Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,787 members, 7,806,181 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:38 PM

Gurusland.com Is Alive - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Gurusland.com Is Alive (2568 Views)

Facebook.com Is Down / Www.toscanyacademy.com is online now / News24.com Is Africa Most Visited Websites (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gurusland.com Is Alive by Emalachi(m): 7:32pm On Nov 07, 2010
OUR ONE AND ONLY GURUS DISCUSSION PANEL IS STILL BLAZING HOT LIKE FIRE, IT IS FASTEST BECOMING THE HOTTEST SPOT FOR THE GURUS TO MEET SO RUSH NOW AND JOIN US

HTTP://GURUSLAND.COM

REMEMBER IT IS FREE FOR ALL OF US
Re: Gurusland.com Is Alive by ishit4body(f): 7:44pm On Nov 07, 2010
try www.naijageeks.com as well
Re: Gurusland.com Is Alive by Slyr0x: 8:00pm On Nov 07, 2010
Emalachi:

OUR ONE AND ONLY GURUS DISCUSSION PANEL IS STILL BLAZING HOT LIKE FIRE, IT IS FASTEST BECOMING THE HOTTEST SPOT FOR THE GURUS TO MEET SO RUSH NOW AND JOIN US

HTTP://GURUSLAND.COM

REMEMBER IT IS FREE FOR ALL OF US

Have you tried this before

http://gurusland.com/index.php?action=reminder;sa=setpassword;u=Admin;code=0eb3d1f811

??
Re: Gurusland.com Is Alive by Afam4eva(m): 8:09pm On Nov 07, 2010
That Gruguruland looks like Nairaland. Rubbish forums.
Re: Gurusland.com Is Alive by utimatedes(m): 8:40pm On Nov 07, 2010
I don't why many of you make a lot of mistake!
You want visitors to join your forum before exploring the site, how many people will want to go through such process before getting the information they need.

I normally ignore such site when I come across one no matter how important the information I want to get.

Your forum got no rank, low content but you said ur site is hot, blazing, etc.

Give visitors the opportunity to navigate and explore your site and if they love it they will join
Re: Gurusland.com Is Alive by Afam4eva(m): 8:59pm On Nov 07, 2010
utimatedes:

I don't why many of you make a lot of mistake!
You want visitors to join your forum before exploring the site, how many people will want to go through such process before getting the information they need.

I normally ignore such site when I come across one no matter how important the information I want to get.

Your forum got no rank, low content but you said your site is hot, blazing, etc.

Give visitors the opportunity to navigate and explore your site and if they love it they will join

Most of these forums have little or no content. That's why they want you to register before you see anything. It's like paying for a cloth before seeing what it looks like. I register in forums that have high PR, traffic etc.
Re: Gurusland.com Is Alive by yawatide(f): 9:10pm On Nov 07, 2010
Don't get me wrong, I love anyone who is willing to give anything a try but, sooner or later with such forums, you uncover the true reason for their being - google ad revenue
Re: Gurusland.com Is Alive by ishit4body(f): 9:19pm On Nov 07, 2010
I wonder whats wrong with gathering google ad revenue? It is very uncalled for to call the handiwork of someone rubbish under any guise. There is no way that can be justified.

The forums that have high ranking, high membership etc started one day, they didnt just grow to where they are like that. They make mistakes and they learn and down the years, they have the so called PR etc. But to use words like rubbish shows the kind of person behind those words. You are not going to bring anything worthwhile if you join, so. It is a market, it doesnt know or care about who comes to it or not. Period.

1 Like

Re: Gurusland.com Is Alive by DualCore1: 11:18pm On Nov 07, 2010
Interestingly pop corn is called guguru in some official/unofficial language.

This feels good. . . pop corn and the movie that's about to start here.
Lord please keep the peacekeepers away from this place, keep Omni asleep, keep everyone here online, make yawa go nutz, make afam4eva rubbish this place, give utimatedes (geez lord how do u pronounce that ID?) the strength to cause wahala here and foremost of all give my laptop battery (which we know will go off any minute) the fortitude to power my machine for hours.

Edit: . . . lord bless me with some insight into this mysterious ishit4body fellow and grant me the wisdom to uncover his/her true identity.

<seriously>
I dare gurusland.com to be alive and happy in 2 years.
P.S: this dare goes to the domain and not the owner, nothing personal.
</seriously>

//afam4eva, its your turn to punch  grin
//after that yawa you follow then Emalachi respond with a kick and just get it going like that smiley.
Re: Gurusland.com Is Alive by yawatide(f): 11:24pm On Nov 07, 2010
I wonder whats wrong with gathering google ad revenue?

I guess you've missed my point so I will try to break it down to you, using Dual's response:

<seriously>
I dare gurusland.com to be alive and happy in 2 years.
P.S: this dare goes to the domain and not the owner, nothing personal.
</seriously>

A forum is more than gathering people, setting up google ads and looking like the very forum you are advertising on.  For crying out loud, be unique.  Generally speaking, naija too dey follow follow.  We seldom come up with anything original.  All we do is consume.

