Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,118 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:26 AM

Mention The Types Of Angels And Salvation - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mention The Types Of Angels And Salvation (394 Views)

The Glory Of His Grace ( sin, repentance and salvation ) / Sign Fireman Storms Liberia With A Rain Of Miracles And Salvation! / Members Of Salvation Ministry Blasted For Buying Their PAPA A Private Jet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mention The Types Of Angels And Salvation by daddymummy(m): 7:42am On Oct 13, 2019
Hello my people!

I am currently a student of bible school.

We are currently writting examination and the paper for today is Soteriology.

Soteriology is the study of salvation.

Please,can someone state the types of salvation we have.

Also can somebody state the types of angels we have.

Types of angels is under the course called Angelology.

But types of angels is not in the lecture note.
Re: Mention The Types Of Angels And Salvation by HerCuteness(f): 7:48am On Oct 13, 2019
The first sphere angels serve as the heavenly servants of God the Son incarnated.
Seraphim.
Cherubim.
Thrones.
Dominions or Lordships.
Virtues or Strongholds.
Powers or Authorities.
Principalities or Rulers.
Archangels.

2 Likes

Re: Mention The Types Of Angels And Salvation by Nobody: 7:55am On Oct 13, 2019
Arch Angels is the head of the Angels in heaven and each are bn called upon during prayer to help we the souls in earth
Re: Mention The Types Of Angels And Salvation by daddymummy(m): 8:27am On Oct 13, 2019
Ok

HerCuteness:
The first sphere angels serve as the heavenly servants of God the Son incarnated.
Seraphim.
Cherubim.
Thrones.
Dominions or Lordships.
Virtues or Strongholds.
Powers or Authorities.
Principalities or Rulers.
Archangels.
Re: Mention The Types Of Angels And Salvation by daddymummy(m): 8:29am On Oct 13, 2019
Alright

dirtydiva:
Arch Angels is the head of the Angels in heaven and each are bn called upon during prayer to help we the souls in earth
Re: Mention The Types Of Angels And Salvation by Ihedinobi3: 9:22am On Oct 13, 2019
daddymummy:
Hello my people!

I am currently a student of bible school.

We are currently writting examination and the paper for today is Soteriology.

Soteriology is the study of salvation.

Please,can someone state the types of salvation we have.

Also can somebody state the types of angels we have.

Types of angels is under the course called Angelology.

But types of angels is not in the lecture note.
Hello.

I think it is a tragedy that one who may be training to become a pastor-teacher would be asking such a question on a forum such as this, but even things like this can prove to be an immense spiritual opportunity for one such as yourself. So, while I must advise you as one who seems to be aspiring to the office of a pastor-teacher or even one who is just seeking to understand the Bible to learn from a reliable Bible teaching ministry that willingly answers all your Bible questions and to read your Bible diligently, I will also answer your question in hopes that you will go further and seek to learn the Truth correctly.

About Salvation, there is only one such thing. We are saved by faith in Jesus Christ, God and Man, and in His Perfect Sacrifice for our sins. The only sense in which there are different types of salvation is in the sense that Salvation has three aspects to it. Once we believe, we are saved positionally. That means that we have been accepted into God's Family through the Sacrifice of the Lord Jesus. But we are also being saved experientially. That means that we are defending that choice we made to believe and are depending on that Sacrifice in our everyday experience to continue to operate as members of God's Family. Finally, we are going to be saved when the Lord Jesus returns for us or we die in the faith. That means that if we hold on to our faith in Jesus Christ until the end of our earthly journey, we will eventually have our bodies changed into perfect, sinless, eternal ones in which we will never again sin against God, rather we will be in perfect, unbreakable, eternal fellowship with Him forever.

From the highest ranking elect angels to the lowest (of elect angels still), the ranks are:

1. Cherubim (also called seraphim and living beings). There are only four of these. They have four faces: that of a man, of an ox, of a lion, and of an eagle. They also have six wings, two for flying, two for covering their faces, and two for covering their feet. Their legs are straight, but their feet are like those of a calf. Under their wings, they have hands like those of a man. Their whole bodies are covered with eyes. Although the Old Testament, especially Genesis 3, the Psalms, the accounts of King Solomon's Temple in 1 Kings and 2 Chronicles mentions them several times, they are most in view and are described in Isaiah 6, Ezekiel 1 and 10 and Revelation 4.

