Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,739 members, 7,802,240 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:27 AM

South East, PDP, And The Politics Of 2023 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South East, PDP, And The Politics Of 2023 (9131 Views)

2023 Presidency: Mass Defection Looms In South East PDP / 2023: South-East PDP Rejects Zoning Of Presidential Ticket To North / South East PDP Governors Re-consider The Buhari Option (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South East, PDP, And The Politics Of 2023 by Ikegift4real(m): 8:05pm On Oct 12, 2019
[color=#000099][/color]
Re: South East, PDP, And The Politics Of 2023 by Nobody: 8:05pm On Oct 12, 2019
Osaze007:

But why be loyal to party that doesn’t like you

ask them? Though its not like they have anywhere else to go
Re: South East, PDP, And The Politics Of 2023 by Femijohn198: 8:06pm On Oct 12, 2019
Nigeria my country tussle for power. Igbo support SW for president.
Re: South East, PDP, And The Politics Of 2023 by Zinny25(f): 8:06pm On Oct 12, 2019
[quote author=omenka post=83081457][/quote].
Re: South East, PDP, And The Politics Of 2023 by Osaze007: 8:06pm On Oct 12, 2019
isthatso:

ask them? Though its not like they have anywhere else to go

Their hatred for Yorubas is greater than their desire for presidency

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South East, PDP, And The Politics Of 2023 by hustleranthem(m): 8:07pm On Oct 12, 2019
Osaze007:

Go to Igbo thread
Not one Igbo wants to contest instead they are hoping Hausa snd Yoruba fights
My point is, power should be shared among all the Geo political zones equally. There should be no marginalization. Those crooked yorubas will not smell that seat come 2023.

1 Like

Re: South East, PDP, And The Politics Of 2023 by Misterdhee1(m): 8:09pm On Oct 12, 2019
hustleranthem:
My point is, power should be shared among all the Geo political zones equally. There should be no marginalization. Those crooked yorubas will not smell that seat come 2023.
It's okay to lose, but a yoruba man will contest under APC. Start living with that fact already. We don't mind losing. Have the same balls and ask pdp for its ticket.

5 Likes

Re: South East, PDP, And The Politics Of 2023 by Osaze007: 8:09pm On Oct 12, 2019
hustleranthem:

Then present but this idea of Igbo not presenting itself instead looking for northerner

I will vote for any Yoruba man if Igbo doesn’t present himself
They will take that centre and it won’t be more then wailing from Igbo

3 Likes

Re: South East, PDP, And The Politics Of 2023 by Osaze007: 8:09pm On Oct 12, 2019
Misterdhee1:

It's okay to lose, but a yoruba man will contest under APC. Start living with that fact already. We don't mind losing. Have the same balls and ask pdp for its ticket.

Exactly they have 0 balls to contest

2 Likes

Re: South East, PDP, And The Politics Of 2023 by obioraval(m): 8:10pm On Oct 12, 2019
With the suffering in the land, some idiots are still shouting APC and PDP.
Re: South East, PDP, And The Politics Of 2023 by meccuno: 8:11pm On Oct 12, 2019
[s]
post=83081982:
SOUTH EAST: IS IT NOT TOO LATE?

I have read the recent transmissions by Senator Bukola Saraki directed at my Igbo tribe. I have deliberately kept mum on this as I had earlier resolved to speak less on Igbos as regards the 2019 Elections and 2023 Presidency having said quite a bit. 

However seeing as some of my brethren have swallowed the cheap bait, I will chip this in just to keep the reality before us, at least for posterity sake. Truth is bitter but it's still the best medicine. 

My people say; 'He who does not remember where the rain started beating him, will not remember where it stopped'. 

REWIND TO 2014. 
A new National Party was being conceived. Political Parties, political players and Regions were being wooed to the new alliance. 

'We' Igbos (read South East) vehemently refused to touch it even with a long pole. We packaged, sold to ourselves and bought the baseless propaganda that it was an Islamic alliance that would birth an "Islamic" and "Hausa" Party. Simply because those our brethren heavily invested in the PDP at the time were afraid of losing their vested selfish interests.
Till today I'm still trying to fathom the basis for that wicked and twisted deceit especially as many of those Igbo elites who sold that dummy have since ported to the same APC.

We failed to even identify with that new Alliance. Hence the Party, APC was birthed without any remarkable input from us or presence. The few amongst us who aligned were called all kinds of names and abused to high heavens by us even when they were proven right afterall.

Thus the few Igbos who were part of it were at best fringe players as they didn't have the required clout to make serious demands and do the necessary political wheeling and dealing required in Politics to strike the hard bargains since politics is all about interests and numbers. They were even suspect, so much so that it was only their personal political sagacity that gave them whatever they got.

That Party went on to win the Presidential Election which in truth, most of us never believed it could or would, because of our half baked permutations and poor understanding of Nigerian politics. But it did. 