As I stated above, I salute their efforts though, IMHO, not well thought out. I don't know about you but I was turned off the minute it seemed to me I had to sign up before seeing any topics. In today's internet biz world, there is something called "freemiums". Like a drug dealer, you lure me in with free stuff then if part of your biz model, make me pay for extras. There is a book called "Don't make me think" by Daniel Krug. I hereby make it required reading for everyone on this board.
Re: Gurusland.com Is Alive by DualCore1: 11:41pm On Nov 07, 2010
Required?!
Christ, like we don't already have enough homework? angry

**gathers the boys to the table to read the book mom has made mandatory**
As usual, donpuzo and tony start by tearing the book before we even get to run through the Table of Contents.

<seriously>
I blame the lack of creativity on opensource. If SMF charged a dollar per month and PHPBB two, the Nigerian part of the web wont be this cluttered with forums with no real use. Its not the only thing to blame though.

Oh and that register before you see anything story, no insult intended bro but its bull. I am a very unserious person (heck I have to get serious with user-defined tags) yet I closed gurusland.com faster than I blinked when I saw the juicy SMF login screen. I dey mad? I should fill what, a registration form and then what? Trek (i'm very lazy) to my mail box for an activation email? What next? Trek back there (i'm very lazy) to see my account activated? Chineke, all this trekky trekky and I don;t know if whats on the site will even be useful to me o, ahn ahn brother! Ok, so if I (unseriousness personified) can't have a tolerance for login slaps (yea its like you're being slapped with a login right in yo face), how much more a serious person?
</seriously>
Re: Gurusland.com Is Alive by Nobody: 12:20am On Nov 08, 2010
Men, firstly, 40rk zoom mobile internet, for isolating me from this great thread. Have to come online via my communicator. (just one reason every webmaster should charge above 100k to aford one)

Now, i think it is not proffesional, unethical, and a sign of gross attitude issues to call one's work rubbish. I quote that "rubbish"

A simple "i dont find signing up to view topics a turn on in forums" would have passed the message.

@poster, the above, is my advice.

I am not yet the best developer in Nigeria(i intend to be) but i have been priviledged to have worked with some of the greatest people in this industry. He owns a site that grows at a rate of lowest 250 members a day. Though not a forum, he isolated people from seing anything till they sign up. That has not affected his site in anyway.

Which brings us to the conclusion that the sole decision lies in the site owner.

I never regreted nor wasted time signing up with www.nigeriaadultforum.com .
Re: Gurusland.com Is Alive by Slyr0x: 12:24am On Nov 08, 2010
^^^ This one na serious advertisement o0.!
Re: Gurusland.com Is Alive by nauvel: 12:30am On Nov 08, 2010
I never regreted nor wasted time signing up with www.nigeriaadultforum.com

Donpuzo, Ur a perv! shocked
Re: Gurusland.com Is Alive by DualCore1: 5:23am On Nov 08, 2010
shocked
Re: Gurusland.com Is Alive by ishit4body(f): 6:59am On Nov 08, 2010
everyone wants to prove he or she knows better than the other. Sick.
Re: Gurusland.com Is Alive by 080Nigeria(m): 4:45pm On Nov 08, 2010
Hi. I own a forum: www.kudizone.com. It's just a little more than 3 months old, has close to 400 members and is doing pretty well with Alexa rankings. I think that the main thing with starting forums is good content. Offer things that interest people. Be consistent and don't lose hope. People will criticize you but if you can accept the criticisms in good faith, you will go far.

About making money, there is nothing wrong with that. But money making should be a consequence of providing value.
Re: Gurusland.com Is Alive by 080Nigeria(m): 4:46pm On Nov 08, 2010
Hi. I own a forum: www.kudizone.com. It's just a little more than 3 months old, has close to 400 members and is doing pretty well with Alexa rankings. I think that the main thing with starting forums is good content. Offer things that interest people. Be consistent and don't lose hope. People will criticize you but if you can accept the criticisms in good faith, you will go far.

About making money, there is nothing wrong with that. But money making should be a consequence of providing value.
Re: Gurusland.com Is Alive by suxes2005(m): 5:35pm On Nov 08, 2010
Forum, tell us wat d forum is about
instead of lying here that its blazing,

I'm taking my time to gather enuf info
as per buildin my own forum cos i dnt
want shit forum and nt moni thingy

SHALOM
Re: Gurusland.com Is Alive by Desmond1990: 9:54pm On Apr 21, 2013
Gurusland.com seems to look better now, they need admins

(1) (Reply)

Guide To Submit 50000 Url's To Google And Rss Sites In 2 Mins. / Webmasters Post Your Facebook Fan Pages Here / Join Me Thank God Its My Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.