They are the angels most intimately associated with the Throne of God. They transport it, as Ezekiel saw and describes (that is why he described them as having four wings: they use two to drive God's Chariot Throne. So when they are transporting the Throne, only four are visible, but when you read Ezekiel 1:15-21, you can see that the wheels are like their bodies, covered with eyes and moving as they move). They are also the guardians of God's Holiness. They make it unquestionably clear that God is set apart from His Creation and is fully deserving of worship.

2. The Royal Elders. There are twenty-four of these, four from every angelic clan. They sit in state around God's Throne in the assembly. The Bible says very little about the angels in general, but it says more about the cherubim than it does about the elders. All we know about these is that they are depicted as royalty and they are the next closest to the Throne after the Cherubim who are practically part of the Throne itself. What is available to be know about the elders is in Revelation 4 and onward.

3. The Archangels. There are seven of these. The impression that the Bible gives of them is that they are like military commanders or generals. They stand in state before the Chariot Throne, and they are intimately associated with the war against Satan and his angels as we see in Daniel and Revelation. Michael and Gabriel are the only two named among them (and among all the angels). Michael particularly is depicted as a special archangel, and this makes sense since seven is an odd number of archangels. There are six elect angelic clans, so six archangels would make a lot of sense. There are seven, however, and Michael is depicted as being intimately associated with Israel, God's Special Nation.

3. Authorities. There is no given number of these angels, but they operate as commanders of units of angels. Paul mentions them in some of his letters, as does Peter, and in Revelation 7 and Zechariah 6, for example, we are given to see some angels who may be authorities carrying out their duties.

4. Powers. These are also angels of considerable authority, but who rank well below the authorities above.

5. Spirits. These are rank and file angels. They are not less important to the Lord, nor are they insignificant in power. They are only low-ranking.

Satan has his own system for organizing his angels, as should be expected of a rebel. In his organization, there are inflated ranks, and there are ranks that only work with respect to his claim to authority over the earth. It is useful to know these things, so I'll give you a link to study further.

For angels: [url=https://ichthys.com/SR4(SWS).htm#3.%20Organization%20of%20the%20Holy%20Angels:]Organization of the Elect Angels[/url]

For Soteriology: What It Means to be Saved

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mention The Types Of Angels And Salvation by daddymummy(m): 10:27am On Oct 13, 2019
Thanks

[quote author=Ihedinobi3 post=83093276]
Hello.

I think it is a tragedy that one who may be training to become a pastor-teacher would be asking such a question on a forum such as this, but even things like this can prove to be an immense spiritual opportunity for one such as yourself. So, while I must advise you as one who seems to be aspiring to the office of a pastor-teacher or even one who is just seeking to understand the Bible to learn from a reliable Bible teaching ministry that willingly answers all your Bible questions and to read your Bible diligently, I will also answer your question in hopes that you will go further and seek to learn the Truth correctly.

About Salvation, there is only one such thing. We are saved by faith in Jesus Christ, God and Man, and in His Perfect Sacrifice for our sins. The only sense in which there are different types of salvation is in the sense that Salvation has three aspects to it. Once we believe, we are saved positionally. That means that we have been accepted into God's Family through the Sacrifice of the Lord Jesus. But we are also being saved experientially. That means that we are defending that choice we made to believe and are depending on that Sacrifice in our everyday experience to continue to operate as members of God's Family. Finally, we are going to be saved when the Lord Jesus returns for us or we die in the faith. That means that if we hold on to our faith in Jesus Christ until the end of our earthly journey, we will eventually have our bodies changed into perfect, sinless, eternal ones in which we will never again sin against God, rather we will be in perfect, unbreakable, eternal fellowship with Him forever.

From the highest ranking elect angels to the lowest (of elect angels still), the ranks are:

1. Cherubim (also called seraphim and living beings). There are only four of these. They have four faces: that of a man, of an ox, of a lion, and of an eagle. They also have six wings, two for flying, two for covering their faces, and two for covering their feet. Their legs are straight, but their feet are like those of a calf. Under their wings, they have hands like those of a man. Their whole bodies are covered with eyes. Although the Old Testament, especially Genesis 3, the Psalms, the accounts of King Solomon's Temple in 1 Kings and 2 Chronicles mentions them several times, they are most in view and are described in Isaiah 6, Ezekiel 1 and 10 and Revelation 4.

They are the angels most intimately associated with the Throne of God. They transport it, as Ezekiel saw and describes (that is why he described them as having four wings: they use two to drive God's Chariot Throne. So when they are transporting the Throne, only four are visible, but when you read Ezekiel 1:15-21, you can see that the wheels are like their bodies, covered with eyes and moving as they move). They are also the guardians of God's Holiness. They make it unquestionably clear that God is set apart from His Creation and is fully deserving of worship.

