Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,663 members, 7,801,919 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:50 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 - Travel (180) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 (1325502 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) ... (747) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 10:08am On Dec 04, 2019
capri2019:
People of God!!!! Is this the famous ghost update? Note that "medical passed" was updated since August and I checked the profile today to find this.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Thecannylady(f): 10:10am On Dec 04, 2019
Good morning people. We are hoping to get ITA in the next draw with a CRS score of 476. When can we do medicals and which hospital is the most preferred one at the moment? We are in Ibadan so I know we have to travel to do it in Lagos. I will appreciate your responses. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ednut1(m): 10:11am On Dec 04, 2019
ojsamuel:

Indians have so colonised this EE that Nigerians have also started giving IELTS. grin
hahahahahahahah. Indians no go kill person with i gave, should i go for revaluation, how many lacs is your gift deed grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 10:19am On Dec 04, 2019
And shifting grin

They are always 'shifting' from one country to another

ednut1:
hahahahahahahah. Indians no go kill person with i gave, should i go for revaluation, how many lacs is your gift deed grin

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by slydog(m): 10:20am On Dec 04, 2019
Whats up with this new system update.
I created my profile July 2 this year, now my minimum entry criteria is 11 November 2019
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by COPR2020: 10:37am On Dec 04, 2019
slydog:
I created my profile July 2 this year, now my minimum entry criteria is 11 November 2019

I dont understand what you mean by minimum entry criteria, can you expatiate please?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by didislash: 10:42am On Dec 04, 2019
ayandee:
my husband did. It took almost a month

OMG! cry
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by slydog(m): 10:42am On Dec 04, 2019
COPR2020:

I dont understand what you mean by minimum entry criteria, can you expatiate please?

That's what's on the cic profile for all candidates now, there are now two dates, date profile was created and date minimum entry criteria was met , I think that's a new development
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by didislash: 10:43am On Dec 04, 2019
Mariesio:

like 10 working days

Ok..thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by COPR2020: 10:49am On Dec 04, 2019
slydog:

That's what's on the cic profile for all candidates now, there are now two dates, date profile was created and date minimum entry criteria was met , I think that's a new development
You are right
Just saw mine too

I believe they are yanking off fake accounts

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Pwinkle1(f): 10:51am On Dec 04, 2019
Thecannylady:
Good morning people. We are hoping to get ITA in the next draw with a CRS score of 476. When can we do medicals and which hospital is the most preferred one at the moment? We are in Ibadan so I know we have to travel to do it in Lagos. I will appreciate your responses. Thank you.
Hello, your CRS point seems rather high, so you have a high probability of clinching ITA in the next draw, congratulobia!

It is usually advised to do medicals post-ITA, but you can take the risk and do it before.

For medicals, the options are IOM or Qlife, you can do a google search to get their email address/phone number to book an appointment on same.

There isn't any preferred one per say, the difference is on cost/waiting time, depending on how urgent you'd like to get it done.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Heartduchess: 10:54am On Dec 04, 2019
Just want to confirm if you have gotten this sorted out. I am just seeing this. Please PM me if you still need assistance.
ananne:
Good morning guys.. Congratulations to all those who got their PPRs and ITAs today.

Please do you know anyone who works with dangote cement Lagos who had gotten reference letter from HR?

Was it a seamless process. Did they give the letter willingly or one has to beg and explain things..
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Influential101: 10:59am On Dec 04, 2019
slydog:
did you update your profile with any qualification or whatsoever that impacted your score on the 11th?

I'm just guessing as I have no idea wht you're seeing looks like..
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by joselekas(m): 11:16am On Dec 04, 2019
ojsamuel:

Indians have so colonised this EE that Nigerians have also started giving IELTS. grin

I have been seeing loads of "I gave .... " on the internet and I am lost. Like is this a new way of speaking or what?

Is it their (Indians) way of speaking?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by joselekas(m): 11:28am On Dec 04, 2019
Hello good people.

