Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,952 members, 7,806,755 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:40 PM

$1.7M Found In Abdulrasheed Maina's Niger Repulblic Home, EFCC And NIA Called - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $1.7M Found In Abdulrasheed Maina's Niger Repulblic Home, EFCC And NIA Called (37779 Views)

Nuhu Ribadu Visits The Headquarters Of SSS and NIA. / The Air-Conditioned Building Where ‘Prisoner’ AbdulRasheed Maina Lives / Faisal Abdulrasheed, Maina’s Son Pulled A Pistol Against DSS - EFCC Agents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: $1.7M Found In Abdulrasheed Maina's Niger Repulblic Home, EFCC And NIA Called by Minjim: 7:26am On Oct 13, 2019
Gandollaar:
To your opening speech, I never remotely said so even.

But it becomes a picnic when you come to the media to prosecute alledged crimes instead of quietly doing your job diligently to achieve results.

Show me where Efcc had release any statement regarding this?
News travel fast these days and very little is hidden in the glare of camera phones and wide access to the Internet
Re: $1.7M Found In Abdulrasheed Maina's Niger Repulblic Home, EFCC And NIA Called by CyberWolf: 7:28am On Oct 13, 2019
It’s only in Nigeria that the number of those waiting to loot is higher than those currently looting angry .. Even me will loot when I get there, I no fit carry last.
Re: $1.7M Found In Abdulrasheed Maina's Niger Repulblic Home, EFCC And NIA Called by executive12: 7:29am On Oct 13, 2019
helinues:
Nigeria matter tired me oo..

This same Maina have strong godfathers.. All this Na for media oo

One of his godfathers is your hero, the bigot Buhari who reinstated him after he was sacked. Nigerians are Nigeria's problem.
Re: $1.7M Found In Abdulrasheed Maina's Niger Repulblic Home, EFCC And NIA Called by frowland(m): 7:30am On Oct 13, 2019
Gandollaar:
Hey Mr, you are barking up the wrong tree cos I don't have your bone with me. Swerve now!

Sorry tree.
Re: $1.7M Found In Abdulrasheed Maina's Niger Repulblic Home, EFCC And NIA Called by helinues: 7:30am On Oct 13, 2019
executive12:

One of his godfathers is your hero, the bigot Buhari who reinstated him after he was sacked. Nigerians are Nigeria's problem.

That thought must be from your anus... Hero?

Sheriously
Re: $1.7M Found In Abdulrasheed Maina's Niger Repulblic Home, EFCC And NIA Called by Gandollaar(f): 7:36am On Oct 13, 2019
frowland:

Sorry tree.
grin
Re: $1.7M Found In Abdulrasheed Maina's Niger Repulblic Home, EFCC And NIA Called by DWJOBScom(m): 7:38am On Oct 13, 2019
PoliticalWitch:

So, we should leave the corrupt alone, eh??

That's the problem with you Nigerians. When nothing is done about corruption, you cry, when something is done about it, you still cry.

Go on, you really don't want corruption to be fought. You just want the polticians to keep looting...so long as they hand over your regular dole of breadcrumbs from the table to your plate.

Sad that it is the APC government that is also a byword for corruption that is doing this. Still, Maina is a corrupt individual. Because of chaps like him, retirees cannot get their pension on time.

I don’t think you understood his stand
He doesn’t want the dude off the hook but rather sent off to court.
You have the press exaggerating his assets and at the end the whole thing dies down just like the ikoyi towers.
Maina has a can of info that makes him untouchable

1 Like

Re: $1.7M Found In Abdulrasheed Maina's Niger Repulblic Home, EFCC And NIA Called by Nobody: 7:41am On Oct 13, 2019
DWJOBScom:

I don’t think you understood his stand
He doesn’t want the dude off the hook but rather sent off to court.
You have the press exaggerating his assets and at the end the whole thing dies down just like the ikoyi towers.
Maina has a can of info that makes him untouchable

Yes, I know...and I also know it takes time to collate evidence for a case.

Plus, unless a judge has instituted a gag order on reportage of investigation of a case, the press can report on any aspect of investigation of a case.

