Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,905 members, 7,802,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:10 AM

Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? (41580 Views)

What Happened When I Told My Class Mates That I'm On A 2:1 Not A 1:1 / I Graduated With A 2.2, How Do I Become A University Lecturer? / Schools In Norway That Accepts A Second Class Lower Grade For Msc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by kamtrix(m): 11:07am On Oct 13, 2019
Happy Sunday guys. I want to know, for a graduate, is a 2.2 a bad result? Does it hinder one from certain opportunities and does it make employers not Like you?

Please help

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by Nobody: 11:10am On Oct 13, 2019
kamtrix:
Happy Sunday guys. I want to know, for a graduate, is a 2.2 a bad result? Does it hinder one from certain opportunities and does it make employers not Like you?

Please help cc lalasticlala

Yes,get the best if you can.But some 2.2 are smarter tho.
Those are the ones who had a great fall,I.e from a strong 2.1

16 Likes

Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by kamtrix(m): 11:29am On Oct 13, 2019
stinflame:

very yes.get the best if you can.But some are smarter tho.Those are the ones who had a great fall.lol
Please explain. You're not being coherent . More contributions are very welcome

3 Likes

Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by Nobody: 11:50am On Oct 13, 2019
kamtrix:

Please help cc lalasticlala
it will definitely hinder you from applying in some openings where they out-rightly earmark a minimum of 2.1 grade. But my dear grade does not matter this days in the labor market . what is really in demand is your skills .

151 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by Nobody: 11:56am On Oct 13, 2019
That's lower class.

Only God can favour you with that kind of grade... it is only through God you can find a good job with an average grade

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by tillaman(m): 1:10pm On Oct 13, 2019
Jhaytee4all:
That's lower class.

Only God can favour you with that kind of grade... it is only through God you can find a good job with an average grade
Not if he knows someone that knows someone!!
Nigeria of today doesn’t give a flying fuvck about your grade!!

179 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by Babaalata: 1:21pm On Oct 13, 2019
Oga don't depend on grade o, do your best to come out with good grades but if you can't don't let it be a stumbling block to your advancement.
Don't limit yourself
It can only be bad grade if all your life is dependent on academic records.
Everybody cannot make First Class, the reason we have 2.1,2.2 and third class.

59 Likes

Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by zionmde: 1:23pm On Oct 13, 2019
Bro Take this advice from me
First class and second class upper can get u a graduate Trainee job which is very competitive today. But it will take a whole lot of career upgrade to get it other jobs.
A practical example
A 2.2 graduate of Logistics with CIPS, CILT, SCM Certifications coupled with other notable trainings is far more valuable and has bigger job prospects than a 2.1 graduate of the same Course who doesn't have any of those.

Yes gun for 2.1 and above, but if u don't succeed in getting it, den while others are waiting for Nysc, doing Nysc, waiting for jobs, go ahead and try to gather experience through training and certifications. Now don't ask me where is the money? Ur mind is d capital u need

156 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by Business123: 1:47pm On Oct 13, 2019
I earn very good 6 digits with my 2.2, no godfather, no helper, started with 70k salary 6 years ago, started gaining experience and certifications, so within about 5-6 years of actively working I have been able to fight my way to where I am. Now no company can discriminate against me.

2.2 is not a bad degree, what you do next determinimes your testimony within 5 years from now. Your friends with 2.1 might have it easier than you now, because they will get more job invites than you, but within 5 years, if you are wise, patient and stategize things will be fine. Your destiny is in your hands.

231 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by OluwasureGig: 1:54pm On Oct 13, 2019
Business123:
I earn very good 6 digits with my 2.2, no godfather, no helper, started with 70k salary 6 years ago, started gaining experience and certifications, so within about 5-6 years of actively working I have been able to fight my way to where I am. Now no company can discriminate against me.

2.2 is not a bad degree, what you do next determinimes your testimony within 5 years from now. Your friends with 2.1 might have it easier than you now, because they will get more job invites than you, but within 5 years, if you are wise, patient and stategize things will be fine. Your destiny is in your hands.
please help me start with the 70k salary sir

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by lilmax(m): 2:02pm On Oct 13, 2019
zionmde:
Bro Take this advice from me
First class and second class upper can get u a graduate Trainee job which is very competitive today. But it will take a whole lot of career upgrade to get it other jobs.
A practical example
A 2.2 graduate of Logistics with CIPS, CILT, SCM Certifications coupled with other notable trainings is far more valuable and has bigger job prospects than a 2.1 graduate of the same Course who doesn't have any of those.

Yes gun for 2.1 and above, but if u don't succeed in getting it, den while others are waiting for Nysc, doing Nysc, waiting for jobs, go ahead and try to gather experience through training and certifications. Now don't ask me where is the money? Ur mind is d capital u need

fullstop

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by ilevic(m): 2:17pm On Oct 13, 2019
Jhaytee4all:
That's lower class.

