Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,949 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:51 PM

Rivers State First Class Kings, Traditional Rulers (Photos) - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Rivers State First Class Kings, Traditional Rulers (Photos) (53368 Views)

Names Of Traditional Rulers In Yoruba Land / Traditional Rulers Council In Cross River State Warns Igbo Community. / Ooni Of Ife And Oluwo Of Iwo Clash At Traditional Rulers’ Council Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers State First Class Kings, Traditional Rulers (Photos) by emonis88: 8:04pm On Oct 13, 2019
Chimookigwe:

You people don't hear word and it is because of inherited stupidity.

You'll be calling these people Igbos but when they deal with you how they dealt with your fathers that made them to run and leave property, you'll start crying.

Edo and this particular Port Harcourt gave you painful lessons but you don't learn.
Pls understand that no person is forcing a person to be igbo. They say they r not but answer igbo names? Well that is their cup of tea. If them like sef make them claim Northern Nigeria, na them Sabi. Abegi another topic Jare!

7 Likes

Re: Rivers State First Class Kings, Traditional Rulers (Photos) by MisterKings(m): 8:05pm On Oct 13, 2019
All these kings are just selfish old men... period. None of them are ever after the well being of their subjects they are either sucking from them or manipulating them to do their bidding.
Obas in lagos worst pass. They are just lousy.
If you want to know how greedy they are.... Offer a CSR project in their domain, go through them first and see if it ever reaches the grass root.

4 Likes

Re: Rivers State First Class Kings, Traditional Rulers (Photos) by Tedassie(m): 8:06pm On Oct 13, 2019
Ctorch:
H. Em.Sir (Dr.) Chukumela Nnam Obi II O.O.N, JP
OBA (EZE OGBA) OF OGBALAND
We have Oba in Rivers state?

wowzy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers State First Class Kings, Traditional Rulers (Photos) by Nobody: 8:06pm On Oct 13, 2019
silas24:
Since the monarchy is no longer the prevalent authority, one would at least expect them to be custodians of culture and tradition as well as mediators in conflicts and agents of peace and order.
However Nigerian monarchs have no qualms with seeing their people suffering as long as they get their share of the "cake". The traditional ruler of my community stays in Lagos and comes home only when he has something to gain. When I went to an Anambra town I was told that the ruler lives abroad and only returns for their annual festival. So what exactly are they there for ...

Food for thought.....

Which town exactly in anambra state?
Re: Rivers State First Class Kings, Traditional Rulers (Photos) by thatigboman: 8:08pm On Oct 13, 2019
Amarabae:

Why all dis desperation to associate the Niger delta minorities with Igbo?
They are not Igbos pls.
Enough of all this unnecessary argument.
Thanks
Asagba Of Asaba: I Am A Proud Igbo Son
https://asaba.com/asagba-of-asaba-i-am-a-proud-igbo-son/

Nobody is associating anybody with anything.
King of Asaba says he's a proud son.
Governor Ifeanyi Okowa attends Ohaneze Govs meeting, says he's igbo.
Amaechi in Rivers says he's igbo.

9 Likes

Re: Rivers State First Class Kings, Traditional Rulers (Photos) by kendological(m): 8:10pm On Oct 13, 2019
Chimookigwe:

You people don't hear word and it is because of inherited stupidity.

You'll be calling these people Igbos but when they deal with you how they dealt with your fathers that made them to run and leave property, you'll start crying.

Edo and this particular Port Harcourt gave you painful lessons but you don't learn.
Stop displaying your stupidity, everyone must not agree with you. I am disappointed in your childish rants. Are your people better than Igbos today? Even with all the losses to the Igbo nation?

7 Likes

Re: Rivers State First Class Kings, Traditional Rulers (Photos) by kendological(m): 8:13pm On Oct 13, 2019
MelesZenawi:

Full igbo man but I didn't see any igbo name
It must be Kanuri names you saw.

7 Likes

Re: Rivers State First Class Kings, Traditional Rulers (Photos) by kendological(m): 8:15pm On Oct 13, 2019
Binikingdowm:
successful in terms of drug trafficking around the world? You people should be ashame even trying to shame Edo women why your people are in jail all over the world. They now differentiate Igbo's from other Nigerian tribes because that is what you people are known for.

Don't let me start on the baby factory and local prostitition Nigerians know you people for, it's a fact that Igbo's dominate every ashawo centres in Nigeria.

Which 40 million Igbo's? grin all these fake statistics without census, that was how I read Igbo was 55 million in population on Wikipedia.

