Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:14 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 - Travel (189) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 (1328767 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) ... (747) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by AuntyKoko: 7:26am On Dec 07, 2019
Please don't be discouraged. The cut off could drop or a province could nominate you. Put in the hard work now, so that when the opportunity comes, you'll be ready. Patience is one virtue that is very essential in this journey.
Queenmaker:

Congratulations.
Though I fell somewhat discouraged because of the high cut off mark, about 471. How can one make such high score without relatives in Canada? #sigh#
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by bankyh1905(m): 7:34am On Dec 07, 2019
Congratulations to you and yours. Thank you for sharing your timeline with us. You score 7/10. Go forth and prosper in the maple leaf country. Cheers!
DrAngie:
Drum roll please....�����
It’s PPR!!!
AOR June 10, 2019 (didn’t pay RPRF upfront, wanted to get the request so I’ll know there’s some progress)
Lo and behold my people, it was the Ready for visa mail!!! Came in at 11.03pm. It came just a few days shy from the 6th month mark.
It has indeed ended in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by CanadianBae: 8:31am On Dec 07, 2019
Congratulations!!!
DrAngie:
It’s PPR!!!
Very silent reader of this Canada Express Entry forum. My first ever post here was just a few days before I received the Ready for Visa mail.
I’ve always had it in mind to leave Nigeria one day for the abroad. While I was still in university, I had researched migration to various countries including Australia and Canada, however I preferred Canada, Australia to me is just too far. Lol

This is the first ‘serious’ visa we would be applying for, the only travel history we have is Dubai.
This has been one of our major prayer points for a while now

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by MissyVee007: 8:39am On Dec 07, 2019
Eraytee:
So I decided to give ielts one more shot just to max out but it was a disappointment, just checked my result.

Previous attempt- 8,7,7,7.5 LRWS (july 27th)
Current result- 8,7,7.5,9 LRWS (23rd November).

I leave it in Gods hand, it will end in praise. Congratulations .

Hi Eraytee, sorry to hear this. It surely will end in praise, Amen.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Fidesa: 8:59am On Dec 07, 2019
Hello House,

Please my passport is less than 5months to expiry and I commenced renewal two weeks ago and picked up the new passport yesterday. Same yesterday I got PPR mail.
Now my question is, which passport will I submit? Is it the new one or both
Please anyone who has been in this situation should advise on what to do urgently thanks.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by blissnenye: 9:09am On Dec 07, 2019
My brother there's no giving up on this journey like you said. I just admire your positive attitude.The beautiful thing is that writing has been surmounted. The listening shall as well be obedient to you in your next and final attempt.

alwayspositive8:
Saw my Nov 23rd result today...LRWS - 6.5,8,7,7...Though some people will feel like why is this guy sharing testimony since i haven't gotten the desired score. For my Listening , the result was quite expected cos i knew i lost focus during the exam which was caused by my being overconfident prior to the exam having passed with 8.5 and 8.0 in previous attempt so i didn't really practise much as my focus was on writing.

However, one thing i will take from this result is that i got my writing and now am so confident that i can never fail that module again(subject to practise ooo lol). I really need to give kudos to @blissnenye. She is a great tutor,very patient and has empathy. In fact during my first two session with her, i already had the confidence that am going to pass the writing module as she was straight to the point and her teaching methods are easy to understand.

My advise is that for those having issues with writing feel free to contact her and you will have no regret. While at that, please pay equal attention to other modules.

In all, there is no giving up on this journey. Hence, we go again. There will surely be light at the end of the tunnel.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Debsify: 9:13am On Dec 07, 2019
DrAngie:
It’s PPR!!!
Very silent reader of this Canada Express Entry
This has been one of our major prayer points for a while now
Congrats to you and yours

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Goodnigga: 9:29am On Dec 07, 2019
Eraytee:
So I decided to give ielts one more shot just to max out but it was a disappointment, just checked my result.

Previous attempt- 8,7,7,7.5 LRWS (july 27th)
Current result- 8,7,7.5,9 LRWS (23rd November).

I leave it in Gods hand, it will end in praise. Congratulations to everyone who have scaled the huddle of ielts and to those that are yet to get the required score. Don’t give up.

