Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,238 members, 7,807,792 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:23 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 - Travel (252) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 (1328658 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) ... (747) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Chikabel: 10:37am On Dec 28, 2019
Mamaroon:

Tbills are NOT usually for 1 yr. The most "popular" tenors are 91, 182 and 364 days but when purcahsed in the secondary market can be for even shorter tenors e.g. 30 days.

And they CAN be pre-liquidated i.e. sold back to the bank for cash, before the original maturity date.

A confirmation letter of the tbill investment from the bank works.

Thank you so much for your response! Much appreciated
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Chikabel: 10:39am On Dec 28, 2019
jjohndoe83:

@the bolded. When did that happen? Is itcsomw kind of regulation because my TBills are fof 6 months and will lapse in January. Please research well on this

Thank you so much! I think we would try the 6months fix instead. Thanks again!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by 1blessing: 10:48am On Dec 28, 2019
Thanks for your response.

The link is giving me an error. Can you help me with the link again or you check if it coukd be my browser.
Abeg enlughten me on PNP.
ednut1:
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp.
Simulate your scores here . Due to age pnp might be your best bet.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Collineno: 10:55am On Dec 28, 2019
Beyy:

I think job title doesn’t really matter when choosing your NOC. The job duties are what matters the most. So I’ll suggest you double check your job duties with those stated by CIC for a solar engineer and see if it matches. If it does then that should be your NOC

It is difficult to get the duties on cic website. I checked but couldn't find any I am thinking of using NOC 2133.

The job description is stated below.

• Conduct site energy audit for residential and commercial photovoltaic (PV) power system installation.
• Design PV systems including solar water heater for residential and commercial buildings.
• Supervise technicians and provide support during system installation.
• Prepare cost estimates including levelized cost of energy and provide reports of proposed photovoltaic systems for residential and commercial clients.
• Research, test new PV technologies to benefit clients and provide recommendation
• Perform computer aided simulation of PV production and system performance monitoring
• Develop PV installation safety procedures and ensure strict adherence by installers
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by hlemon: 10:56am On Dec 28, 2019
1blessing:
Thanks for your response.

The link is giving me an error. Can you help me with the link again or you check if it coukd be my browser.
Abeg enlughten me on PNP.

Remove the dot (.) at the end of asp, and try again.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Collineno: 10:58am On Dec 28, 2019
Oluwolefola:

The job description as specified in the reference letter from the employer is more important than the title. Use that to select the right NOC.

Please what is the NOC code for this job description below. I checked but couldn't find the right code. Please assist

• Conduct site energy audit for residential and commercial photovoltaic (PV) power system installation.
• Design PV systems including solar water heater for residential and commercial buildings.
• Supervise technicians and provide support during system installation.
• Prepare cost estimates including levelized cost of energy and provide reports of proposed photovoltaic systems for residential and commercial clients.
• Research, test new PV technologies to benefit clients and provide recommendation
• Perform computer aided simulation of PV production and system performance monitoring
• Develop PV installation safety procedures and ensure strict adherence by installers
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by 1blessing: 11:09am On Dec 28, 2019
I just checked now, and i am seeing grand total 443.though the only option i saw for education i chose masters but no other option to put my bsc

Can someone help me with PNP as suggested.

hlemon:

Remove the dot (.) at the end of asp, and try again.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nedu2144(m): 12:49pm On Dec 28, 2019
amaya21:
You can enter the pool with this if NONE of the sections are below 6. You need a min of 6 in each section to enter the pool (along with your ECA). Then you can rewrite for a better score.

But I tried entering the pool with LRSW 6.5,6.5,7.5 and 7 but it didnt go through. Was told I did not meet up with the eligibility Criteria, kindly assist
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by sibot: 12:59pm On Dec 28, 2019
Hello my ogas in the house, I'm about to create an Express entry profile and I say make I consult the elders for advice, make I apologize in advance for my ignorance abeg.

ECA report has been completed for a while now and I finally aced IELTS at the 3rd attempt Score is 481 using the CRS tool.

I'm a bit confused about the number of years of working experience. I completed my B.tech March 2014 and my masters program spanned between December 2015 to February 2018 so I believe years of experience should be over 3years. I studied architecture and I have a firm I've been working with since I graduated in 2014, though worked as a part time employee during my masters degree and I can get a letter stating that I've been with the firm since 2014. Do I need to provide any other document attesting to my work experience or will the letter suffice? Also, should I subtract the years I spent getting my masters degree or can I just count from 2014 please?