Abeg, I got what he is saying...and the subtext...that nothing would be done. Many people don't realize that these king of cases take time.
Re: $1.7M Found In Abdulrasheed Maina's Niger Repulblic Home, EFCC And NIA Called by otokx(m): 7:42am On Oct 13, 2019
There is money in Nigeria.
Re: $1.7M Found In Abdulrasheed Maina's Niger Repulblic Home, EFCC And NIA Called by Gandollaar(f): 7:42am On Oct 13, 2019
ORIENTATION101:
what do u stupid wailers want? Thought u wailers said buhari was shielding maina from corruption case now that he has been arrested , and about to the prosecuted you re singing new trash. Seems ur brain is leaking
Calm down Oga. Nothing is gonna come out of it. Maina would never be found guilty!

All these arrangee gragra is empty. They already bargained with him and the worse that can happen to assuage your gullible mind is just small small forfeitures here n there.
Re: $1.7M Found In Abdulrasheed Maina's Niger Repulblic Home, EFCC And NIA Called by GMbuharii: 7:44am On Oct 13, 2019
Beggi beggi with style for jubrin to open boarder.

Cotonou will soon announce her own

grin
Re: $1.7M Found In Abdulrasheed Maina's Niger Repulblic Home, EFCC And NIA Called by Gandollaar(f): 7:48am On Oct 13, 2019
PoliticalWitch:

I knew it...you want the persection of those who you don't like, while those you do like should go free!

Sorry mate, but thereason why EFCC has not been succesful enough in putting away bad polticans is because people like you Nigerians don't want them to do so.

Let them put Maina, Dasuki, everyone....even GEJ, Buhari, IBB, Tinubu, etc in the dock. No matter how long it takes. Because I AM FED UP WITH PEOPLE MAKING EXCUSES FOR THE CORRUPT. NIGERIA HAS SUFFERED ENOUGH.

Good morning.
This is utterly a senseless deviation from your initial standpoint. I hope you remain in your place.
Re: $1.7M Found In Abdulrasheed Maina's Niger Repulblic Home, EFCC And NIA Called by maasoap(m): 7:48am On Oct 13, 2019
Chepos1:
Pls we are tired of all these media trials.

He wasn't tried, you were crying. He's being tried now, you're tired of medial trial! What is media trial? The last time I checked, revelations and reporting new discoveries is good for the public. Only in Nigeria you would see youth shouting media trial whenever a news or report is made about criminals

1 Like 1 Share

Re: $1.7M Found In Abdulrasheed Maina's Niger Repulblic Home, EFCC And NIA Called by Osobi32(m): 7:51am On Oct 13, 2019
The north will sink this country...... With the level of looting going on now, hmmmm even God has given up on Nigeria

1 Like

Re: $1.7M Found In Abdulrasheed Maina's Niger Repulblic Home, EFCC And NIA Called by maasoap(m): 7:51am On Oct 13, 2019
atiku4President:
Nothing will happen cos he is a sacred cow. You won't her about forfeiture, but if he is from South the speed of of investigation would only be compared with the speed of light.

Coming from someone with "atiku4president"! May be you should change your username first, Northerners' slave.
Re: $1.7M Found In Abdulrasheed Maina's Niger Repulblic Home, EFCC And NIA Called by bodemattews(m): 7:51am On Oct 13, 2019
Where did they cash this money? What bank

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: $1.7M Found In Abdulrasheed Maina's Niger Repulblic Home, EFCC And NIA Called by seguno2: 7:52am On Oct 13, 2019
post=83089898:
All these serious crime against humanity happened the time the ineffectual buffon ( according to TIME MAGAZINES) told us brazenly that STEALING IS NOT CORRUPTION.
Many pensioners lost their lives after this criminal looted the monies they worked for with their sweat.
Now, compare all these BILLIONS to what Allison, the frog eyed thief stole and ran away.
This is not even up to 5% of what she looted.
At this point, we will only say posterity will judge all and every politicians that looted our national treasury along with each and every of their supporters.
They can never ever escape this.
This is just too much!

So what made your incompetent lootocrat, who pretends to be fighting corruption, reinstate and promote the same Maina who Jonathan sacked and declared wanted

1 Like

Re: $1.7M Found In Abdulrasheed Maina's Niger Repulblic Home, EFCC And NIA Called by donshaddow(m): 7:53am On Oct 13, 2019
It's our money. Share it to the masses.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: $1.7M Found In Abdulrasheed Maina's Niger Repulblic Home, EFCC And NIA Called by seguno2: 7:55am On Oct 13, 2019
Osobi32:
The north will sink this country...... With the level of looting going on now, hmmmm even God has given up on Nigeria

The woman who was the Head of Service, Ita-Oyo, who advised against Maina’s reinstatement and promotion, is now being tried for corruption after being suspended by Buhari from office.

