Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,097 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:02 PM

119 Nigerians On Death Row In Malaysia, Says Amnesty International - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 119 Nigerians On Death Row In Malaysia, Says Amnesty International (18409 Views)

Death Row In-mates Pay Money, Sodomize Others At Kirikiri - FIJ / Policeman, Olalere Michael, Kills Lover & Himself After Row In Kwara / 23 Nigerians On Death Row In Saudi Arabia (Full Names) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 119 Nigerians On Death Row In Malaysia, Says Amnesty International by Nobody: 2:57pm On Oct 14, 2019
No one wants to work the ladder anymore, everyone wants it now now now...
Re: 119 Nigerians On Death Row In Malaysia, Says Amnesty International by TheDestroyer: 2:57pm On Oct 14, 2019
I sure say na developers name go full the list, someone needs to remind these people that South east Asia and Middle East is a no go area for their stupid drug trade.

3 Likes

Re: 119 Nigerians On Death Row In Malaysia, Says Amnesty International by IronGalaxy: 2:57pm On Oct 14, 2019
Watch them pass the buck....

"It's because Malaysians are jealous and lazy"

" They are xenophobic"

3 Likes

Re: 119 Nigerians On Death Row In Malaysia, Says Amnesty International by FA13(m): 3:00pm On Oct 14, 2019
NaijaOlosho:
grin
Na waooo

119 Nigerians

60 Afonjas

40 Igbo's

19 Hausa Fulani's

You dont know what u are saying

118 we know them. Greedy people
1 from any other tribe.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 119 Nigerians On Death Row In Malaysia, Says Amnesty International by Ndibunna: 3:01pm On Oct 14, 2019
94 Yahoo criminals arrested in osogbo should be offered as sacrifice to join them on death tow for execution.

1 Like

Re: 119 Nigerians On Death Row In Malaysia, Says Amnesty International by Banjoramos(m): 3:01pm On Oct 14, 2019

1 Like

Re: 119 Nigerians On Death Row In Malaysia, Says Amnesty International by Nobody: 3:02pm On Oct 14, 2019
helinues:
And 80% are from one region?

Say no to marginalization

Re: 119 Nigerians On Death Row In Malaysia, Says Amnesty International by ZombieTAMER: 3:02pm On Oct 14, 2019
FamousMonk:
Kill them..
We care not.

What if some are innocent

Just guilty by association?
Re: 119 Nigerians On Death Row In Malaysia, Says Amnesty International by NaijaOlosho(f): 3:02pm On Oct 14, 2019
FA13:

You dont know what u are saying

118 we know them
1 from any other tribe.

grin

U mean 118 from S/W?
Re: 119 Nigerians On Death Row In Malaysia, Says Amnesty International by Belteshazzar1: 3:04pm On Oct 14, 2019
Nija no dey carry last grin
Re: 119 Nigerians On Death Row In Malaysia, Says Amnesty International by mysticwarrior(m): 3:05pm On Oct 14, 2019
Nbotee:
If dey did d crime den let dem do d time..
that country does not give drug related offenders time, its a death penalty.

1 Like

Re: 119 Nigerians On Death Row In Malaysia, Says Amnesty International by Hassan05(m): 3:05pm On Oct 14, 2019
God save our country from both internal and external judgemental experiences.

Link up through my signature whatsapp link to get started or promote your brand or biz via your Instagram account. We render all Instagram promotional services for your brand and also open for training interested folks. Back to work jare
Re: 119 Nigerians On Death Row In Malaysia, Says Amnesty International by Raeynique: 3:08pm On Oct 14, 2019
NaijaOlosho:

grin

U mean 118 from S/W?
S/W = I...
You know whatsup

1 Like

Re: 119 Nigerians On Death Row In Malaysia, Says Amnesty International by mercyviv(f): 3:08pm On Oct 14, 2019
We should have similar laws to deter drug trafficking!
Meanwhile...
Are you a teacher?
Get FREE access to the best compilation of school lesson notes/plans, curriculum and exams. Visit my signature for details...
Re: 119 Nigerians On Death Row In Malaysia, Says Amnesty International by Sanchez01: 3:11pm On Oct 14, 2019
Emyogalanya:
When will Buhari interVene or is he only good at doing so in Saudi arabia?
Intervene, you say? Because he sent them to push drugs?

3 Likes

Re: 119 Nigerians On Death Row In Malaysia, Says Amnesty International by Ningi2020(m): 3:11pm On Oct 14, 2019
sinola:

So they should also kill the ones in Saudi prisons too... I guess those ones will matter to you... Old scumbag
And why do you care about those that commit crimes in the Saudis.. We are talking about Malaysia scumbag
Re: 119 Nigerians On Death Row In Malaysia, Says Amnesty International by Raeynique: 3:14pm On Oct 14, 2019
Nbotee:
If dey did d crime den let dem do d time..
Lol no space in jail..and the death penalty is not a new thing we all know that's the punishment in that country, we know 33 countries with death penalty for drug offenses, buh they still went ahead and did it...so why change the law now ? Cos the number is high and we're feeling sentimental ?....no time anything, if it's proven fairly that they committed the crime ...then stake em.. it's their business
Re: 119 Nigerians On Death Row In Malaysia, Says Amnesty International by wink2015(m): 3:15pm On Oct 14, 2019
akelicious:
Amnesty International (AI) has identified 119 Nigerians among a total of 1,281 persons sentenced to death in Malaysia. AI gave the figure in its report titled, “Fatally flawed: Why Malaysia must abolish the death penalty.”

