Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,409 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:35 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 - Travel (295) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 (1328928 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) ... (747) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Lexsuave(m): 10:06am On Jan 14, 2020
Hello house. I submitted my passport at vfs global, Lagos on the 23rd of December, 2019 for it to be forwarded to VAC for my PR visa... and till now, I haven't gotten a date for passport collection. I got my PPR on the 20th

Its been more than 2 weeks now since I submitted...

I've sent mails and also called their help lines severally but nothing seems to be working.

Anyone with any suggestion as what to do next? Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by teeboi77: 10:06am On Jan 14, 2020
Thanks so much for your response.

Liispa:

Same points, and no.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Midapat(f): 10:18am On Jan 14, 2020
Midapat:

Thanks for your response and encouragement. I'm above 30, 32 to be precise. I have a Postgraduate diploma alongside the Bsc. Will Wes rate my pgd as two or more certificates or as a masters(clue on credentials evaluation please) Husband has all it takes but he is 39. He had masters from unilag and he has close to 10 years work experience. Any chance for us.
Note I have people who have engaged my services who will be willing to write a reference for me and I have A registered certificate with corporate affairs commission. Just the tax evidence. But I have some trade permit receipt and utility receipt.
My Question
Will they be valid to proof my work experience? Cos that will give me an advantage.
If not what can I do to claim the experience as I'm not yet in the pool. I'm just going to do my ECA after which I'll do ielts. Just feeding myself with info to know how to prepare for better CTS points.
I appreciate you all. This is a beautiful thread with cheerful people across board. Thanks for being there.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by bankyh1905(m): 10:19am On Jan 14, 2020
There's no cause for alarm. Some of us have been waiting for almost a month now. You'll be contacted when it's ready. You may also get a copy of the information letter (request for visa letter) in your account, prior to Application Approval and passport readiness.
Lexsuave:
Its been more than 2 weeks now since I submitted...
I've sent mails and also called their help lines severally but nothing seems to be working.
Anyone with any suggestion as what to do next? Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by fadeofresh(m): 10:36am On Jan 14, 2020
Hi Everyone.

Please once you get your PR visa. How long do you have to remain in the country before you have to land in Canada.

What deadlines do you have to look out for?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by elohim24: 10:37am On Jan 14, 2020
SapphireFort:
Yes, you are on track. Just send evidence of change of name with your credentials
Marriage certificate, newspaper publication and affidavit for change of name will suffice right?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by bankyh1905(m): 10:40am On Jan 14, 2020
fadeofresh:
Hi Everyone.
Please once you get your PR visa. How long do you have to remain in the country before you have to land in Canada.
What deadlines do you have to look out for? Usually, till your medical results expire after a year.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Lexsuave(m): 10:40am On Jan 14, 2020
Thank you so much... I really appreciate the response
bankyh1905:
There's no cause for alarm. Some of us have been waiting for almost a month now. You'll be contacted when it's ready. You may also get a copy of the information letter (request for visa letter) in your account, prior to Application Approval and passport readiness.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by tofs2: 10:43am On Jan 14, 2020
Same thing, was your passport sent to IRCC Lagos office?
Phoenix1989:
I have just called VAC and they say my passport is still with the embassy.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by tofs2: 10:47am On Jan 14, 2020
Never knew.
Silversurfer1:

Congratulations. Where was your VO?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by KsMom: 10:51am On Jan 14, 2020
fadeofresh:
Hi Everyone.
What deadlines do you have to look out for?

You have to travel before your medical or your international passport expires.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Phoenix1989(m): 11:16am On Jan 14, 2020
tofs2:
Same thing, was your passport sent to IRCC Lagos office?
Yes it was sent to their Lagos Office.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Teemez: 11:18am On Jan 14, 2020
Thanks God bless
Mrsc22:
Yes you need to send both certificates (scanned) to WES. Use Hellofax (check google)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by WiseYoungMan: 11:20am On Jan 14, 2020
Please, concerning pay stubs for previous places I've worked, how do i go about it if i don't have any?

I have reference letters, employment letters, resignation letters, and some other evidence of work correspondence.