Benin language won't die because it's our ligual franca and since Igbo's are dieing more than they are giving birth, we'll soon pass you people in population grin
Igbos may not be the best, but comparing them with Edo is time wasting.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers State First Class Kings, Traditional Rulers (Photos) by kendological(m): 8:22pm On Oct 13, 2019
DMerciful:
They are. We cant have people with little cultural differences claiming to be separate. How old is their history? Upto 2000yrs?
When people speak Igbo(of whatever dialect), bear Igbo names and the custodians of their traditions bear Obi and Eze(Jaja of Opobo was an Igbo too), the Igbos are usually confused to hear from a Bini person that they are not related to Igbos.
There are Igbo dialect, even in Abia state which the average Igbo man may find difficult to understand.
It's not bad if they are related to Bini, but the Igbo identity is too strong to deny.

11 Likes

Re: Rivers State First Class Kings, Traditional Rulers (Photos) by kendological(m): 8:25pm On Oct 13, 2019
Chimookigwe:

No, it is 101% Igbos
Your fathers learnt the hard way.
And has your own father achieved?

2 Likes

Re: Rivers State First Class Kings, Traditional Rulers (Photos) by lessonsoflife: 8:46pm On Oct 13, 2019
sassysure:
I have only been to the royal palace of eleme.

But their problem is that they task foreigners in their domain unnecessarily through burial levy.
Imagine, your nebors pap will die, instead of them to bury the man,they will leave him in the mortuary for 6 months to one yr. Meanwhile, they are going around tasking people for burial money any how.
Ndì ùchù.

And these people dey old very well. They enjoy life too much.

And if you are a stranger in Eleme you better be careful. They don't like strangers at all and they can kill you and keep it within themselves.
Rule number one, mind the way you relate with their girls.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers State First Class Kings, Traditional Rulers (Photos) by Seun360(m): 8:47pm On Oct 13, 2019
Where is HRM Ateke Tom?
Re: Rivers State First Class Kings, Traditional Rulers (Photos) by InvertedHammer: 9:05pm On Oct 13, 2019
/
Too many kings in SE/SS.

Imo State bastardized kingship with Autonomous communities.

First class kings? Who are the 3rd class kings? I really want to see the list.

/
Re: Rivers State First Class Kings, Traditional Rulers (Photos) by emerazz(m): 9:12pm On Oct 13, 2019
What's with the English names... Come tu calabar and see how its done..

Edidem ekpo abasi oku okokon ukpong atai oku v
The obong of calabar

4 Likes

Re: Rivers State First Class Kings, Traditional Rulers (Photos) by Nobody: 9:12pm On Oct 13, 2019
AyosMan:
Is obvious that Ibo people are sick and they inferiority complex...I see the reason y Yoruba people attack you people on social media... Ikweres and other rivers have their own language, culture and tradition which in some cases have similarities in cultural identity, like food, tribal mark, dressing, names, music and etc, this does mean that they belong to ur ethnic group or tribe... Nawaoooh, Ibo people you guys should be ashamed! You want to force your language on someone else while you want him/her to deny theirs. Am ashame of you people... Simply bcus their name sounds like ibo so automatically they are Ibo...God forbid bad thing....them swear for you guys? Na by for to be Ibo?.....nobody want to assocuate with you self...na my Governor from Owa in igbor is na ibo bcus he bears Ifeanyi...Hahahaha....itsekiri that bears names that sound like Yoruba we can simply na say they are Yoruba's.... Hmmmm....you ibos that claim to know y you know nothing are also aware that history has it that the king of Onitsha migrated from ancient Bini kingdom... I rest my case.....

English no correct, nothing correct.

Why not face Urhobo and stop been Insecure young man.

Or is your king now answering Eze or Obi?

4 Likes

Re: Rivers State First Class Kings, Traditional Rulers (Photos) by flexyrule(m): 9:16pm On Oct 13, 2019
Binikingdowm:
angry stop quoting me, I'm done with this thread.
Nigga. You've got a real problem.
Re: Rivers State First Class Kings, Traditional Rulers (Photos) by JewelRegi(f): 9:28pm On Oct 13, 2019
Ctorch:
H. M. Flt. Lt. Robinson O. Robinson (Rtd) CON, JP
EZE EKPEYE LOGBO

Late please
Re: Rivers State First Class Kings, Traditional Rulers (Photos) by DMerciful(m): 9:38pm On Oct 13, 2019
Even in Imo state not every village agrees with Mbaise. This is due to our foolishness of seeing differences when we should be seeing commonalities
Chimookigwe:

Why then did they seize the properties of Easterners during the civil war?
Re: Rivers State First Class Kings, Traditional Rulers (Photos) by Tekzyflex(m): 9:42pm On Oct 13, 2019
Nonsense post.... Where is the Amayanabo of Okrika.
Where is the Amayanabo of Ogoloma?
Re: Rivers State First Class Kings, Traditional Rulers (Photos) by iiiyyyk(m): 9:45pm On Oct 13, 2019
Amarabae:

Why all dis desperation to associate the Niger delta minorities with Igbo?
They are not Igbos pls.
Enough of all this unnecessary argument.
Thanks

cry louder.....
inside ur ekiti jungle ........

