Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:34 AM

Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) (50488 Views)

Seme Border: Ban On Vehicle Importation Still In Force - Customs / Coronavirus: 23 Nigerian Returnees Arrive Seme Border From Lome / Jubilation As African Migrants Enter Spain After Forcing Entry At Border. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by GoldHorse(m): 3:22pm On Oct 14, 2019
Beremx:
but why should there still be stony rice in this 21st century? We can tolerate stones in beans because it can easily be picked out, but rice? Haba!! I love Nigerian rice, but when it is not readily available and too expensive nko?

This is one of the things this border closure will address.

Farmers will be able to sell the ones they produce. This will increase their capacity to produce more and better rice without stones.

A good example is the case of chinko phones then. That their phones will never sell in western countries by the way but they sold millions in Africa which gave them capacity to produce better ones.

I hope Nigerians can be patient enough for this to happen with our rice.

1 Like

Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by Yomboy4ever(m): 5:47pm On Oct 14, 2019
Daviddson:
It's unfortunate the price escalation this land-border closure has brought, but sorry what do you mean by stone rice?
A lot of Nigerians are very illiterate when it comes to Nigerian rice. They don't know that the only stony rice are those not milled by machines and which are sold by small scale farmers who can't afford milling machines. Go to the market and see different Nigerian-made rice - 50KG bagged and totally stone-free like every other foreign rice.

Umza, Mama Gold, Olam, Mama Africa, Mama's Pride, Mama Happy Rice, Labana, Elephant, Falcon, etc.

Thanks i appreciate will go for one of those u. Listed

1 Like

Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by adedehinbo(m): 9:18pm On Oct 14, 2019
LOMBARDY:
Border closure that makes imported things cheaper and local one more expensive, is that one border closure?
the prices will surely go down when more people are being encouraged to go into rice farmer nd brings more available products nd hereby bringing competitive market which willbin turn makes the prices crash

1 Like

Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by AbuMaryam1(m): 3:39am On Oct 15, 2019
teepain:

God bless you! You have a better understanding of the economic dynamics of this border closure than people who are fixated on pricing alone.

At least, when we patronize our local farmers and manufacturers, we will end up growing our economy.

Conversely, when we buy the smuggled products we shrink the economy; we cannot continue to haemorrage the economy of the country and expect any meaningful growth and development.

I learnt that one of the smuggling groups who specializes in rice buys about N500m worth of rice every week before the border closure and I was told that this is one of several groups (from the same source there are more than 20 groups - meaning that our economy loses at least N10billion weekly to smuggling of rice and it could be more if there are more than 20 smuggling groups even if we leave out individual smugglers).

Modified:
And I am thinking, how beneficial it would be if we could lock in the money expended on smuggling rice in Nigeria - at least we would be growing our economy by N10billion per week for preventing rice smuggling alone.

Ultimately farmers would smile to the bank, more people would be attracted to produce rice, our gdp and per capita income will witness positive changes, supply will grow and then prices will fall.

You are very right. Most of the people look at it within the context of few people that are going to lose it, rather than millions of Nigerians that are going to make it. From 1999 subsequent government invested substantial amount in agriculture yet there is nothing to show. This is simply because of our stand of playing big brother. People are importing at wish and will. Farming became non lucrative. Our farmers suffer and the government loses money. We can't keep doing same thing and expect different result. Take it, or leave it, the government has gotten it right on this. At least today foreign farm products will not be imported, by the time people start enjoying the positive impact. They will tell thank the govt. Only the lazy will cry.
Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by ekesoft(m): 2:29pm On Mar 18, 2020
Darkpal:

The free movement of goods is supposed to be for goods produced/manufactured within the ECOWAS sub region and not for goods imported into the sub region.
Sir please I sent you an email!! Please check your mail !!
Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by Darkpal: 5:16pm On Mar 18, 2020
ekesoft:

Sir please I sent you an email!! Please check your mail !!
Replied
Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by ekesoft(m): 5:36pm On Mar 18, 2020
Darkpal:
Replied
thanks
Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by fiyin198: 4:25pm On Oct 06, 2020
Yomboy4ever:

Thanks i appreciate will go for one of those u. Listed
I can supply you Elephant pride parbolied rice. If interested whatapp me 08094113177

Re: Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) by Yomboy4ever(m): 9:52am On Oct 07, 2020
fiyin198:

I can supply you Elephant pride parbolied rice. If interested whatapp me 08094113177

Where is this coming from? I am intrested if no rock rice, cos some Nigeria rice Don pass stone na rock..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

18 Common Road Signs That Most Motorists In Nigeria Don’t Know Their Meanings / Ahmadu Chanchangi Is Dead (Chanchangi Airlines Chairman) / This Is Abia State (recent Pics & Comments Made By Abians)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.