m): 4:14pm On Nov 24, 2019
Maskyy:

Two ways to learn....

1. Self - taught.
2. Pay to get a tutor either private or learning institutes.

Pros and cons of the two sides......

If you want to go fast, go alone. And if you want to go far, move in group.

Simple truth.. If you will go alone, you'll earn extra experience ( trial and error in codes) on your journey.

And if you move in group, you will learn fast if you're the type, even go far too. But your experience with a fearless lonely eagle can't be a match. You understand.

Check my list up there if you like web development.

There are other packages too. If you've being following this trend.. You'll see a place where others were listed.

Android and iOS
Web development
Software development
Artificial intelligence
Game development

Bro.. and lots more

Bro I need to learn that Android and iOS with Web development
Re: What Made You Pick Interest In Programming by Maskyy(m): 6:19pm On Nov 24, 2019
larryplaytv:

Bro I need to learn that Android and iOS with Web development

Do a self taught ( Google and the community become your guidance)

Or get a mentor ( either from learning institute like aptech, niit, new horizon... More or a reputable and well skill person in the field you want)
Re: What Made You Pick Interest In Programming by larryplaytv(m): 7:45am On Nov 27, 2019
Maskyy:

Do a self taught ( Google and the community become your guidance)

Or get a mentor ( either from learning institute like aptech, niit, new horizon... More or a reputable and well skill person in the field you want)

Ok which place will learn that am living at anambra state
Re: What Made You Pick Interest In Programming by Maskyy(m): 10:27am On Nov 27, 2019
larryplaytv:

Grab your laptop first. And start from here.... HTML.... CSS.... Like that...

This is for web development

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Learn/

And make sure you attempt those exercise.

As for Android.. Start with Java and shift to kotlin ..... Google the diff between Java and kotlin.... I can't explain that now.

For iOS... Go for Swift... Yap Swift language

Simple.... But not simple
Re: What Made You Pick Interest In Programming by Maskyy(m): 10:32am On Nov 27, 2019
larryplaytv:

If you plan to have a tutor... Find some kind of professional course for IT institute around. Google them for anambra or ask around.

I don't know much about your state but you can find Listacc in Ebonyi.... Mile 50 side.... Down roban street... Annunciation school.
Re: What Made You Pick Interest In Programming by gallivant: 12:03am On Nov 28, 2019
edit
Re: What Made You Pick Interest In Programming by larryplaytv(m): 8:09am On Nov 28, 2019
Maskyy:

If you plan to have a tutor... Find some kind of professional course for IT institute around. Google them for anambra or ask around.

I don't know much about your state but you can find Listacc in Ebonyi.... Mile 50 side.... Down roban street... Annunciation school.

Ok. Thanks but I don't have laptop
Re: What Made You Pick Interest In Programming by Maskyy(m): 10:11am On Nov 28, 2019
larryplaytv:

Ok. Thanks but I don't have laptop

Just as hoe and cutlass is to a farmer
.. Likewise laptop is to a programmer.

However, reading and practicing online with your phone is never a bad idea, just that it's kind of stressful. W3school will help learning and using their practising UI to learn with your phone.

Here I will take a pause... Start learning now else you feel bad of not starting it later.

1 Like

Re: What Made You Pick Interest In Programming by larryplaytv(m): 12:51pm On Nov 28, 2019
Maskyy:

Just as hoe and cutlass is to a farmer
.. Likewise laptop is to a programmer.

However, reading and practicing online with your phone is never a bad idea, just that it's kind of stressful. W3school will help learning and using their practising UI to learn with your phone.

Here I will take a pause... Start learning now else you feel bad of not starting it later.

Ok I have downloaded their app how will I start
Re: What Made You Pick Interest In Programming by Maskyy(m): 7:23pm On Nov 28, 2019
larryplaytv:

Ok I have downloaded their app how will I start

Start from HTML.... Down the road you will get along.... This is for web development.
Learn easily and practice on their platform... I mean on W3school platform.
You get??

If for Android... Start with basic of Java and later divert to kotlin.
Re: What Made You Pick Interest In Programming by Maskyy(m): 12:24am On Nov 29, 2019
Who know about moat academy in lag. How standard are they.
Re: What Made You Pick Interest In Programming by larryplaytv(m): 4:43pm On Nov 29, 2019
Maskyy:

Start from HTML.... Down the road you will get along.... This is for web development.
Learn easily and practice on their platform... I mean on W3school platform.
You get??

