Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,480 members, 7,781,408 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:59 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 - Travel (322) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 (1314814 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) ... (747) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ovonramwen: 5:08am On Jan 24, 2020
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Fenix: 5:58am On Jan 24, 2020
Sigh.

Just calculated my CRS score. 445

Single
35 years.
masters degree.
7 years plus of work experience
Ielts L 8.5 RAW 7.5 each.

Not sure what else to do to increase my score
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by magd: 6:00am On Jan 24, 2020
Have you checked which of the provinces have your occupation in demand.
Fenix:
Sigh.

Single
35 years.
masters degree.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by magd: 6:05am On Jan 24, 2020
Each province have their requirements, you can check out for provinces that want your occupation
ify2016:
I have 3 years experience in my current job but my course of study differs.Can I be eligible to apply for PNP in any province? Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Collineno: 6:29am On Jan 24, 2020
I have an important question to ask. Can I apply even when my passport is about to expire in 5 months?
What is the minimum passport validity before applying for PPR??
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Eagles92(m): 6:33am On Jan 24, 2020
No o, has anyone been able to check?
ovonramwen:

Have you seen it?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Eraytee: 6:50am On Jan 24, 2020
What stage are you presently? If you are post-ITA go ahead and submit your application. When you renew your passport you will inform IRCC via webform.

Collineno:
I have an important question to ask. Can I apply even when my passport is about to expire in 5 months?
What is the minimum passport validity before applying for PPR??
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 7:48am On Jan 24, 2020
Fenix:
Sigh.

Single
35 years.
masters degree.

1. Learn french
2 . Wait in the pool for pnp
3. Apply for pnp like sinp
4. Get married if u have a younger gf with masters

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Itzpearlz: 8:12am On Jan 24, 2020
Alexy2014:
Hello house, does anyone have an idea of how the Ielts EOR works with British Council? Please share because I need to apply for a remark.

For British Council, you need to raise a bank draft in any bank you have an account with.

The Recipient of the Bank Draft should be:
British Council Trading Services Nigeria Limited

Amount: NGN15,750

Take the bank draft to BC office with your old Test Result Form.
You would be given an EOR form to fill where you would tick the components i.e. the particular course module(s) you want to remark. Your old TRF would be viewed but wouldn't be collected from you till when you return back to collect the EOR results. The process is expected to take between 2 to 21 days.

If you have not received a response after 28 days from the date you recieved the acknowledgement email, please contact frederick.amatokwu@ng.britishcouncil.org and copy alexander.ofuyah@ng.britishcouncil.org. You should ensure that you provide your candidate number and test date in the body of the mail.
Please note that they state that they are unable to track the outcome of an Enquiry on Results until 28 days have passed.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by kalelbinl(m): 8:53am On Jan 24, 2020
bekayy:
PEOPLE, FYI. ONLY THE REFERENCE LETTER IN CIC FORMAT IS ENOUGH AS IT IS MANDATORY FOR PROOF OF WORK.

I see people sweating over payslips plus extras here. You only need other docx if you can't get a proper reference letter.

Read CIC's website for your required documents.

My sister, abeg I need guidance on this. My wife received Sask ITA (electrical field) and needs to submit her application. Please can you assist ? I’m sorry, had to post it here...gurus here too can help.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by esthernnanna: 9:03am On Jan 24, 2020
NubianQueen87:
You have times and seasons in Your hands, You called forth light out of darkness. You don't need a man to be the God you are, but You have chosen to call me Your own!

People of God, gather round...

It's PPR!!!

Like LadyMarshall said, the feeling is out of this world, chai!

I decided to write this script so that others can benefit from my experience. It's the least I can do for this Nairaland family that God used to bless me, after an agent told me I'll pay them 600k PER APPLICANT!!!

SO, here goes:

I got my MSc from the United Kingdom, and since I got back,I always knew it was a matter of time before I left this country. Even when hubby started brother-sister chyking, I was always sounding it so that tomorrow he wee nor say I didn't say "henitin" lool.