1 Like

Re: $1.7M Found In Abdulrasheed Maina's Niger Repulblic Home, EFCC And NIA Called by seguno2: 7:56am On Oct 13, 2019
donshaddow:
It's our money. Share it to the masses.

Just sharing because the money was not meant for something else from the onset

1 Like

Re: $1.7M Found In Abdulrasheed Maina's Niger Repulblic Home, EFCC And NIA Called by Nobody: 7:57am On Oct 13, 2019
All those fine fine houses and hotels in Dubai are own by Nigeria's politicians.Only if efcc can investigate properly because the commission only goes after buhari jubril's enemies.
Re: $1.7M Found In Abdulrasheed Maina's Niger Repulblic Home, EFCC And NIA Called by mikkycoins(m): 7:57am On Oct 13, 2019
Fastest way to be wealthy in Nigeria is to join politics.

Original Kingston 64gb memory cards for 4500 naira with free delivery nationwide

Re: $1.7M Found In Abdulrasheed Maina's Niger Repulblic Home, EFCC And NIA Called by naijadrivablog: 8:01am On Oct 13, 2019
They are not Nigerians but claim so, even get political offices here! angry
Re: $1.7M Found In Abdulrasheed Maina's Niger Repulblic Home, EFCC And NIA Called by maasoap(m): 8:03am On Oct 13, 2019
Gandollaar:
Nothing will come out of it. He is been harassed now because of public outcry because maina is a well known Ally of buhari who contributed immensely to his campaign in 2015.

If not opposition, maina would have been going and coming as he likes to aso rock by now

Whatever you like, make it your conclusion. All what we know is that Maina stole everything he stole right under the nose of Ineffectual Buffon who said that "stealing is not corruption". Assets worth 1 billion naira is going to be forfeited to the FG under Buhari, "his ally", according to you. This is another 1.7 million dollars coming in.
May be you have forgotten or you were not aware of this but let me remind you. When public were demanding for the arrest of Maina under Jonathan, what did he do? He made him untouchable, he protected him. He made sure that he escaped to another country before he gave the security agents go ahead to arrest him. My problem is not with Buharis or Jonathans but with the citizens like you who are mentally deficient to know who should be blamed. The one whose under him the money was stolen or the one whose under him we're getting our money back? The one who protected the criminal or the one who got him arrested?
Re: $1.7M Found In Abdulrasheed Maina's Niger Repulblic Home, EFCC And NIA Called by holycup(m): 8:08am On Oct 13, 2019
dominique:
Can any country endure the amount of looting Nigeria has endured?
Even in America,all the oyibos for don turn black..if them epirience the kind of looting Nigeria has endured wallahi.Abacha’sloot alone,May God help us.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: $1.7M Found In Abdulrasheed Maina's Niger Repulblic Home, EFCC And NIA Called by mercyviv(f): 8:14am On Oct 13, 2019
When I hear the kind of figures being traced to these people, I just wonder why the economy won't be adrift when all the monies that should be used for development has been frittered away. At the long run, he'll walk with a plea bargain and will be left to enjoy the rest of his loot forever!
Meanwhile...
Are you a teacher?
Get FREE access to the best compilation of school lesson notes/plans, curriculum and exams. Visit my signature for details...
Re: $1.7M Found In Abdulrasheed Maina's Niger Repulblic Home, EFCC And NIA Called by Gandollaar(f): 8:17am On Oct 13, 2019
maasoap:

Whatever you like, make it your conclusion. All what we know is that Maina stole everything he stole right under the nose of Ineffectual Buffon who said that "stealing is not corruption". Assets worth 1 billion naira is going to be forfeited to the FG under Buhari, "his ally", according to you. This is another 1.7 million dollars coming in.
May be you have forgotten or you were not aware of this but let me remind you. When public were demanding for the arrest of Maina under Jonathan, what did he do? He made him untouchable, he protected him. He made sure that he escaped to another country before he gave the security agents go ahead to arrest him. My problem is not with Buharis or Jonathans but with the citizens like you who are mentally deficient to know who should be blamed. The one whose under him the money was stolen or the one whose under him we're getting our money back? The one who protected the criminal or the one who got him arrested?
I read only your opening sentence..

