Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,890 members, 7,802,864 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:58 PM

FSARS Operatives Pursue 10 Teenagers Into Lagos Lagoon. 6 Rescued, 1 Dead - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / FSARS Operatives Pursue 10 Teenagers Into Lagos Lagoon. 6 Rescued, 1 Dead (51715 Views)

Woman Who Lured Teenagers Into Prostitution In Delta Jailed In Anambra / Boyfriend Of Married Woman Who Jumped Into Lagos Lagoon, Lands In Hospital.Video / Conflicting Reports On Woman That Jumped Into Lagos Lagoon On 3rd Mainland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FSARS Operatives Pursue 10 Teenagers Into Lagos Lagoon. 6 Rescued, 1 Dead by SendAbroad: 10:19am On Oct 13, 2019
Badlimo:
be like sars never harass you before

If you carry Id card and you no commit offence, why you go run... Sars use psychology from their criminology training .
Re: FSARS Operatives Pursue 10 Teenagers Into Lagos Lagoon. 6 Rescued, 1 Dead by Olamywealth10: 10:43am On Oct 13, 2019
9ja whyyyyyyyy??
Re: FSARS Operatives Pursue 10 Teenagers Into Lagos Lagoon. 6 Rescued, 1 Dead by Iziquiel(m): 10:48am On Oct 13, 2019
solmusdesigns:
well in law enforcement business , you must use all tactics to get rapist and murderers arrested,. th Nigerian Police ACT is online for anyone who wants to read about rules of engagement

but for avoidance of doubt, i will explain further, once you flag down a suspect, and he refuses to stop, you can use all force necessary to subdue him, that is why NYPD always gun down gangster balcks that feel above the law

Stop talking like everyone on NL is an illiterate, some of us did Law 101 in School. Honestly, I think you should go back and read the Police Act again, I'm not sure you understood what you read or probably you've not even read it.

When is a Police officer allowed to your maximum force to apprehend a suspect who wants to evade arrest? The last time I checked, maximum force can only be used when the suspect is alleged to have committed a Felony, Treason and if a suspect is armed . In this case you have no idea of what those guys did and why they were chased until they ran into the Lagoon.
Some of you talk like you are visitors in this country, as if only criminals get chased by the Police. There are innocent people languishing in our Prisons for doing absolutely nothing, some of them were arrested for merely walking at night and they ended up in Prison.
You don't have the full information of what transpired between those teenagers and the Police officers, so stop talking like you were an eye witness.

4 Likes

Re: FSARS Operatives Pursue 10 Teenagers Into Lagos Lagoon. 6 Rescued, 1 Dead by Nobody: 10:49am On Oct 13, 2019
PoliticalWitch:
Sorry, but for once, I'm going to be doubtful about this story.

The thing is, all we have is one side of the story.

Are we sure those teenagers were not involved in criminal activity?

Lagos has a serious youth gang problem. Many teenage gangs have been involved in brutal crimes. For all we know. the FSARS were chasing known crimminals.

Sorry, but I doubt this is police brutality. Be3ing chased by SARS does not make you automatically innocent.

which is why we need cctv. even if we cannot identify people, we can reconstruct what happened. it is after all, mostly teenagers who are snatching phones and breaking car windows in traffic.

this is not the case of fsars grabbing random civilians and shaking them down.
with the reputation of our trigger happy police, it is even surprising that none of these kids was shot

1 Like

Re: FSARS Operatives Pursue 10 Teenagers Into Lagos Lagoon. 6 Rescued, 1 Dead by effido666: 10:49am On Oct 13, 2019
Na u no understand the maths ....dem say 6 where saved and 1 dead while 3 are stil missing
JonOlive:
Your maths tire me oo. 10 chased, 6 rescued, 2 dead. Where is the balance of 2. This story doesn't add up.

1 Like

Re: FSARS Operatives Pursue 10 Teenagers Into Lagos Lagoon. 6 Rescued, 1 Dead by qeemus: 11:09am On Oct 13, 2019
LyfeJennings:
I should have said something but usually, that part of Apongbon is very dangerous. Extremely dangerous at night. The boys U call teenagers could be robbers. Na small pickin dey carry gun now o. RIP to the departed tho
kindly update your diary regularly. Thank you! Concerned reader.
Re: FSARS Operatives Pursue 10 Teenagers Into Lagos Lagoon. 6 Rescued, 1 Dead by Kennitrust(m): 11:25am On Oct 13, 2019
JonOlive:
Your maths tire me oo. 10 chased, 6 rescued, 2 dead. Where is the balance of 2. This story doesn't add up.
I wonder if most of you even Read before commenting! Where did you see your figures