I had my daughter in August 2018. I took her to the village so my grandfather would see his greatgrandchild and bless her. He looked at her and called her Ada Ala bekee (daughter of the abroad place). It was like a light switch came on. I couldn't sleep that night. Was I really going to raise this child in this country? I got back home and spoke with my husband. Normal tins, excuses started. Ehn, we don't have the money. I said, "it will come, if it's God's will". Ehn, I'm first son and you're first daughter. We can't leave the country. I said, " Err, yes we can. Shebi ya first cousin is in Sweden and her village house has not fallen ni". Ehn, it's just so much work. At this point, I recognised village pipu, so i just said okay. I went out and told my Mom, I'm starting alone. I was breastfeeding exclusively, so I couldn't fast beyond 12pm. I gave God my strong reasons for wanting to leave and asked Him to -if it was His will that we leave- touch my husband's heart, cos I couldn't break up my family.
I started my research. An agent whose number I got off Facebook, gave me a very detailed breakdown of the steps involved, apparently in the hopes of snagging a customer. When she finally told me her price (600k per applicant, hian), the rest is history. Then I remembered an acquaintance who had studied in the UK with me as well and was currently in Canada. She asked me to go to Nairaland. That was my first confirmation of God's leading. My Mom stayed with my daughter at night so I could read up. I started from part 3 page one, while praying for a change of heart from my husband. I got my answer as I finished Part6. He came to me and asked, ehn how far this waka? How do we go about it?. I just smiled, went inside and came out with this huge folder of screenshots of conversations from nairaland and Canada Visa. He was shocked! Don't underestimate the power of a woman who wants the best for her family!

Anyway, we sha started.

ECA

I used WES for mine (Master's degree from the UK). It arrived in 3weeks. Hubby used ICES for his Naija degree. This was a good one for us because ICES has the option of emailing transcripts, which cost 8k against the 22k the school would usually charge for transcript transmission. Plus, it arrived much faster since it's electronic. Took about 14weeks to get his ECA. We used a friend's Canadian address and he emailed us the soft copy which we used to apply.

IELTS
When my ECA arrived, I started reading up for IELTS. A friend very kindly gave us the Cambridge 1-12 which he and his wife used for their exam. He had written 6times and I kept rejecting it because carry me up throw me down, you no go see N20 note, so I kept praying that this N75k would be the first and last. I tried my best to read while nursing a 3month old baby. God was faithful. The Holy Spirit helped me retain a lot. I lost a bit of concentration out of excess anxiety and pressure during the listening test and I tried to make up for it during the reading and writing tests. The speaking went very well. People were going in and coming out with strong faces, saying the examiners were asking them about global trade and the effects of WW2 on present day blablabla. It was with an anxious heart that I got up when it was my turn, pasted a sweet smile on my face and went inside. People of God, this woman examiner asked me about... Wait for it... Colours. Yes, colours!
My favourite colour, why I prefer it to other colours, how do I feel when I see that colour, how do colours affect people's mood. Till tomorrow, I don't remember a single answer. Result came out and I had LRWS 8.5/7.5/7.5/7.5. Kai! I was so grateful!! Hubby wrote his in January and aced it too, LRWS :8/9/7/7.5

POF
This is where I said God would confirm that He's behind this waka. 5.6million is not beans porridge. Money came in from unexpected sources, while the expected ones folded their arms and watched to see how we will get it. Issokay.
We transferred everything from my account to momsi's account and she transferred it to Hubby's account and
he bought treasury bills through his bank. Then, we notarized a gift deed saying she's giving us the money and isn't expecting it back. These were all uploaded.

Medicals & PCC
After we submitted our profile in July, we immediately booked flights for our medicals because we were so sure we would get ITA with a CRS of 474. 2days after, ITA arrived and we took off. We used IOM Lagos and it was a breeze. We had used booking.com and found a hotel few minutes walk from IOM (The W Hotel) and it was very cozy and affordable, too. We were done by 12:10pm and took the BRT from Ikeja to Ikoyi and a keke to CID, Alagbon. Inspector Moshood was at a retreat, but we met another kind officer who he had left in charge. He even bought drinks for me, hubby and baby. We were out of there in under one hour. We also met some Nairalanders on this journey and were just shining teeth with them, lool.

