Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,192 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:24 AM

Chinua Achebe Showing Off His Book 'Things Fall Apart' In 1960 (Throwback Photo) - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chinua Achebe Showing Off His Book 'Things Fall Apart' In 1960 (Throwback Photo) (42387 Views)

Chinua Achebe Signing A Copy Of His Book 'Anthills Of Savanna' (Throwback Photo) / A Nairalander Poses With Obaseki As Governor Endorses His Book (Photos) / 14 Quotes From 'Things Fall Apart' By Chinua Achebe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chinua Achebe Showing Off His Book 'Things Fall Apart' In 1960 (Throwback Photo) by Levi218(m): 10:22am On Oct 14, 2019
YorubaNinja:
As much as his pple's conducts don't justify his legacy, hardworks and struggles... nevertheless, from the most reputable part of the country, SW... we Omoluabis hereby show our utmost respect!

Long live his legacy! cool
Bobo I baptize you with sense in Jesus name amen.

2 Likes

Re: Chinua Achebe Showing Off His Book 'Things Fall Apart' In 1960 (Throwback Photo) by achikolo(f): 10:26am On Oct 14, 2019
[s]
YorubaNinja:

What you know is what you know... you can't know what you don't know.

I can see you're languishing in the dungeon of 'formal' English grammar. grin
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Chinua Achebe Showing Off His Book 'Things Fall Apart' In 1960 (Throwback Photo) by mujibson(m): 10:39am On Oct 14, 2019
YorubaNinja:
As much as his pple's conducts don't justify his legacy, hardworks and struggles... nevertheless, from the most reputable part of the country, SW... we Omoluabis hereby show our utmost respect!

Long live his legacy! cool
You've said nothing but the truth... Don't mind their bitterness... Truth they say is bitter..

3 Likes

Re: Chinua Achebe Showing Off His Book 'Things Fall Apart' In 1960 (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 10:46am On Oct 14, 2019
jacksonkennedy:
what do you mean his people's conducts don't justify his legacy blah blah blah. Just pay your respects and move on.
Mind you the Igbos have always been the number one supporters of our people. They have invested heavily in our lands, supported our political ambitions in 2003, never fought us and have always stood for positive change in Nigeria.
I don't know where you base but when you come abroad and accept help from an Igbo in your trial period, then you will know just how stupid your bigotry here is.
Your type is rare , with you Nigeria and her people can be hopeful.

3 Likes

Re: Chinua Achebe Showing Off His Book 'Things Fall Apart' In 1960 (Throwback Photo) by Advocatmsani(m): 10:46am On Oct 14, 2019
The most respected Igbo man of all-time. I love his write-ups. even in his last book, There was a Country, he always see things from different perspective. #Respect to the emiretus professor .

2 Likes

Re: Chinua Achebe Showing Off His Book 'Things Fall Apart' In 1960 (Throwback Photo) by Clinghton: 11:02am On Oct 14, 2019
How I wish I had the opportunity to learn at his feet, #mylegend

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chinua Achebe Showing Off His Book 'Things Fall Apart' In 1960 (Throwback Photo) by themanderon: 11:17am On Oct 14, 2019
Almost 60yrs later that book is still making waves all around the world. Great man.

3 Likes

Re: Chinua Achebe Showing Off His Book 'Things Fall Apart' In 1960 (Throwback Photo) by Praktikals(m): 11:22am On Oct 14, 2019
Rebuke:

Yhu see, we have problem with unenlightened mind like yhu.

Honestly, only a fool like yhu will make statements such as these.

I have been betrayed and defrauded more by some Yorubas yet I will never come to say Yorubas are fraudsters or whatever.

I still live and do business with the Yorubas and I have enjoyed so much loyalties and everything good from them than I have from my own people.

Yhu idiots should travel and be enlightened than sit yhur ass down somewhere and making silly comments. Stop all these fallacies.

Stop generalising. Don't be so slow.

Mad man, how are you sure the people that defrauded you are not your fellow ndigbos. You and I know that Igbos and crime are like Siamese trins

3 Likes

Re: Chinua Achebe Showing Off His Book 'Things Fall Apart' In 1960 (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 11:40am On Oct 14, 2019
tillaman:
This man makes me admire the Igbo tribe, bundle of talents
Great man!!
I’ll read that book over and over anyday
Anytime
that explained your joblesness

1 Like

Re: Chinua Achebe Showing Off His Book 'Things Fall Apart' In 1960 (Throwback Photo) by Makuos19: 11:41am On Oct 14, 2019
Haters Will Still Hate!!!
grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Chinua Achebe Showing Off His Book 'Things Fall Apart' In 1960 (Throwback Photo) by mabea: 11:46am On Oct 14, 2019
madridsta007:

My father, my father!

