Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,101 members, 7,807,309 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:06 PM

October 13: No Bra Day, To Raise Awareness On Breast Cancer - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / October 13: No Bra Day, To Raise Awareness On Breast Cancer (23737 Views)

#NoBraDay: Nigerians Mark No Bra Day 2023 / #NoBraDay 2021: Nigerian Women, Others Mark 'No Bra Day' (Photos) / No Bra Day: Nigerian Ladies Share Braless Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

October 13: No Bra Day, To Raise Awareness On Breast Cancer by SamuelAnyawu(m): 4:12am On Oct 13, 2019
National No Bra Day on October 13th encourages wearers to leave that bra at home.

The day promotes breast cancer awareness. It also helps raise money for research. Many women who have survived breast cancer are unable to go without a bra as they need it to hold their prosthesis after surgery. Additionally, October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and No Bra Day should serve as a reminder for all women to be screened for breast cancer. Most types of breast cancer can be treated if caught early.
Screenings and breast exams are a part of the early detection process.

The first line of defense is a monthly self-breast exam. The best time to do a breast exam is about ten days after the onset of your menstrual cycle. However, fickle as breasts can be, we do become familiar with them even if they are lumpy. We learn what’s healthy or not. For example, they change texture over the month. Sticking to the same time each month will provide a more accurate exam. For those who don’t menstruate, choose a day of the month always to perform the exam.

As you become more familiar with the shape and texture of your breast, take note of any changes. Use the mirror to help you, too. Dimpling, swelling, and redness will be signs to look for.
When you schedule an annual appointment with your physician, make sure a breast exam is completed, too. Tell your doctor about any changes. If you or your doctor notices any signs, the doctor can order tests, including a sonogram or mammogram.

Finally, a preventative mammogram is the last line of defense. Today’s mammograms offer more vivid detail of the breast tissue. Baseline mammograms are provided around the age of 35 unless family history indicates sooner. The baseline mammogram provides a comparison view for your physician should something develop later down the line. Women age 40 and over are recommended to receive yearly preventative mammograms.

HOW TO OBSERVE #NoBraDay
Make an appointment for a mammogram. Use #NoBraDay or #NationalNoBraDay when posting on social media. Make a contribution to the American Cancer Society or Susan G. Komen for the Cure.

NO BRA DAY HISTORY
National Day Calendar® continues researching the origins of this health-related observance.
There are over 1,500 national days. Don’t miss a single one. Celebrate Every Day® with National Day Calendar!®

it is part of breast cancer awareness oh

1 Like

Re: October 13: No Bra Day, To Raise Awareness On Breast Cancer by Nobody: 4:24am On Oct 13, 2019
undecided

Some mumu girls showing their breast upandan as if that is what the day is meant for.

Today we remember all fallen heroes.
Let the fallen breast rise again.
#NoBraDay

26 Likes

Re: October 13: No Bra Day, To Raise Awareness On Breast Cancer by Onyi22(f): 6:15am On Oct 13, 2019
So, I should go to church without a bra?

11 Likes

Re: October 13: No Bra Day, To Raise Awareness On Breast Cancer by Mailthaddeus(m): 6:15am On Oct 13, 2019
Today is Sunday Bro.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: October 13: No Bra Day, To Raise Awareness On Breast Cancer by HillLuxury: 6:15am On Oct 13, 2019
undecided
Re: October 13: No Bra Day, To Raise Awareness On Breast Cancer by iamswizz(m): 6:15am On Oct 13, 2019
let me rush to trumps daught twitter page to find what i could feast on tongue
Re: October 13: No Bra Day, To Raise Awareness On Breast Cancer by MrOjay1(m): 6:15am On Oct 13, 2019
sad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: October 13: No Bra Day, To Raise Awareness On Breast Cancer by femi4: 6:15am On Oct 13, 2019
Twitter all the way....instagram will catch fire as well

1 Like

Re: October 13: No Bra Day, To Raise Awareness On Breast Cancer by Sampalo: 6:15am On Oct 13, 2019
Shu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: October 13: No Bra Day, To Raise Awareness On Breast Cancer by ultimatebas(m): 6:16am On Oct 13, 2019
Thank God today no be office day. Naa sunday.Make ladies no put on bra today .Naa them and pastors go sort themselves out. If to say work dey person for carry conji come house con dey disturb madam any how. Just hope that no pant day will also fall on sunday too if there is anything like "no pant day" sef.