1 Like

Re: FSARS Operatives Pursue 10 Teenagers Into Lagos Lagoon. 6 Rescued, 1 Dead by Amaechi667(m): 11:39am On Oct 13, 2019
Pls end sarz
Re: FSARS Operatives Pursue 10 Teenagers Into Lagos Lagoon. 6 Rescued, 1 Dead by ikorodureporta: 11:42am On Oct 13, 2019
na SARS throw dem inside water??

howcom 6 people take dey water till morning without dying
Re: FSARS Operatives Pursue 10 Teenagers Into Lagos Lagoon. 6 Rescued, 1 Dead by danwantu: 11:46am On Oct 13, 2019
SKYloafFISH:
This is really sad. What is Nigeria turning into.
And to think this FSARS members are fathers too.
Haba
why were they running? Didn't they know that that place is lagoon? they are just on suicide mission. why jumping into the lagoon knowing fully well that they can not swim. RIP though
Re: FSARS Operatives Pursue 10 Teenagers Into Lagos Lagoon. 6 Rescued, 1 Dead by tlarge1612: 12:09pm On Oct 13, 2019
setobaba:
Is like sarz are been placed on target from the office to kill the innocents
would u run if you have no skeletons in your cupboard.Its sad that they are dead but!they shouldn’t have ran
Re: FSARS Operatives Pursue 10 Teenagers Into Lagos Lagoon. 6 Rescued, 1 Dead by cupidhero(m): 12:54pm On Oct 13, 2019
SendAbroad:

If you carry Id card and you no commit offence, why you go run... Sars use psychology from their criminology training .
How many times have you encountered FSARS? How old are you?
Re: FSARS Operatives Pursue 10 Teenagers Into Lagos Lagoon. 6 Rescued, 1 Dead by JonOlive: 12:57pm On Oct 13, 2019
Kennitrust:
I wonder if most of you even Read before commenting! Where did you see your figures
my comment made him modify his heading. It intially read: 10chased, 6rescued and 2dead.
Re: FSARS Operatives Pursue 10 Teenagers Into Lagos Lagoon. 6 Rescued, 1 Dead by kcaller: 12:59pm On Oct 13, 2019
SendAbroad:
But why were the boys running?

Bro, just pray not to meet those guys.... Nothing like being innocent or guilty

I have been stopped by those guys three times for no reason

1)The guy said it’s only yahoo that can make me this fresh(sounds trashy, but true)

2) the second was at Gbagada New garage bus stop.... I was thrown inside their bus and was questioning me for over one hour.... they found 8k in my wallet and they took 7k and gave me 1k

3) I was going to the American embassy .... all my documents was taken from me and labeled fake, even my international passport.... I was delayed because my interview was by 6am and wanted me to pay.... I paid 10k and they started telling me that they love me, because I decided to be something good in life and not crime.....

These are the reasons people run from them
NB: if I see them again, I’ll definitely run
Re: FSARS Operatives Pursue 10 Teenagers Into Lagos Lagoon. 6 Rescued, 1 Dead by Unrated900(m): 1:19pm On Oct 13, 2019
JonOlive:

But you can see pictures of the Demised ones
Re: FSARS Operatives Pursue 10 Teenagers Into Lagos Lagoon. 6 Rescued, 1 Dead by luluosas(m): 1:23pm On Oct 13, 2019
Very sad
Re: FSARS Operatives Pursue 10 Teenagers Into Lagos Lagoon. 6 Rescued, 1 Dead by Kennitrust(m): 2:39pm On Oct 13, 2019
JonOlive:

my comment made him modify his heading. It intially read: 10chased, 6rescued and 2dead.
OK!
Re: FSARS Operatives Pursue 10 Teenagers Into Lagos Lagoon. 6 Rescued, 1 Dead by LONGPREEK(m): 3:51pm On Oct 13, 2019
Osemekedgreat3:
you now prefer cult to SARS, you will meet them one day, though I no you are one of them
see as you say i be one of them like say na one very bad thing. see all these sars never jam. i swear if them jam real craze man, u go just see as he go enter sars station and bomb them and gree to die too. if you are one, pray u dont jam craze man like me cos i go make sure say i kill u
Re: FSARS Operatives Pursue 10 Teenagers Into Lagos Lagoon. 6 Rescued, 1 Dead by LONGPREEK(m): 3:52pm On Oct 13, 2019
Osemekedgreat3:
hmm,he that pray death for another person may died first, always be mindful of your thoughts.
thunder fire you and ur generation. u will die by a stray buller from an arm robber this year
Re: FSARS Operatives Pursue 10 Teenagers Into Lagos Lagoon. 6 Rescued, 1 Dead by Chepos1(m): 4:38pm On Oct 13, 2019
JonOlive:

D1zion:
how? Abi is you that your mathematics is having K leg.out of 10, 1 is dead, 6 rescued & three are still missing. All in all how many are they? Abi you dey do multiplication ne.