Will these be sufficient? or do i need to upload statements of my accounts from way back then showing the salary i was paid?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by tofs2: 11:26am On Jan 14, 2020
Ok,hopefully it shouldn’t take long to get our passport.
Phoenix1989:
Yes it was sent to their Lagos Office.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Toshine2: 11:41am On Jan 14, 2020
Good morning,

Please who knows if Stanbic Ibtc money market proof/certificate can be acceptable as POF
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by carissaa(f): 11:43am On Jan 14, 2020
I have not gotten an email from you
Venom104:

Hi Carissaa, I sent you a PM.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ifyjip(f): 12:00pm On Jan 14, 2020
Pls which should I select UPS, DHL or courier plus as my delivery option for school to send my transcript?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Ayoade154: 12:03pm On Jan 14, 2020
GozyNA:
As long as you’re legal and authorized to work here, no employer would openly discriminate against you based on age, sex and race, so don’t worry. I’ve met people in their sixties who recently completed college and got into the workforce.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Venom104: 12:18pm On Jan 14, 2020
[quote author=carissaa post=85785541][/quote]

Please check again.. Could be in your spam or junk folder. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by bekayy: 12:26pm On Jan 14, 2020
Only your official reference letter in CIC format from your workplace is ENOUGH. Shalom.

WiseYoungMan:
Please, concerning pay stubs for previous places I've worked, how do i go about it if i don't have any?
I have reference letters, employment letters, resignation letters, and some other evidence of work correspondence.
Will these be sufficient? or do i need to upload statements of my accounts from way back then showing the salary i was paid?

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Prisscindy(f): 12:30pm On Jan 14, 2020
KsMom:

You have to travel before your medical or your international passport expires.

I don't think the international passport expiration should be a problem, if it does expire, you can always renew and carry both old and new together.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by yemiciea: 12:41pm On Jan 14, 2020
ifyjip:
Thnks dear pls is there any way I can get your WhatsApp number?

Send me a dm, I will respond
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Influential101: 12:50pm On Jan 14, 2020
Prisscindy:

I don't think the international passport expiration should be a problem, if it does expire, you can always renew and carry both old and new together.
The validity of the visa that will be stamped on your passport will be either medical's expiry date or passport expiry date, whichever comes first.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Silversurfer1: 1:20pm On Jan 14, 2020
Prisscindy:

You must either travel before the current passport expires (which contains the visa) or you renew your passport and send the new one to them for the visa. If you travel with an expired passport, OYO is your portion
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Datevilme: 1:20pm On Jan 14, 2020
bekayy:
Only your official reference letter in CIC format from your workplace is ENOUGH. Shalom.

OK, thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Freeasabird: 1:36pm On Jan 14, 2020
COPR

Got our PPR on the 10th of December and submitted passport same day.

We put our mind to get it back in a month’s time putting the holiday in mind.

On the 9th after having received our updated/approved status and counterfoil on the Canadian website we strolled down to VSF.

They said it wasn’t available and to think that their useless tracking code doesn’t work. Annoying people! (I legit call them jealously because they can be very rude)Lmao

I called yesterday and they said it was still at the embassy so I jacked my husband this morning and we took another stroll there.

After a few minutes they gave us our passports. Till now we’ve not received any email to come pick our passports up.

So if you submitted your passport between the 10th to 15th of December 2019, your passport may be lying around the VFS Office.

Cheers!

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nickisindigo(m): 1:39pm On Jan 14, 2020
Teemez:
To my selfless nairaland family please I am here with another question that need quick answer

I have started the ECA process with WES, I have made payment and my school may likely send the transcript to wes tomorrow or next.

MY QUESTION:
Do I need to post the photocopies of my ND and HND to WES? Please what is the acceptable means to get it across to them Awaiting your kind response as usual. God bless you

can I get your whatsapp number??
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Mrsc22: 1:54pm On Jan 14, 2020
Do your tax clearance. Plus the other evidence you have, they will be fine. Since you are younger, you should be the PA.
Midapat:

Note I have people who have engaged my services who will be willing to write a reference for me and I have A registered certificate with corporate affairs commission. Just the tax evidence. But I have some trade permit receipt and utility receipt.
My Question
Will they be valid to proof my work experience? Cos that will give me an advantage.
If not what can I do to claim the experience as I'm not yet in the pool. I'm just going to do my ECA after which I'll do ielts. Just feeding myself with info to know how to prepare for better CTS points.
I appreciate you all. This is a beautiful thread with cheerful people across board. Thanks for being there.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Mrsc22: 1:55pm On Jan 14, 2020
What you have currently is sufficient. If you however have bank statement showing salary, you can add that as well.

WiseYoungMan:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by teeboi77: 2:06pm On Jan 14, 2020
Good afternoon All,is it advisable to enter the pool with a CRS of 444 ??

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) ... (747)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.