1 Like

Re: October 13: No Bra Day, To Raise Awareness On Breast Cancer by Offpoint: 6:16am On Oct 13, 2019
Why on Sunday? why?

16 Likes

Re: October 13: No Bra Day, To Raise Awareness On Breast Cancer by Nobody: 6:16am On Oct 13, 2019
Nairaland men will come parading in here any minute now.
Re: October 13: No Bra Day, To Raise Awareness On Breast Cancer by A305: 6:16am On Oct 13, 2019
A good day to be in church to look at ni pples since it's no bra day. See that cheap Lexus down my sig
Re: October 13: No Bra Day, To Raise Awareness On Breast Cancer by realestniggah: 6:16am On Oct 13, 2019
Oh really

Ladies when last have you gone jogging?

16 Likes

Re: October 13: No Bra Day, To Raise Awareness On Breast Cancer by Anwons(m): 6:17am On Oct 13, 2019
why e com be today? Make dey no do am com church o

1 Like

Re: October 13: No Bra Day, To Raise Awareness On Breast Cancer by americaninja1: 6:17am On Oct 13, 2019
Today is Sunday biko
Re: October 13: No Bra Day, To Raise Awareness On Breast Cancer by femi4: 6:17am On Oct 13, 2019
theButterfly:
Nairaland men will come parading in here any minute now.
Viewing the topic: All "m"....no single "f"
Re: October 13: No Bra Day, To Raise Awareness On Breast Cancer by Mac2016(m): 6:18am On Oct 13, 2019
Am expecting to see and unsee today... grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: October 13: No Bra Day, To Raise Awareness On Breast Cancer by StrikeBack(m): 6:18am On Oct 13, 2019
Lol
Re: October 13: No Bra Day, To Raise Awareness On Breast Cancer by TOPCRUISE(m): 6:18am On Oct 13, 2019
Today will be interesting
Re: October 13: No Bra Day, To Raise Awareness On Breast Cancer by Omojolaray(m): 6:18am On Oct 13, 2019
Different views..... Make I read comments

1 Like 1 Share

Re: October 13: No Bra Day, To Raise Awareness On Breast Cancer by SolexxBarry(m): 6:18am On Oct 13, 2019
grin grin
Re: October 13: No Bra Day, To Raise Awareness On Breast Cancer by Nobody: 6:19am On Oct 13, 2019
Do they still wear bra with the competition for slaying everyday
Re: October 13: No Bra Day, To Raise Awareness On Breast Cancer by simple250: 6:19am On Oct 13, 2019
Onyi22:
So, I should go to church without a bra?

Yes, make sure you seat in front ...

2 Likes

Re: October 13: No Bra Day, To Raise Awareness On Breast Cancer by B2joa(m): 6:19am On Oct 13, 2019
Ha today na sunday o
Re: October 13: No Bra Day, To Raise Awareness On Breast Cancer by Bossontop(m): 6:19am On Oct 13, 2019

12 Likes

Re: October 13: No Bra Day, To Raise Awareness On Breast Cancer by Muhylonaire(m): 6:19am On Oct 13, 2019
Lolz.. Lemme go and renew my sub.. I go view status tire
Re: October 13: No Bra Day, To Raise Awareness On Breast Cancer by Nobody: 6:20am On Oct 13, 2019
Na Instagram go suffer today.
Re: October 13: No Bra Day, To Raise Awareness On Breast Cancer by magiki(m): 6:20am On Oct 13, 2019
I cover my eye with the blood of God
I can't come and commit sin today being Sunday.
My mind is covered as well

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: October 13: No Bra Day, To Raise Awareness On Breast Cancer by Austineva(m): 6:20am On Oct 13, 2019
Na today pastors de like to deliver women from mammy water spirit

3 Likes

Re: October 13: No Bra Day, To Raise Awareness On Breast Cancer by Olalan(m): 6:20am On Oct 13, 2019
Trust some dumb ladies to use this to advertise their wares for potential clients while not even knowing Jack about the essence of the day.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Stabbed Cyclist, Afolabi Mabogunje, Died In LASUTH - Brother / JOHESU Directs Members To Commence Strike Action By 12 Midnight / African Countries Praised For Handling Coronavirus Really Well

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.