Jonathan sacked him and he ran away as a fugitive.

Buhari smuggled him back into the country and gave him back his job and entitlements as partly revealed by former HOS who is now feeling the heat for blowing the matter open.

1 Like

Re: $1.7M Found In Abdulrasheed Maina's Niger Repulblic Home, EFCC And NIA Called by maasoap(m): 8:47am On Oct 13, 2019
Gandollaar:
I read only your opening sentence..

Who cares if you didn't read any part of it, you're afraid of you might come across. My post wasn't meant for you only, it was to put things in the right perspective for Nairalanders so that they could know how hypocritical you are.

Jonathan sacked him and he ran away as a fugitive.

He sacked him only when he made sure that he had escaped. When he was still in the country, he protected him. What attempts did he make to recover his loot? Did he even agreed that he looted? No.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.icirnigeria.org/clarified-jonathan-sacked-maina-only-reluctantly-and-declined-to-prosecute-him/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thenigerianvoice.com/amp/news/107881/senate-gives-jonathan-two-days-ultimatum-to-sack-maina.html

Buhari smuggled him back into the country and gave him back his job and entitlements as partly revealed by former HOS who is now feeling the heat for blowing the matter open.

And now, he's in the DSS custody and losing his stolen wealth home and abroad to FG under Buhari, that's what matters. Wealth stolen under Mr "stealing is not corruption".
Re: $1.7M Found In Abdulrasheed Maina's Niger Repulblic Home, EFCC And NIA Called by Mrexcell(m): 8:47am On Oct 13, 2019
stickle:
NIGERIA’S northern neighbour, Niger Republic, has blown the lid off $1.7m cash found in an apartment in its capital Niamey.

The Nigerien authorities tipped off Abuja about the cash found in the apartment believed to be owned by a former Chairman of the Pension Reform Task Team, Abdulrasheed Maina.

At N359 to $1, the 41.7m is about N610.3m.

There is suspicion that the cash is part of the money allegedly stolen by Maina who is currently in security custody following his arrest recently by the Department of Security Services (DSS) in an Abuja hotel along with his son, Faisal.

He had allegedly sneaked into the country from Dubai apparently to avoid arrest.

Maina is under investigation for alleged mismanagement of over N24billion pension funds while in office.

Twenty-nine assets worth N1billion also suspected to be owned by him have already been seized.

The Nation gathered authoritatively that the security agencies may also probe Maina on why one of his nephews, Sadiq Abdullahi Ismaila, was almost tortured to death over how $1.7million got missing from a safe house.

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) is on the trail of Sadiq Abdullahi Ismaila, who released a video clip detailing his alleged travail over the missing cash.

Sources said relatives are mounting pressure on Sadiq to go underground to save Maina.

Investigation by our correspondent revealed that about $1.7million cash belonging to a Nigerian was traced found in an apartment in Niamey by security agents.

The Nigerien Government alerted Nigeria’s Federal Government of the strange discovery of the cash, following which Abuja directed the National Intelligence Agency (NIA) to investigate.

Preliminary investigation by the NIA and the EFCC suggests that Maina knows about it because the apartment in question used to serve as one of his hideouts in Niger Republic.

The discovery of the cash in Niamey coincided with the alleged disappearance of $1.7million cash from Maina’s safe house.

Investigators suspect that the pain of losing the $1.7million may have forced Maina to sneak into the country to look for the cash before the law caught up with him.

An authoritative source said: “The $1.7m was stashed in an apartment in Niger Republic which was being occupied by a Nigerian.

“So far, a trail of the cash by security agencies has linked Maina to the cash because the apartment was alleged to be his hideout.

“Detectives are working round the clock to uncover where the suspected pension cash was sourced and how it was ferried to Niger Republic.

“One of the clues being probed was the allegation that Faisal Maina (the son of the ex-pension reform task force chairman) moved the cash from Nigeria to the Republic of Niger.”

Responding to a question, the source added: “Investigators have also discovered that Maina allegedly influenced the arrest and torture of one of his nephews, Sadiq Abdullahi Ismaila over a missing $1.7m.

“Sadiq , who later released a video clip on his ordeal, asked Maina to turn his searchlight on his son, Faisal and wife.”

In the clip, which was exclusively obtained by THE NATION, Sadiq said: “I am a nephew to the ex-pension boss, Abdulrasheed Maina. Well, a lot has been happening lately. For those of you that know me very well, a lot has been happening. I know some of you know everything that has been going on and I haven’t come out to say a word about it yet.