Legend!
Hmm this guy still dey
Re: Chinua Achebe Showing Off His Book 'Things Fall Apart' In 1960 (Throwback Photo) by ukaface(f): 1:03pm On Oct 14, 2019
Prompto:
Is that how foolish Igbos pay their respect n move when the discussion is on Wole Soyinka ? What foolish iGbo invested in your foolish father's land n what foolish ambition did they support in 2003 ?! In fact how can anyone be amazingly foolish as you have chosen to be ?

Your father are bigger bigots than Hitler himself, you can ask the foolish dead brain Azikwe who couldn't tell who holds power in a parliamentary govt btw the president n prime minister or the foolish Ojukwu that wasted 2 million of his tribesmen foolish enough to heed his steps.

Funny how 2 irredeemable bigoted eboes are fucqing themselves thinking they are fooling anyone.

Funny how people from this bigoted tribe are the ones demanding for respect. We never talk finish they are already displaying the bigotry n hate their parent nurtured them with from childhood to the extend their tribe carved a section of it own people "!OSU" so they can be hated.

What a pathetic lot.

Isn't that what your tribesmen do daily on NL ? Went tru your post n I don't see you wailing to have them stop such abi only the foolish people from your tribe owns the right to making bigoted remarks ?!
you better have pity on yourself,pity your folks and loved ones too.
This hate fit do you more than strong thing.
You don't need all these venom

Just.......breathe,breathe, breathe......

2 Likes

Re: Chinua Achebe Showing Off His Book 'Things Fall Apart' In 1960 (Throwback Photo) by Rebuke: 1:08pm On Oct 14, 2019
Praktikals:

Mad man, how are you sure the people that defrauded you are not your fellow ndigbos. You and I know that Igbos and crime are like Siamese trins

Slowpoke, yhu are even denser than I had imagined.

It's even shameful replying someone with a very low mental faculty like yhu.

Yhu are too slow to engage me. Please get lost, yhu low life.

This will be the last time yhu'll ever have the honour of being mentioned by me.
Re: Chinua Achebe Showing Off His Book 'Things Fall Apart' In 1960 (Throwback Photo) by Prompto: 1:10pm On Oct 14, 2019
I am in shock cos this is coming from a bigot that was nurtured with nothing but chronic hate m irredeemable bigotry from the womb. Na today I de see foolish igbos open senseless thread insulting Soyinka Awo Tinubu n co with provocation ? Ask pachukuddie77 the biggest igbo bigot of them all. CC Farahaided or whatever foolish thing that one chose as moniker.

meccuno:
you harbour all these in your heart at this age. Then you call the people who you despise. Haters. These comments of yours were unwarranted because no one abused or insulted Yorubas but you decided to express your hate filled bitterness. What has the post up there about Achebe got to do with your personal hate filled bitterness? How a human being can move with this envy and bitterness beats my imagination. I pray whatever evil or thoughts you have for these people who have done you no harm shall be returned back to you in ten folds. That is the law of karma

1 Like

Re: Chinua Achebe Showing Off His Book 'Things Fall Apart' In 1960 (Throwback Photo) by Prompto: 1:13pm On Oct 14, 2019
He should have included how one bigoted Igbo tribe did not want a bishop from another tribe close by to lead their church. A tribe that nurture their offspring from bitj with chronic hate n irredeemable bigotry they accuse the noble Yoruba race of bigotry.

What height of foolishness will one not encounter on NL.

jacksonkennedy:
this nonsense you wrote here is so childish. I hope you expand your obviously narrow mind
Is your problem with them actually that they are disunited or everything about them piss you off? Choose one.
blowjohn post=83118526:

2 Likes

Re: Chinua Achebe Showing Off His Book 'Things Fall Apart' In 1960 (Throwback Photo) by Prompto: 1:21pm On Oct 14, 2019
MrGerald:
there's no Igbo, born of Igbo that'll ever regret his/her heritage, in fact Igbos are the most proud of their heritage, or which tribe you expect Igboman to choose over Igbo? your hatred towards them will only damage you while they keep moving on.
no one will be damaged for hating Igbo because Igbos hate more than any other tribe in the universe. You can ask the Osy in their midst, n find out why only Igbo lament they are hate by Arabs Ikwerre Hausa Fulani Yoruba Malaysians Singaporean Chinese etc

Nwaonyishi69:
The highest and best human brain that God in his love and Mercy gave to Africa to carry their voice. Diamonds last forever. That is the eagle on the iroko.
The eagle in your village, this clown is of no repute in Africa or beyond, maybe in hell sha I can't say.

babajero:
just by reading your post and the picture you posted, it will be easily concluded that yorubas are nothing else but a complete joke as a people.
coming from a tribe that nurtures it offspring from the womb with irredeemable hate n chronic bigotry I'd rather pass.