WORK EXPERIENCE
As the PA, I had to get reference letters from a former employer. My NOC was 2171, but we had an arrangement because of one or two waka dat time, so I was paid in cash. He gave me reference letter, and I attached my employment letter and a few payslips. I also attached an LOE explaining why I didn't attach any bank statements.

I submitted on the evening of the 59th day, September 21st. I got AOR same day, MEP came October 3rd and BIL arrived October 4th. We went to Abuja because I'm kuku allergic to Lagos stress. Momsi watched the baby while we went to give our biometrics. VFS staff were very courteous and we were done in about 2hrs. They asked us to be patient and prayerful and hoped to see us very soon to drop off our passports. Chai. We hurried back to the airport to catch our flight back to PH. Arik Air didn't dull us. Thank God.

We got home and......
S
I

L
E
N
C
E

Thank God for our jobs, it helped us stay sane. At first I was in my account every other day, but when I decided to just let God take over, I found myself checking every other week. All I prayed was that I didn't want any ADRs or interviews. I prayed that our documents would be more than enough for them to make a favourable decision.

Exactly 4months, at 10:36pm, it arrived. I opened my email on the 22nd to retrieve a document and BAM! There it was!!! Some students had come to report noisemakers. The way I rushed them out of my office, they would have wondered what happened to Me. I was in shock. I'm still in shock. I was expecting it but now that it's here, the feeling is so surreal. I'm just so thankful to God. No ADR. No interview. Kai. Through my unfaithfulness, doubt, He still had mercy and favoured me and my family. Thank You, Father.

Thank you, @topsmamen. Jesus did it!

For the unimaginable wealth of experience available here FOR FREE, thank you Nairaland.

It has ended in praise!!!

Congratulations! For your cash payment did the employer state in the reference letter that you were paid in cash or did you write an LOE for that?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by pweetygeek(f): 9:24am On Jan 24, 2020
Ok
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Rutee1: 9:25am On Jan 24, 2020
Stencil:
Your work experience does not have to be in the same NOC
You can combine NOCs.
Just make sure that you worked in one of the NOCs for one year continuous.
Many applicants have successfully combined 3 to 4 NOCs and got PPR. There is no limit in the number of combinations.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by didislash: 9:33am On Jan 24, 2020
[quote author=NubianQueen87 post=86034473]You have times and seasons in Your hands, You called forth light out of darkness. You don't need a man to be the God you are, but You have chosen to call me Your own!

People of God, gather round...

It's PPR!!!

Like LadyMarshall said, the feeling is out of this world, chai!

Congratulations! Please can I send you a private message? I would need you to help me with IELTS study materials.. Please. I honestly tap into this testimony

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by MaziObiagu1: 9:46am On Jan 24, 2020
Hello people of God good morning. Please I intend to book for medicals today. Please between OVM in Ikeja and Q-Life in VI, which one would you recommend?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by KsMom: 9:51am On Jan 24, 2020
whats happening there?

Eagles92:
Who is on IDP website already? smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by KsMom: 10:07am On Jan 24, 2020
IOM for quick service as they dont usually have so many applicants booking them because of their cost. it is slightly higher
Q-life has lot of people booking them, so the next available date you get might be in 2 months.

MaziObiagu1:
Hello people of God good morning. Please I intend to book for medicals today. Please between OVM in Ikeja and Q-Life in VI, which one would you recommend?

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by PreciousRuby(f): 10:14am On Jan 24, 2020
there is nothing you can do other than to wait o. My Verification was over 2 months with Unilag.