Read Also: N2b ‘fraud’: EFCC grills Maina
“But I figure it is high time I come out to speak about it . Why? It is because I felt for the safety of the people around me, especially my family and others like that.

“Well, I was abducted by Abdulrasheed Maina (my uncle) for three days and I was tortured for something I didn’t do. He accused me of taking $1.7million of his which his son took from his house. His son and his wife too,

“I have been paying for $1.7million that is not with me. The funny thing is that this man has been sending people after me, my family and friends. And for me, I don’t really care because I have seen it all. There is nothing more he can do to me because I have already endured three good days of torture from somebody I look up to.

“He is somebody I point out to be a father figure to me; somebody who is the immediate brother to my mum. Let me make this video short. Abdulrasheed Maina, if you think your money is with me, I told you, go and meet your wife and your son.

“The $1.7million, you said you got it while you were washing toilets. I don’t know where they pay in dollars for washing toilets. I don’t know where you got the money from.

“But I know for sure the way you launder money and you know I know that. That is why you wanted me dead. I just survived because it was not my time when you asked those hoodlums, claiming to be DSS operatives to torture me for good three days. I almost died but it was not my time.

“For you now to be sending people because I have been quiet about it. I have been quiet about it because your mum (our grandmother) begged me to keep the issue as a family issue.”

Already, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has traced additional 29 assets in the country, worth N1, 054,000, 000 to Maina.

Some foreign assets have been located in the United Arab Emirates and other jurisdictions.

The anti-graft commission has filed an application before a High Court to place all the 29 assets under forfeiture.

The agency wants to invoke Mutual Legal Assistance Treaty (MLAT) to seize Maina’s choice properties in the UAE and other countries.

Other items retrieved from Maina and his son, Faisal, include 31 SIM Cards of UAE, MTN, 9Mobile and Airtel; 19 handsets; one iPad and two laptops; 13 flash drives and Kentucky US ID card; UAE Certificate of Naturalization; and UAE ID card.

On December 9, 2017, the EFCC Acting Chairman Mr. Ibrahim Magu said seven properties had been seized from Maina.

https://thenationonlineng.net/niger-republic-alerts-fg-of-1-7m-cash-in-mainas-niamey-home/amp/

Northerners are really the most corrupt in Nigeria how can any sane human being steal monies meant for retired old pensioners? People that served and gave their all to the country during their youthful days only to be rewarded by extremely greedy persons like maina. In countries like china maina will surely be executed.
Re: $1.7M Found In Abdulrasheed Maina's Niger Repulblic Home, EFCC And NIA Called by maasoap(m): 8:57am On Oct 13, 2019
Mrexcell:

Northerners are really the most corrupt in Nigeria how can any sane human being steal monies meant for retired old pensioners? People that served and gave their all to the country during their youthful days only to be rewarded by extremely greedy persons like maina. In countries like china maina will surely be executed.

And there are no mind-boggling looting equally carried out by their southern counterparts? Diezani was from the North? The last time I checked, this one is small compared to Diezani's or Mama Piss loot
Re: $1.7M Found In Abdulrasheed Maina's Niger Repulblic Home, EFCC And NIA Called by Nobody: 9:00am On Oct 13, 2019
GMbuharii:

True, especially from those sacrilegious Mufutaus mumunis Rahmanis Nurudeen Tajudeen Kabiru ganiyu Ajanaku Lagbaja etc...if the topic had read GEJ PEJ Diezani Iweala Oduah Asari Dokuboh Nnamdi Kanu, AHHHHHHHHHHH....... someone haff tampering with the amala be that
Buh now,they have gone completely deaf and dumb and blind and mute
grin grin grin
lzaa afamed helinues bastardmod adaibeku
Alliance of Perpetual Corruption doing their thing grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: $1.7M Found In Abdulrasheed Maina's Niger Repulblic Home, EFCC And NIA Called by helinues: 9:02am On Oct 13, 2019
immhotep:

Alliance of Perpetual Corruption doing their thing grin

Its obvious we were/are not a fan of Maina from onset.. Our comments can justify that

What next buddy?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Truck Of Rice Found In Joseph Ununu's Residence In Ebonyi As Police Investigate / Senators Vote YES for Immunity for NASS members / China-africa Summit; Pro-biafra Supporters Protest In South Africa. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.