If for Android... Start with basic of Java and later divert to kotlin.

No prob
Let me learn web development

1 Like

Re: What Made You Pick Interest In Programming by Maskyy(m): 5:03pm On Nov 29, 2019
larryplaytv:

No prob
Let me learn web development
It's your decision man.
Re: What Made You Pick Interest In Programming by larryplaytv(m): 6:19pm On Nov 29, 2019
Maskyy:

It's your decision man.

Okay na
[/quote]Give me your WhatsApp number let's chat on WhatsApp[quote]
Re: What Made You Pick Interest In Programming by Maskyy(m): 8:55am On Nov 30, 2019
larryplaytv:

Okay na
Give me your WhatsApp number let's chat on WhatsApp

Re: What Made You Pick Interest In Programming by Red2C(m): 3:48pm On Nov 30, 2019
Maskyy:
Wow lots of aspirer programmers and experience ones... I "hello world" you all.

Following the trend from the start till now, have been reading some comments on *YouTube* video as a form of learning for beginners. Nope, this is not right. Don't learn from YouTube, you will hardly see the mistake, which is part of the code learning, sometimes called BUGS.

As a beginner in programming, learn by theory. I repeat it, learn by theory. Read that book until you fall and rise from that mistake, and later you'll understand the "why's" and "how's" of the code.

To all my boss here, Am a software developer, front end precisely. ******No details*****

You love web right, start from here......

1. https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Learn/ (start from HTML, CSS , JavaScript...... At this point you can choose your part yourself)

2. **Google search w3school site( cool for everyone and there explanations are superb)

3. Open a github account and Try to understand how github work for a start. Not hard at all but leave it aside if you don't get it easily. That will be later.

4. Get yourself a codepen account. (If you don't know what to do with, leave it aside, later on you will).

5. Get yourself a LinkedIn account if you can. Start building your portfolio from the start. Don't leave it aside. Get use to the network. It's not a social network like fb, instag, its a professional platform.

6. After few training, register with codewar.... Learn by coding. You must code. Yes you must for a better understanding.

7. Freecodecamp is nice. Check it. It may work for you.

Yap... I will recommend these books...
1. Jon duckett HTML and CSS
2. Jon duckett JavaScript and jquery.
3. Eloquent JavaScript (new edition)

Pls afford a premium lesson, either online or offline. There's a greater merit in having a strong tutor.

Also join platform and community that talk about what you do. Either on fb or elsewhere. Try to get to those better than you.

You can find some free books on pdfdrive site (I wish to have such an online library too)

What else friends... Pls feel free to work with templates. Download lots of free templates and check there codes. With that you will learn more.

This should be the first, I don't why I place it here... Algorithm, data structure (some said it's a compt. Science school package. Whatever for non compt. Scie., get books online and understand the little you can at least for a start).

To end the whole talk... Once you embark on this journey, you won't stop learning ooooo. Maybe until you have something to rest on (not deaths but rich enjoyment i.e money$$$). Don't worry, there's too much money in the industry....

If you can trust your ability apply for Andela code competition or internship.

Also apply for site like codewar monthly competition.

Again, I greet all my Seniors here.

I totally agree, but I don't think Eloquent JS is a beginner's book

2 Likes

Re: What Made You Pick Interest In Programming by Maskyy(m): 5:10pm On Nov 30, 2019
Red2C:

I totally agree, but I don't think Eloquent JS is a beginner's book

grin don't mind me. I don't know when I added it to the list. The book is not friendly user for beginners.
Re: What Made You Pick Interest In Programming by Red2C(m): 2:23pm On Dec 01, 2019
Maskyy:

grin don't mind me. I don't know when I added it to the list. The book is not friendly user for beginners.
Oh, ok. I fear grin

1 Like

Re: What Made You Pick Interest In Programming by Nobody: 12:03am On Dec 09, 2019
I want too be the next Mark Zuckerberg and I also I would luv too be an hacker

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply)

10 Reasons Why .NET Is Better Than Java / Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually / Dear Programmer In Nigeria: How Much Is Your Salary?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.