Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,728 members, 7,802,190 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:45 AM

Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) (50471 Views)

Seme Border: Ban On Vehicle Importation Still In Force - Customs / Coronavirus: 23 Nigerian Returnees Arrive Seme Border From Lome / Jubilation As African Migrants Enter Spain After Forcing Entry At Border. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by Commentor: 8:16pm On Oct 13, 2019
They way Nigerians cry you would think each of the 180 million Nigerians consume a bag of rice every month.

12 Likes

Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by DonEd(m): 8:25pm On Oct 13, 2019
Daviddson:
It's unfortunate the price escalation this land border closure has brought, but sorry what do you mean by stone rice? A lot of Nigerians are very illiterate when it comes to Nigerian rice. They don't know that the only stony rice are those not milled by machines. Go to the market and see different Nigerian-made rice - 50KG bagged and totally stone-free like every other foreign rice.

Too much grammar. Is it cheap for the masses to purchase?

1 Like

Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by Okoroawusa: 9:18pm On Oct 13, 2019
I LOVE PMB

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by Area4Area: 9:29pm On Oct 13, 2019
Wiseandtrue:

Lies as usual!!! There's famine in the land!!!

Can you answer me this simple question, maize is up to 20 million tonnes right Then why sell for N9000 as against the imported N5000 per bag undecided

Does it make sense to you I mean if manpower, resources and what have you is source locally, why the increase

N9000, with multiple taxes, N30,000 minimum wage

All these policies is only affecting the masses!!!

By the time Buhari is through with Nigeria, Abacha will be a child's play!!!
E dey pepper dem as e dey sweet us.
Don't go and start a rice or fish farm, be waiting for cheap stuffs from smugglers

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by Eteka1(m): 9:31pm On Oct 13, 2019
LOMBARDY:
Border closure that makes imported things cheaper and local one more expensive, is that one border closure?
Yes it is. The local ones will be more expensive at first because the supply chain is not yet fully developed. But soon based on the demand, new supply sources will be established to ever increasing numbers of local producers that were hitherto left without much patronage and then prices will begin to drop.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by Area4Area: 9:33pm On Oct 13, 2019
Beremx:
The price of a bag of rice is going to hit 50k by December. The idea of Nigeria producing rice is like the Army defeating Boko Haram. All na propaganda.

Buhari should as a matter of urgency open the borders if they cannot provide alternative to curb the high cost of rice.

Nonsense!!
This has always been my prayer, 50k for a bag of rice, let our farmers enjoy and let Benin Rep government and people suffer for trying to disrupt our economy

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by Area4Area: 9:35pm On Oct 13, 2019
Beremx:
Abeg go siddon!! As if the high cost of rice is not affecting you.

Nonsense and border closing. angry
It's affecting everyone but Nigeria can't afford the smuggling from Benin Rep any longer

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by Area4Area: 9:38pm On Oct 13, 2019
Daviddson:
It's unfortunate the price escalation this land border closure has brought, but sorry what do you mean by stone rice? A lot of Nigerians are very illiterate when it comes to Nigerian rice. They don't know that the only stony rice are those not milled by machines. Go to the market and see different Nigerian-made rice - 50KG bagged and totally stone-free like every other foreign rice.
Don't mind them, they know the truth and difference but all they want is to criticize the FG,

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by Area4Area: 9:45pm On Oct 13, 2019
peeps4u:

All these conferences and meetings of nations on one issue or the other are just mere formalities. That explains why many presidents come to climate change conferences in their private jets emitting several ozone depleting substances into the, speak on climate change only to leave the conferences with their jets.
Who are we deceiving?
Nothing in the ECOWAS protocol permits the smuggling and dumping of foreign goods from one member state to the other.
Benin Rep can export her home grown rice to Nigeria but is not supposed to import same from Asia only to dump it in Nigeria.
Let them eat the rice, remember that you can still import rice through our ports

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by Babaalata: 9:46pm On Oct 13, 2019
My concern is not of Rice in particular but for companies in Nigeria exporting their produce to neighbouring West African countries.
The border closure is really affecting the activities of these companies, they can't sell their goods and very soon, they'll begin to downsize thus adding to the already saturated labour market..

3 Likes

Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by Area4Area: 9:48pm On Oct 13, 2019
NwaliE01:
This is the pick of insensitivity. No palliative measure to cushion the shock on her citizens. Our minimum wage today cannot afford a bag of rice of over 20k. Border closure is not sustainable as it stand today.
Nigerians are dying and in a serious hunger.
......why smuggling through the border, why not import through our ports?

9 Likes

Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by kayusely70(m): 9:55pm On Oct 13, 2019
We should patronise made in Nigeria goods, products and services just as we last week solicited for patronage of Immason vehicles and other locally made ones.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by FarahAideed: 10:02pm On Oct 13, 2019
Wiseandtrue:

Can you answer me this simple question, maize is up to 20 million tonnes right Then why sell for N9000 as against the imported N5000 per bag undecided

Does it make sense to you I mean if manpower, resources and what have you is source locally, why the increase

Abacha is already child's play oo

2 Likes

Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by NwaliE01: 10:22pm On Oct 13, 2019
Area4Area:
......why smuggling through the border, why not import through our ports?
That's the work of the custom.i believe they stand a better chance to answer your question sir.