I submitted EE application and got admitted into the system yesterday. However, I was not sent the "Job Seeker Validation Code". I need it to apply for the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program.

When will I get the code? Can I just put a number - as the field is not validated - and submit the application? What do you guys suggest I do?

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by chanceux: 11:34am On Dec 04, 2019
joselekas:

I have been seeing loads of "I gave .... " on the internet and I am lost. Like is this a new way of speaking or what?

LMAO So, whenever I'm reading up some things online and I come across it, I'll always correct it in my mind. At some point, I started questioning my grammar when I saw the frequency in peoples' posts. In my mind I was like "All these people can't be wrong" looool
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ojsamuel(m): 11:37am On Dec 04, 2019
slydog:
Do you have ITA already? I'm even seeing Dec 3 2019 on mine. What I believe it means is that "as at this date, you meet the minimum entry requirement" which is why I asked if you received ITA already.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ojsamuel(m): 11:49am On Dec 04, 2019
joselekas:

I think it's their native way of speaking English. Just like our own Yoruba English... do exam

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by joselekas(m): 11:59am On Dec 04, 2019
chanceux:
LMAO So, whenever I'm reading up some things online and I come across it, I'll always correct it in my mind. At some point, I started questioning my grammar when I saw the frequency in peoples' posts. In my mind I was like "All these people can't be wrong" looool

Same here. And to think some of them posted an impressive IELTS score. Imagine someone with 9988 saying "I gave ...". You are immediately tempted to add that to your vocab. May God help us.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ans123: 12:06pm On Dec 04, 2019
DISCLAIMER: THIS PPR STORY IS FOR ABYEJECKS

My Ppr Timeline
PPR : December 4th
ITA: June 26th
Aor: July 5
Adr(schedule A): July 31
Mep/Bil: August 6(wedding anniversary)
Bil completed: Aug 9
Long silence
I raised cse Sept to find out Vo and a week later response came Ottawa.
Another silence till early November I raised cse for eligibility status and response came that background verifications is in progress and eligibility in progress. Nothing about security. I relaxed.
Ppr came in early this morning by 5am.
Relocation Story
I first heard about Canada Pr in October 2018 when my hubby's colleague disclosed to my hubby that a mutual friend had just moved. Unknowingly to us, she has been writing Ielts without telling hubby. I decided to research and found out another family friend had just completed her pebc report and never told me. She introduced me to nairaland. I joined in part 5. I was a silent reader. I studied nairaland like novel. I started preparing for Ielts.
November 2018, we did passport for my son and mine was to be renewed and changed to hubby's name. It was very stressful thanks to Immigration. Finally, it was ready early January 2019.
We did evaluation with Ices. Hubby's school Unn was fast within 2weeks sent his transcript. Unilag was stressful and finally sent my masters transcript in April after 2months delay. We wrote Ielts together March 12 2019 computer based with BC
Myself(pa) L8.5 R8.5 W7 S7.5
Hubby(spouse) L7 R9 W6.5 S7
Hubby's Eca report came out in April. Miraculously my Eca report came out in June.
We created profile on June 17.
We got ITA June 26th with 475 at cut off 462
We booked medicals for July 4 with Qlife. Did PCC 3rd July.
Paid upfront fees both processing and rprf.
Work experience
3yrs plus as a secondary school teacher. Noc 4031. Put hubby's work in his personal history.
I submitted employment letter, Reference letter from nairaland, ID card and payslips. I indicated I was paid in cash on the reference letter.
Proof of funds
We did a fixed deposit in our joint acct and used hubby's pension letter and statement of account for buffer in case of exchange rate. We wrote an loe breaking proof of funds down. The second loe was to explain the name change in my ID card as the date was reissued due to name change.
Then the long wait.
Finally, ppr has landed. A big shout out to Nairaland. I learnt everything here.
P.s Justwise banned me from nairaland so simeone else has to post my ppr story.
Ppr will come for everyone waiting. Thank you all for the support.