Curiously we turned up at the fore front of telling this same Party how it should share it's 'spoils of war'. We became hypocritical moral champions with an over bloated sense of entitlement. Who does that, in all political reality and practicality? But we did, even while vehemently and vociferously still refusing to shift our position, style and rhethoric.

We dug in. Supported every bad thing and person against the Party, the elected President and the Administration while denying any and every good done to and for our Region.

Fast forward to where we are today. Almost four years after the 2015 misadventure, we have stayed put at 2015, refusing to move forward, refusing to shift grounds, refusing to play pragmatic politics, telling ourselves the same lies we cooked and bought in 2015 and some more. 

Now barely 5 months to another election, we have started again saying "APC cannot give Presidency to Igbos in 2023". "Buhari cannot hand over to an Igbo man because Buhari hates Igbos". "APC is deceiving you", bla bla bla.

Of course. We will believe Saraki, who has only but a fanthom dream of becoming President and whose only known record is selfishness but we can't believe Buhari who's already President and who has a record of voluntarily picking two great Igbo sons as running mates in the past? Chukwu aju.

It is interesting and vital to note here that the PDP which many of us still proudly support and adore was in power for 16 solid years and in those years there were 4 Presidential Inaugurations and on none of those was an Igbo man found worthy by the PDP of even Vice Presidency and we are still bold to say it is the APC that has not even finished one tenure that doesn't want to give power to Igbos. Odi nma. 

NOW; Seriously, let's be sincere. As things stand today politically, why would the APC even hand power to us Igbos in 2023? 
On what grounds? 
On what records?
On what politics?
Is power given to anyone? 
Is it an appeasement or a gift? 

The APC is a political party. The main focus of a political Party is to hold power and keep it to enable it deliver on its agenda. So if the APC reads that the SE does not want the Presidency or does not have the capacity to help them win and keep power, they will stick with the regions that can and work with individuals who are interested. 

Make no mistake, I have always said, I do not blame us Igbos for the decision majority of us took in 2015. It's our right. But continuing to pretend that it was other regions, Buhari or the APC that made us do what we did then or remain where we are today is purely self deceit and I refuse to play that ostrich game. 

As far back as 2014, I and many others made that argument that Igbo Presidency was very feasible in 2023, ONLY under under the APC, ONLY IF we did a couple of things right politically. I personally continued to speak loudly on that even after the 2015 elections until when I realized that we were not ready to play the politics that was required and now I dare say it may be too late. Or is it not? Time will tell.

For now, we can continue to tell ourselves that we cannot hold the Presidency of Nigeria. I heard and read many of our brethren go from PDP to Biafra/seccesion (read IPOB) to Referendum to "Igbos do not need Presidency but Restructuring" etc forgetting that all that didn't lie squarely with us alone. We think other regions are not reading our body language?

I really don't care what Saraki writes or says because they've all come to realize that it's very easy to play us like a flute. So like Saraki, like Fani Kayode, like Fayose, like Atiku, even Jonah Jang of all people, they keep playing us.

I've learnt not to bother myself anymore to avoid unnecessary abuse from nonentities . As some of us have said, it's good governance we want, even if only one village will be producing the Presidents. So be it.

Ka Chineke mezie okwu. 
[/s]
Re: South East, PDP, And The Politics Of 2023 by CaptainMitch: 8:12pm On Oct 12, 2019
Presidency or Biafra 2023
Re: South East, PDP, And The Politics Of 2023 by Osaze007: 8:13pm On Oct 12, 2019
Femijohn198:

No no
But Igbo should grow some balls and present themselves

7 Likes

Re: South East, PDP, And The Politics Of 2023 by Osaze007: 8:13pm On Oct 12, 2019
CaptainMitch:

Now this is what I’m expecting your a courageous Igbo man
Your rest clans are rooting for north to continue

1 Like

Re: South East, PDP, And The Politics Of 2023 by nkwuocha1: 8:14pm On Oct 12, 2019
[s]
madenigga:
To be Sincere we Igbos haven't merited any reason to be President.

With Nnamdi KANU still running around and ipob and Biafra people insulting everybody and leaders of other regions. I don't think Igbo presidency would come anytime soon.

For we Igbos to get the Presidency we need to deal with the Biafran issue permanently I repeat permanently, give Nigeria a reason to know that our allegiance is with Nigeria and not with Biafra.

Make permanent peace with the north and west, then let us be the one to disown Nnamdi KANU and if possible catch him by ourselves and Hand him over to the fg.

This would help in getting us close to that position.
[/s]

You're silly!
Re: South East, PDP, And The Politics Of 2023 by Ikpeazukerosene: 8:15pm On Oct 12, 2019
CaptainMitch:

Confused lot
Igbos have no political destination.

No focus, no game plan, no action. Just be crying about and fighting everyone.

5 Likes

Re: South East, PDP, And The Politics Of 2023 by Ikpeazukerosene: 8:15pm On Oct 12, 2019
Is the East willing to turn a new leaf from their belligerent posturing towards the APC in exchange for a consideration on having them on the ballot?