1 Like

Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by LOMBARDY(m): 11:01pm On Oct 13, 2019
Eteka1:
Yes it is. The local ones will be more expensive at first because the supply chain is not yet developed. But soon based on the demand, new supply sources will be established to ever increasing numbers of local producers that were hitherto left without much patronage and then prices will begin to drop.
I pray so
Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by BrutusOj(m): 11:08pm On Oct 13, 2019
sarrki:

You must sit down to properly learn and be grounded before thinking of standing to teach or perform with impact.

what are you implying? The Op made sense, you couldnt reason through the post and just dropped an incoherent post. You and your blind support for Buhari' govt. angry
Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by sarrki(m): 11:27pm On Oct 13, 2019
BrutusOj:
what are you implying? The Op made sense, you couldnt reason through the post and just dropped an incoherent post. You and your blind support for Buhari' govt. angry

The hang over never commot for your body?

Who is the op ?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by Area4Area: 11:33pm On Oct 13, 2019
NwaliE01:

That's the work of the custom.i believe they stand a better chance to answer your question sir.
It takes two to tango, the Benin Rep custom and government must do their part too and not just turning a blind eye because of the billions of dollars they make from tariffs

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by oyatz(m): 12:54am On Oct 14, 2019
When it comes to the issue of Nigerian rice,many citizens still assume it's the local rice of the 1980s that were milled manually.

Tens of Nigerian companies have invested billions of Naira on rice production in the last 5years.

Our local production has increased significantly (my family has been eating Nigerian rice for about 3 years now) and if we sustain the tempo, the production will eventually be more than the demand for rice and the prices will crash.

Daviddson:

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by allthingsgood: 12:55am On Oct 14, 2019
Wiseandtrue:

Your problem is lack of foresight. You are only considered about ur present status. So let me ask u, if u keep buying the cheap imported stuff how will u ever develop ur own Who will buy the ones ur farmers are producing My dear wake up! Either we move this country forward or we die here.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by allthingsgood: 12:57am On Oct 14, 2019
Babaalata:
My concern is not of Rice in particular but for companies in Nigeria exporting their produce to neighbouring West African countries.
The border closure is really affecting the activities of these companies, they can't sell their goods and very soon, they'll begin to downsize thus adding to the already saturated labour market..

Hogwash trash! Nigeria is the biggest market in Africa. Don't even go there. No company can ever complain of lack of customers pls

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by sarrki(m): 1:08am On Oct 14, 2019
allthingsgood:

Your problem is lack of foresight. You are only considered about ur present status. So let me ask u, if u keep buying the cheap imported stuff how will u ever develop ur own Who will buy the ones ur farmers are producing My dear wake up! Either we move this country forward or we die here.

You seems to be new on this forum

This are programmed enemies of the state robotic machine

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by allthingsgood: 1:12am On Oct 14, 2019
sarrki:

You seems to be new on this forum

This are programmed enemies of the state robotic machine

Old hater shut up dia

1 Like

Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by Luckysbab: 1:14am On Oct 14, 2019
Beremx:
if demanding for the most staple food in Nigeria to be readily available to the common man is not seeing any good in Nigeria, so be it. I won't stand with Sarrki as a suffering and smiling agent.

Please explain that agent part. Got me alert.
Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by achikolo(f): 1:27am On Oct 14, 2019
[s]
Commentor:
They way Nigerians cry you would think each of the 180 million Nigerians consume a bag of rice every month.
[/s]
Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by AbuMaryam1(m): 1:44am On Oct 14, 2019
I prefer to buy a bag of a local rice at any price. Wisdom is, I'm enriching my fellow countrymen. Take it or leave it Nigeria must strive.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by Babaalata: 6:17am On Oct 14, 2019
allthingsgood:

Hogwash trash! Nigeria is the biggest market in Africa. Don't even go there. No company can ever complain of lack of customers pls

Lool. Bros I'm not talking about private companies in Nigeria. Ask anybody in a multinational company around you
Unless you're saying, we should only have indigenous companies in Nigeria
Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by allthingsgood: 6:39am On Oct 14, 2019
Babaalata:

Lool. Bros I'm not talking about private companies in Nigeria. Ask anybody in a multinational company around you
Unless you're saying, we should only have indigenous companies in Nigeria

Abeg rest. Your analogy makes no sense. If they are multi-national, then they are in those countries u speak as well. Besides, our sea and airports are open for business. U must not use land

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by BrokenTV: 7:07am On Oct 14, 2019
sarrki:

You must sit down to properly learn and be grounded before thinking of standing to teach or perform with impact.

You are a serious goat what did she said that is not truth, you that is talking about thinking, have you ever make good use of your brain.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

18 Common Road Signs That Most Motorists In Nigeria Don’t Know Their Meanings / Ahmadu Chanchangi Is Dead (Chanchangi Airlines Chairman) / Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.