Egbema is in both Rivers state and Imo state, so which Egbema is Igbo and which is not? since you know eastern Nigeria more than every body

8 Likes

Re: Rivers State First Class Kings, Traditional Rulers (Photos) by Nobody: 9:48pm On Oct 13, 2019
JewelRegi:

Late please

Then update us on the recent one.
Re: Rivers State First Class Kings, Traditional Rulers (Photos) by Nobody: 9:51pm On Oct 13, 2019
Tekzyflex:
Nonsense post.... Where is the Amayanabo of Okrika.
Where is the Amayanabo of Ogoloma?

Are they first class, 2nd class or third class kings.

Or didn't you read the title of the thread.
Re: Rivers State First Class Kings, Traditional Rulers (Photos) by GeneralTopic: 10:25pm On Oct 13, 2019
Ctorch:
H. M. King Samuel Oluka Ejire
ONE-EH-ELEME X

He’s late, please op update
Re: Rivers State First Class Kings, Traditional Rulers (Photos) by pyro62(m): 11:23pm On Oct 13, 2019
The op does not know what a first class chief means.. How can you even call the chief of abonnema a first class chief?? He is not even called "AMAYENABO" sef.
He is just an AMADABO under the Amayenabo of Kalabari kingdom. That's just one out of the many errors you made.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State First Class Kings, Traditional Rulers (Photos) by okogbemyk(m): 11:29pm On Oct 13, 2019
If don't know history you should do well and ask or better do research.
I did my NYSC in ahoada west ekpeye kingdom and environ and i was opportuned to visit most of the villages during INEC voters registration exercises ,majority of the villages and town have their origins from Benin kingdom ,I was welcome like a long lost son when I introduced myself that am from Edo during my NYSC ,the chief told their ancestors are from the Benin kingdom and I should feel at home...I visited eze Robinson's Palace with my team then. Traditional title of the king ogbaland in omoku and environ is OBA too they have strong edoid origin.
meccuno:
dude,you always seen jumping from one thread always claiming what you don't understand. How are these people edoid for God's sake? What is the connection between rivers and Edo state. Can't you be proud of your people? You have nothing in common with these people your people are the Yorubas,itsekiri,and urohbo. Stop jumping from Edo to rivers. There is no connection
Re: Rivers State First Class Kings, Traditional Rulers (Photos) by anibi9674: 11:46pm On Oct 13, 2019
[quote author=clergyboy post=83108028]where is Ateke Tom[/quote 2nd class king
Re: Rivers State First Class Kings, Traditional Rulers (Photos) by Nobody: 11:48pm On Oct 13, 2019
LadySarah:
Can see Eze Eke.gbakagbaka of Woji area.The man has sold all has ancestral lands even to the drainagegrin grin grin

Even the front of his Obi has shops blocking it.I learn t his sons are giving him tough time.
This your comment made me laugh grin grin cheesy. Na so tins don red for the guy?

1 Like

Re: Rivers State First Class Kings, Traditional Rulers (Photos) by dave4rella(m): 11:51pm On Oct 13, 2019
I can sight my in-law there

1 Like

Re: Rivers State First Class Kings, Traditional Rulers (Photos) by meccuno: 12:41am On Oct 14, 2019
okogbemyk:
If don't know history you should do well and ask or better do research.
I did my NYSC in ahoada west ekpeye kingdom and environ and i was opportuned to visit most of the villages during INEC voters registration exercises ,majority of the villages and town have their origins from Benin kingdom ,I was welcome like a long lost son when I introduced myself that am from Edo during my NYSC ,the chief told their ancestors are from the Benin kingdom and I should feel at home...I visited eze Robinson's Palace with my team then. Traditional title of the king ogbaland in omoku and environ is OBA too they have strong edoid origin.
i served in Rivers and i lived i Rivers. during our orientation in Nonwa Tai LGA. the king of that area spoke to us an h said their origins could be trace to Edo state. i am not disputing the fact that there are edoid groups but my point in reference to the person i quoted i that the EZEs there are Igbos. whether they claim or not its inconsequential to me. most of you people who always say Igbos land grab (the reason why i responded to him because he is among the people who make false claims) Obigbo at the out skirts of Rivers actually belongs to Abia state. there was a court case during the time of Orji. That guy always wants to make the impression that there are no Igbos any where in the ss.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

An Encyclopedia Of Animals In Igbo Language / Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant / Ooni Ogunwusi Renames IPOB In Umuahia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.