That's in a sane clan. But in Nigeria, graduate with first class can't even get a private school job. Whereas those who didn't even have a first degree are working in choice places.

If you know person in Nigeria forget.

8 Likes

Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Oct 13, 2019
Truth be told its a bad grade, even those with 2:1 and 1st class never see job do.

But let me let you into the secret of success in life. Bleep the grade, it doesn't define you. Don't let it tell you who you are suppose to be. Just hustle and be your own boss and watch those with first class line up to open doors for you.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by AfonjaBoston: 2:34pm On Oct 13, 2019
2:2 is not a grade

2 Likes

Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by lovienna: 2:35pm On Oct 13, 2019
Who knows?
Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by helinues: 2:35pm On Oct 13, 2019
Succeeding in life is not by grades.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by figure007(m): 2:35pm On Oct 13, 2019
i graduated with 2:2 ...but am an enterprenuer with my own registered business and doing fine .... Funny enough i only worked for a year after Nysc and later resigned to start mine own business...am my own boss ... Your life is not in grade but your skills and Pray ... Am an IT PROFESSIONAL(ENGINEER). LIKE SOMEONE SAID YOU CAN ALSO GET CERTIFICATIONS ...THATS WHAT EMPLOYERS LOOK FOR NOW , 80PERCENT EMPLOYERS LOOK FOR CERTIFICATION AND NOT GRADE.... YOU DONT EXPECT ME TO EMPLOY FIRST class graduate FROM PRIVATE UNI OVER BSC OR HND WITH professional certifications/training FRoM OTHER UNI ...AM NOT DISCRIMINATING BUT THATS THE FACT ...

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by noble71(m): 2:35pm On Oct 13, 2019
No!!!!!
Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by tunjijones(m): 2:35pm On Oct 13, 2019
Your grades doesn't have anything to do with your success. I came out with a third class. Didnt allow it to way me down. I developed myself and I am doing good now. I even see some of my mates that came out with better grades still wallowing in poverty.

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by MiztaYouneek(m): 2:35pm On Oct 13, 2019
If you are asking this question, I wonder the kind of question those with 3rd class will ask.

24 Likes

Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by blackboy2star(m): 2:36pm On Oct 13, 2019
My brother, depends on what you have to offer... do you want to further your education? Good one. Do you want to join the queue for white collar job? Good one. Do you want to start your own business? Good one...

2 Likes

Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by heckymaicon(m): 2:36pm On Oct 13, 2019
it's not about the grade, it's GRACE bro

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by Balenciagabrain: 2:36pm On Oct 13, 2019
It's for legends. People that will make it on their own. Don't be deterred by it pls.

12 Likes

Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by Nobody: 2:36pm On Oct 13, 2019
If you’re not going to follow it up with a masters to boost your resume, then a 2.2 is as useless as not going to school at all. In this age were many good paying companies are asking for masters as minimum degree requirement, You now come with 2.2 bachelors. Don’t get me wrong, success in life is in no way dependent or guaranteed by whether you go to university at all, many people who didn’t go to uni are millionaires today. But if you’re going to waste the money, effort and 4+ years of your life on higher education, then it’s really foolish to come out with anything less than a 2.1

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by AfonjaBoston: 2:36pm On Oct 13, 2019
Business123:

100k is also 6 digits lol

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by naijadrivablog: 2:36pm On Oct 13, 2019
You mean Second Class (Lower Division)? No, I found out that life is about Grace of God, your connection and the type of people you know.

Most "2:2" graduates succeed faster than even First Class holders.

Sometimes, results just shows the knowledge you didn't forget at the examination hall.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by salaboiz(m): 2:36pm On Oct 13, 2019
just passing by on my bicycle
Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by penagronigltd: 2:36pm On Oct 13, 2019
Whether we like it or not, there will be opportunities open to first class/second class upper graduates that wont be open to other classes of degrees

3 Likes

Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by MrFly(m): 2:37pm On Oct 13, 2019
its a very good grade for an undergraduate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by seanwilliam(m): 2:37pm On Oct 13, 2019
sincerely if u knw anything u can do and finish with 2.1, pls do. some guys will nt tell u the truth to ur face just to sound nice and raise ur hope. u shouldnt nt base ur future on connection, lay ur life on GOD and ur intelligent o. nt everybody will see connection bro. but if u dn get 2.2 already, baba work on adding more certificatse to place u with or above 2.1. DNT BE BAMBOOZLED.

20 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Hilarious Post Updated On University Of Nigeria, Unn's Facebook Page / Top 10 African Universities In Computer Science: Covenant University Ranked / 6 Countries You Can Study At Top Universities At Affordable Fees.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.