You can get someone to help you fast track it whenever it drops.

olasworld:
Good people in the house please I need your advice. I received a mail from WES on 29th Nov 2019 that a verification mail was sent to Unilag. Till now, the school is yet to respond and when I visited the school, i was told that the mail has not been received.
I contacted WES and it was confirmed again that the verification mail was sent last year.
Please should I do? Although I was told another mail will be sent after 7weeks but what is the guaranty that the school will get it again.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ucham: 10:26am On Jan 24, 2020
Please can I an uncle as a sibling? Will it be accepted?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by MaziObiagu1: 10:26am On Jan 24, 2020
KsMom:
IOM for quick service as they dont usually have so many applicants booking them because of their cost. it is slightly higher
Q-life has lot of people booking them, so the next available date you get might be in 2 months.

Thanks a lot sir. Then IOM it is.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by teeboi77: 10:40am On Jan 24, 2020
Good morning beautiful people,please i will like to confirm if i can pick my uncle as (Relative by blood living in canada) ,

(below was copied from immigration website)
Relatives in Canada
You, or your spouse or common-law partner, have a relative who is:

living in Canada
18 years or older and
a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
This relative must be a:

parent
grandparent
child
grandchild
your or your spouse’s sibling (child of your or your spouse’s parent)
your or your spouse’s aunt or uncle (by blood or marriage)
your or your spouse’s niece or nephew (grandchild of your or your spouse’s parent)

kindly confirm if i can use my Uncle (His dad and my mum's dad are siblings).Thanks for your kind response(s)
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Vicolak: 10:50am On Jan 24, 2020
Congrats
Xkywalker:
ITS PPR
Ielts 29 June LRWS 8.5,7,7.5,8
AOR 7sept
last GU 17th Jan
PPR 20th Jan... grin
Single Applicant
Ottawa VO

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by KsMom: 11:11am On Jan 24, 2020
Nope at least according to my understanding.
cuz i know the person must list you in their documentation from the onset

ucham:
Please can I an uncle as a sibling? Will it be accepted?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by NubianQueen87: 11:14am On Jan 24, 2020
[quote author=didislash post=86064240][/quote]

Sure thing!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by NubianQueen87: 11:17am On Jan 24, 2020
esthernnanna:

Congratulations! For your cash payment did the employer state in the reference letter that you were paid in cash or did you write an LOE for that?

No, he included it in my employment letter. He started with..."As per our agreement during your interview, you will be paid in cash..."

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by NubianQueen87: 11:18am On Jan 24, 2020
aggese:

Congrats ...Please I sent your an email I need your advice

Hi, I have responded
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by NubianQueen87: 11:19am On Jan 24, 2020
ovy92:
I am happy for you, congratulations to you and your family

I tap into your testimony, that in 4 months time my PPR will also be here without any ADR /Interviews in jesus name Amen

Congratulations once again

Amen, I pray yours will be even shorter. My friend got his in 44days post AOR!!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by NubianQueen87: 11:22am On Jan 24, 2020
Please can someone add me to the sister thread on details involved in moving to Canada?

Thank you!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by teeboi77: 11:23am On Jan 24, 2020
someone should kindly assist on this..

teeboi77:
Good morning beautiful people,please i will like to confirm if i can pick my uncle as (Relative by blood living in canada) ,

(below was copied from immigration website)
Relatives in Canada
You, or your spouse or common-law partner, have a relative who is:

living in Canada
18 years or older and
a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
This relative must be a:

parent
grandparent
child
grandchild
your or your spouse’s sibling (child of your or your spouse’s parent)
your or your spouse’s aunt or uncle (by blood or marriage)
your or your spouse’s niece or nephew (grandchild of your or your spouse’s parent)

kindly confirm if i can use my Uncle (His dad and my mum's dad are siblings).Thanks for your kind response(s)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Vicolak: 11:26am On Jan 24, 2020
Congrats
Maverick22:
It’s COPR peeps!!
Timeline:
IELTS:- march 24 2019
ECA :- started nov 2018 finished july 2019
CRS :- 481
ITA - july 10
APR :- aug 30
Single applicant
VO : OTTAWA (found out when i raised cse 2weeks or so before PPR)
PPR: December 23
COPR : January 22 (since i picked it up today ��‍♂️)
Shalom!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) ... (747)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.