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by PwityMiwa: 12:17pm On Dec 04, 2019
Hello Guys,

Please it has passed my Estimated Completion date that WES gave me still nothing on the platform, is this common, what should i do? I have sent them a mail but we all know it takes forever to get across to them.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Thecannylady(f): 12:19pm On Dec 04, 2019
Pwinkle1:

Hello, your CRS point seems rather high, so you have a high probability of clinching ITA in the next draw, congratulobia!

It is usually advised to do medicals post-ITA, but you can take the risk and do it before.

For medicals, the options are IOM or Qlife, you can do a google search to get their email address/phone number to book an appointment on same.

There isn't any preferred one per say, the difference is on cost/waiting time, depending on how urgent you'd like to get it done.

Thank you very much.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by slushy: 12:22pm On Dec 04, 2019
You’re giving up either wait time or money. You choose your demon. You can do medicals when you get an ITA (I think it’s not possible to do pre-ita anymore as the clinics ask for your ITA before booking) Contact Qlife or IOM. Choose the one that favors you based on the date they’ll give you and/or the cheaper option.
Thecannylady:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by kingkhalil: 12:24pm On Dec 04, 2019
Heard IQAS has stopped evaluating for New customers until May 22. What are Lawyers going to do now?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Erigo23: 12:45pm On Dec 04, 2019
kingkhalil:
Heard IQAS has stopped evaluating for New customers until May 22. What are Lawyers going to do now?

Get law school transcript add LLB to WES for 2 or more degrees I guess
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Thecannylady(f): 1:05pm On Dec 04, 2019
slushy:
You’re giving up either wait time or money. You choose your demon. You can do medicals when you get an ITA (I think it’s not possible to do pre-ita anymore as the clinics ask for your ITA before booking) Contact Qlife or IOM. Choose the one that favors you based on the date they’ll give you and/or the cheaper option.

Thank you. I got information about Qlife online but no working phone number for IOM. Which of them is faster please and does anyone have the phone number to contact for IOM booking if I choose to use them?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Pwinkle1(f): 1:38pm On Dec 04, 2019
Thecannylady:

Thank you. I got information about Qlife online but no working phone number for IOM. Which of them is faster please and does anyone have the phone number to contact for IOM booking if I choose to use them?
HYG! oh and generally IOM is faster in terms of appointment availability, but more expensive obviously lol

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by cinammon(f): 1:53pm On Dec 04, 2019
For the sake of those on the journey of clinching two certificates or more. I called the NACETEM Lagos Centre and apparently they are currently taking in applications for the next session commencing in January. Thank me later lol.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Thecannylady(f): 2:21pm On Dec 04, 2019
Pwinkle1:

HYG!

You're such a darling!�
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by bankyh1905(m): 2:40pm On Dec 04, 2019
@Abychick: Congratulations once again to you, your husband and your little man grin
It feels so good to celebrate a member of my July AOR group (the second person to get PPR), someone I met on the day we went to give our biometrics. On this journey, we've been each other's confidant during "the wait" and I'm glad that you've reached this milestone. smiley
Given that you supplied basic info and a few pointers on documentation, you score 7/10.
Go forth and prosper in the maple leaf country.

PS: The rest of us on the group are right behind you. wink

ans123:
DISCLAIMER: THIS PPR STORY IS FOR ABYCHICK
Aor: July 5
PPR : December 4th

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by mobenjackson(m): 2:46pm On Dec 04, 2019
Saskbound:
I just sent you a mail , I can give you the contact of the staff who assisted in the records office . I don’t know if he is still there but no harm in giving him a call and asking

Boss!!! pls i need your help on this. i sent a PM
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by PwityMiwa: 2:49pm On Dec 04, 2019
Please help
PwityMiwa:
Hello Guys,

Please it has passed my Estimated Completion date that WES gave me still nothing on the platform, is this common, what should i do? I have sent them a mail but we all know it takes forever to get across to them.

(1) (2) (3) ... (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) ... (747)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.