Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,836 members, 7,802,675 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:38 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 - Travel (111) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 (1325817 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (747) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Kaygirl33: 9:26am On Nov 08, 2019
kingurchz:
People of God i have a question. URGENT!!

I am the PA and don't want to fill in my spouse's Work history so he will not need to get a reference from his former work place. Can i just mention his work experiences in the "personal history" section? Will this suffice and not be seen as "Misrepresenataion"?

Please help o.
You've just answered your question @ bold.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Victorex001(m): 9:32am On Nov 08, 2019
Kaygirl33:

The amount of cash you're being paid does not matter. What matters is the authenticity of the documents you're submitting. Whether you're paid 10k or 100k monthly, it doesn't matter.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ednut1(m): 9:39am On Nov 08, 2019
Kaygirl33:

The amount of cash you're being paid does not matter. What matters is the authenticity of the documents you're submitting. Whether you're paid 10k or 100k monthly, it doesn't matter.
it matters. You cannot claim to be paid huge sums in cash it will be thrown out. As they know our nigerian laws as regard cash.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ednut1(m): 9:40am On Nov 08, 2019
Victorex001:

Fraud? Pls explain Ma.

I plan on u

Thanks.
this is funny. Are you going there to actually work or have him pay you for a non existent work. Seems 5 year ban dey hungry u

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Victorex001(m): 9:58am On Nov 08, 2019
ednut1:
this is funny. Are you going there to actually work or have him pay you for a non existent work. Seems 5 year ban dey hungry u

I have a few commitments that won’t allow me stay put working, I run a Keke transport business, I have keke napeps I put on higher purchase which I earn weekly from my riders.

I spoke to his Manager about it, he owns a Nafdac affiliated Laboratory and he’ll be if help to me in anyway possible and feasible.

I earn about 110k monthly after feeding and bills from my Keke napep riders

But I just need a good standard of living, I can have my Mom handle the business becos I think every Nigerian should look towards having dual citizenship atleast as back-up before thinking of settling in Nigeria for good.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Victorex001(m): 9:59am On Nov 08, 2019
ednut1:
it matters. You cannot claim to be paid huge sums in cash it will be thrown out. As they know our nigerian laws as regard cash.

Insightful...if I front a monthly salary of 80-100k would that be reasonable?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Erigo23: 10:06am On Nov 08, 2019
Victorex001:

Insightful...if I front a monthly salary of 80-100k would that be reasonable?

Dude...you can’t be talking about sketchy stuff like this and expect people to give u advice. Everyone is using scope to tell u to stop asking sketchy questions but you have decided to carry shovel and even started digging ur own grave asking more and more sketchy things. Pls desist from such before they ban you from here.

34 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by nice2: 10:07am On Nov 08, 2019
Long post o

Hallelujah!!! It's ielts victory. People who ace it in their first attempt wont understand this joy. I just have to share my testimony here cos God used the people here to make it possible for me.

I joined this thread in part 4 but I read all through from part 1 and thereafter took nairaland as my daily read. To everyone that has made this thread valuable, I say thank you. I learn most of the information I have now from here.

1st test, BC: July 2018 LRWS 8.5/6.5/7/7.5
Spouse,BC: July 2018 8/7/6.5/8.

2nd test, BC: Sept 2018 7.5/6.5/6.5/7. Here, I thought my village people were at work cos I couldnt finish both listening and reading and right there at the exam hall, I knew I had failed.

3rd test, BC: Nov.2018 8.5/7.5/6.5/7.5. Then I knew I have to face this monster called writing. More surprising to me was that all I knew about writing, i didn't know in my first attempt and i passed.

4th test, MOD: Dec.2018 8.5/8/6/8. With this, I realised I needed help in writing. A 6 in writing with MOD made me feel BC was better. I had to voice out here and wasseynewest (I call him my boss and he's so selfless) sprung into action to help me immediately. He linked me with some people here, Tutor Seyi, Flourisher, Jenni, T bunny, Busayo and himself, and we had several sessions via phone free of charge. I also got some advise here to prepare more and to remark writing but it came back unchanged. Tutor Katya also helped me assess some essays. I cant thank you all enough. I gave myself about 6 months to prepare for another one. Along the line, my boss got his PPR and I lost connection with him after a month but he left me in the hands of Tutor Jenni.

Ielts is all about strategies. Some, tutor will tell you and some, you need to discover how to tackle it yourself during practise. I read like I was in for my phd. My house was full of practise questions I'd printed out. I breathe and sleep thinking about ielts daily.

5th test, BC: June 2019 7.5/9/6.5/7.5. I was devastated. I cry everytime I failed the test as it was draining me. Kept me on hold for months. I couldnt do all I needed to do cos I just want to get this test off my mind. Tutor Jenni told me to brace up and face the challenge. I reconnected with wasseynewest and he will call me to encourage and share his experience with me. All I learnt from Jay, Liz and ieltsadvantage failed me. Then I felt I needed to use another online tutor. I cant be doing the same thing over and over again and expect a new result. I promised myself never to tell any one again when I register for the test cos I was tired of telling them my failures.