When you know nothing about something, don't comment.
Op have modified the title, now the blame is on us.
Op Oya reverse the title to the original title posted at first.

1 Like

Re: FSARS Operatives Pursue 10 Teenagers Into Lagos Lagoon. 6 Rescued, 1 Dead by rockyh(m): 5:49pm On Oct 13, 2019
solmusdesigns:
shocked

why run from law enforcer? in this digital age of cloud computing and Andriod sandbox what would make an innocent person jump into the lagoon to evade FSARS arrest

I hope the FSARS opreatives aproach a magistrate and get a search warrant to search the premises of the 10 suspects, i have a strong feeling they aint clean

Prayy not to be a victim of unwanted harassment. I have packed on the road on coming down the next thing I heard was if not cos I was on the road he would have shown me shit many ills happen of late when it comes to security agencies in Nigeria
Re: FSARS Operatives Pursue 10 Teenagers Into Lagos Lagoon. 6 Rescued, 1 Dead by Elobless: 5:51pm On Oct 13, 2019
PureGoldh:
Those FSARS men that did such thing should be brought to book and made to pay severely.

Dem no see em politicians wey dey loot our money on daily basis.. Na young boys wey dey serve as bait to them.

May the soul of the one that is dead already rest in peace.. I pray they find the other three that are missing real soon.
what did they do.
Re: FSARS Operatives Pursue 10 Teenagers Into Lagos Lagoon. 6 Rescued, 1 Dead by newbalancejobs(m): 6:58pm On Oct 13, 2019
Make una kuku ma chop their meet... Yeye guys/...
2019 Internship recruitment at Microsoft Nigeria
Are you looking for an internship program to boost your IT skills? 2019 Internship recruitment is ongoing at Microsoft Nigeria. We advise you go through the application requirement and educational qualification needed to apply before applying. This is an Internship Opportunities in Nigeria for Students: Software Engineering
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Click here to Apply
https://www.newbalancejobs.com/job/2019-internship-recruitment-at-microsoft-nigeria/
Re: FSARS Operatives Pursue 10 Teenagers Into Lagos Lagoon. 6 Rescued, 1 Dead by ithink7: 7:17pm On Oct 13, 2019
E pain you. Sorry.

When you're a teenager, did you have confidence to confront police with guns even when you're right.
We need to learn to type comments like humans and not animals.
Teenage years come with its challenges and knowledge deficiencies and those kids are people's children. I wonder if you'll say the same thing if police pursue your teenage brother to drown in the lagoon. That's if you're not a teenager yourself.

solmusdesigns:

Dunce people suporting criminals
Re: FSARS Operatives Pursue 10 Teenagers Into Lagos Lagoon. 6 Rescued, 1 Dead by kennyclassic: 8:15pm On Oct 13, 2019
Cause it’s the FSARS... they must find a fault
SendAbroad:
But why were the boys running?
Re: FSARS Operatives Pursue 10 Teenagers Into Lagos Lagoon. 6 Rescued, 1 Dead by dominique(f): 8:46pm On Oct 13, 2019
effido666:
Na u no understand the maths ....dem say 6 where saved and 1 dead while 3 are stil missing

Kennitrust:

You people should stop attacking him, he asked a valid question. The topic was modified before getting posted to frontpage.
Re: FSARS Operatives Pursue 10 Teenagers Into Lagos Lagoon. 6 Rescued, 1 Dead by PrincewithGod(m): 1:32pm On Oct 14, 2019
Jesus is calling you today!
Strive to enter by the narrow door; for many
will seek to enter and will not be able.
Jesus is the way to eternal life; no one comes
to the Father, but by Him.
Repent and accept Jesus today as your
personal Lord and saviour; He will keep you
safe when every other thing fails.
It is very important to make this all important
decision today, and if you have already
accepted Jesus into your life, continue to
follow Jesus all the way.
He will shepherd you so that you find pasture in this life, and also
in the life to come.
- Copied
Re: FSARS Operatives Pursue 10 Teenagers Into Lagos Lagoon. 6 Rescued, 1 Dead by airminem(f): 9:10pm On Feb 24, 2021
lorbah001:
It's disheartening to know that these sarz guy aren't doing any justice to cybercrime they are supposedly fighting ,,,they chasing boys only to collect them shares.

Sarzboys are criminals in uniform
Yes! smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Robbers Drown Inside Canal While Escaping With N13,000 (Graphic Pic) / Three Ladies Caught Stealing In A Boutique In Uyo, Disgraced. Photos / Pictures Of Elephant Tusks Worth ₦22.3 Billion Intercepted In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.