PS: the above November result was my 9th attempt.
what's your target CRS score? Why don't you write TEF too na?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by liveandletlive3: 9:48am On Dec 07, 2019
liveandletlive3:
Hello House, good tidings to you.
I have a simple question, has anyone considered doing a short diploma in a local federal school to boost CRS Score ie 2 or more degrees/diplomas? For those with only a B.Sc?
Considering an IT diploma in Unilag (Human resource development centre) for 6 months and it seems like a good idea. Pls advice

Guys?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by LecturerIFE: 10:06am On Dec 07, 2019
bankyh1905:
I don't get it, I thought only LadyMarshall can do the editing since she did the posting. Anyway, the linking isn't a challenge, I can do it if I have access.

Since you have a post on page 1, you can do it. But given that your PPR is very near, can you keep up with it after PPR?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Sashafiercediva: 10:35am On Dec 07, 2019
Good morning. A friend of mine got nomination for Nova Scotia Pnp.Please does Nova Scotia accept deed of gift for POF?, cos she just wants to get the funds.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by usmee(m): 11:33am On Dec 07, 2019
Good day everyone.

I was lucky to get LRSW: 8,8.5,8,7 after that 3rd attempt. My score on CRS is 475

However I have a question regarding POF. If I am getting the funds from my dad alongside a gift deed. How long does the money have to be in my account before printing a bank statement? Am I required to wait for 6months bank statement before starting the process?

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ednut1(m): 12:13pm On Dec 07, 2019
usmee:
Good day everyone.

I was lucky to get LRSW: 8,8.5,8,7 after that 3rd attempt. My score on CRS is 475

However I have a question regarding POF. If I am getting the funds from my dad alongside a gift deed. How long does the money have to be in my account before printing a bank statement? Am I required to wait for 6months bank statement before starting the process?
6 months not applicable to gift deed. Congrats on your ita this week grin

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by usmee(m): 12:20pm On Dec 07, 2019
Thank you sir �
ednut1:
6 months not applicable to gift deed. Congrats on your ita this week grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ednut1(m): 12:24pm On Dec 07, 2019
liveandletlive3:

Guys?
if you dont want to be frustrated and delayed by 9ja factor. Go for bcs or cima foundation.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by BNTtech: 12:42pm On Dec 07, 2019
liveandletlive3:

Guys?

For most people, it's either the BCS' Certificate in IT or CIMA. But since you mentioned an IT diploma in Unilag, you might wanna do the BCS exam (as it seems you have an interest in IT already). Next exam is in March, result will be out June/July. And the perk? I believe your evaluation will be faster than if you had decided to do Unilag's course.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Ibukune(m): 12:53pm On Dec 07, 2019
Pls i need the contact of anyone who can arrange transcript for me in unijos. Pls
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by kpnick: 1:49pm On Dec 07, 2019
My July Aor ppl, I just saw a ghost update on my profile, I think I smell PPR in the air. Well, fingers crossed.

16 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by BloodOrange: 1:57pm On Dec 07, 2019
Pixful:
For pharmacists in the house who used PEBC evaluating body, please, are the evaluating exam, and qualifying examination done here in nija, or in Canada after you've gotten a PPR? I don't seem to locate this piece of info anywhere.

In CANADA after ECA and registration.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by bankyh1905(m): 2:45pm On Dec 07, 2019
LecturerIFE:

Since you have a post on page 1, you can do it. That works tooBut given that your PPR is very near, can you keep up with it after PPR? Right. I'll commit to it as long as I can and then someone else can take over. Thanks for the kind wish.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by NeneSisi: 2:47pm On Dec 07, 2019
Hello Fellow Nairalanders,

I am glad to say it's PPR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am super thankful, especially as this journey tested both faith and resilience.

[/b]CRS[b] - 465
[/b]IELTS BC[b] - [/b]LRWS[b] 9/8/6.5/8.5
[/b]WES[b] - 18th September 2018
[/b]IELTS[b] - [/b]LRWS[b] 9/8.5/7/8 https://www.nairaland.com/4843199/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/211#73950437
[/b]ITA 1[b] - Jan 10 2019
[/b]MEDICALS Q-LIFE[b] - Feb 19 2019
[/b]ITA 2[b] - Around 23rd March 2019
AOR[b] - May 13 2019
[/b]ADR 1[b] - Schedule A June 19
[/b]REQUEST FOR BIOMETRICS[b] - June 25
[/b]ADR 2[b] - RPRF July 4
[/b]REFUSAL LETTER[b] - November 20
[/b]INFORMATION LETTER[b] - November 30
[/b]READY FOR VISA MAIL AKA PPR[b] - December 3rd

I had shared the shorter version with the OVO Whatsapp group on the 3rd of December {and may have mixed up some details as I was floating on a cloud around town that day} and it's been a roller-coaster since then as we have very limited time to move.
[/b]WES[b] was easy breezy as I evaluated a foreign MSc and it took 20 working days then. My first IELTS was with BC and that writing didn't surprise me too much. Please use the link above to read on my IELTS journey. My spouse also wrote his and we got some points from that.