Then I stumbled on Johnny Bravo's post and testimonies of how he coached some people and they passed so I decided to give his coaching a try immediately I saw the result. I booked for one week cos I felt since I was close to a 7, I just needed a simple strategy to pass writing. He opened my eyes to what is expected of me and was so detailed. I'm glad I could go through your teaching. Thank you so much Johnnybravo.

After the session, I kept on reading on my own to perfect all the modules. Then someone introduced me to a telegram group. There are ielts guru there too. One of them advised many who are stuck at 6.5 in writing to use another approach different from the popular tutors we all know. Examiners like Pauline Cullen and Vanessa Jakeman. I searched for their e books and read extensively. I also learnt a lot from the essays they assess freely in the group. Along the line, wasseynewest came through for me again. He posted a free coaching for october test takers and we had many session everyday. I was very happy, at least, for someone like him to assess my essays. He and several tutors helped a great deal and now the result.

6th attempt, MOD: October 2019 8.5/7/7.5/7. I felt I was dreaming. So the struggle is all over. People who wrote the test that day will know how tough the section 3 of the reading test was challenging. I had my fear after the test but I laid them all at Gods feet. I give Him all the glory for this achievement.

To everyone still in this journey, I will say like many have been saying, please dont give up. To everyone that helped me, I cant thank you enough. Pls dont mind my typo errors, ielts is over.

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Victorex001(m): 10:18am On Nov 08, 2019
Erigo23:

Dude...you can’t be talking about sketchy stuff like this and expect people to give u advice. Everyone is using scope to tell u to stop asking sketchy questions but you have decided to carry shovel and even started digging ur own grave asking more and more sketchy things. Pls desist from such before they ban you from here.

Chief! Calm down pls, I just clarified that the company is owned by an Uncle who’s ready to give me all support and documents to back it up.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by REBEKITAB123: 10:24am On Nov 08, 2019
Good morning all,@ Teddyblaze please can u help me with info as regards Iqas. I registered with Iqas on the 1st of Oct. And requested for transcript on the 4th of October. The transcript (LLB)was delivered on the 15th of oct. 2019 but till now I've not seen any update on my portal. On my portal it's still showing 1st of october. I'm worried. Plz help [quote author=Teddyblaze post=83808501]
IELTS - LRWS -8,9,7,8
ECA - IQAS (LLB Masters Equivalent)
ITA - APRIL 17
AOR - MAY 18
CRS - 475
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Favouredhands: 10:24am On Nov 08, 2019
You don't seem to be getting what everyone is telling you. Alright then go ahead as you already know what to do. All the best Sa

Victorex001:

Chief! Calm down pls, I just clarified that the company is owned by an Uncle who’s ready to give me all support and documents to back it up.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by kingkhalil: 10:27am On Nov 08, 2019
Don't worry about that. You won't receive an update for months and it is nothing.

REBEKITAB123:
Good morning all,@ Teddyblaze please can u help me with info as regards Iqas. I registered with Iqas on the 1st of Oct. And requested for transcript on the 4th of October. The transcript (LLB)was delivered on the 15th of oct. 2019 but till now I've not seen any update on my portal. On my portal it's still showing 1st of october. I'm worried. Plz help
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by slushy: 10:29am On Nov 08, 2019
What is wrong with you!!! They’re trying to tell you to desist from using fake work experience and you’re saying calm down. Did you work for your uncle for the 3 years? Are you currently working for your uncle? If you run a Keke business you’re essentially self employed. Why not use that one for experience?
Note that when you fake the work experience with your uncle, it might result in had I known of “5 years ban”
You all make everything hard. Mtchew.
Victorex001:

24 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Pwinkle1(f): 10:43am On Nov 08, 2019
kingurchz:
People of God i have a question. URGENT!!

I am the PA and don't want to fill in my spouse's Work history so he will not need to get a reference from his former work place. Can i just mention his work experiences in the "personal history" section? Will this suffice and not be seen as "Misrepresenataion"?

Please help o.
If his work experience does not give you any points, then yes just put everything in the personal history.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ify2016: 10:48am On Nov 08, 2019
Help please!! I wanted to order for a transcript and got this info. Please help,o don't want to make a mistake.

Enter the recipient's information:

Receiving Institutions *

Ref Number (Ex. WES Ref or Application Ref No) *

Recipient Name *

Attention *

Address 1 *

Address 2

Country *

State *

Town *

Postal Code *

This field is required.
Phone Number *

Fax

Accepts Electronic Delivery *

Email Address *

Enter additional information:
Transcript Purpose *
All fields marked with (*) are mandatory.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Haysamo: 10:57am On Nov 08, 2019
I know that work experience needs not be in the same field as course of study, but I need a little clarification. Do job experience has to meet the educational requirements for the right NOC? For example, those that teach during their NYSC, but doesn't have their degree/diploma in education. Can such person choose the NOC that has bachelor in education has its educational requirement?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by mitche15: 11:15am On Nov 08, 2019
elohim24:

It's usually by electronic mail but you have to pay, in ABU I paid 18,500 just to reply mail o... it is necessary you have eye on ground to ensure the right thing will be done. Naija schools can be very frustrating. Follow them up and leave nothing to chance. All the best

wow, Thank you... 18,500 that's a lot oh. Thanks again
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Victorex001(m): 11:16am On Nov 08, 2019
slushy:
What is wrong with you!!! They’re trying to tell you to desist from using fake work experience and you’re saying calm down. Did you work for your uncle for the 3 years? Are you currently working for your uncle? If you run a Keke business you’re essentially self employed. Why not use that one for experience?
Note that when you fake the work experience with your uncle, it might result in had I known of “5 years ban”
You all make everything hard. Mtchew.

