Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,772 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:20 PM

Please Help.. Step By Step Procedure To Board A Flight - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Please Help.. Step By Step Procedure To Board A Flight (1713 Views)

Is It Possible To Board A Plane With This Condition? / The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban / Man Trying To Board A Dubai Flight Without International Passport, Arrested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help.. Step By Step Procedure To Board A Flight by Gulher: 9:54pm On Oct 13, 2019
I'm travelling out of Nigeria for the first time. It is also my my first time of going to the airport. For those with the experience, please what are the procedures? Step by step. From dropping from the uber and entering the airport at Lagos, to the point I board the plane, all the checks and stops. Do they allow family members follow one into the airport? How many? Can i go with food and water? I'm nervous I no wan embarrass myself lol. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help.. Step By Step Procedure To Board A Flight by Gulher: 9:59pm On Oct 13, 2019
C.c.
Justwise
Re: Please Help.. Step By Step Procedure To Board A Flight by Nobody: 10:48pm On Oct 13, 2019
Gulher:
I'm travelling out of Nigeria for the first time. It is also my my first time of going to the airport. For those with the experience, please what are the procedures? Step by step. From dropping from the uber and entering the airport at Lagos, to the point I board the plane, all the checks and stops. Do they allow family members follow one into the airport? How many? Can i go with food and water? I'm nervous I no wan embarrass myself lol. cheesy

No be only food and water. Carry blanket and pillow, you know you'd feel dizzy. Then wear stockings, long one -so mosquito would not bite you. Carry torch should incase NEPA take light inside the plane so that you can see road.
Re: Please Help.. Step By Step Procedure To Board A Flight by Rexnegro(m): 12:22am On Oct 14, 2019
send me a mail bro
Re: Please Help.. Step By Step Procedure To Board A Flight by Gulher: 1:06am On Oct 14, 2019
NoGender:

No be only food and water. Carry blanket and pillow, you know you'd feel dizzy. Then wear stockings, long one -so mosquito would not bite you. Carry torch should incase NEPA take light inside the plane so that you can see road.

lol
Re: Please Help.. Step By Step Procedure To Board A Flight by Gulher: 1:06am On Oct 14, 2019
Rexnegro:
send me a mail bro
sent
Re: Please Help.. Step By Step Procedure To Board A Flight by Nobody: 1:42am On Oct 14, 2019
NoGender:

Nigeria is full of comedians. cheesy
Re: Please Help.. Step By Step Procedure To Board A Flight by ifegy: 5:51am On Oct 14, 2019
Gulher:

*This is generally applicable information; you may need to modify it for your circumstances. For instance, if it's a really small, local airport dealing with just a few flights a day, things may not be as strict or structured as in a bigger, busier airport.

-Go to the airline website and check in for your flight online ahead of time, today or early tomorrow, if you can-- will save you time at the airport and possibly save you from not getting on board, if the flight is overbooked

-Print out your boarding pass so you know your flight number, departure time, boarding gate, boarding time (note: different from/earlier than departure time!)

-Head to the airport early. Give yourself time to get there about a couple of hours before the flight, at least. You never know what might happen with traffic, or when you get there, especially since you haven't done this before

-Don't forget your passport/travel ID (since it's a local flight you might not need a passport)

-Head to the check in counter for your airline, at the airport; get a luggage tag for any luggage you're checking in (i.e., anything that's not hand luggage) and drop off the checked luggage there. Try not to over-pack your checked or hand luggage, or you might have issues with overweight luggage.

-Go through security. There should be signs directing you to where this is. Or just ask. You may have to take off shoes, coats, etc; so bear that in mind when dressing- wear stuff that's easy-on-easy-off

-No liquids or gels in your hand luggage unless they're really small (for international flights, at least; not sure if that applies to domestic)

-Keep a eye on your stuff as it passes through security (if it has to go through an x-ray machine, for instance); you want to make sure everything that goes in, comes out

-No metals in your pocket (keys, jewellery) in case you have to pass through a body scanner while passing through security. Metal will beep, and you may have to undergo another scan

-Find your gate. There is normally a counter around there. Sit close to that counter so you can see and hear clearly when boarding is announced-- the speaker system may not be optimal.