1 Like

Re: Chinua Achebe Showing Off His Book 'Things Fall Apart' In 1960 (Throwback Photo) by Burger01(m): 1:27pm On Oct 14, 2019
Mutemenot:
When things has not even fallen apart tongue I wish he's alive to see how things has jaja now
Fact.. smiley
Re: Chinua Achebe Showing Off His Book 'Things Fall Apart' In 1960 (Throwback Photo) by Gee64: 1:50pm On Oct 14, 2019
A story-teller like no other.
A talent unequal.
Take global survey or do other tasks online and be paid in dollars.
See my signature below for link if interested.
Re: Chinua Achebe Showing Off His Book 'Things Fall Apart' In 1960 (Throwback Photo) by tillaman(m): 2:38pm On Oct 14, 2019
aminu114:
that explained your joblesness
talking about joblessness grin if am jobless what would you tag a secondary school dropout like yourself who masturbates 6-7 times daily!! You need help boy
Re: Chinua Achebe Showing Off His Book 'Things Fall Apart' In 1960 (Throwback Photo) by mindtricks: 3:52pm On Oct 14, 2019
Good old days when such talents were pride of youthfulness, unlike today that flimsy stuff as BBNaija, soapy dance and Co are now the pride of youth.
Re: Chinua Achebe Showing Off His Book 'Things Fall Apart' In 1960 (Throwback Photo) by mindtricks: 3:56pm On Oct 14, 2019
Prompto:
If foolish Igbo insult centuries ago pls be ready for payback even after a millennium. Foolish Igbo do not own the monopoly to insult a tribe. That aside Igbo open thread daily on NL to insult Tinubu Buhari etc so this didn't happen 10 years ago so Igbo deserve all the insult it get. I am yet to see where Igbo properties are destroyed or I recommended ?! But that insult hate n bigotry you igbos dish must be paid on kind even if it take light years from now

[s][/s]
If you return abuse for abuse on a public forum like this, then you and the one you respond to do have a long way to go.
Re: Chinua Achebe Showing Off His Book 'Things Fall Apart' In 1960 (Throwback Photo) by mindtricks: 3:57pm On Oct 14, 2019
meccuno:
grin I laugh at your stupidity. If I have ever opened a thread insulting Yorubas then whatever you call me I accept. Truthfully,I don't have that time. If you know me in person I don't malign any tribe but I will not keep quiet when my tribe is insulted. The only business I have with Yorubas is that I live amongst them. You must be crazy to think that because I am neutral in tribal issues that I would come early in the morning and Igbos which I am one would be Insulted. Be that as it may,the person you are supporting had no justification to start abusing Igbos without provocation speaks more about your mental sanity as one who is educated. Because an Igbo insulted you ten years ago does not mean you would wake up one morning from your miserable life to start destroying properties owned by Igbo people. Apply the wisdom your parents taught you but if they didn't use an app.

Hmm. Abusive words?
Re: Chinua Achebe Showing Off His Book 'Things Fall Apart' In 1960 (Throwback Photo) by MrGerald(m): 8:26pm On Oct 14, 2019
Prompto:
no one will be damaged for hating Igbo because Igbos hate more than any other tribe in the universe. You can ask the Osy in their midst, n find out why only Igbo lament they are hate by Arabs Ikwerre Hausa Fulani Yoruba Malaysians Singaporean Chinese etc

The eagle in your village, this clown is of no repute in Africa or beyond, maybe in hell sha I can't say.

coming from a tribe that nurtures it offspring from the womb with irredeemable hate n chronic bigotry I'd rather pass.
In your myopic thinking right? I think you're still a kid growing up.
Re: Chinua Achebe Showing Off His Book 'Things Fall Apart' In 1960 (Throwback Photo) by babajero(m): 9:21pm On Oct 14, 2019
Prompto:

We don't hate humanity, rather we hate backwardness, stagnation and suffer which yorubas and hausas enjoys.
Re: Chinua Achebe Showing Off His Book 'Things Fall Apart' In 1960 (Throwback Photo) by blowjohn(m): 9:49am On Oct 15, 2019
Prompto:
He should have included how one bigoted Igbo tribe did not want a bishop from another tribe close by to lead their church. A tribe that nurture their offspring from bitj with chronic hate n irredeemable bigotry they accuse the noble Yoruba race of bigotry.

What height of foolishness will one not encounter on NL.

I remember the story well. The Pope had to come into the rift. It was that bad. I think it was in IMO state. A certain priest was sent down and the community there refused to acknowledge him citing tribal reasons.
Re: Chinua Achebe Showing Off His Book 'Things Fall Apart' In 1960 (Throwback Photo) by blowjohn(m): 9:51am On Oct 15, 2019
jacksonkennedy:
this nonsense you wrote here is so childish. I hope you expand your obviously narrow mind
Is your problem with them actually that they are disunited or everything about them piss you off? Choose one

I don't know why ur angry o. I told u what happened. If u like u can chew on live wire basket u sabi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie And Husband, Ivara Esege At Stanel World Awka. Pictures / It Started With A Look (18+) / Top Ten Grammatical Blunders Made By Patience Jonathan.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.