I never knew you can apply as Self employed, I only thought one has to be working to apply for Canada Express.
So you mean I can apply as self employed individual?

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Josephhh: 11:17am On Nov 08, 2019
Your work experience does not necessary need to match up with your course of study, just make sure your work experience is stated on the required NOC, and I think your NYSC teaching experience can work perfectly.

Haysamo:
I know that work experience needs not be in the same field as course of study, but I need a little clarification. Do job experience has to meet the educational requirements for the right NOC? For example, those that teach during their NYSC, but doesn't have their degree/diploma in education. Can such person choose the NOC that has bachelor in education has its educational requirement?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by DexterousOne(m): 11:25am On Nov 08, 2019
ednut1:

I'm waiting for your ppr story o
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ednut1(m): 11:31am On Nov 08, 2019
Victorex001:

I have a few commitments that

But I just need a good standard of living, I can have my Mom handle the business becos I think every Nigerian should look towards having dual citizenship atleast as back-up before thinking of settling in Nigeria for good.
keke self na self employed na. Transport manager noc 0731 its valid if you can package it well. The keke was bought in your name, you also get returns you have local govt permits and all. So why not

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by jamesbellu: 11:33am On Nov 08, 2019
PPR is here finally!!

AVO
ITA Aug 2018
AOR Sept 11 2018
Medical passed Sept 30 2018

Long wait ....

ADR April 2019
ADR responded to May 2019

Numerous follow ups,emails to Ralph etc

Two days ago we escalated to Ottawa.

Here were are PPR early this morning 8th November 2019.

All glory to God�

55 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by twixx(f): 11:40am On Nov 08, 2019
Good morning everyone,

First, i'll start by apologizing for adding to the numerous questions on this thread, believe me the last thing i want to be is a pain to anyone.

I just need clarification on this, please bare in mind that i have already checked page 1 and went on to check using the search bar, However, the search results i got are different from what i saw on the CIC website (Please see screenshot below).

So my question is, would having an aunt who is a Canadian citizen boost my CRS score or is the relatives section limited to siblings?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by magd: 11:43am On Nov 08, 2019
Congratulations
jamesbellu:
PPR is here finally!!

AVO
ITA Aug 2018
AOR Sept 11 2018

Long wait ....

ADR April 2019

All glory to God�
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by bankyh1905(m): 11:56am On Nov 08, 2019
Congratulations on being delivered from AVO, after a year and 2 months! shocked
I guess the long wait is the reason we're getting such a short script. Anyway, you score 3/10.
Go forth and prosper in your new home.

jamesbellu:
PPR is here finally!!
AVO
ITA Aug 2018
AOR Sept 11 2018
All glory to God�

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Erigo23: 12:01pm On Nov 08, 2019
REBEKITAB123:
Good morning all,@ Teddyblaze please can u help me with info as regards Iqas. I registered with Iqas on the 1st of Oct. And requested for transcript on the 4th of October. The transcript (LLB)was delivered on the 15th of oct. 2019 but till now I've not seen any update on my portal. On my portal it's still showing 1st of october. I'm worried. Plz help

You won’t hear from them till a month after they will tell you they’ve received it and then the 4 months wait begins
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 12:02pm On Nov 08, 2019
Congratulations!!!

jamesbellu:
PPR is here finally!!

AVO
ITA Aug 2018
AOR Sept 11 2018

Long wait ....

ADR April 2019

All glory to God�

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Debodeon: 12:08pm On Nov 08, 2019
Please I need help.
My immediate previous employer refused to issue out reference letter to me because she has issue with my mode of resignation.
Please how do I go about this,as this is delaying me entering the pool.

ladymarshall:
Welcome to Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program Thread - Part 9

SISTER THREADS

cc: @justwise, @Topsmamen @stencil

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Erigo23: 12:10pm On Nov 08, 2019
jamesbellu:
PPR is here finally!!

AVO
ITA Aug 2018
AOR Sept 11 2018

Long wait ....

ADR April 2019

All glory to God�

Guy give us full gist na wink
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by 2grozz: 12:11pm On Nov 08, 2019
Top of the day to everyone.
Biko is there a WhatsApp group for november AOR?
I'd like to be added or the link sent.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 12:17pm On Nov 08, 2019
AVO looks like they are waking up.

Father Lord God, complete the work you have started for your 'shildren'...

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (747)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.