We had to decline the first ITA just some hours to the deadline because for some reason my spouse didn't just take this immigration thing serious. I remember other posters here talking about their husbands and I could relate. lol. Few hours to go at about 2200HRS, he came to ask me how long we had left to submit so he could get the necessary documents from the bank. Fam, I just told him to log in and decline the ITA himself and went to sleep.
Thankfully, at that time scores were still fair so we got another ITA 2weeks after. This time he took it seriously.

We didn't call nor raise CSE until 3rd month to know VO = Ottawa. okay, fine.
Everything seemed alright, however, I'd get drawn to the placeholders for [/b]Proof of sibling relationship[b] and [/b]Proof of sibling PR[b], majorly because the [/i]information dropdown listed similar, if not the same documents as options to upload[i]. Since I had followed instructions, I felt no shaking. We expected golden mail but it was not coming.

Cut to 6 days after the 6month deadline we sent an email CSE to ask for updates on application. We even wrote to ask if we need to submit additional information like it would help them make a decision. A day after, I got a mail that application had been updated. I was happy, I thought ghost update. as we know this was sometimes a precursor to the main mail. unfortunately, when I logged into our profile I saw [/b][/i][/s]REFUSED[b][i][s]. My hands began to shake. I called my husband over and it was such a disheartening moment. Immediately I read through to see why we were refused and lo, it was that [/i]I hadn't submitted enough to support my claim of having a sibling and nothing to show that we had same [/b]father[b][i]. omo!!!!!!!!!!

I got my sibling on the phone and we began to look through the documents together and realised that she'd always used a 'Declaration of Age' in place of a birth certificate as it was missing. This means that, although it was a legal tender, it was insufficient as it did not contain what for it, our dad's names. AHA!!!!!!

My husband and brother-in-law both suggested we create a new profile and just start all over again. I said alright, but before that, I am going to appeal this. They thought I was crazy. Even I thought so. We went back and forth and I just was determined. At this time, my husband was really done with how things were at his workplace and was hoping for a breath of fresh air. So, I asked him to just have faith with me, and support me in going ahead with the appeal. He was in. I drafted the appeal letter, sent to my BIL, he proof-read and asked to make changes. When we were both satisfied, we got both mine and sibling's marriage license (because the letter specifically said we didn't have anything to show we had the same father) and the licenses had that. I then went to Google photos to download picture from my wedding with my sister and I. and phew I found a recent picture with just me, my sis and dad. We took it this Oct when she came in for dad's birthday. To say the resemblance was uncanny was not a lie. To this day, I remember how that picture looked and I am super thankful for selfies. At this time my husband had gone to bed as he was so sleepy, but me? [/i]I just dey wake up[i] [that's a line from one of my all-time favs - Sydney White- when the Nigerian guy who had been jetlagged for years *rolls eye* felt suddenly energetic at the gym on a treadmill}.

I attached the photos to the email, included the letter of appeal and previous documents and sent. I also sat down to create a new profile just in case. By the time I was done, it was 0500HRS and I had pulled an all-nighter.
Fast-forward, 1500HRS same day I sent the appeal, we received a response. See the speed I ran from the car into the house, so I could log in to the PC to read. My husband was right on my heel. Behold, it was a [/s]rejection email[s]. The kind agent who sent it, however, suggested another format to which the email should be sent. God Bless that Angel Agent for us. Immediately, we sprung into action, putting the email in the suggested format and resent. That was a late afternoon on Friday. Early Saturday morning, I saw another email notice - checked it was a ghost update. Profile still read [/s]refused[s]. I was shaking badly but joyful that at least someone took a peep.