It said the 1,281 death row inmates were being kept in 26 detention facilities across Malaysia. In Malaysia, 33 offences are punished with a death sentence.

The AI report said the 119 Nigerians were convicted of hard drug-related offences. “As of 22 February 2019, 1,281 people were under sentence of death in Malaysia, held in 26 detention facilities across the country.

A startling 44 per cent (568) of all those under sentence of death were foreign nationals, from 43 countries.

“Nationals from Nigeria made up 21 per cent of this group, with those from Indonesia (16 per cent), Iran (15 per cent), India (10 per cent), Philippines (eight per cent) and Thailand (six per cent) following suit.

“A significant 73 per cent of all those under sentence of death have been convicted of drug trafficking under Section 39(b) of the Dangerous of Drugs Act, 1952 — an extremely high figure for an offence that does not even meet the threshold of the ‘most serious crimes’ under international law and standards and for which the death penalty must not be imposed,” AI said in the report.

In its report, Amnesty documented many violations of international human rights law and standards associated with the use of the death penalty in Malaysia.

“Our research found a pattern of unfair trials and secretive hangings that itself spoke volumes. From allegations of torture and other ill-treatment to an opaque pardons process, it’s clear the death penalty is a stain on Malaysia’s criminal justice system,” said Shamini Darshni Kaliemuthu, Executive Director of Amnesty International Malaysia.

In July 2018, the Malaysian government established a moratorium on executions, a temporary prohibition that means the convicts won’t have their sentences carried out.

Even though the government previously committed to full abolition of the death penalty, it is expected to soon table legislation in the Malaysian Parliament that’ll remove the mandatory death penalty for only 11 offences.

Amnesty called on the government to completely abolish the death penalty for all crimes and review all cases where people have been sentenced to death, with a view to commuting the sentences.

https://punchng.com/119-nigerians-on-death-row-in-malaysia-ai/

Greed for quick wealth is putting their lives in great risk.

Their families back home will be in pain over this sad news.
Re: 119 Nigerians On Death Row In Malaysia, Says Amnesty International by Raeynique: 3:17pm On Oct 14, 2019
Sanchez01:

Intervene, you say? Because he sent them to push drugs?
Help me ask him oo XD
Re: 119 Nigerians On Death Row In Malaysia, Says Amnesty International by Nobody: 3:18pm On Oct 14, 2019
Slawormir:

You are not a real niggarrr

We are not that good in crime

Americans, Brazilians and Chinese are better when it comes to crime
But you don't see them wishing their selves " kill them we care not"
And their Media always conceal news about their involvement in crime

Right now my aza in America is owned by an American
And he picks it steadily

Who asked you about aza? You keep complaining that our media don't conceal bad news whereas you dey here dey cast yourself. What's the difference between you and those thst run the media?
Re: 119 Nigerians On Death Row In Malaysia, Says Amnesty International by sofiscatedmoron: 3:19pm On Oct 14, 2019
afonja doing us proud in Malaysia

Re: 119 Nigerians On Death Row In Malaysia, Says Amnesty International by Newmans: 3:20pm On Oct 14, 2019
Anyone on death row any where is no longer a Nigeria consider them as foreigners
Re: 119 Nigerians On Death Row In Malaysia, Says Amnesty International by Raeynique: 3:21pm On Oct 14, 2019
sofiscatedmoron:
afonja doing us proud in Malaysia
Better mor0n XD
Re: 119 Nigerians On Death Row In Malaysia, Says Amnesty International by FA13(m): 3:22pm On Oct 14, 2019
NaijaOlosho:

grin

U mean 118 from S/W?
Lol.
They will soon release the names.

You will see your brothers name full there. Chukwu....

1 Like

Re: 119 Nigerians On Death Row In Malaysia, Says Amnesty International by enemyofprogress: 3:23pm On Oct 14, 2019
119 Nigerians Biafrans On Death Row In Malaysia, Says Amnesty International
Re: 119 Nigerians On Death Row In Malaysia, Says Amnesty International by drakeli: 3:36pm On Oct 14, 2019
I almost deny I was a Nigerian yesterday at church because of messed behaviors like this that destroy the name of the country.

At church yesterday, a white friend I met for the first time asked me, “where are you from?”. I answered, “Africa”. He yelled back and said there are many countries in Africa. I then answered, “I’m from the greatest country in Africa “. He looked at me and yelled back at me , “Nigeria?”. And I said Yes! We both bust into laughter.

Why did he think Nigeria is the greatest? I hope he didn’t mean greatest in con, drug and fraud
Re: 119 Nigerians On Death Row In Malaysia, Says Amnesty International by Nobody: 3:40pm On Oct 14, 2019
Slawormir:

You are not a real niggarrr

We are not that good in crime

Americans, Brazilians and Chinese are better when it comes to crime
But you don't see them wishing their selves " kill them we care not"
And their Media always conceal news about their involvement in crime

Right now my aza in America is owned by an American
And he picks it steadily

Real niggars don't cast themselves
Re: 119 Nigerians On Death Row In Malaysia, Says Amnesty International by kurlz(f): 3:52pm On Oct 14, 2019
They can't ask be guilty. I have a strong conviction and I'm so sure of that.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Sex Workers Want Trade Legalised / Lagos Task Force Seizes 150 Motorcycles, Arrests Passengers / Kogi Operation Lion Roar Arrests Criminals (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.