Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,774 members, 7,802,379 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:17 PM

Fellow Introverts I Have A Question For You - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Fellow Introverts I Have A Question For You (615 Views)

Are Introverts Born Or Made? / My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? / Things Introverts Have Done To Avoid People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fellow Introverts I Have A Question For You by skultrick(m): 2:48pm On Oct 13, 2019
I want to ask a question about something that has been bothering me for a while now.

I don't know if this experience of mine is associated with my introverted nature, or something else which is why I've brought it here to know if anyone else is battling with same problem.

Okay, am the guy who's into web development and programming, and ideas are abound (thanks to my introverted nature). I make 6-figures monthly already from my properties online, I've well taught plans to increase this (at least 95% success rate), but the biggest problem I've experience now is that am too lazy to get working on this projects that need my attention.

So, my question to the house is, do you feel overwhelmed with the tasks ahead and prefer to lie down there browsing through the internet, sit down there thinking, reading that interesting story or perhaps find a way to while away time rather than get working on the job?

You only get the best from me when am challenged. I loose interest in everything easily, it has affected my relationship with my lady badly, academics and business.

Please is there any one else here dealing with commitment issues, have you been able to overcome it, and how did you go about it?

Thank you for your time and response.
Re: Fellow Introverts I Have A Question For You by Nobody: 3:02pm On Oct 13, 2019
Your problem has nothing to do with introverted nature. You procrastinate a lot and also loose interest in things. These are not peculiar to introverted people. Anyone could be you.

5 Likes

Re: Fellow Introverts I Have A Question For You by skultrick(m): 3:24pm On Oct 13, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
Your problem has nothing to do with introverted nature. You procrastinate a lot and also loose interest in things. These are not peculiar to introverted people. Anyone could be you.

Well for someone who has just 3friends,

someone who loves the solitary confinement lifestyle,

someone who's in his final year, yet only has 1friend in class and some coursemate pop the question " are you in this class",

someone who lives class first after lecture just so I don't get to talk to others,

someone who is nice to everyone, yet regarded by some ass**les as proud and arrogant,

someone who hardly talk to girls, meeting my current gf was a coincidental,

someone who spends days indoors without stepping out, my neighbors often ask "did you travel?"

I could go on and on. These are attributes of introversion, I guess.

Although, I know I've been procrastinating, but why do I procrastinate even when am so certain about the result. Moreover, I don't like wasting my time, am always so sure of success, before undertaking.
Re: Fellow Introverts I Have A Question For You by Nobody: 3:33pm On Oct 13, 2019
skultrick:

Well for someone who has just 3friends,

someone who loves the solitary confinement lifestyle,

someone who's in his final year, yet only has 1friend in class and some coursemate pop the question " are you in this class",

someone who lives class first after lecture just so I don't get to talk to others,

someone who is nice to everyone, yet regarded by some ass**les as proud and arrogant,

someone who hardly talk to girls, meeting my current gf was a coincidental,

someone who spends days indoors without stepping out, my neighbors often ask "did you travel?"

I could go on and on. These are attributes of introversion, I guess.

Although, I know I've been procrastinating, but why do I procrastinate even when am so certain about the result. Moreover, I don't like wasting my time, am always so sure of success, before undertaking.
Oga, I am worse off. At least, you have three friends. I don't have any in class. I have a bunch of acquaintants, I am usually one of the first to leave my lecture halls after classes. The good thing about introversion is the room for critical thinking. I think a lot. There are times I deliberately refuse to over analyze things.

About your question, you need to start doing things differently. Be deliberate. There lies your answers.

3 Likes

Re: Fellow Introverts I Have A Question For You by YoungBlackRico(m): 3:54pm On Oct 13, 2019
As long as I have the resources, I only take breaks.

1 Like

Re: Fellow Introverts I Have A Question For You by skultrick(m): 4:04pm On Oct 13, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
Oga, I am worse off. At least, you have three friends. I don't have any in class. I have a bunch of acquaintants, I am usually one of the first to leave my lecture halls after classes. The good thing about introversion is the room for critical thinking. I think a lot. There are times I deliberate refuse to over analyze things.

About your question, you need to start doing things differently. Be deliberate. There lies your answers.

Well you're right. But being an introvert, I would have appreciated it more if you'd laid emphasis on how committed you're taking on your tasks.

Anyway, thanks for your time.
Re: Fellow Introverts I Have A Question For You by skultrick(m): 4:05pm On Oct 13, 2019
YoungBlackRico:
As long as I have the resources, I only take breaks.

This here is golden, I'll apply it henceforth.

Thanks for the response.

1 Like

Re: Fellow Introverts I Have A Question For You by oglalasioux(m): 4:11pm On Oct 13, 2019
GrabHisBalls:

This guy is a real introvert. I can testify to that. Procrastination is the introvert's problem number 1. Next is the hurt to relationships. To even make or answer phone calls is a challenge. But when an introvert is challenged by a task, it's sink or swim.