POF is ready and I don't know the best way to go about this to avoid unneccessary delays. I've gone through the post and see that a lot of people use the gift deed and treasury bill. I'm a bit naive about how this works and I would appreciate any insight I can get. I intend transferring the money to my sister's account and sending to one of my less busy accounts then do a gift deed (still don't know how this works) before investing in treasury bill. Also, should I invest in TB before creating an Express entry profile or do that while in the pool awaiting ITA; which is best?

Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Debsify: 1:16pm On Dec 28, 2019
PLSHELEP:
Not so silent reader all along.

ITA - August 14
AOR - Aug 30
ADR - NIL
CSE - 3
CALLS - 2 (18 Dec and 24 Dec)
Ghost Update - 1 (post MEP), another 27 Dec
PPR - 27 Dec
Family of me, myself and I
To God be the glory!!!
It ended in praise...

Full gist loading in a bit.

The guidance here was sos helpful... I don’t even know what I’m typing sef. Make Una wait, I Dey come ��‍♂️
Congratulations
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by meadeh77: 1:17pm On Dec 28, 2019
Congratulations. I got mine on the 23rd. The patience is not easy.
SirKastic:
Silent reader PPR alert *Tearssssss shirt* for special effect!!

Decision to travel - Since I was old enough and realised our leaders will not allow Nigeria harness her full potential.

I initially wanted to go for my Msc in Canada but opted for UK cos of family ties there. After my MSc in UK (2013), I moved back to naija to resume at my job from study leave, and within the first few month being back, I knew I had made a mistake coming back to this country - It was depressing sometimes, especially if you've lived in a developed country where the system works. January 1st 2018, I decided to stop complaining and do something about it. Spoke with a friend who had just moved to Canada with his family and he gave me the load down. I booked IELTS in March 2018 and this marked my battle to pass 'common english' test (imagine),I kept falling short of .5 in listening - aced it at the 4th attempt with 8778. While battling IELTS, I did WES for my Msc - this bit was easy as it was a UK uni.

ITA

Armed with 8778 and CRS of 456, I was confident as ITA scores was still within 440s - ITA came April 19th, 2019. Got PCC for UK and Naija (Abuja) - pretty straight forward. Did medicals with IOM - they gave me a mini scare asking about HIV and if im sexually active (for my mind I say so na so all my sins & village people wan take finally get me now) but thankfully, everything came out clean (E b like say make i photocopy the result hang for my parlour). sigh of relief.

POF

Had some bread saved up and while discussing with my father to update him of my decision to relocate, I mentioned POF and he decided to give me POF -correct guy. Got a gift deed and notarised it, bought T-bills and added my own savings as a buffer.

EMPLOYMENT

I have over 10 years experience in HR but claimed points for the last 3 years in and added the following:
Employment letter
Confirmation letter
promotion letters
Reference letter
Pay stubs
Bank statement ( highlighted salary inflow)
T-Bills from my personal savings (buffer)

AOR: May 25th 2019 then the journey began.....

I hoped this would be speedy as I noticed February AOR got PPR within 3 months. My rent was getting due and i really didn't want to renew it so this got me tensed at some point. You see, patience had never been one of my virtues but this process taught me a lesson - there's nothing you can do about it than to just chill and live your life. I couldn't make immediate plans, buy certain stuffs, or commit to things cos I was waiting for golden mail (na wa!). At some point you start questioning your application and if you filled everything right.
I made a conscious decision not to order GCMC notes or call. However, I raised a CSC on the 5th month to find out my VO. they responded about a week later - Ottawa CPC. Got invited to May AOR group on Telegram ... there were lots of jokes and it helped take the pressure off although eh, Inidan people can worrrryyyyyyy.. loll. I gave in to small pressure and mailed Ralph to ask about my application as I read he's usually helpful - the man nor even answer me, I later learnt he lost his re-election bid.. so I nor blame am. The wait continued.

November 13th I got a mail for ADR for Record of Government Employment, I responded same day and then long silenceeeeee. After hanging out with my colleagues on December 24th, I got home and later at night i lazily checked my mail only to find Ready for Visa email staring at me.. jaw dropped... Christmas came early for me.

Ive been on this Nairaland page mostly as an observer but I learnt alot. The depth of info I gathered from here was amazing, reading other people's story and being happy when they announced their PPR kept me going and knowing my turn will come one day. I'll just like to add that what ever stage you are at now, keep pushing and taking it one step at a time. Set a time frame to get things done and you'll get there too. cheers to you all and I wish we all get to our destination and live a fulfilled life.