Days later, I'd dream of emails from Agent Michelle saying we'd been approved, but the reality was saying otherwise. I held on to these dreams and kept hope alive. We sent emails twice to inquire of our documents had been received and we were informed via emails to confirm that. Exactly 10 days after we were sent the [/s]refusal[s] email, we received a letter saying that our appeal was heard and our file reopened. It was such a beautiful moment. My knees really did buckle as I fell to the ground in what you may describe as joy, relief and some tears. The email was sent on 30 Nov, but I read it on 1 Dec.

On the 3 Dec, the Ottawa Whatsapp group was abuzz with PPR announcements and I thought why not check your email? This was some minutes past 7 am. I refreshed my email and Oh my dayyyyyysssss, there it was [/b]Ready For Visa[b] and it had been sent since 05:03 am and I had been awake since 5 am, but I didn't check email {becasue to be honest, checking every time could be a lot disappointing if nothing has changed}.

That people is our story. Thank you so much for this wonderful thread. I learned a lot. Forgive typos and errors as they were not intentional.

We are indeed blessed, no lies. I am super grateful to the Almighty who looked favourably on us. I also used the feedback form to thank the CPC and our Case Officer for their kind gesture.

It has ended in Praise for me and may it end in praise for you all.

106 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Liispa(f): 3:35pm On Dec 07, 2019
NeneSisi:

I am glad to say it's PPR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am super thankful, especially as this journey tested both faith and resilience.

We are indeed blessed, no lies. I am super grateful to the Almighty who looked favourably on us. I also used the feedback form to thank the CPC and our Case Officer for their kind gesture.

Congratulations!!!!! It has truly ended in praise!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Ovywils: 3:40pm On Dec 07, 2019
Congratulations.
Amen oh
NeneSisi:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by bankyh1905(m): 3:44pm On Dec 07, 2019
Congratulations to you and yours! What an emotionally draining journey it must have been for you. shocked Thank you for sharing your story with us. I'm sure someone has learned one thing or the other. You score 8/10. Sharing is a beauty of the of this thread and is the foundation to its invaluable resource pool. Go forth and prosper in your new home.
NeneSisi:

AOR - May 13 2019
ADR 1 - Schedule A June 19
REQUEST FOR BIOMETRICS - June 25
ADR 2 - RPRF July 4
REFUSAL LETTER[b] - November 20
INFORMATION LETTER - November 30
READY FOR VISA MAIL AKA PPR - December 3rd

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Eraytee: 4:27pm On Dec 07, 2019
Goodnigga:
what's your target CRS score? Why don't you write TEF too na?
thanks a lot for your suggestion, I dont reside in Nigeria and where I am french class is far from it, I reside in a non-english speaking country. I have a very tight schedule as regards my academic pursuit (am a Phd student), learning french would have been an easy option for me if am in Nigeria. I hope you understand my point.

Jaybye:
Bro, it's not too late to start learning French. It seems like a tall order but achievable actually if you make that decision and put your mind to it. Download the Duolingo app for a start. Search online for French Together and follow his tips and find a suitable coaching school like Alliance Francaise. If I were you, I would have invested the time I tried retaking the IELTS into this has it has more points on offer if you can get to a B2 or C1 level.

Please act. I would love to hear that breakthrough news from you soon. You've really given this your all and you deserve the best..

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Dealkid: 5:05pm On Dec 07, 2019
[quote author=NeneSisi post=84707018]Hello Fellow Nairalanders,

It's the Lords doing and indeed marvelous in our sight. All the best

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by GBSS: 5:37pm On Dec 07, 2019
author=NeneSisi post=84707018]Hello Fellow Nairalanders,

cool
Congratulations. Wow! What a journey.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Jannyfranc: 6:43pm On Dec 07, 2019
Please I need urgent advice from the gurus here.I worked in a company for over 11years,recently I received an appointment letter for a new job?Will accepting the new job affect the EE process. Kindly note that I will enter pool next week.

Cc Ladymarshall
Topsmamen
Yemiblaze
Tina26
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Stencil: 6:55pm On Dec 07, 2019
It won't affect you.

Jannyfranc:
Please I need urgent advice from the gurus here.I worked in a company for over 11years, recently I received an appointment letter for a new job?Will accepting the new job affect the EE process. Kindly note that I will enter pool next week.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Stencil: 6:56pm On Dec 07, 2019
Congratulations!

NeneSisi:

I am glad to say it's PPR!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) ... (747)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.