1 Like

Re: Fellow Introverts I Have A Question For You by youngsahito(m): 4:46pm On Oct 13, 2019
skultrick:
I want to ask a question about something that has been bothering me for a while now.

I don't know if this experience of mine is associated with my introverted nature, or something else which is why I've brought it here to know if anyone else is battling with same problem.

Okay, am the guy who's into web development and programming, and ideas are abound (thanks to my introverted nature). I make 6-figures monthly already from my properties online, I've well taught plans to increase this (at least 95% success rate), but the biggest problem I've experience now is that am too lazy to get working on this projects that need my attention.

So, my question to the house is, do you feel overwhelmed with the tasks ahead and prefer to lie down there browsing through the internet, sit down there thinking, reading that interesting story or perhaps find a way to while away time rather than get working on the job?

You only get the best from me when am challenged. I loose interest in everything easily, it has affected my relationship with my lady badly, academics and business.

Please is there any one else here dealing with commitment issues, have you been able to overcome it, and how did you go about it?

Thank you for your time and response.

you need a partner to work inorder 4 u to have someone that will push u to work.
Re: Fellow Introverts I Have A Question For You by skultrick(m): 4:51pm On Oct 13, 2019
oglalasioux:

This guy is a real introvert. I can testify to that. Procrastination is the introvert's problem number 1. Next is the hurt to relationships. To even make or answer phone calls is a challenge. But when an introvert is challenged by a task, it's sink or swim.

Okay, looks like am not alone in this after all. It's quite baffling seeing your plans stagnant.
Re: Fellow Introverts I Have A Question For You by sunday478(m): 5:14pm On Oct 13, 2019
I experience virtually the same thing you mentioned up there. I have tried to get out of it severally but...

I am a freelance on fiverr, you need to see the extra efforts I put in to people's work. but my own ideas and projects peculiar too me. I usually procrastinate.

Hoping to learn a way out of this thing hear.
Re: Fellow Introverts I Have A Question For You by skultrick(m): 5:34pm On Oct 13, 2019
sunday478:
I experience virtually the same thing you mentioned up there. I have tried to get out of it severally but...

I am a freelance on fiverr, you need to see the extra efforts I put in to people's work. but my own ideas and projects peculiar too me. I usually procrastinate.

Hoping to learn a way out of this thing hear.

Good to see am not alone in this, someone had advised on this thread https://www.nairaland.com/1830091/introverts-lounge-extroverts-pls-keep/198 that while going out to work he became more motivated to take actions towards his plans.

Seems the too much loneliness could be a reason.
Re: Fellow Introverts I Have A Question For You by YoungBlackRico(m): 5:55pm On Oct 13, 2019
skultrick:

This here is golden, I'll apply it henceforth.
Thanks for the response.
You're welcome.
Re: Fellow Introverts I Have A Question For You by Themarkethere: 7:58pm On Oct 13, 2019
Yes too much loneliness is the reason, yes also it is an introvert thing. You loose interest easily because the first sight of failure reminds you of the past failures and then you quit because you are not ready for another heartache. As such you only want to lunch again when you are � sure it will work and that might take eternity consequently delay. But if you lunch into something and it works you stick on and give out of the world's best right?

An extrovert on the other side just lunch out without thinking about the pit falls, he only realised he should have thought about it first before after failure but he may have struck on success as well, also he forgets quickly and thus doesn't recall the last failure when he wants to repeat a challenge.

It is the singular reason most extroverts would make it big first before their introverted counterparts even though the introverted one hass the best methods.

Solution is to go out there and stuck it out there even if the comfort of your home calls you because that loneness that gives that comfort is the same prison wasting your years.

1 Like

Re: Fellow Introverts I Have A Question For You by skultrick(m): 8:59pm On Oct 13, 2019
Themarkethere:
Yes too much loneliness is the reason, yes also it is an introvert thing. You loose interest easily because the first sight of failure reminds you of the past failures and then you quit because you are not ready for another heartache. As such you only want to lunch again when you are � sure it will work and that might take eternity consequently delay. But if you lunch into something and it works you stick on and give out of the world's best right?

An extrovert on the other side just lunch out without thinking about the pit falls, he only realised he should have thought about it first before after failure but he may have struck on success as well, also he forgets quickly and thus doesn't recall the last failure when he wants to repeat a challenge.

It is the singular reason most extroverts would make it big first before their introverted counterparts even though the introverted one hass the best methods.

Solution is to go out there and stuck it out there even if the comfort of your home calls you because that loneness that gives that comfort is the same prison wasting your years.

You have a point, too much loneliness. And guess what, I find it extremely hard to go out, except necessity calls which is something am ready to challenge.

On the other hand, am so damn sure of success with the projects right in front of me, but procastination, lack of commitment delays everything. It's not just business, academically too, and even my relationship. I lost interest so easily, except it's a challenge with hard consequences as result of failure, that's only when I want to work.

Thanks anyway for your brilliant submission.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How The Maid Depot Helped Me!!! / Get Work, Get Sex! – Wife Tells Husband / You Want To Conceive A Boy, Then Read This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.