AOR May 25th
Med Passed July 5th. silencee
Raised 2 CSC - 1 know VO - Ottawa and the other after the 6th month for application update
ADR Nov13th - Government Employment Records
PPR December 24th
Single Guy ...maybe the LOML is inside the Canada sef waiting for me..lol

Season greetings to you all!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Threemg: 1:34pm On Dec 28, 2019
Good Afternoon fam, please I want to confirm if Lagos now stamps Passport after Visa Approval (PPR). Last I did mine was in Accra till someone shared a post that CIC now recommend that Passports be sent to Lagos for stamping as against Accra.
Please someone should confirm the authenticity of this piece of information. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Titaness: 2:34pm On Dec 28, 2019
Congratulations
PLSHELEP:
Not so silent reader all along.

ITA - August 14
AOR - Aug 30
ADR - NIL
CSE - 3
CALLS - 2 (18 Dec and 24 Dec)
Ghost Update - 1 (post MEP), another 27 Dec
PPR - 27 Dec
Family of me, myself and I
To God be the glory!!!
It ended in praise...

Full gist loading in a bit.

The guidance here was sos helpful... I don’t even know what I’m typing sef. Make Una wait, I Dey come ��‍♂️
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Mrsc22: 2:42pm On Dec 28, 2019
Hello. Nice score. Your ITA is sure once you enter the pool.

For work experience, calculate the entire period you worked. Partime work is still valid as long as you were paid (letter from company, bank statement to show salary or payslips).

For POF, you can send to your sister. Her birth certificate, change of name, pics of both of you is enough proof of connection (should that be needed).

You can also just do tbill or mutual funds immediately so money is chilling before entering the pool and ITA.

I hope this helps.

sibot:
Hello my ogas in the house, I'm about to create an Express entry profile and I say make I consult the elders for advice, make I apologize in advance for my ignorance abeg.

3years. I studied architecture and I have a firm I've been working with since I graduated in 2014, though worked as a part time employee during my masters degree and I can get a letter stating that I've been with the firm since 2014. Do I need to provide any other document attesting to my work experience or will the letter suffice? Also, should I subtract the years I spent getting my masters degree or can I just count from 2014 please?

POF is ready and I don't know the best way to go about this to avoid unneccessary delays. I've gone through the post and I've seen that a lot of people use the gift deed and treasury bill. I'm a bit naive about how this works and I would appreciate any insight I can get. I intend transferring the money to my sister's account and sending to one of my less busy accounts then do a gift deed (still don't know how this works) before investing in treasury bill but her surname is different from mine since she's married so I don't know if this will be am issue. Also, should I invest in TB before creating an Express entry profile or do that while in the pool awaiting ITA; which is best?

I will really appreciate all the help I can get abeg o.
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by PLSHELEP: 2:43pm On Dec 28, 2019
Thanks a lot. Dem say person wey ask question no dey miss road. This platform has been very helpful in making me get PPR in 119 days, 3 days short of 4 months. I'm very grateful.

hayoakins:
Congratulations grin

I remember when you joined and wouldn't stop asking questions. Great job. You earned it and also end up saving the fee you would have paid to a misinformed agent.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by sibot: 3:01pm On Dec 28, 2019
Thanks for the reply.

I can only get a letter from the company for work experience as no pay slips were issued (unless I want to start designing those myself now) and no bank statements showing salary as this was not fixed and i did a lot of PP on my own as well.

Biggest issue tho is POF, I don't mind doing a treasury bill now and leave the money chilling but can I use this alone or will I need to provide additional bank statements showing the source of funds invested in the treasury bill. Also, I've seen post from people saying a gift deed from a relative for the full POF might raise some questions from the VO.

Thanks again

Mrsc22:

Hello. Nice score. Your ITA is sure once you enter the pool.

For work experience, calculate the entire period you worked. Partime work is still valid as long as you were paid (letter from company, bank statement to show salary or payslips).

For POF, you can send to your sister. Her birth certificate, change of name, pics of both of you is enough proof of connection (should that be needed).

You can also just do tbill or mutual funds immediately so money is chilling before entering the pool and ITA.

I hope this helps.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Ayodelenetworks: 3:33pm On Dec 28, 2019
Can one actually use a gift deed from my sibling ( Elder brother) current on PR in Canada be valid for the full POF?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by bekayy: 3:34pm On Dec 28, 2019
Bants.