This is the most important question no Igbo man can answer

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: South East, PDP, And The Politics Of 2023 by madenigga(m): 8:16pm On Oct 12, 2019
nkwuocha1:
[s][/s]

You're silly!
This is for Nigerians not Biafrans

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: South East, PDP, And The Politics Of 2023 by madenigga(m): 8:17pm On Oct 12, 2019
CaptainMitch:
Both presidency and Biafra u no go see

1 Like

Re: South East, PDP, And The Politics Of 2023 by nkwuocha1: 8:17pm On Oct 12, 2019
madenigga:

This is for Nigerians not Biafrans

What is Nigerian?
Re: South East, PDP, And The Politics Of 2023 by kernel001: 8:18pm On Oct 12, 2019
madenigga:
To be Sincere we Igbos haven't merited any reason to be President.

With Nnamdi KANU still running around and ipob and Biafra people insulting everybody and leaders of other regions. I don't think Igbo presidency would come anytime soon.

For we Igbos to get the Presidency we need to deal with the Biafran issue permanently I repeat permanently, give Nigeria a reason to know that our allegiance is with Nigeria and not with Biafra.

Make permanent peace with the north and west, then let us be the one to disown Nnamdi KANU and if possible catch him by ourselves and Hand him over to the fg.

This would help in getting us close to that position.

If your dream is Nigeria, indeed you're highly poor in mind. The poorest nation on earth, home of third and fourth most dangerous terrorist groups in the world.
Re: South East, PDP, And The Politics Of 2023 by Ikpeazukerosene: 8:18pm On Oct 12, 2019
madenigga:

You're talking about Presidency?
People that couldn't get ordinary Minority Leader of the House.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South East, PDP, And The Politics Of 2023 by omenka(m): 8:18pm On Oct 12, 2019
SamuelAnyawu:
To Hell with APC

To Hell with PDP

I Stand with Senator Samuel Anyanwu for Governor or President 2023.

Brb make i finish my beer at Skyfall Makurdi 1st

Wtf!! Just left Woodland!! Imagine!

4 Likes

Re: South East, PDP, And The Politics Of 2023 by Osaze007: 8:19pm On Oct 12, 2019
Ikpeazukerosene:

Confused lot
Igbos have no political destination.

No focus, no game plan, no action. Just be crying about and fighting everyone.

Loool I support them for president 2023
But they are not presenting themselves
Re: South East, PDP, And The Politics Of 2023 by nkwuocha1: 8:20pm On Oct 12, 2019
Femijohn198:

Igbo will never support an Igbo president talk more a yoruba one.The Fulani will and MUST RULE IN 8 YEARS TO COME. cool
Re: South East, PDP, And The Politics Of 2023 by Ikpeazukerosene: 8:22pm On Oct 12, 2019
Osaze007:

Loool I support them for president 2023
But they are not presenting themselves

APC has the fear of presenting an Igbo candidate. They would treat the candidate how they treated Ojukwu and Apc would lose SW votes.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South East, PDP, And The Politics Of 2023 by nkwuocha1: 8:23pm On Oct 12, 2019
NO IGBO OR YORUBA MAN DEAD OR ALIVE WILL SMELL THAT SIT. MY VOTE WILL GO TO A NORTHERN PRESIDENT IN 2023.

Anything to keep that seat out of the Southwest is a task that MUST BE DONE.
Re: South East, PDP, And The Politics Of 2023 by Osaze007: 8:23pm On Oct 12, 2019
nkwuocha1:

Igbo will never support an Igbo president talk more a yoruba one.The Fulani will and MUST RULE IN 8 YEARS TO COME. cool

This mindset is what puzzles me about Igbo race
Re: South East, PDP, And The Politics Of 2023 by Ikpeazukerosene: 8:23pm On Oct 12, 2019
nkwuocha1:

Unfortunately, your you are politically worthless and so, your opinions don't count.

Igbos who understand politics already know how to play their game. Only political nonentities think like you.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: South East, PDP, And The Politics Of 2023 by CaptainMitch: 8:23pm On Oct 12, 2019
madenigga:

Re: South East, PDP, And The Politics Of 2023 by Osaze007: 8:23pm On Oct 12, 2019
Ikpeazukerosene:

APC has the fear of presenting an Igbo candidate. They would treat the candidate how they treated Ojukwu and Apc would lose SW votes.

But pdp isn’t presenting Igbo is Igbo now a pariah in Nigerian politics

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: South East, PDP, And The Politics Of 2023 by hustleranthem(m): 8:24pm On Oct 12, 2019
Misterdhee1:

after your betrayal in 2015? Make Dem give una ticket na, na to win b the problem. I see why yorubas have been asslicking the northerners. Shameless pricks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Kano 2020 Budget: Education Sector Gets 25.2% of 197 Billion / Buhari, Ministers, Security Chiefs In Quarterly Council Meeting / Despite Assurances, Petrol Queues Worsen In Lagos, Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.