2. The Royal Elders. There are twenty-four of these, four from every angelic clan. They sit in state around God's Throne in the assembly. The Bible says very little about the angels in general, but it says more about the cherubim than it does about the elders. All we know about these is that they are depicted as royalty and they are the next closest to the Throne after the Cherubim who are practically part of the Throne itself. What is available to be know about the elders is in Revelation 4 and onward.

3. The Archangels. There are seven of these. The impression that the Bible gives of them is that they are like military commanders or generals. They stand in state before the Chariot Throne, and they are intimately associated with the war against Satan and his angels as we see in Daniel and Revelation. Michael and Gabriel are the only two named among them (and among all the angels). Michael particularly is depicted as a special archangel, and this makes sense since seven is an odd number of archangels. There are six elect angelic clans, so six archangels would make a lot of sense. There are seven, however, and Michael is depicted as being intimately associated with Israel, God's Special Nation.

3. Authorities. There is no given number of these angels, but they operate as commanders of units of angels. Paul mentions them in some of his letters, as does Peter, and in Revelation 7 and Zechariah 6, for example, we are given to see some angels who may be authorities carrying out their duties.

4. Powers. These are also angels of considerable authority, but who rank well below the authorities above.

5. Spirits. These are rank and file angels. They are not less important to the Lord, nor are they insignificant in power. They are only low-ranking.

Satan has his own system for organizing his angels, as should be expected of a rebel. In his organizati
Re: Mention The Types Of Angels And Salvation by finalboss(m): 5:37pm On Oct 13, 2019
dirtydiva:
have you seen one before

1 Like

Re: Mention The Types Of Angels And Salvation by Nobody: 5:55pm On Oct 13, 2019
finalboss:
have you seen one before
Yea... On my way home
Re: Mention The Types Of Angels And Salvation by finalboss(m): 6:05pm On Oct 13, 2019
dirtydiva:
Yea... On my way home
do I look like a joke to you ?
Re: Mention The Types Of Angels And Salvation by Nobody: 6:21pm On Oct 13, 2019
finalboss:
see it as a joke but I m serious abt what I told you, it may sound stupid but I know what I m saying. I don't know if it's archangel as there are plenty angels in heavenly glory
Re: Mention The Types Of Angels And Salvation by Nobody: 6:22pm On Oct 13, 2019
finalboss:
i know you will see it as joke but I m damn serious
Re: Mention The Types Of Angels And Salvation by finalboss(m): 6:34pm On Oct 13, 2019
dirtydiva:
see it as a joke but I m serious abt what I told you, it may sound stupid but I know what I m saying. I don't know if it's archangel as there are plenty angels in heavenly glory
hmm it's called hallucination dear.
Re: Mention The Types Of Angels And Salvation by Nobody: 6:37pm On Oct 13, 2019
finalboss:
hmm it's called hallucination dear.
Then let me continue hallucinating, I m enjoying my hallucination

1 Like

Re: Mention The Types Of Angels And Salvation by finalboss(m): 7:08pm On Oct 13, 2019
dirtydiva:
Then let me continue hallucinating, I m enjoying my hallucination
you need help sis. Don't continue like this
Re: Mention The Types Of Angels And Salvation by daddymummy(m): 10:06pm On Oct 13, 2019
Thanks to all who contributed.

I wrote the examinations.

I answered all required questions in the following courses:

Christology(study of Jesus Christ),

Theology(study of God),

Pneumatology(study of Holy spirit),

Angelology(study of angels)

soteriology(study of the theory of salvation).

Kelosis(emptying of Jesus christ self to become a man)

Christophany(The appearance of Jesus Christ in old testament with the name Angel of the Lord as recorded in the bible).

I was able to answer the question in soterioloy which required us to mention and discus the 3 elements of salvation.

I mentioned the 3 elements of salvation which are CONVICTION,REPENTANCE,CONVERSION.

The only problem i had was in the course called 'church history 1'.

The question required us to determine whether the conversion of emperor Constantine to christianity was a blessing or a curse.

We were asked to discus the persecution of christians by the following emperors:

Nero, 64 AD

Domitian, 81 AD

Trajan and Antonius pius.

(1) (Reply)

Learn How To Pray Your Way Into Victory Before 2020 By Apostle Joshua Selman / Muslim Imams And Traditionalists Give Their Lives To Christ In Abuja (photos) / What Kind Of Islam Do Nigerian Moslems Practice? See Saudi Arabia New Rule

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.