You know how Indians/Pakistanis say i gave IELTS, that's how "sitting pretty" sounds to me. Hate these phrases. What does sitting pretty in my mailbox even mean?.

Just holiday bants. Happy Holidays everyone. May your dreams come true.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by IRENEME: 3:47pm On Dec 28, 2019
Hi all, please Who has a LASU transcript contact should please help share. Thanks a lot. Pls help
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Eraytee: 5:00pm On Dec 28, 2019
YES

Ayodelenetworks:
Can one actually use a gift deed from my sibling ( Elder brother) current on PR in Canada be valid for the full POF?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by zenonzeal: 5:12pm On Dec 28, 2019
I'll like to say a big thanks to @blissnenye for her endless effort in making my IELTS test a success. The fact that there are tutors like you who are willing to put up with students like me is truly remarkable.
Thank you for your endless patience.
LRWS. - 8/7/7/7

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by blissnenye: 6:35pm On Dec 28, 2019
Congratulations dear. I am honoured to be a part of this success. I wish you a speedy process

zenonzeal:
I'll like to say a big thanks to @blissnenye for her endless effort in making my IELTS test a success. The fact that there are tutors like you who are willing to put up with students like me is truly remarkable.
Thank you for your endless patience.
LRWS. - 8/7/7/7
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by blissnenye: 6:45pm On Dec 28, 2019
Meanwhile, my people I had an early Christmas gift and I am grateful to God.

ECA for PA: June 29, 2019
ECA for spouse July 24,2019
IELTS: May 23 (PA) LRSW: 8.5,9,7.5,7.5
IELTS: May 11(Spouse) 7.5, 6, 7, 6.5. Can't remember exact scores actually
CRS: 461
ITA: July 24
AOR: September 10
PPR: December 23

Started ECA for hubby and I in April April9 2019
ECA for spouse July 24, 2019
IELTS: May 23, 2019(PA) LRSW: 8.5,9,7.5,7.5
IELTS: May 11,2019(Spouse) 7.5, 6, 7, 6.5. Can't remember exact scores actually
ITA: July 24,2019
MEP and BIL: September 24, 2019
AOR: September 10,2019
Caught the GU December 20, 2019
PPR: December 23,2019
AOR to PPR: 3 months and 13days
No ADR
Family of 4
Raised CSE only once to know my VO and VO was Ottawa

Started ECA for hubby and I in April April and got the PPR mail December 23 at 11:07pm. I am so grateful to God that a journey of 8months have ended in praise

79 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Ussyberry(m): 7:03pm On Dec 28, 2019
blissnenye:

No ADR
Family of 4

Started ECA for hubby and I in April April and got the PPR mail December 23 at 11:07pm. I am so grateful to God that a journey of 8months have ended in praise

The Lord is Good! Merry Christmas. This one na miracle PPR.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by bekayy: 7:14pm On Dec 28, 2019
Congrats my dear. Praise GOD on your behalf.

blissnenye:

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by amaya21: 7:15pm On Dec 28, 2019
Real express entry. Congratulations!

blissnenye:

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by blissnenye: 7:23pm On Dec 28, 2019
Thank you so much. It can only be God

amaya21:
Real express entry. Congratulations!

[q
bekayy:
Congrats my dear. Praise GOD on your behalf.

uote author=Ussyberry post=85297299]

The Lord is Good! Merry Christmas. This one na miracle PPR.[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by bezimo(m): 7:28pm On Dec 28, 2019
Remicynt:
I want to request for a remark with IDP plz pray for me.
I need a change in just my reading 6.5 to 7 shikena. Plz pray fr me o. Am really scared but hopeful.

It's not gonna change.. if it was writing..then you have a slight chance to get an improved score..dont waste your money remarking reading or listening..they often don't change..Instead rewrite the exam.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Ibukune(m): 7:42pm On Dec 28, 2019
Pls I need cue card for January speaking test. Pls
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by allabs: 7:43pm On Dec 28, 2019
amaya21:
If you are claiming points for them, you need to submit a reference letter. You can choose which ones you're claiming points for - based on duration of work, ease of reference, eligible NOC, within the last ten years etc.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 8:05pm On Dec 28, 2019
blissnenye:

No ADR
Family of 4

Congratulations Blissnenye! You are such a nice person. Go and prosper in Canada

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) ... (747)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.