-If you think you'll be hungry, you can take stuff like snack bars, chocolate bars, granola bars (not sure if that's available there)-- basically, stuff like that is not likely to be confiscated. There may or may not be places to get food once you get past security (eg if the airport is really small). You'll have to get water once you get past security, though.

-Get on board (hopefully flight is not delayed). Put your hand luggage in the overhead bin or under the seat in front of you. Fasten your seat belt. Listen to the safety instructions. Enjoy the flight!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help.. Step By Step Procedure To Board A Flight by okirewaju(f): 6:11am On Oct 14, 2019
The comment above me makes sense
Re: Please Help.. Step By Step Procedure To Board A Flight by realestniggah: 6:17am On Oct 14, 2019
Gulher:

Goodluck.. I hope you don't get harassed by immigration.. But they likely will as a first time traveler. I suggest you old some extra cash to appease them.

Don't let them frustrate you because that their only job in most airport in Nigeria..
Re: Please Help.. Step By Step Procedure To Board A Flight by Gulher: 6:25am On Oct 14, 2019
realestniggah:

Goodluck.. I hope you don't get harassed by immigration.. But they likely will as a first time traveler. I suggest you old some extra cash to appease them.

Don't let them frustrate you because that their only job in most airport in Nigeria..
thanks bro.
Will my family be allowed into the airport without documents? I heard they don't allow people without flight to enter the airport anymore, is this true?
Re: Please Help.. Step By Step Procedure To Board A Flight by Gulher: 6:25am On Oct 14, 2019
ifegy:

*This is generally applicable information; you may need to modify it for your circumstances. For instance, if it's a really small, local airport dealing with just a few flights a day, things may not be as strict or structured as in a bigger, busier airport.

-Go to the airline website and check in for your flight online ahead of time, today or early tomorrow, if you can-- will save you time at the airport and possibly save you from not getting on board, if the flight is overbooked

-Print out your boarding pass so you know your flight number, departure time, boarding gate, boarding time (note: different from/earlier than departure time!)

-Head to the airport early. Give yourself time to get there about a couple of hours before the flight, at least. You never know what might happen with traffic, or when you get there, especially since you haven't done this before

-Don't forget your passport/travel ID (since it's a local flight you might not need a passport)

-Head to the check in counter for your airline, at the airport; get a luggage tag for any luggage you're checking in (i.e., anything that's not hand luggage) and drop off the checked luggage there. Try not to over-pack your checked or hand luggage, or you might have issues with overweight luggage.

-Go through security. There should be signs directing you to where this is. Or just ask. You may have to take off shoes, coats, etc; so bear that in mind when dressing- wear stuff that's easy-on-easy-off

-No liquids or gels in your hand luggage unless they're really small (for international flights, at least; not sure if that applies to domestic)

-Keep a eye on your stuff as it passes through security (if it has to go through an x-ray machine, for instance); you want to make sure everything that goes in, comes out

-No metals in your pocket (keys, jewellery) in case you have to pass through a body scanner while passing through security. Metal will beep, and you may have to undergo another scan

-Find your gate. There is normally a counter around there. Sit close to that counter so you can see and hear clearly when boarding is announced-- the speaker system may not be optimal.

-If you think you'll be hungry, you can take stuff like snack bars, chocolate bars, granola bars (not sure if that's available there)-- basically, stuff like that is not likely to be confiscated. There may or may not be places to get food once you get past security (eg if the airport is really small). You'll have to get water once you get past security, though.

-Get on board (hopefully flight is not delayed). Put your hand luggage in the overhead bin or under the seat in front of you. Fasten your seat belt. Listen to the safety instructions. Enjoy the flight!
thanks a lot. This is the step by step I needed

1 Like

Re: Please Help.. Step By Step Procedure To Board A Flight by realestniggah: 6:29am On Oct 14, 2019
Gulher:
thanks bro.
Will my family be allowed into the airport without documents? I heard they don't allow people without flight to enter the airport anymore, is this true?

I don't think they would be allowed beyond immigration control.. Sure they can come to the airport.. But won't follow you to your boarding gate.. After immigration say your Goodbyes to them. Then go to your boarding gate

1 Like

Re: Please Help.. Step By Step Procedure To Board A Flight by juliusocean(m): 8:24am On Oct 14, 2019

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Don't Share Their Travel Plans, Share Your Stories / Traffic Lights – What Does Amber Mean? / GRE Prep Materials For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.